1479206864-donald-trump-wrong.gif

Reactions: Edgecrusher

Rancid Coolaid

Gunny Sergeant
    PX Member
    Minuteman
  • Aug 10, 2007
    Houston, TX.
    When you visit their website, it is the first image that comes up.

But at almost $3k, I'll pass.

Unless it is fantastic, in which case I'll buy 2; but they have much to prove before that happens.

Lmatt

Private
    PX Member
    Minuteman
    May 16, 2017
    Idaho
    Street price is said to be 2k. If it lives up to promises, it should be worth it. We’ll see.

For some reason my mind struggles with this. I have a few fairly high dollar scopes, but I always get sticker shock when I see the price of the 1x scopes. I guess I just need to get one so I can appreciate them.

Reactions: LiveToDrive

BytorJr

Major Hide Member
    PX Member
    Minuteman
    Nov 28, 2018
    That is one cringe worthy video. I'm sure the mall ninjas will love it though ???
    That video is awful. Really makes me want to wait until 2021 brings a more mature response by another optics company. (I’m not holding myself to that mind you).

Reactions: stilesg57

DL32

Private
    PX Member
    Minuteman
    Jan 23, 2013
    street price $1700?

yes, pre-ordered at just over 1700.

was about to buy a 1-8nsx but 10x and HD glass was a no brainer on buying the vortex for the same price. Also, In speaking with Vortex, they noted the eyebox and glass are better than the 1-6x gen II at 1-6x and still very forgiving between 7-10x. Yes, it’s 4oz heavier than the nsx but 21oz is pretty Damn good for a hardened 10x indexed/match HD battle scope.

Reactions: Jgunner and TACC

Tyler Kemp

Print Daddy
    Commercial Supporter
    PX Member
    Minuteman
    Aug 23, 2008
    MO
    mkmachining.com

was about to buy a 1-8nsx but 10x and HD glass was a no brainer on buying the vortex for the same price. Also, In speaking with Vortex, they noted the eyebox and glass are better than the 1-6x gen II at 1-6x and still very forgiving between 7-10x. Yes, it’s 4oz heavier than the nsx but 21oz is pretty Damn good for a hardened 10x indexed/match HD battle scope.

If you preordered for just over 1700 someone gonna get in trouble. That's WAY below MAP and I can't believe it's even worth a dealer's time....as a dealer....lol. Crazy how folks will work hard to make $25 on a 2k item.

soflastg

Private
    Minuteman
    Sep 24, 2018

where can you preorder for that price?

Moose

Sergeant
    PX Member
    Minuteman
  • Jul 3, 2005
    NJ
    If someone is offering this scope for $1,700 I would be a little cautious.Not saying it is not legit just be cautious.

nn8734

nn8734
    PX Member
    Minuteman
  • Feb 26, 2013
    Las Vegas, NV

Hopefully you paid with a credit card or Paypal if it goes belly up. Great score if it’s legit. Post your thoughts once you have it in hand...contemplating this for an SR25.

DL32

Private
    PX Member
    Minuteman
    Jan 23, 2013
    Hopefully you paid with a credit card or Paypal if it goes belly up. Great score if it’s legit. Post your thoughts once you have it in hand...contemplating this for an SR25.

I actually didn’t pay a penny. They charge in full when they ship, which is the way companies should work.
    I’ll be testing it on aSCAR 17 and an SR15.

Reactions: TACC and vigildom7

Ponyboy96

Private
    Minuteman
    Oct 14, 2019
    I’d like to know where also so I can also preorder for $1700. You can PM me if you don’t want it public.

Reactions: TACC

Mr. F

Gunny Sergeant
    PX Member
    Minuteman
    Dec 10, 2011
    Tag... not sure if the vortex flavor will best the NF on comps and short range steel stuff...time will tell.

TACC

Major Hide Member
    PX Member
    Minuteman
  • Jan 10, 2019
    Definitely interested to see how this works out

RTV

Rock the Vote
    PX Member
    Minuteman
    Nov 30, 2019
    When you visit their website, it is the first image that comes up.

But at almost $3k, I'll pass.

Unless it is fantastic, in which case I'll buy 2; but they have much to prove before that happens.
    I agreed that price tag while not crazy for what the scope is defenitly puts it into an entirely different level of price competition... the reticle and specs are almost identical to the nightforce ATACR 1-8x so it's going to be interesting to see how it actually performs DOF/Parralax/eyebox wise out in the field.

Reactions: TACC

CageFighter

Private
    PX Member
    Minuteman
    Aug 15, 2010
    North NJ
    im waiting to see what else SHOT is bringing to the table before I buy anything! -especially when demos will be available CHEAP!

Last edited:
    Reactions: stilesg57

Rob01

Super Mod
    Staff member
    PX Member
    Minuteman
    Jul 9, 2001
    NC
    Once again for everyone who is not wise on MSRP and worried about the price:

MSRP IS NOT STREET PRICE. THE SCOPE IS NOT $2899! THE RAZOR II 4.5-27 IS LISTED AT $2899 ALSO AND DO YOU SEE THEM SELLING FOR THAT? NOOOOOOOO. RELAX AND WAIT FOR THE STREET PRICES TO START COMING OUT.

wapiti16b

Sergeant
    PX Member
    Minuteman
    Mar 16, 2014
    New Mexico
    RobO1 do you have any information about the GEN III line of scopes?, magnification ranges and weights!
    I like my GEN II 3x18 but would like a 30 oz. version or lighter if possible.
    Thanks!

Rob01

Super Mod
    Staff member
    PX Member
    Minuteman
    Jul 9, 2001
    NC
    RobO1 do you have any information about the GEN III line of scopes?, magnification ranges and weights!
    I like my GEN II 3x18 but would like a 30 oz. version or lighter if possible.
    Thanks!

The 1-10x is the only one in the Gen III line at this time so you have all the info on it. Will be exciting to see if anything else comes in the future.

bigwatchpilot

Captain
    PX Member
    Minuteman
    Mar 16, 2012
    Memphis, TN
    I know the video is to showcase the reticle...but it does a terrible job of showing distortion outside the center, hopefully its just the video/camera.

Tyler Kemp

Print Daddy
    Commercial Supporter
    PX Member
    Minuteman
    Aug 23, 2008
    MO
    mkmachining.com
    Alrighty, you guys want an excellent preorder deal?

Get my billet rail mount level for free, AND a Warne Skyline Mount or Seekins Rings 99% off.

25% down, the rest when they come in. I don't want all your money now, but I don't wanna order a bunch and have folks back out.

wade2big

Knowing just enough to be dangerous
    PX Member
    Minuteman
    Sep 16, 2017
    TEXAS
    Hopefully the reticle isn’t massive and thick at 10x like a lot of lpvo ffp scopes
    The reticle should be thick. If the reticle is taylored to the high end, it will suffer in the role this scope is needed most which is not 1000 yard F class target shooting. Tactical shooters arent disecting grid paper with fine recitcles. They need to see the reticle no matter what to make hits. I guess we will wait and see as we are all guessing. ??‍♂️