• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Virtue signaling - lost in translation?

lariat

Two Star General
Minuteman
Feb 11, 2018
I think I might have missed the point of some of this virtue signaling and SJW stuff: drove by a church today and "Black Lives Matter" was posted on its sign. It suddenly hit me that it could mean one of two things:
1. We support the BLM movement.
2. We are afraid of you. Please don't break in and take our stuff. Leave us alone - we are not the enemy you are seeking.

So I spent a good while considering this. Obviously option 1 is what is out front. But how much of this virtue signaling by various entities (people, businesses, organizations), is just a way to pay what they think is the required fee to stay out of the crosshairs? In essence, a cheap and easy protection fee that no one has asked for but is paid to stay secure since everyone is doing it and it is a "thing" at the moment. However, its also like the logic they have is the same as the blood on the doorposts to guard against the angel of death - passover this one.

After this thought process it seems like a lot of this is based in fear: don't take my stuff, don't hurt me physically, don't hurt me financially, don't embarrass me, leave me alone. I don't remember many of these groups being behind the "hands up don't shoot" post events, or the man in Texas who was drug behind a pickup until his head came off. Where did this concern come from all of the sudden? It makes it seem very strained or actually being used for another purpose. And why are morals so quickly thrown on the altar of pseudo-peace?

I could be wrong, and I know there are true believers. But some of this I don't think is outrage. Opinions appreciated.

Reactions: Dragonscout25
sadly all to many companies and people are giving in to them out of fear at nearly 500 million raised that's a lot of money from people willing to support the blm's brand of terrorism not to mention the media that hides them in the cloak so their ugly side is not shown as much as it should be , while dimacratic politicians are still fighting to keep there people out of jail even after they burn American cities and businesses Id rather them know I dislike them than them think I would ever under any circumstances back anything them or any of the others that stand behind them but its a lot not of people only a few million across the whole country but not watching tv is my only other form of protest against them or typing online and yahoo and other media take down posts against them are taken down almost as fast as they go up .

Reactions: Dragonscout25
Just curious... where was this church located?

"New study links virtue signaling to "Dark Triad" traits. Being accused of "virtue signaling" might sound nice to the uninitiated, but spend much time on social media and you know that it's actually an accusation of insincerity. Virtue signalers are, essentially, phonies and showoffs—folks who adopt opinions and postures solely to garner praise and sympathy or whose good deeds are tainted by their need for everyone to see just how good they are. Combined with a culture that says only victimhood confers a right to comment on certain issues, it's a big factor in online pile-ons and one that certainly contributes to social media platforms being such a bummer sometimes."

https://reason.com/2020/07/07/narci...gage-in-virtuous-victim-signaling-says-study/

Well, for me the Bible says in the last days there will be the churches and teachers that only want to "tickle the ears". They preach what is convenient, not what is right. I hear some say everything is a shade of grey. Nope, my Bible is black and white. This is wrong, that is right. What we're seeing is a ton of wrong being said, done and preached, from boardrooms, media and pulpit. I try my hardest to live my life right by God's standard and know that I miss the mark every day. But to declare me something I am not says a lot more of you than me. The few that KNOW me, know what I stand for, have an inkling what I've done, understand me. My wife and daughter do and that's all that matters. I shiver at the thought of standing before the judgement bar of God on That Day. I have enough to answer for as a man, husband and father. I'll do what I can until then to help all I can. I help every Brother and Sister I can at the VA every day regardless of age, color, sex or any other alphabet soup group designation and have been told at times "you do too much". Until you put on a uniform shut the hell up and serve your nation. Go to the third world hell holes and really see what the rest of "humanity" is doing to itself. Then see Americans and vets specifically and well...I better step off...

Appeasement always backfires, and big time. Ask Neville Chamberlain. When it happens they throw up their hands, make impotent apology, and escape into the wings. Many have directly blamed him for the millions killed in the entirety of WWII (70-85, 000,000). The inner cities have become the new Sudetenlands of 2020.

New names, new locales; but this is a very old script playing out, with the Democratic Mayors and corporate White Guilt signalling executive boards in the role of the cowardly diplomats.

NOT THIS TIME!

A race war could kill as many or even several times those numbers of all races.

Nip the poison or sip it.

Greg

Last edited:
Reactions: Milo 2.5
The church didn’t promote itself as back or white. And while that is a valid question that I asked initially too the thing that hit me was that it was just another organization that decided it was time to be vocal in this direction- but for what gain?

The more I thought about this the darker it became because as Greg so deftly pointed out it isn’t new. How much of this thought process is correlated to ww2 Germany as the final solution began rolling down the tracks? Or a little more recent, like the politicians who were praising Sadam as he pulled them out of assembly to their execution and then the remaining assembly applauded him thinking “ thank Allah it isn’t me”. In both of those cases people saw that it was wrong but didn't want to get their asses handed to them so they went along with it.

There is something very unclean about what is happening in those minds. I can’t put my finger on it to give it a name or classification but I see it. Other than cowardice, I mean.

Last edited:
Bang on... lariat!

The Church today is stuck on full virtue signal mode.

Can't explain the cant. Just..., can't.

When they have their hooks in your soul...

The history, the stuff the politicos and higher education types loathe to teach these days (why show their hand...?), is both their roadmap, and their assurance that all things are possible to the informed.

Beat them at their own game; read up on the first half of the 20th, at very least (while you still can).

Last edited: