• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes Vortex PST Review

CSTactical

Sniper's Hide Vendor
Commercial Supporter
Minuteman
  • Nov 18, 2009
    Sacramento, CA
    www.cstactical.com
    I churned it out ASAP...

<object width="425" height="350"> <param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/RbV0aFYIWLs"></param> <param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param> <embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/RbV0aFYIWLs" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350"> </embed></object>

Thanks,

Mason @ CST

Re: Vortex PST Review

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: CSTactical</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I churned it out ASAP...

<object width="425" height="350"> <param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/RbV0aFYIWLs"></param> <param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param> <embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/RbV0aFYIWLs" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350"> </embed></object>

Thanks,

Mason @ CST </div></div>

Thanks for the video for your post #666.

Tell the camera operator to zoom in more on the knobs next time. He/she seemed to prefer the further away shots but I would have liked to have seen each of those knobs and controls up close to get a better sense of what you were explaining.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Jer</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Thanks for the video for your post #666.

Tell the camera operator to zoom in more on the knobs next time. He/she seemed to prefer the further away shots but I would have liked to have seen each of those knobs and controls up close to get a better sense of what you were explaining. </div></div>

Good feedback, I will remember for future vids...that's funny about the 666...

Mason @ CST

Thanks for the review and hope the people that get the first batch will post field results
    laugh.gif

Would REALLY like to see pics through the scope, outside, focused on something FAR away. Would also like to see a pic of everything that comes in the box. I was under the impression that it comes with a sunshade?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: bodywerks</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Would REALLY like to see pics through the scope, outside, focused on something FAR away. Would also like to see a pic of everything that comes in the box. I was under the impression that it comes with a sunshade? </div></div>

Good idea, will do...

Mike @ CST

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Niles Coyote</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Any one able to give a text review for those of us who can not view the video???</div></div>

Cliff's notes: Knobs are good, turn well. Nice positive clicks on all knobs. Seems sturdy to the touch.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: bodywerks</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Would REALLY like to see pics through the scope, outside, focused on something FAR away. Would also like to see a pic of everything that comes in the box. I was under the impression that it comes with a sunshade?</div></div>

That's more like something you're likely going to have to see in person to really appreciate. If it's foggy or cloudy you can say it's the photography. If it's clear as can be you can say it's the photography. Everyone's eyes are different and I think there's lots of things that you can tell from a specs list but some things you really just have to see to know how YOU feel about it.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: sobrbiker883</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Nice stuff Mike, good to see your hair's getting back to hippie normal
    grin.gif
    </div></div>

LOL...you can thank my wife for that, but she's not a tree-hugger nor am I.

Mike @ CST

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: CSTactical</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Your guys are welcome, let me know what you think of the scope...

Mike @ CST </div></div>

I think I want it!LOL
    Thanks for the preview.

nice review...I am really thinking about one of these soon. One thing that could be added for another video is the ease of setting the zero stop. I know it is on the Vortex site but I like to see guys that are new to the scope to do it. That way I know how easy it is going to be for me.

Does this new scope send shock ways to Leupold/Nightforce to lower their scope prices? This scope just seems to have a lot of goodies on it and is FFP.

Ok, It has passed the pretty test. Looking forward to results from field tests.

Thanks for the video!!

Surely someone has shot one of these by now over the weekend. I know if I had gotten a long awaited toy, I would be out the door by 1st light.

So yes, I think there are many here looking forward to some good honest field reports.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: BigJohnson</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Pretty sure I just got a chub from those pics!!! Can't wait to get mine Mike!

Mike </div></div>

LOL...

Where abouts do you shoot out there, some family members have some land out your way and invited me out there.

That "thru the scope pic" at 16x looked pretty blurry. The reticle looked in focus, but the target wasn't very sharp.
    I'm hoping this is just a case of the scope not being properly focused.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Semour Gunz</div><div class="ubbcode-body">That "thru the scope pic" at 16x looked pretty blurry. The reticle looked in focus, but the target wasn't very sharp.
    </div></div>

It is REALLY hard to take good "through the scope" pictures. The color, clarity, or sharpness always seem to not be represented well in the photo. When you get one right, you seem to have missed one of the others!

