• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Virginia Gun Control Updates

URGENT, let's flood the listed emails

This morning the House announced that the Public Safety, Firearms Subcommittee is going to hear five gun-control bills THIS AFTERNOON, January 19, 1/2 hour after the House Floor session adjourns (which could be anytime after 1 pm today).

We need to bombard the committee members with an email opposing all of the bills ASAP!

Email addresses: [email protected]; [email protected]; [email protected]; [email protected]; [email protected]; [email protected]; [email protected]; [email protected]

Subject: OPPOSE HB1909, HB1992, HB2128, HB2276, HB2295 in subcommittee today!

Text:

I urge you to OPPOSE the following bills in subcommittee today:

HB1909 - School Boards are offices with adult workers in them, just like thousands of offices across the Commonwealth. It makes no sense to treat them as if they were a school with children in them.

HB1992 - This bill expands the number of things that qualify as misdemeanor domestic violence beyond what the federal government uses to take away gun rights. There is no provision to restore rights in the bill and it would create a lifetime ban on gun ownership for a mere misdemeanor. From a gun-rights perspective under this bill, the person charged would be better off seriously harming the other person and getting a felony conviction, from which their gun-rights could eventually be restored.

HB2128 - This bill could make a person wait up to five business days for a background check approval, which would take more pressure off the government to do a timely background check. The promise to gun owners is that the background check system is supposed to be an INSTANT CHECK, not a five-day waiting period check, which, with weekends/holidays could be up to NINE-days in realtime. The current three days is more than sufficient.

HB2276 - This bill was written without a clear understanding of the current law on homemade guns for a person's own use, which has been legal since America's founding. Besides banning personally-made guns completely, the bill makes the owners of such guns instant criminals, even if the owner had applied directly to the ATF for a serial number and put the serial number on the gun.

HB2295 - A solution in search of a problem. There has been no events that justify stripping the very people represented by the General Assembly of their right to self-defense. Citizens have been carrying on Capitol grounds and buildings for years responsibly and without incident.

Sincerely,
[YOUR NAME]

URGENT, let's flood the listed emails

This morning the House announced that the Public Safety, Firearms Subcommittee is going to hear five gun-control bills THIS AFTERNOON, January 19, 1/2 hour after the House Floor session adjourns (which could be anytime after 1 pm today).

We need to bombard the committee members with an email opposing all of the bills ASAP!

Email addresses: [email protected]; [email protected]; [email protected]; [email protected]; [email protected]; [email protected]; [email protected]; [email protected]

Subject: OPPOSE HB1909, HB1992, HB2128, HB2276, HB2295 in subcommittee today!

Text:

I urge you to OPPOSE the following bills in subcommittee today:

HB1909 - School Boards are offices with adult workers in them, just like thousands of offices across the Commonwealth. It makes no sense to treat them as if they were a school with children in them.

HB1992 - This bill expands the number of things that qualify as misdemeanor domestic violence beyond what the federal government uses to take away gun rights. There is no provision to restore rights in the bill and it would create a lifetime ban on gun ownership for a mere misdemeanor. From a gun-rights perspective under this bill, the person charged would be better off seriously harming the other person and getting a felony conviction, from which their gun-rights could eventually be restored.

HB2128 - This bill could make a person wait up to five business days for a background check approval, which would take more pressure off the government to do a timely background check. The promise to gun owners is that the background check system is supposed to be an INSTANT CHECK, not a five-day waiting period check, which, with weekends/holidays could be up to NINE-days in realtime. The current three days is more than sufficient.

HB2276 - This bill was written without a clear understanding of the current law on homemade guns for a person's own use, which has been legal since America's founding. Besides banning personally-made guns completely, the bill makes the owners of such guns instant criminals, even if the owner had applied directly to the ATF for a serial number and put the serial number on the gun.

HB2295 - A solution in search of a problem. There has been no events that justify stripping the very people represented by the General Assembly of their right to self-defense. Citizens have been carrying on Capitol grounds and buildings for years responsibly and without incident.

Sincerely,
[YOUR NAME]
DONE!

Virginia House Bill 2276 has bans 80% firearms and bans making your own firearms which has been legal since the founding of this nation in every state in America.

Call the following members of the House of Delegates Public Safety Committee and demand they VOTE NO on House Bill 2276, regardless of any amendments.

