• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes USO SN3 TPAL Gen 2 XR W/Bent Tube

Re: USO SN3 TPAL Gen 2 XR W/Bent Tube

I went back in time and pimp slapped a brontosaurus with my SN3 Tpal. You should have seen the look on that big ass lizards face.

So, when are these alleged pics going to show up?

I also forgot to add that I welded a 1 foot chain in-between two tpals making knunchucks; then won a kumate with them.

Still no pictures? This story is too outrageous to believe! Someone check this guys I.P. address.

I'm calling bullshit until <span style="font-weight: bold">clear, uneditted</span> pictures are posted! At this point, until the pictures <span style="font-weight: bold">get posted by the fine folks at US Optics</span>, it's just another "internet fact". (Truths that only live on the ethernet).

Supposedly the story has some truth behind it; but perhaps his idea of "bent" is a little different then others?

What person would he post this thread, make a statement that is difficult to believe and not have pics ready. <span style="text-decoration: underline">And </span>not be able to produce pics later but keep F'ing posting and allow everyone in the thread to argue whether it can happen or not. WTF?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: shankster</div><div class="ubbcode-body">What retard would he post this thread, make a statement that is difficult to believe and not have pics ready. <span style="text-decoration: underline">And </span>not be able to produce pics later but keep F'ing posting and allow everyone in the thread to argue whether it can happen or not. WTF? </div></div>..plus uno

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Turk</div><div class="ubbcode-body">For some odd reason my eyes go left then right again and again! </div></div>

Me too! Ain't it cool?

I called USO this morning,within 30 seconds of explaining what happened,The response was,SEND IT BACK AND WE WILL BUILD YOU A NEW ONE.I could not believe it,with me getting it damaged and all.I was calling to maybe get an estimate to repair.I have never dealt with a more customer friendly company.Talking about above and beyond,they even gave me a Fed Ex number to use and ship it 2 day air.Now thats standing behind your product 150%.

You won't get better customer service than at USO.

Snap a pic before you box it please.......

And yes, that's CS at its best!

USO should send a bill to this gun shop he used. See what they do then...
It takes a real moron to mess up installing a scope!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: kyshooter338</div><div class="ubbcode-body">USO should send a bill to this gun shop he used. See what they do then...
It takes a real moron to mess up installing a scope! </div></div>

Agreed; but having worked in a gunshop in your hometown, I was honestly amazed at some of the shit that walked in the door. Apparently optics mystify more people than you'd think.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: godblesstheUSA</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I called USO this morning,<span style="font-weight: bold">within 30 seconds of explaining what happened,The response was,SEND IT BACK AND WE WILL BUILD YOU A NEW ONE.</span>I could not believe it,with me getting it damaged and all.I was calling to maybe get an estimate to repair.I have never dealt with a more customer friendly company.Talking about above and beyond,they even gave me a Fed Ex number to use and ship it 2 day air.Now thats standing behind your product 150%. </div></div>

Doesn't get any better than that! What a kick-ass company!

-Pat

The ERGO is not necessarily stronger but it does have almost twice as much metal in the front end.

Fixed my previous post, thanks for the catch.

Cheers,

Doc

I can't wait for those few guys who always says "USO has awesome customer service because they need it, to make up for the mediocre products they sell" to chime in and say "see, USO built another mediocre scope not worth the price tag and now they are trying to fix the situation with their "awesome" customer service...".

I own a USO and their Customer Service makes me a loyal customer. Speaking of, I still owe Arnold a bottle of Capt. Morgan... Should be here somewhere...
laugh.gif

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: JRose</div><div class="ubbcode-body">For Gods sake man, POST A PIC! </div></div>

Dude, for real, post some pics... I know I'd never let a gun store Sasquatch mount my scopes but here's yet another reason to stay away...

Honestly, thats amazing service. Thats like Ford saying they will fix my truck because I accidentaly put water in the gas tank.

Im pretty sure this thread has convinced me to make my next scope a USO, not just because they are quality glass, I feel like I'm buying/supporting an unreal customer service policy.

ARG I would still liked to have seen a pic to see if it was really bent or just a scratch on the finish

Well maybe once John receives it, he can post a couple pics of it. Technically speaking since USO is building a new scope for godblesstheUSA, this one belongs to John now.
smile.gif

Thats How I feel,if,John,wants to post pics he will.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: godblesstheUSA</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Thats How I feel,if,John,wants to post pics he will. </div></div>

You are seriously shitting right? Post some pics.

Gewgaw, and others:

Personally, while I agree that pictures would be interesting, to say the least, I for one am not going to call out, or accuse anyone of wrongdoing.

I have no idea who the OP is, but apparently, they are in contact with USO and maybe even things are 'in transit'.

Inflammatory leadings like that are exactly what is not needed, in the prevention of turning this forum into another. Sorta like the status that a certain 'barkbarkbark.com' has.

We don't want that here, do we? Really?

I may be the only one saying it, but I'm sure that there are others thinking it.

