• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• The site has been updated!

If you notice any issues, please let us know below!

VIEW THREAD

Hunting & Fishing US Optics Scope for Hunting??

davwil

Private
Minuteman
Dec 8, 2007
Hill country in Texas
I have the US Optics SN-4 1.5-6x on my AR and love it. Hog hunting, deer...you name it. It's one of the finest scopes I've owned.

I'm thinking about getting the SN-3 3.2-17X 44mm for another hunting rifle (308). Does anyone have any experience, suggestions or advice? Thanks

Re: US Optics Scope for Hunting??

i would suggest the S&B 3-12x42 with #9 reticle

I don't know what area or distance you are planning on shooting from (since you didn't provide such information) but 17x is a bit more than most people need for hunting.

1.8-10 or just an ST-10 will do just fine for hunting.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: cjgemm</div><div class="ubbcode-body">check out the SN3 1.8-10 with a 37mm OBJ. </div></div>

I got this. Works well on my ltr. If you are going to be hunting in extreme lowlight get the 44mm. My USO can't hang with the 56mm trijicon in the last 5-10 minutes of light.

With that said....... Get the USO!

Curious have you tried a Schmidt & Bender? I have looked at the US OPTICS but not sure why you would need one for hunting?

Thanks for the input. I was sold on the US Optics...but now I'll check the Schmidt & Bender 12X. I been using 14X and up lately and as I get older it seems to be a lot better for me and the weight isn't that big of a deal. Thanks for all the help.

Take a good look at the S&B Klassik 3-12x42. Ity's an awesome hunting scope!!