Delegate Carrie Coyner (R-62)- 804-698-1062
Delegate Josh Cole- (D-28)- 804-698-1028
Delegate Thomas Wright Jr (R- 61)- 804-698-1061
Delegate Sam Rasoul- (D-11)- 804-698-1011

Virginia House Bill 2276 has bans 80% firearms and bans making your own firearms which has been legal since the founding of this nation in every state in America.

Call the following members of the House of Delegates Public Safety Committee and demand they VOTE NO on House Bill 2276, regardless of any amendments.

Delegate Carrie Coyner (R-62)- 804-698-1062
Delegate Josh Cole- (D-28)- 804-698-1028
Delegate Thomas Wright Jr (R- 61)- 804-698-1061
Delegate Sam Rasoul- (D-11)- 804-698-1011

That bill (at least the text available online) would retroactively ban any firearm without a serial number, and any firearm with a serial number that was not manufactured by a licensed FFL.

As written, it is essentially a confiscation bill for millions of firearms manufactured before the 1968 GCA mandated that manufacturers provide serial numbers, as well as for any firearm currently owned that was manufactured by a home builder unless they purchased a serialized receiver from a dealer.

It would also retroactively ban every Form 1 suppressor in the Commonwealth, and would make it impossible to own or build a Form 1 suppressor going forward.

EmailVCDLlogo.jpg

1. Status of gun bills
2. Note on Lobby Day
3. Help Needed: Fredericksburg gun show THIS WEEKEND!
4. VCDL virtual membership meeting tonight at 8 am on Youtube, Facebook

1. Status of gun bills

All of the gun-control bill cleared the Public Safety Firearms subcommittee last night, unfortunately, but not surprisingly. HB 2276, got a change in language to avoid inadvertently making guns made before 1968 illegal. That bill is dabbling in a part of federal gun law that should be left to BATFE to handle. These bills are headed to full committee on Friday.

Gun-control bill HB 2081, which bans guns within 40 feet of polling places, cleared the Privileges and Elections committee today and is headed to the House Floor.

Watch for an Alert on Thursday directing you how to fight those bills in committee and on the House Floor.
2. Note on Lobby Day

VCDL Lobby Day was a success, with over 1,000 vehicles participating. Because of the way Richmond PD kept opening and closing streets, you might not realize the magnitude as the caravans did not all follow the expected routes and one caravan was short circuited after arriving in Richmond. We had reports that one caravan was 10 miles long and another 3 miles long (which is nothing to sneeze at either). The event went off safely and I have reports from attendees on how great it was to participate. Our message wasn't lost on the expressways either, as there was plenty of honking and thumbs up signals to our caravans.

There are some teaser photos and information on the main page of the VCDL website (http://vcdl.org). Once the General Assembly is done, I will work on putting together an alert documenting Lobby Day 2021. We will also have a video documenting the event.

3. Help Needed: Fredericksburg gun show THIS WEEKEND!

Your VCDL urgently needs member volunteers to help this Friday and Saturday, January 23 and 24, at the:

FREDERICKSBURG EXPO & CONFERENCE CENTER
2371 CARL D SILVER PARKWAY
FREDERICKSBURG, VA 22401

For details contact: Jennifer Stover, Fredericksburg Gun Show Coordinator

Text (preferred); 757-701-5662
email: [email protected]

4. VCDL virtual membership meeting tonight at 8 am on Youtube, Facebook

VCDL will have a membership meeting tonight at 8 pm on the VCDL Facebook page and our Youtube channel.

This should take you to a pre-written letter opposing the bills.
EmailVCDLlogo.jpg

There was a problem with sending the pre-written message to the House today. The problem should be fixed now. Even if your message went through successfully, please resend it again, as your name and address weren't automatically included in the email sent to the Delegates. That, too, has been fixed now. It's a new system and we are trying to get the kinks out.

Click here to send a pre-written, but editable, email to your Delegate (system automatically figures out who that is based on your address). It also will give you the phone number for your Delegate. Please email AND call them. Five gun-control bills are headed to committee tomorrow (Friday) and one is headed to the House Floor.

