lowlight

HMFIC of this Shit
Staff member
Online Training Access
Minuteman
Apr 12, 2001
Base of the Rockies
www.snipershide.com
One of the downsides to using a ballistic calculator is the before vs. after effect. We read every day on Sniper’s Hide about shooters who have issues aligning their software to their real-world data. This is understandable because most are working the problem backward. Worse in this situation are shooters who feel they need the computer to get started. They have no reference points to use so they believe the computer is the only answer.

The easiest way to set up a ballistic calculator is after the rifle has been doped out to distance. Most new shooters are intimidated by this method. They want the computer to tell them where to start and what to use to hit the target, so doing the work prior makes little sense. In many cases, the software is purchased and installed on their smartphone before the rifle has been...
Continue reading...

Jack Master

. .
Online Training Access
Belligerents
Minuteman
Aug 7, 2018
After adjusting your MV to get your 600yd data to match up, and adjusting your BC to get your 1000 yd data to line up, do you find you need to slightly adjust your MV to re-alight the 600yd data? And then slightly adjust your BC to re-match the 1000yd data? Do you have to do this cycle a couple times? or does it work out the first time? Will doing this cycle refine your data better?

MTB doc

Online Training Member
Online Training Access
Belligerents
Minuteman
May 30, 2019
No don’t use the DSF

works better this way
Even better yet, go to Alaska for the Precision Rifle Course. Besides learning critical fundamentals, Frank went thru this with me and trued my Kestrel to my exact dope based on multiple days of real world data out to 1000. Works perfect.