• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes US Optics Spotter vrs. Leupold Gold Ring

treedoc

Private
Minuteman
Jul 18, 2008
Virginia
I have a Leupold Gold Ring spotter and I'm just not impressed. Maybe I'm expecting too much. Has anyone viewed the Leupold and the US spotter side-by-side? Is there a big difference in clarity, etc. at say 300-800 yards?

Re: US Optics Spotter vrs. Leupold Gold Ring

I havent looked through the Leupold for a comparison, but I finally got to take my USO spotter out to the range down in sunny Florida last week. Granted it isnt capable of seeing lil holes at 500 meters, I was able to see the bullet impacts on steel or the burm(when spotting for my buddy) clear enough to make adjustments. I dunno if this helps in your decision, its just my 0.02.

Treedoc, I have not used the two side by side but I will agree with what Alambama shooter says 100%

I used a golden ring yesterday down here in SE NM. It was on 20X all day due to 100+ temps / mirage. It has an Awesome field of view and the resolution was great as well. I had nothing but a Burris 20X landmark for comparison though and it obviously blew that away. I liked the Loopy.

Got it used at a gun store in Alamogordo about a week ago for 800.00. It just was one of those deals I saw and couldnt pass up. My dad used it and he likes it too he has a Monster Kowa spotter so ??? I dont know how it would compare to USO. It is lighter than it looks which was surprising but I am used to the Good Glass is Heavy line of thinking.