• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Virginia Gun Control Updates

Back when I was in NY, I found out the hard way about how determined and corrupt public officials can subterfuge their way out of any corner.

I truly hope your win becomes an ultimate victory; but I'm not celebrating anything while the folks who enable these deliberate acts of treason still walk free beneath freedom's flag.

Never trust a snake.

Greg

Actually, snakes are quite trustworthy because they will always act like snakes. He just wants a square meal and to be left alone.

Politicians on the other hand...

Reactions: TACC
This bill wasn't passed over because these anti-gunners are nice and kind.
IT WAS PASSED OVER BECAUSE OF THE HUGE NUMBER OF PATRIOTS THAT TURNED OUT AND DEMONSTRATED AGAINST TYRANNY!
Remember this when other states take your RIGHTS!
It won't be by accident. It will be because of YOU!

Obviously, this is not the end of the war, but we have most likely won the battle on this bill at least for this year!

So take just a moment to enjoy the results of your hard work.

While unlikely, it is still possible that this vote could be “reconsidered” this coming Wednesday by the Judiciary Committee if someone who voted on the winning side moves to reconsider the vote. Again, while unlikely, it is not impossible.

Governor “Blackface” Northam could also reintroduce the bill at any time until the end of the 2020 General Assembly session. He has that power.

So, we must remain vigilant! No doubt, your many emails, phone calls, attendance at hearings, and the immense gun owner presence at Lobby Day made the difference!

Significantly, both Republicans and Democrats questioned Delegate Mark Levine on his assertions, such as claiming the US Supreme Court has upheld similar laws.

Thanks for taking the time to make your voices heard!

GOA

A battle is won. The war is far from over.
No battle has been won, it was just pushed to the right. Maybe waiting for another mass shooting so people vote and think with their feelings instead of facts. Not that they are now, but if 20 more little Jimmy's and Sally's die in a school shooting, they WILL get their way. Do you all not think these shootings come at peculiar times......

Good job Virginia! Be sure and get rid of Grand Wizard Northam next election.

Reactions: TACC
No battle has been won, it was just pushed to the right. Maybe waiting for another mass shooting so people vote and think with their feelings instead of facts. Not that they are now, but if 20 more little Jimmy's and Sally's die in a school shooting, they WILL get their way. Do you all not think these shootings come at peculiar times......
How bout guard the school with guns! No more shootings!

Wow. Just wait until a couple towel heads drop by the nearest synagogue and slaughter the entire daycare.

The Left will use it as a battering ram to push... what? Gun control? Bet they will.

Further action suggested by the VSSA on the recently defeated gun, magazine, and suppressor ban.

The Next Step After Defeat of Northam Gun, Magazine, and Suppressor Ban

The Washington Post confirms what VSSA's lobbyist found while working with senators on the Senate Judiciary Committee to defeat HB961 - they thought the bill went too far and captured more firearms than what many think of as so called "assault weapons". Take Senator Creigh Deeds for instance. Deeds was one of the four Senators that VSSA focused efforts on to defeat the bills. He used to be a reliable vote against gun control but started to turn after the Virginia Tech shooting in 2007. He also felt that his support for Second Amendment Rights had been betrayed when the NRA supported Bob McDonnell in the 2009 Gubernatorial election when McDonnell had voted for handgun rationing in 1993 and Deeds had voted against it. McDonnell had promised he would sign a repeal of the law while Deeds had already started shifting his position on background checks more in line with the gun ban lobby. I saw gun ban activist Lori Haas giving Deeds an ear full outside the committee room after the vote. He later told the Post:
Deeds said in an interview that the bill’s magazine limits could have applied to some long rifles and handguns that “I don’t think anybody really intended to criminalize.”

“AK-47s or AR-15s — I think they’re impractical, and I can’t imagine that people really need to own those things. In fact, they are weapons of war,” Deeds said. “But when you’re trying to define that as a matter of code, you’ve got to be really careful.”
No Senator Deeds, that is exactly what they wanted to do. That's why the Secretary of Public Safety, Bryan Moran, focused on the Virginia Tech shooting in his remarks in both the House Public Safety Committee and Senate Judiciary. The firearms used in the Tech shooting were handguns. And, despite the fact that the commission appointed by Governor Tim Kaine after the shooting said that the size of the magazines used would have had no impact on the carnage, that is what Moran focused on. Deed's comments also show we still need to educate those who voted to waylay about why firearms like the AR-15 are indeed practical and used for sport, hunting, and competition.

Gun owners in the districts of the four senators (Surovell, Petersen, Deeds, Edwards) should use this time to educate them on the many rifles like the AR-15, why they are so popular, why their features make them easy for anyone - youth, women, handicapped shooters - to use. Gun ranges in or near their districts should invite them to competitions that use the rifles so they can see why these firearms are indeed "practical"

Reactions: Tx_Aggie and karb
"Deed's comments also show we still need to educate those who voted to waylay about why firearms like the AR-15 are indeed practical and used for sport, hunting, and competition."

This part is really true, we must never let up the pressure as we have said so many times before.

We must continue to stand at the frontlines so as to keep the enemies of freedom at bay.

Reactions: Tx_Aggie
Watch this!

What's unfortunate is that this man was unable to have others join him in (peaceful protest).
It is as I have said so many times, you cannot do it alone, it will take everyone united.

Would I suggest doing this to just anyone you dislike, absolutely not!

However, if someone is attempting to steal away your rights, guaranteed by the US Constitution, then that changes things...

The message was sent and received.

So what if next time there are 100, 1000 or 10,000+ 2A supporters outside a delegates residence?

Unlikely but it all depends on what our government does, look at lobby day, that restraint shows immense power if you ask me.

Civil disobedience is where we are headed if Dems don't start taking law abiding gun owners seriously.

Is that scenario really what Dems want because that will lead us into a dark chapter of America.

Let us use our heads but remain vigilant against tyranny.

Last edited:
Reactions: karb
Watch this!

What's unfortunate is that this man was unable to have others join him in (peaceful protest).
It is as I have said so many times, you cannot do it alone, it will take everyone united.

However, if someone is attempting to steal away your rights, guaranteed by the US Constitution, then that changes things...

So what if next time there are 100, 1000 or 10,000+ 2A supporters outside a delegates residence?

Unlikely but it all depends on what our government does, look at lobby day, that restraint shows immense power if you ask me.

Civil disobedience is where we are headed if Dems don't start taking law abiding gun owners seriously.

Is that scenario really what Dems want because that will lead us into a dark chapter of America.

Ill bet dollars to donuts Levine takes it in the ass.

This guy Levine is a clown and I'm sure that the Dem leadership sees this. Even folks that know next to nothing about firearms see this. Need evidence? Watch his great orations including the classics "assault weapons are for mowing down advancing armies" and "when was the last time a house was invaded by more than 12 criminals?" speeches that are memorialized on YouTube. The risk is that next time they don't pick a clown to sell this tyranny.

Watch this!

You are looking at the first person the red flag law is going to be used on, July 1 when it goes into law.

I think he hurt the cause. If it were a couple hundred people, it would have had some meaning. One guy looks like a crazy gun nut go off the deep end. I agree with all he said, I wish it would have been 100’s or 1000’s as well, as you said.

You are looking at the first person the red flag law is going to be used on, July 1 when it goes into law.

I think he hurt the cause. If it were a couple hundred people, it would have had some meaning. One guy looks like a crazy gun nut go off the deep end. I agree with all he said, I wish it would have been 100’s or 1000’s as well, as you said.
I agree, it should have been more and preferably not armed, at least visibly.
The message would still have been sent without a shotgun, you know?

The House Public Safety committee is going to hear the following bills TOMORROW morning, Friday, February 21, at 8 am in the House Committee Room:

Also,
Call the following State Senators and demand they stand with the 2nd, 5th and 6th Amendments and reject Red Flag Gun Confiscation!

Senator Lynwood Lewis- 804-698-7506
Senator Creigh Deeds- 804-698-7525
Senator Emmett Hanger- 804-698-7524
Senator John Edwards- 804-698-7521

Last edited:
Done!! Thank you for every update, and energized efforts!! We are all noticing, and taking action!! GODSPEED

The House Public Safety committee is going to hear the following bills TOMORROW morning, Friday, February 21, at 8 am in the House Committee Room:

Also,
Call the following State Senators and demand they stand with the 2nd, 5th and 6th Amendments and reject Red Flag Gun Confiscation!