This should take you to a pre-written letter opposing the bills.
EmailVCDLlogo.jpg

There was a problem with sending the pre-written message to the House today. The problem should be fixed now. Even if your message went through successfully, please resend it again, as your name and address weren't automatically included in the email sent to the Delegates. That, too, has been fixed now. It's a new system and we are trying to get the kinks out.

Click here to send a pre-written, but editable, email to your Delegate (system automatically figures out who that is based on your address). It also will give you the phone number for your Delegate. Please email AND call them. Five gun-control bills are headed to committee tomorrow (Friday) and one is headed to the House Floor.
Did it again. Thanks for posting this!

done.

Mike, thanks for keeping this thread going and keeping us up to date. Im so freaking busy I have a hard time keeping up with it all. Im sure Northam feels emboldened now that Little Jo is in office.

Reactions: Vamike9
Virginia Citizens Defense League (VCDL)

HB1992, Murphy, takes away gun rights for a misdemeanor domestic violence conviction and it expands what is considered "domestic violence." This bill is being heard on Wednesday, January 27, at 1 pm.

To take action, click here

if anyone wants to mass email the VA delegates and/or senators, all their current email addresses are below. you may have to remove the quote marks if you cut and paste, maybe not.

'[email protected]'; '[email protected]'; '[email protected]'; '[email protected]'; '[email protected]'; '[email protected]'; '[email protected]''; '[email protected]'; '[email protected]'; '[email protected]'; '[email protected]'; '[email protected]'; '[email protected]'; '[email protected]'; '[email protected]'; '[email protected]'; '[email protected]'; '[email protected]'; '[email protected]'; '[email protected]'; '[email protected]'; '[email protected]'; '[email protected]'; '[email protected]'; '[email protected]'; '[email protected]'; '[email protected]'; '[email protected]'; '[email protected]'; '[email protected]'; '[email protected]'; '[email protected]'; '[email protected]'; '[email protected]'; '[email protected]'; '[email protected]'; '[email protected]'; '[email protected]'; '[email protected]'; '[email protected]'; '[email protected]'; '[email protected]'; '[email protected]'; '[email protected]'; '[email protected]'; '[email protected]'; '[email protected]'; '[email protected]'; '[email protected]'; '[email protected]'; '[email protected]'; '[email protected]'; '[email protected]'; '[email protected]'; '[email protected]'; '[email protected]'; '[email protected]'; '[email protected]'; '[email protected]'; '[email protected]'; '[email protected]'; '[email protected]'; '[email protected]'; '[email protected]'; '[email protected]'; '[email protected]'; '[email protected]'; '[email protected]'; '[email protected]'; '[email protected]'; '[email protected]'; '[email protected]'; '[email protected]'; '[email protected]'; '[email protected]'; '[email protected]'; '[email protected]'; '[email protected]'; '[email protected]'; '[email protected]'; '[email protected]'; '[email protected]'; '[email protected]'; '[email protected]'; '[email protected]'; '[email protected]'; '[email protected]'; '[email protected]'; '[email protected]'; '[email protected]'; '[email protected]'; '[email protected]'; '[email protected]'; '[email protected]'; '[email protected]'; '[email protected]'; '[email protected]'; '[email protected]'; '[email protected]'; '[email protected]'

'[email protected]'; '[email protected]'; '[email protected]'; '[email protected]'; '[email protected]'; '[email protected]'; '[email protected]'; '[email protected]'; '[email protected]'; '[email protected]'; '[email protected]'; '[email protected]'; '[email protected]'; '[email protected]'; '[email protected]'; '[email protected]'; '[email protected]'; '[email protected]'; '[email protected]'; '[email protected]'; '[email protected]'; '[email protected]'; '[email protected]'; '[email protected]'; '[email protected]'; '[email protected]'; '[email protected]'; '[email protected]'; '[email protected]'; '[email protected]'; '[email protected]'; '[email protected]'; '[email protected]'; '[email protected]'; '[email protected]'; '[email protected]'; '[email protected]'; '[email protected]'; '[email protected]'; '[email protected]'

done.

Mike, thanks for keeping this thread going and keeping us up to date. Im so freaking busy I have a hard time keeping up with it all. Im sure Northam feels emboldened now that Little Jo is in office.

