• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes ***USO MST-100's, LAST RUN!!!***

Re: ***USO MST-100's, LAST RUN!!!***

I just talked to Jeff.... They are at 30... I am exactly 50 on the list... and was told I got a couple more months to go...again...
laugh.gif

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: 7mmRM</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Mine showed up today....
100_1019.jpg

100_1020.jpg

100_1021.jpg
</div></div>

Sweet !! How fast was it mounted?
laugh.gif

Playing with the camera today, better photos now...
DSC_4819.jpg

DSC_4805.jpg

It is great to see these getting out, 7mmRM please post photos when it is on your rifle.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: LoneWolfUSMC</div><div class="ubbcode-body">If i drive up to your place, will you let me breathe on it? </div></div>

Good thing we all know we are talking about scopes here!
laugh.gif

Ok.. I couldnt take it any longer... I brought my M40A1 to work, knowing this would be in... So I put the scope on for some pics.
100_1022.jpg

100_1023.jpg

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: JBW#3</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Hey guys, post or contact DFAR on this thread if you need a mount, THIS IS THE LAST BATCH OF THESE THAT WE WILL MAKE!!! Please make sure you let him know, I need to make sure I make enough for all of you.
http://www.snipershide.com/forum/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=1166727&gonew=1#UNREAD
John III </div></div>
PM sent to JBW#3

I put my name in for the mounts and posted the question there, but I will also post it here. What receiver serial number range will the mounts fit correctly? I know there was a bridge heigh/profile change, but I don't remember when. Since I don't have my receiver yet it would definitely be easier to get the correct receiver to match the mount.

Got a mail from George at GAP....my rifle is all done....just waiting on the MST.

Good things are certainly worth waiting for...but it is tough sometimes!!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: 7mmRM</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Ok.. I couldnt take it any longer... I brought my M40A1 to work, knowing this would be in... So I put the scope on for some pics.
100_1022.jpg

100_1023.jpg
</div></div>

Nice

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: 7mmRM</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Ok.. I couldnt take it any longer... I brought my M40A1 to work, knowing this would be in... So I put the scope on for some pics. </div></div>

Isaac, Very nice ! I can't wait to see mine with the painted stock. I'll probably be the only one that kept the stock painted. I have never seen another.. More pics please !
laugh.gif

I can't seem to get the scope to focus crisply when adjusting the parallax at around 400ds The first time I shot it I could see my hits clearly, but the next time I tried I was unable to clear up the image of my target, any suggestions?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: codyb</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Reset it by tightening it down or? </div></div>

Loosen the lock ring 1/4 to 1/2 turn (no more)
Turn the focus ring 1/4 turn then snug the lock ring back down.
Check for parallax. If it's still present, then repeat.
If you get to 1/2 to 3/4 turn and observe no change, then you are turning the ring the wrong way. Dial it back and start over.
Make sure you are snugging the lock ring after every adjustment otherwise the objective lens could "float".

It goes without saying that when you do this you should be on a target at your desired range. The Marine Corps suggests 300 yards for shooting to 1000 yards. If you won't be shooting that far, then set the parallax at a closer range (100-200 yards).

I was hoping that you were going to post that you just got yours. Waiting is killing me. Mine is going to my smith before I even see it (with a build), so I can't wait until its done as it is the last piece.
All, let us know if anyone gets them.
Chad

Thanks for the info I was attempting to fine tune it and must have taken it to far.

I have a question about the new MST-100. I bought one back in 2004. The retical on that one is almost the same except the big stadia lines on that one is a triangle type instead of like the new ones that is pictured below. I have two of the scopes like the old one. I would like to update it to the way that the Unertl and the new one has. I noticed it in a buddy's that he put on his m40a1. Is this going to be a big deal to change or not? I wish my digital camera would work so I can show you what Im talking about if someone doesnt understand. Thank you

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: 7mmRM</div><div class="ubbcode-body">
100_1021.jpg
</div></div>

Thats what Im hoping for them to do was to change the reticle. Thanks

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: JBW#3</div><div class="ubbcode-body">All gone!
John III

P.S. Duane from Strider Knives has 8541</div></div>

They were all spoken for as of March 17. I do know however that some were ordered by companies instead of individuals.
Give them a call and see if you can find out who ordered them.
Chad

Question for the group, which Butler Creek covers fit the MST-100 correctly?

Or what are you guys using to keep crap off the lenses on yours?

For those of the lucky few that have a USO MSTT 100 can you tell me what is the diameter of the ocular bell housing.

Just asked for it with the scope...
Sorry, just keeping it on the top of the page...
Chad

Can never get a solid answer out of USO on these and it's startin to piss me off..

I think these are back burner, get to them as you have down time type of scopes. Becky asked if they were getting done when I called a few weeks ago and the guy just said, nope haven't gotten to them.
They'll get done, just maybe not as fast as we would like. Wish I hadn't have rushed so much to get the cash to them...
Chad

Last time I checked GAP was offering the MST100 with a M40A1 build on their website for an extra charge (of course). You might call them and see if they can still add one to a spec build.

Chad... I do think they were doing them in batches. I just sent another check off to USO yesterday. I am sooooo close to having it paid off!

I still need to track down a base before I worry about an action.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Can never get a solid answer out of USO on these and it's startin to piss me off.. </div></div>

What answer are you looking for?
John III

You can always count on USO!!

John is good people!

Keepin' it on the first page.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: JBW#3</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Whoever has the OD green coated MST, it looks awesome! That one and 15 others should be shipping this week.
John III </div></div>

I HOPE #50 or 5899 is in those shipping out!
laugh.gif

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: JBW#3</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Whoever has the OD green coated MST, it looks awesome! That one and 15 others should be shipping this week.
John III</div></div>
Come on John,
You must have a picture of that one. Hope some one on here ordered that and we can see it.
Hope mine is one of those 15 that are getting send out. Rifle is waiting for it.

Chad don't feel bad. I got my GAP M40A1 last may, placed my order for the scope in May or June last year got it in April this year waited a little longer on the scope mount and finally got to go shoot it today in the rain. The wait is bad, but worth it when done. Patience is difficult but mandatory. Which is easy since I already have mine.
laugh.gif

Sorry, I know I suck. Couldn't help it.

It will be here before you know it though.Chris