Senator Lynwood Lewis- 804-698-7506
Senator Creigh Deeds- 804-698-7525
Senator Emmett Hanger- 804-698-7524
Senator John Edwards- 804-698-7521

_BeaWxU05VUxNVrBST1PgAe4eGjzCrBcfa7qfc31mTZFwNmYViEQpRkFbtx9NgbDjtgrERSSs05sSC0sedX5hdr46xnXCOhv5zzYEgz-s4yGKdSbYWdz7gFPJ_pf8HgNjhZ_qeoYJdhu-1fCltJsGgR3hJPoUaADFpg=s0-d-e1-ft

1. ACTION ITEM TURNOUT NEEDED: Senate Judiciary committee to hear critical gun bills on Monday!
2. ACTION ITEM: BATFE proposal is dangerous move to make a national gun registry easier to create
1. ACTION ITEM TURNOUT NEEDED: Senate Judiciary committee to hear critical gun bills on Monday!The Senate Judiciary committee is hearing major gun-control bills this Monday, February 24, at 8 am in the Senate Committee Room A in the General Assembly, 900 East Main St, Richmond. (After going through metal detectors go straight to the glass doors and then make an immediate right and then on more immediate right.) Let's pack the building like we did last Monday when HB 961 was killed!

The following gun bills will be heard (VCDL opposes all these bills):
H.B. 2
Patron: Plum
Universal Background Check, without CHP exemption.

-
H.B. 9
Patron: Bourne
Must report lost/stolen firearm within 24 hours after discovering loss.

-
H.B. 264
Patron: Lopez
Eliminates online training for CHP and it also eliminates NRA instructor training! That is a disaster for those wanting to get a concealed handgun permit, as training will be hard to find and expensive when found. Somebody needing to get a concealed handgun permit in a hurry will not be able to do so.

-
H.B. 421
Patron: Price
Allows localities to pass their own gun control. In fact localities could ban concealed and open carry for everyone! This bill is extremely dangerous to our right to keep and bear arms!

-
H.B. 674
Patron: Sullivan
Red Flag law, but without many of the protections offered by the Senate version.

-
H.B. 812
Patron: Ward
One Handgun a Month with no exception for CHP holders.

-
H.B. 1004
Patron: Mullin
Permanent protective orders take way right to keep and bear arms while in force.

-
H.B. 1080
Patron: Hope
Restricts even further who can have a firearm on K-12 school property.

-
H.B. 1083
Patron: Hayes
Person who leaves a loaded handgun "recklessly" where someone under the age of 18 can have access, could be charged with a Class 6 FELONY.

-
H.B. 1288
Patron: Murphy
Takes away gun rights for misdemeanor stalking, sexual battery, hate crime, or domestic violence.

2. ACTION ITEM: BATFE proposal is dangerous move to make a national gun registry easier to createGun Owners of America has the information and an easy action item, but we must hurry as the comment period ends this Monday, February 24!

Click here to take action.
Twitter
Facebook
To join VCDL, click here. To contribute to VCDL, click here.

To view the archives, click here.

Copyright © 2020 Virginia Citizens Defense League, All rights reserved.
Not yet a Virginia Citizens Defense League member? Join VCDL at: https://vcdl.org/join
VCDL's calendar: http://www.vcdl.org/meetings
Abbreviations used in VA-ALERT: http://www.vcdl.org/help/abbr.h

Reactions: davsco and ewoaf
I think it's about time we start suing the tics that write laws against their oath an the COTUS. The only thing people understand anymore is climbing into THEIR pocket, not the taxpayers pocket for them to pay with. Where is it written tics get a free ride to shit on the COTUS at our expense. They violate their oath, they need to pay for it in spades. Tar an feathers, run out of town on a rail, or the tried an true method of a rope, all have been used in the past an we need to revert to what works.

Decent video explaining the next move of the anti-gunners:

They are attempting a divide and conquer strategy by going after our law enforcement friends.

Decent video explaining the next move of the anti-gunners:

They are attempting a divide and conquer strategy by going after our law enforcement friends.

Wouldn't that bill effectively remove all officer discretion in enforcement? Not just in terms of 2A issues, but in general.

I'm frighted, not surprised, but very frightened for where this is going. The democrats are determined to rule-- the will of the people be damned. The hubris, arrogance, and conceit of this bunch is unbelievable.

Status of gun bills in the Senate on Monday, February 24

The Senate Judiciary committee met on Monday.

One victory: HB 1288 (takes away gun rights for misdemeanors) was passed by for the year. Most of the other bills were modified to tone them down slightly, and then passed out of committee. All Democrats on the committee voted wrong on every bill, except HB 1288 (Edwards, Saslaw, Lucas, Deeds, Petersen, and Morrissey voted with Republicans) and HB 9 (Senator Petersen voted with Republicans). Republicans voted correctly on everything. The bills are now headed to the Senate Floor, where they can be modified again and voted on in a few days.