And by this...
1611762398446.png

Fairfax county is just too big now, dominating the state unlike in the past, and it used to be 'purple'. I drive by all those endless row-houses in the County while driving on I-66 out to my farm. Those poor souls, forced to live in these Soviet-bloc style homes, endure all the traffic and high crime. Unfortunately they are voting for more of this at the ballot. I can not wait for the day I'm done living in DC/Beltway...

Reactions: RG0099 and Maggot
And by this...

Fairfax county is just too big now, dominating the state unlike in the past, and it used to be 'purple'. I drive by all those endless row-houses in the County while driving on I-66 out to my farm. Those poor souls, forced to live in these Soviet-bloc style homes, endure all the traffic and high crime. Unfortunately they are voting for more of this at the ballot. I can not wait for the day I'm done living in DC/Beltway...
I think they dont know anything else. Their day consists of office work, not getting their hands dirty. Its sad, and is whats happening here in Charlottesville. I can count literally hundreds, if not thousands of townhome/condo/apts going up right now but no one except the incredibly wealthy are building single family homes.

I think they dont know anything else. Their day consists of office work, not getting their hands dirty. Its sad, and is whats happening here in Charlottesville. I can count literally hundreds, if not thousands of townhome/condo/apts going up right now but no one except the incredibly wealthy are building single family homes.
C-Ville is a piss hole anyway. I don't know why anyone would live there. It seems lots of the new single family homes are being built over the hill in Augusta County because no one wants to live in C-Ville.

C-Ville is a piss hole anyway. I don't know why anyone would live there. It seems lots of the new single family homes are being built over the hill in Augusta County because no one wants to live in C-Ville.
It used to be a great town. GREAT entertainment, because of Corin Capshaw who manages Dave Matthews and others, we had the Rollling Stones play at the Stadium. Great restaurants. Unfortunately, in 95 some fancy northern glamour magazine ran an article Charlottesville Virginia, the nicest small college town in America. I knew right them it was over and sure enough the yankees flocked here lie flies to shit, bringing all their liberal crap with them. Went 85% blue this time. Pisses me oof to no end.

Reactions: 168BTHPM
It used to be a great town. GREAT entertainment, because of Corin Capshaw who manages Dave Matthews and others, we had the Rollling Stones play at the Stadium. Great restaurants. Unfortunately, in 95 some fancy northern glamour magazine ran an article Charlottesville Virginia, the nicest small college town in America. I knew right them it was over and sure enough the yankees flocked here lie flies to shit, bringing all their liberal crap with them. Went 85% blue this time. Pisses me oof to no end.
I worked there from 2005-2016. It reminded me of Berkeley east, everyone was trying to out liberal each other. Nothing but virtue signaling all the time. The only redeeming quality C-Ville had was Woodbrook Sports, when she closed the shop there was no reason to go to C-Ville other than to work and leave as soon as possible. The UVA grads are some of the most pretentious cunts on the planet. They would get highly offended when I told them I never heard of UVA before I moved there. I would tell them if you want to brag about graduating from an institution of higher learning it better be some place like Standford, MIT, Cal Berkeley, CIT or Carnegie.

But should you be getting "Pissed oof" with your UTI and all? Seems ill advised........

*just say'n*

I worked there from 2005-2016. It reminded me of Berkeley east, everyone was trying to out liberal each other. Nothing but virtue signaling all the time. The only redeeming quality C-Ville had was Woodbrook Sports, when she closed the shop there was no reason to go to C-Ville other than to work and leave as soon as possible. The UVA grads are some of the most pretentious cunts on the planet. They would get highly offended when I told them I never heard of UVA before I moved there. I would tell them if you want to brag about graduating from an institution of higher learning it better be some place like Standford, MIT, Cal Berkeley, CIT or Carnegie.
Yeah, it got alot worse after I graduated in 95 (at 45 years old) but in those days, before the 'wokeinization' we would go back and forth with Berkeley as the #1 public university. When I visited Stanford a few years back and mentioned I went to UVA people were actually a bit in awe. some of our programs are still the top in there field.

We do have one of the top gunsmiths in the country, Clay Spencer...

Spencer's Custom Guns

benchrest.com/spencer
Spencer's
Custom Guns has been offering quality craftmanship since 1979 and can meet all of your accuracy needs. Below is a list of basic services offered. For more specialized services, please call.

But youre right, its gone down. Way down.

