• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• The site has been updated!

If you notice any issues, please let us know below!

VIEW THREAD

Gunsmithing Ultrasonic Lubricants

RoBro Cop

Private
Minuteman
May 4, 2018
Does anyone here use an ultrasonic cleaner for their firearms? If so, can anyone recommend any post-bath lubricants? I have used Brownells lube in the past, but I was hoping for some other opinions.

I used to use one in a Scuba Diving shop- regulator parts and such that had mineral deposits.... Always lubed to spec of the part, it did not matter how the part was cleaned.

I guess I am saying that to ask, what is wrong with lubricating the firearm part per the owners manual?

If it is a parkerized part on the outside of a barrel, used engine oil soak for 3 days seems to work.

If a trigger group, lube according to manufacturer spec.

Almost any petroleum product works fine... A quart of Slick 50 or a quart of Mobil 1 for oil and a tube of white lithium trailer grease, well those are a life time supply for many. No food products, like coconut oil, should be used from my experience.