Here is the status of the bills that were considered (Senator's names in red voted wrong):

H.B. 2

Patron: Plum

Universal Background Check was conformed to the Senate version, which applies only to bonafide sale and not transfers. It passed out of the committee on a 9 to 5 vote.

YEAS--Edwards, Saslaw, Lucas, Deeds, Petersen, Surovell, McClellan, Boysko, Morrissey--9.

NAYS--Norment, Obenshain, McDougle, Stuart, Chafin--5.

-

H.B. 9

Patron: Bourne

Must report lost/stolen firearm within 24 hours after discovering loss. Squeaked out on a 8 to 7 vote.

YEAS--Edwards, Saslaw, Lucas, Deeds, Surovell, McClellan, Boysko, Morrissey--8.

NAYS--Norment, Obenshain, McDougle, Stuart, Stanley, Chafin, Petersen--7.

-

H.B. 264

Patron: Lopez

Eliminates online training for CHP and was modified to continue allowing NRA instructors to teach. Passed out of committee by a 9 to 6 vote.

YEAS--Edwards, Saslaw, Lucas, Deeds, Petersen, Surovell, McClellan, Boysko, Morrissey--9.

NAYS--Norment, Obenshain, McDougle, Stuart, Stanley, Chafin--6.

-

H.B. 421

Patron: Price

Allows localities to pass their own gun control, but was modified to narrow the focus of where guns could be controlled. However, some new locations were added to what locations could be controlled (recreation and community centers). So government can turn areas it controls into "gun free" shooting galleries, with with no requirement to even provide extra security. Passed out of committee by a 9 to 6 vote.

-

H.B. 674

Patron: Sullivan

Red Flag law, modified to be similar to the Senate version, but with weaker protections than the Senate version. This bill is still horrendous for our civil rights. Government is not held liable for errors or omissions in stripping you of your firearms, nor are they responsible if your guns, in their possession, get lost of damaged. If this bill isn't tyrannical, I don't know what is. Passed out of committee by a 9 to 6 vote.

-

H.B. 812

Patron: Ward

One Handgun a Month, modified to add an exception for CHP holders. Passed out of committee by a 9 to 6 vote.

-

H.B. 1004

Patron: Mullin

Permanent protective orders take way right to keep and bear arms while in force. Passed out of committee by a 9 to 6 vote.

-

H.B. 1080

Patron: Hope

Restricts even further who can have a firearm on K-12 school property. Passed out of committee by a 9 to 5 vote.

NAYS--Obenshain, McDougle, Stuart, Stanley, Chafin--5.

-

H.B. 1083

Patron: Hayes

Person who leaves a loaded firearm "recklessly" where someone under the age of 18 can have access, could be charged with a Class 6 FELONY. Modified in committee to lower the age back to 14 years-old and reduced the penalty from a Class 6 felony to a Class 1 misdemeanor (up from a Class 3 misdemeanor in current law). Passed out of committee on a 9 to 6 vote.

-

H.B. 1288

Patron: Murphy

Takes away gun rights for misdemeanor stalking, sexual battery, hate crime, or domestic violence. This bill was carried over for the year (dead) by a 12 to 3 vote.

YEAS--Edwards, Saslaw, Norment, Lucas, Obenshain, McDougle, Stuart, Stanley, Chafin, Deeds, Petersen, Morrissey--12.

NAYS--Surovell, McClellan, Boysko--3.

Likwe
Like in FL, right.....
Depends which ones you are talking about, the lutz's prior to PARKLAND, or the new armed teachers in other counties with also using the other armed security.

so despite the virginia dems trying VERY hard to take our AR-15's away to supposedly prevent murder and mayhem, they just passed a bill that could let the beltway sniper, who used an ar-15 to kill 10+, out of jail just 20 years after being sentenced. i mean, if you're going to gut the constitution and ban and take guns away in the name of safety, at least put, and keep, actual violent criminals in jail.

so despite the virginia dems trying VERY hard to take our AR-15's away to supposedly prevent murder and mayhem, they just passed a bill that could let the beltway sniper, who used an ar-15 to kill 10+, out of jail just 20 years after being sentenced. i mean, if you're going to gut the constitution and ban and take guns away in the name of safety, at least put, and keep, actual violent criminals in jail.

Why? If you want to make people want you to take firearms away make every effort to create violence on the streets so people will cry for more and stricter laws.