Reactions: shoot4fun

Spencer's Custom Guns

benchrest.com/spencer
Spencer's
Custom Guns has been offering quality craftmanship since 1979 and can meet all of your accuracy needs. Below is a list of basic services offered. For more specialized services, please call.
Is Clay still building guns? Don't hear much any more.
You're correct in your assessment. not only a premier 'smith but has left a legacy with his barrel making skills (now done at MPA) and custom bullets (Vapor Trail).

Yeah, it got alot worse after I graduated in 95 (at 45 years old) but in those days, before the 'wokeinization' we would go back and forth with Berkeley as the #1 public university. When I visited Stanford a few years back and mentioned I went to UVA people were actually a bit in awe. some of our programs are still the top in there field.

Spencer's Custom Guns

benchrest.com/spencer
Spencer's

I thought Clay retired when I was still in VA. I seem to remember an auction of some of his equipment. He did however build some of the best benchrest guns. I remember shooting with Clay and Bob Rosen at Blueridge Shooters Assoc.

One of the best gunsmiths, who builds almost all of my stuff, is in Harrisonburg. Jack Keister Customs, he started Accurate Arms, then sold it to a guy in Alabama I think. Now he started back up in a small two man shop. They specialize in light weight hunting rifles, and make their own carbon fiber stocks. They have built half a dozen tactical rifles for me and everyone is an absolute hammer. Jason does all of the stock work and Cerakote and does the best work I have seen.

C-Ville though, I will live just as long and die just as happy if I never see that place again.

Spencer's Custom Guns

benchrest.com/spencer
Spencer's

But were they Paparock in awe? There's a difference ya know.

" I wear a silver American Snipers Org. bracelet and also a American Snipers Org. sniper's rifle pin on my hat. I donate to that organization. I served in the U.S. Army 1971-1973 and later was in the only U.S. Army Airborne Infantry National Guard unit in Houston, TX. The young Marines would ask and I would tell them I am a Vietnam Era Vet and they would salute me for my service. It meant a lot to me as those of us that were in the military during Vietnam got a lot of crap."

Reactions: greg1147
Is Clay still building guns? Don't hear much any more.
You're correct in your assessment. not only a premier 'smith but has left a legacy with his barrel making skills (now done at MPA) and custom bullets (Vapor Trail).
I thought Clay retired when I was still in VA. I seem to remember an auction of some of his equipment. He did however build some of the best benchrest guns. I remember shooting with Clay and Bob Rosen at Blueridge Shooters Assoc.

One of the best gunsmiths, who builds almost all of my stuff, is in Harrisonburg. Jack Keister Customs, he started Accurate Arms, then sold it to a guy in Alabama I think. Now he started back up in a small two man shop. They specialize in light weight hunting rifles, and make their own carbon fiber stocks. They have built half a dozen tactical rifles for me and everyone is an absolute hammer. Jason does all of the stock work and Cerakote and does the best work I have seen.

C-Ville though, I will live just as long and die just as happy if I never see that place again.

I believe ya'll are correct, Clay has retired and sold out to another company. We still have Ashbury Precision Ordinance in Ruckersville just a few mile north of CVille. Great people, gave me the factory tour. Ill keep Jack Keister in mind. Thanks.

Reactions: 168BTHPM
I believe ya'll are correct, Clay has retired and sold out to another company. We still have Ashbury Precision Ordinance in Ruckersville just a few mile north of CVille. Great people, gave me the factory tour. Ill keep Jack Keister in mind. Thanks.
Gotta watch out for the speed traps in Greene County.

If you get a chance go check out the Insurance Institute for Highway Safety in Ruckersville. I spent a lot of time in their lab, disassembling crashed vehicles and procuring vehicles for some of their tests. Most of the vehicles they crash are purchased new from dealer lots but a few are provided by insurance companies, like the Impalas for their 50th anniversary crash test. You can reserve a spot to watch a crash test and talk to the engineers after the test.

. I can count literally hundreds, if not thousands of townhome/condo/apts going up right now but no one except the incredibly wealthy are building single family homes.
Sad. Really sad. Owning a single family home, complete with a little patch of green grass that you mow every other weekend is part of the American dream. This is my turf, all mine, and I can enjoy my individual freedom here and you can't tell me what to do. If folks surrender that, to live in a giant 'group' house, a small part of you has gone Commie...