We mounted one of these up Saturday on an AR10 in a Nightforce mount. It was raining, so I can't tell you a lot about clarity, but it seemed pretty good. Overall I like it a lot, good features and good execution. We just shot it at 100 and 200, but so far it looks good. Hopefully this Saturday we'll run it out a little further at turtlesniper's place. I'm interested to see how the durability is.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: GIC</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Where abouts do you shoot out there, some family members have some land out your way and invited me out there. </div></div>

This is at SAC Valley Shooting Center.

Mike @ CST

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Oddball-Six</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Semour Gunz</div><div class="ubbcode-body">That "thru the scope pic" at 16x looked pretty blurry. The reticle looked in focus, but the target wasn't very sharp.
    </div></div>

It is REALLY hard to take good "through the scope" pictures. The color, clarity, or sharpness always seem to not be represented well in the photo. When you get one right, you seem to have missed one of the others! </div></div>

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: ReaperDriver</div><div class="ubbcode-body">What range (distance) were the pics taken? </div></div>

Yep it is hard to get good photo and the Parallax was at 50yds and the target was at 100yds.

Mike @ CST

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Red_SC</div><div class="ubbcode-body">We mounted one of these up Saturday on an AR10 in a Nightforce mount. It was raining, so I can't tell you a lot about clarity, but it seemed pretty good. Overall I like it a lot, good features and good execution. We just shot it at 100 and 200, but so far it looks good. Hopefully this Saturday we'll run it out a little further at turtlesniper's place. I'm interested to see how the durability is. </div></div>

I'm looking forward to see what you think about it.

Mike @ CST

Got the following email from Vortex:

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Vortex Optics</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Vortex Viper PST Riflescope Update: We are excited to announce that we are preparing to ship some of the long-awaited Viper PST riflescopes beginning the last week of December.

Although this first shipment will consist of mainly 1-4x24 models, small amounts of other configurations will be shipped out also. We expect the variety of available models to quickly ramp up over the next few weeks—and to have a steady stream throughout the new year.</div></div>

Thanks,

Mike @ CST

Great review as usual. Don't let anyone give you any shit about your hair! Looks like a good scope.

Sweet! Only a matter of time I guess! I just hope enough people canceled that my May order is up near the top! Thanks Mike and those at Vortex!!!

Mike

Are the 6-24 available yet and if so where? Last I heard was December but I got tired of waiting and bought another NF.

Great news. Hopefully won't be long to fulfill my early April order for the 6x24 from Liberty Optics.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: sniperaviator</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Great review as usual. Don't let anyone give you any shit about your hair! Looks like a good scope. </div></div> LOL...

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: DieTrying310</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Outstanding. I wanted to put one on an M1A in another month, glad to see they are starting to ship. </div></div> I’m really glad also.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: BigJohnson</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Sweet! Only a matter of time I guess! I just hope enough people canceled that my May order is up near the top! Thanks Mike and those at Vortex!!!

Mike </div></div> LOL…

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Shot In The Dark</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Are the 6-24 available yet and if so where? Last I heard was December but I got tired of waiting and bought another NF. </div></div> They are at Vortex. None of the Dealers have them in stock.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: KSKevin</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Great news. Hopefully won't be long to fulfill my early April order for the 6x24 from Liberty Optics. </div></div> Now don’t you wish you order from us... j/k
    whistle.gif

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: vman</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Great news. I have a friend whos bustin a nut for these things to come out! </div></div> I feel like my nuts are being busted.

There's been way too much nut busting about the PST delay! Hopefully, everybody will see the swelling go down
    laugh.gif

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Dave_</div><div class="ubbcode-body">There's been way too much nut busting about the PST delay! Hopefully, everybody will see the swelling go down
    laugh.gif
    </div></div>

LOL!

Mike @ CST

does it do have the issue that the reg viper does at the higher power it gets darker?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: duck62</div><div class="ubbcode-body">does it do have the issue that the reg viper does at the higher power it gets darker? </div></div>

I have looked through them and haven't see that. The regular Vipers are good for the money, but the PST's are definitely a step-up from the regular Vipers...apples and oranges.

<span style="color: #003300">Vortex Viper PST 4-16x50 MRAD</span> (Second Focal Plane) in-stock.

Thanks,

Mason @ CST