• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Viperskins replacement AI Stocksides review video.

LoneWolfUSMC

Lt. Colonel
Minuteman
I just finished uploding the initial review video for the Viperskins replacement AI Chassis Skins.

<object width="853" height="480"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/35qYte7x_q8?version=3&hl=en_US&hd=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/35qYte7x_q8?version=3&hl=en_US&hd=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="853" height="480" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true"></embed></object>
I will have a detailed writeup on the website a bit later.

Re: Viperskins replacement AI Stocksides review video.

Very nice
smile.gif

You chose not to reference the AICS extended bolt cut-away on an AI ? I was hoping to hear you thoughts on that area.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: TJ.</div><div class="ubbcode-body">You chose not to reference the AICS extended bolt cut-away on an AI ? I was hoping to hear you thoughts on that area. </div></div>

After I uploaded I realized I neglected to mention that and the 4 oz. lighter weight. I did so in an earlier take, but it got axed.

The larger bolt cut is an aesthetic issue only. It doesn't affect function at all. Victor Company will be releasing a AE/AW specific stockside that will have the small "u" cut instead of the large square cut for the AICS.

Subscribed and checked out some of your other videos and they are well done. Thanks for doing them.

Really like the bolt manipulation video. That last method is very interesting. If practiced it could prove to be very effective.

thanks. well done!

I just visited their website and they say for the 1.5 you need to drill a whole to accommodate the stock. What was the difficulty for that? I'm handy with tools, but at the same time don't want to screw up an expensive chassis.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Tiger Woods</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I just visited their website and they say for the 1.5 you need to drill a whole to accommodate the stock. What was the difficulty for that? I'm handy with tools, but at the same time don't want to screw up an expensive chassis. </div></div>

You don't HAVE to drill the hole. In my opinion its really not necessary as the skins are on quite tight even without the hole. That said, its a very easy modification to make with a hand drill.

Just make your mark using the supplied template and check it by fitting the rear stock sides before starting the hole.

Rich

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: LawnMM</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Tiger Woods</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I just visited their website and they say for the 1.5 you need to drill a whole to accommodate the stock. What was the difficulty for that? I'm handy with tools, but at the same time don't want to screw up an expensive chassis. </div></div>

You don't HAVE to drill the hole. In my opinion its really not necessary as the skins are on quite tight even without the hole. That said, its a very easy modification to make with a hand drill.

Just make your mark using the supplied template and check it by fitting the rear stock sides before starting the hole.

Rich </div></div>

Thanks for the info. My buddy tried turning me onto the Whiskey 3 Chassis, but I love the look of the skins, and I think it has pretty much everything I'd want in a stock. Have they released the different sized palm swells yet?

If anyone here has used both the Viper Skins and a McRee stock I wold be interested in hearing your thoughts. I have a McRee and it fits me well. The AI stock doesn't. The Viper Skins look to be the answer to my problem.

Thank you in advance.