All these endless streets of row houses off I-66 and Rt 29 break my heart, as they represent thousands (tens of thousands, millions?) who have given up a part of the American dream.

Hell, I'm sure some of these developers would bulldoze the Henry House on the Manassas battlefield to throw up these Soviet-bloc homes on that sacred ground.

Sad. Really sad. Owning a single family home, complete with a little patch of green grass that you mow every other weekend is part of the American dream. This is my turf, all mine, and I can enjoy my individual freedom here and you can't tell me what to do. If folks surrender that, to live in a giant 'group' house, a small part of you has gone Commie...

All these endless streets of row houses off I-66 and Rt 29 break my heart, as they represent thousands (tens of thousands, millions?) who have given up a part of the American dream.

Hell, I'm sure some of these developers would bulldoze the Henry House on the Manassas battlefield to throw up these Soviet-bloc homes on that sacred ground.
The problem is the people moving into the row houses think they are realizing the American Dream because they are coming from shitbag apartments in the inner city. For them a row house is two steps up. It wouldn't be so bad if they didn't bring their fucked up politics with them. They leave a shit hole that is the result of liberal ruination, then bring their liberal ruination with them.

We need to contact the Virginia Senate to stop the following bad gun-bills that cleared the House:

HB1909 - School Boards can ban guns in their buildings and at meetings, as if they are an actual school - a felony if you inadvertently have a loaded gun even in the parking lot!

HB2081 - Prohibits carry within 40 feet of a polling place

HB2128 - Increases time, from 3 days to 5 days, that the State Police can take to do a background check before a gun can be sold

HB2276 - Makes 80% builds and other homemade guns illegal, with no grandfathering for existing owners

To take action, click here.

Reactions: RG0099
We need to contact the Virginia Senate to stop the following bad gun-bills that cleared the House:

HB1909 - School Boards can ban guns in their buildings and at meetings, as if they are an actual school - a felony if you inadvertently have a loaded gun even in the parking lot!

HB2081 - Prohibits carry within 40 feet of a polling place

HB2128 - Increases time, from 3 days to 5 days, that the State Police can take to do a background check before a gun can be sold

HB2276 - Makes 80% builds and other homemade guns illegal, with no grandfathering for existing owners

To take action, click here
Done

Thanks for posting

1. Gun bills that have passed the General Assembly and are headed to Governor's desk
2. Gun bills that are still alive in the House
3. Gun bills that are still alive in the Senate

1. Gun bills that have passed the General Assembly and are headed to Governor's desk

HB1992, Murphy, takes away a person's gun rights for a conviction of misdemeanor domestic violence. The bill was modified in committee to automatically restore the person's gun rights after 3 years and who the bill covers was narrowed to more closely match federal law. HOWEVER, it isn't clear from case law that it will restore those rights federally. VCDL Strongly Opposes this bill as written. VCDL could support the bill if 1) the definition of who is covered EXACTLY matches federal law and 2) the right to vote, the right to serve on a jury, the right to hold public office, and the right to be a notary public are also taken away and then automatically restored with the firearms rights. That would guarantee the removal of the federal prohibition, as opposed to maybe doing so.

HB2081, Levine, makes it illegal to possess a firearm within 40 feet of a polling place. VCDL Strongly Opposes this bill, which is a solution in search of a problem.

HB2128, Lopez, allows the state to take up to 5 days to do an "instant check," before a gun can be released to the purchaser. In 2020, there was not a single case in Virginia of someone who had waited the current maximum of 3 days, got their gun, and was later determined to be a prohibited person. Talk about solving a non-problem! The case that was referenced in needing this law was a mass-shooting by a person at a church in South Carolina. In that case, it didn't take the police 5 days to figure out he was prohibited, but 2 months! So if that had happened in Virginia, this bill would have made no difference at all. VCDL Strongly Opposes this bill.

HB2298, Farris, allows hunting with a new type of muzzleloader that uses a "FireStick", which allows the powder to put into the gun from the breach end in a safer manner than a conventional muzzleloader. VCDL Strongly Supports this safety measure.

HB2310, Runion, allows someone who took an online CHP training course before January 1, 2021 and tried to apply for their CHP before January 1, 2021, but couldn't get an appointment before January 1 due to COVID-19 restrictions, to have until before May 1 to reapply. The law becomes effective immediately upon the Governor signing the bill. VCDL Strongly Supports this bill.