I guess there are two outstanding questions.
1) Which shop mucked up this badly?
2) Would like to see the damage just from a learning standpoint.

I would bet the tube is pushed in on the scope where the rings came together.I seen it happen to a buddys USO.It didnt hurt the scope but it looked like crap.

Come on now.

If a shop jacked your stuff up and is leaving it to you to fix, YOU OWE IT to the rest of us to give us a warning.

If they jack another member's scope up and you could have prevented it, how would you feel?

I am hoping that John will post pics when he gets it.

Ok, I think I'll try again. From a different angle, this time.

Calling anyone here a liar, is non-productive. John and USOptics seem to be involved and have proven themselves to be most definitely interested. And due to their Name and Reputation, I'd venture that there will be an After Action Report.

Wait for it. Don't you think it's coming?

Considering the status of vendors here, I've faith that this will be brought out.

ALL I WAS GETTING AT WITH MY LAST POST, WAS TO STOP THE DOG-PILING OF:

You're a Liar.

You're a Liar.

Prove it.

No way, I call B.S.

(are you getting bored yet?)

I am, and I'm sure others are That is why I said what I said. That line from the movie that goes "Lighten up, Francis" is somewhat fitting now, eh?

===============================================================

That all being said, if it were me that started a thread like this, OF COURSE I would be disclosing the idiot shopworker, and the idiot shop, where I took my rifle to, because I was too much of an (insert whatever you want, here) to do it myself.

The point is even further, that "this is the story we are listening to" and we'll hear the important facts from those integral people at US Optics. Does anyone doubt that?

I would not post pics either (unless USO told me to fuck off). Posting of pics could be taken out of context on this here interwebby thing. Out of respect for USO, I would wait until they get a shot at it to get their professional opinion. Posting pics and the resulting aftermath could be bad PR for USO. This is being handled well by both parties.

That said, I too would like to see pics. I do not think the OP is lying, but this is one of those "holy shit, I did not know that was possible" type of things. USO is hell for stout, but if the guy did not have the scope set in the rings level before he started cranking on them, it is highly possible. I have a feeling that that is what happened if it is in deed bent.

This thread and others like it are the reason why I will only buy USO or Nightforce if I am in the market for high end stuff. There are multiple examples of a rep for these companies responding with "we will make it right."

That is the best way this could have gone down.

eta: oh, yeah, get off the guys ass about mounting it himself. We don't know why he chose to have someone else do it. Maybe he does not have time, or tools or whatever. By that logic, we should all be screwing on barrels ourselves too. Bottom line is he took it to a shop he thought he could trust and they fucked him. That shop should be called out. Some shooters may not be comfortable with mounting an optic, but EVERY shop should be able to do that without damaging your stuff!

Hey guys, Just got the scope in a while ago, been in a meeting all morning and was just able to take a look at it.....sure as shit, this thing is f**ked up!

After looking at it and replicating it, I know exactly what happened.....bigger hammer theory. It IS possible to do what was done, but it took some effort to do so. Marty's rings are so damn strong, and using #8 screws with a torx head helped, that it crushed it like a vise! I think this was a missunderstanding between inch pounds and foot pounds.

I will tell you that this is a U.S. Optics first, and I don't think we will change anything engineering wise, seeing how we destroyed a pair of rings trying to replicate.

****WARNING**** Inch pounds, NOT foot pounds guys. Also, Badger rings are meant to have a small gap between the top and bottom halves. And finally, if something feels too tight, it probably is.

We are going to build another scope for GodBlesstheUSA, we just feel really sorry that this happened to such a good guy. In no way was he to blame.

BTW, the scope is going on my .243!
John III

Awesome customer service John, way to go USO

John-How about a pic? TIA barry

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: JBW#3</div><div class="ubbcode-body">

John III </div></div>

John, I think I have a 3/8" to 1/4" adapter laying around if you need it...
grin.gif

impact.jpg

Very generous, John!

I was never worried about bending my USO's.
I can't imagine ever bending one unless I am doing an unnatural act of such proportions that I may not live through it.

I am almost certain that wouldn't be the outcome w/ any other manufacturer! Awesome CS!

John is FIRST CLASS!

There is no way that scope was bent from improper ring torque. Simply no way.

USO John rocks. Think of how many companies that wouldn't give a crap who bent it, they would blow you off. Really good service.

and Megan is Hot !!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: JRose</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: JBW#3</div><div class="ubbcode-body">

John III </div></div>

John, I think I have a 3/8" to 1/4" adapter laying around if you need it...
grin.gif

impact.jpg
</div></div>

JRose, everytime I see one of your posts, I think to myself what a great bumper sticker that headstone pic in your sig line would make.

Outstanding John, good on ya.

Just for shits and giggles, you should send a bill to the shop that bent it!

Oh, and by the way, you just sold me my next scope (I think people should be rewarded for acts like that).

ive been following this as i was a disbeliever, but John is a classy dude who stands behind his stuff 110%. I think that i am going to hold off on buying optics for a while, because im sold on USO. Now i just need to work up the cash