2. Gun bills that are still alive in the House

SB1381, Ebbin, prohibits firearms in Capitol Square and in state government buildings. The Public Safety Firearms subcommittee put in and amendment that makes the wording the same as Delegate Levine's SB2295, which basically also prohibits guns on the streets and sidewalks that surround Capitol Square. The full committee voted on that amendment on Friday and rubber stamped the change. The bill is now on the House Floor. VCDL Strongly Opposes this bill, which is a solution in search of a problem.

To watch the video of the Public Safety committee discussing and passing out SB1381, including my comments on the discussion, click here. The lies and distortions aimed at VCDL by Delegates Patrick Hope, Mark Levine, Joshua Cole, and Candi Mundon King are enough to make your blood boil. Two Republican Delegates, Tommy Wright and Glenn Davis, stood up for VCDL and gun owners in their comments.

3. Gun bills that are still alive in the Senate

HB1909, Subramanyam, allows a school board to make their buildings and meeting rooms "gun-free" zones (good luck with that). The bill was changed in the House before it went to the Senate. The bill currently does not make a violation a felony, as it did originally. It doesn't specify a penalty, so it is a Class 1 misdemeanor by default. Like school property, guns left in vehicles must be unloaded (why do they insist on this inherently dangerous requirement that could trigger an unexpected discharge?), or the gun can be loaded if the gun owner has a CHP and remains in the vehicle. The bill was amended in the Senate Public Education subcommittee of the Education committee to only encompass school board administration buildings and the associated property, not just any property owned by the school board. The bill has passed the Senate, but because it doesn't match how it was passed in the House, the bill heads back to the House, where the House can reject the Senate version or accept it. VCDL Strongly Opposes this bill, which does nothing for "safety," but infringes yet again on gun owners.

HB2276, Simon, dealing with "plastic guns" was updated in committee. It now prohibits purchasing, selling, offering to sell, transferring, etc. an unserialized homemade gun. It allows those who already have such a gun to keep it, transport it, or carry it, but they cannot sell it, trade it, or give it away. The bill squeaked out of committee and may well have some trouble on the Senate Floor. Senator Chap Petersen made it clear that the bill needs work before he can support it on the Senate Floor. The bill is now on the Senate Floor. VCDL Strongly Opposes this bill, which is a solution in search of a problem.

HB2295, Levine, prohibits guns in Capitol Square and state government buildings. The bill was amended on the Senate Floor to narrow the prohibitions to match Senator Ebbin's SB1381. Thus the prohibition on carry on the streets surrounding Capitol Square were removed. The bill has passed the Senate, but because it doesn't match how it was passed in the House, the bill heads back to the House, where the House can reject the Senate version or accept it. VCDL Strongly Opposes this bill, which is a solution in search of a problem.

i emailed the entire virginia house and senate on the above issues, but surely it goes to deaf ears and blind eyes. there are a couple of staunch 2A supporters though that do get back to me and say they are vigorously against any gun control measures. unfortunately the clear minority though. about the only good thing is that the AWB didn't seem to get reinvigorated again this session.

i emailed the entire virginia house and senate on the above issues, but surely it goes to deaf ears and blind eyes. there are a couple of staunch 2A supporters though that do get back to me and say they are vigorously against any gun control measures. unfortunately the clear minority though. about the only good thing is that the AWB didn't seem to get reinvigorated again this session.
We MUST bring it back to red this coming year.
We need every last gun owner to vote.
Yes, I know about fake votes but we can beat them if we unite.

We MUST bring it back to red this coming year.
We need every last gun owner to vote.
Yes, I know about fake votes but we can beat them if we unite.
unfortunately i don't see it happening, though of course i wish it would. after the proposed va awb etc this time last year, if that didn't get everyone out and voting, not sure what will.

unfortunately i don't see it happening, though of course i wish it would. after the proposed va awb etc this time last year, if that didn't get everyone out and voting, not sure what will.
I feel that sometimes also, but Va will probably surprise many who think we are a purple state.
Our Va map is 99% red with a few highly concentrated blue speckles...
I'm holding hope that we will at least even things put some.

Virginia Citizens Defense League (VCDL)

EmailVCDLlogo.jpg

1. VCDL president extensively quoted in article on the Democrat socialism and gun control agenda
2. The March Richmond gun show postponed
3. LTE going after the Winchester City Council for passing local gun-control
4. Article: "Mike Bloomberg Is Not Going to Like What's Happening in Virginia"
5. Article on Roanoke City gun ban

1. VCDL president extensively quoted in article on the Democrat socialism and gun control agenda

https://www.theepochtimes.com/gun-rights-distinctly-american-advocates-warn-of-socialist-agenda_3735165.html

2. The March Richmond gun show postponed

The Showmasters Richmond gun show that was coming up this month has been postpone until April. No firm date has been set. Once it is, you will be advised.

3. LTE going after the Winchester City Council for passing local gun-control

http://winchesterstar.va.newsmemory.com/publink.php?shareid=19a78f783

4. Article: "Mike Bloomberg Is Not Going to Like What's Happening in Virginia"

https://townhall.com/tipsheet/mattvespa/2021/03/12/well-it-looks-like-virginia-dodged-a-bullet-on-gun-control-and-we-can-thankthe-democrats-n2586192

5. Article on Roanoke City gun ban

Article in the Roanoke Times on the CIty's new gun ban. The comments below the article continue to confirm what I have consistently said about gun-grabbers: with few exceptions, they are a hateful, intolerant bunch. They don't like guns because they know they would misuse a gun in one of their fits of rage. They falsely assume that you and I share their flawed, violent personalities.

https://roanoke.com/news/local/roanoke-bans-guns-on-city-property-will-end-gun-shows-at-berglund-center/article_79382980-85ff-11eb-9b60-57dca052f647.html

Reactions: Vamike9 and RG0099
As of March 22, 2021, there are 18 seats in the Virginia House of Delegates that have no one running against the Democrats in this upcoming election in 2021. I emailed the Virginia Republican Party about my specific district a week ago and have not received any response.

Not really that hard to figure out how we got here. We just let Democrats run, unopposed, and we don't make any effort to make them work for their elections. Just hand them the keys to their offices and roll on.

Simply amazing that after what Virginia has been through these last 2 years, that we can't understand that ALL seats should be up for grabs and we should fight to win those seats instead of surrendering them.

As of March 22, 2021, there are 18 seats in the Virginia House of Delegates that have no one running against the Democrats in this upcoming election in 2021. I emailed the Virginia Republican Party about my specific district a week ago and have not received any response.

Not really that hard to figure out how we got here. We just let Democrats run, unopposed, and we don't make any effort to make them work for their elections. Just hand them the keys to their offices and roll on.

Simply amazing that after what Virginia has been through these last 2 years, that we can't understand that ALL seats should be up for grabs and we should fight to win those seats instead of surrendering them.
You are right, we have to get the game plan together.

You are right, we have to get the game plan together.
I bet you a donut that most of those 18 running unopposed will still be running unopposed on election day. Yet the R's think I should give them my money to win elections. Not giving a single penny to them until I see zero seats running unopposed.

Get ready because it looks like Northam will try to go push forward an AWB in a special session this year.
Not sure how smart or possible this would be, however, it is something we will have to contend with.

Not to get off topic here but after seeing what the election fraud and fucked up voting machines did to both President Trump and the Ga senators and probably others, Mi, Nv, Az, there is not a doubt in my mind that this has been going on for awhile now. It makes sense how Va is where it is right now. The entire state is red with the exception of the shit infested cities. And of course the suburbs to the swamp. The Carolinas are turning and the entire west coast is gone. The left is definitely good at making the fraud look like the people’s vote is a slow turn away from conservative values to whatever the left is selling.

Not to get off topic here but after seeing what the election fraud and fucked up voting machines did to both President Trump and the Ga senators and probably others, Mi, Nv, Az, there is not a doubt in my mind that this has been going on for awhile now. It makes sense how Va is where it is right now. The entire state is red with the exception of the shit infested cities. And of course the suburbs to the swamp. The Carolinas are turning and the entire west coast is gone. The left is definitely good at making the fraud look like the people’s vote is a slow turn away from conservative values to whatever the left is selling.
Talk about shit infested cities, heres one of the infestations. This is what the mayor of Charlottesville said about our town.

1616635843318.png

She, or perhaps, it, is nothing but a shit stirring parasite.