Rifle Scopes  Vortex Razor HD Gen III 1-10x

flm3

Private
Minuteman
Nov 18, 2019
Below is a link to a comparative video review of "premium" LPVOs (Gen 3 Razor vs. Nightforce ATACR vs. Kahles vs. Swarovski). Lots of time looking through the scopes, direct comparisons of various features, etc. Probably the best review I've been able to find....pending Ilya's (!).

If anybody knows where the Gen 3 Razor is in stock, lemme know.

vigildom7

Supporter
Supporter
PX Member
PX Member
Minuteman
May 15, 2018
Albuquerque, New Mexico
Below is a link to a comparative video review of "premium" LPVOs (Gen 3 Razor vs. Nightforce ATACR vs. Kahles vs. Swarovski). Lots of time looking through the scopes, direct comparisons of various features, etc. Probably the best review I've been able to find....pending Ilya's (!).

I think everywhere is just about sold out. You can backorder one on liberty optics. Scott is quoting 90days.

Sericus

Private
PX Member
Minuteman
May 7, 2017
Charlotte, NC

Thats a great video! Here's another I thought was helpful that focuses solely on the Vortex.

yakmastermax

Private
Minuteman
May 5, 2019
Albuquerque NM
How are the turrets on these? What do you guys think of using one of these 100% with the elevation turret exposed? Are there any aftermarket solutions to get exposed turrets on these optics?

Last edited:

Wiscat

Private
PX Member
Minuteman
Feb 15, 2017
I got mine yesterday. Mounted it up and ran 100rds from 25, 50, 100-550. I’ve handled one before in a shop; you really need to do some shooting with it to truly appreciate it. Couple of things I really like:

-The center that is large but transparent. This is the best LPVO I’ve used for shooting groups. This seems obvious with the 10x but being able to see a half inch square underneath of the dot helps.

-On 1x with the illumination activated it has much more of an Aimpoint feel then my GEN 2. The field of view seems the same but the reticle disappears behind the dot. It’s also super bright. Appearing even more so than the GEN2. It is a blue bird bright sunny day today and I had it on setting 6.

- The MOA BDC maintains all of the speed of the JM1 but offers much more information. Having sections of the reticle with wind holds and MOA marks was helpful for sighting in and shooting at distance. Even out to 550 yards I never felt like I was holding off a reference point.

Reactions: vigildom7 and erwos

Snapper314

Private
Minuteman
Apr 8, 2020
How are the turrets on these? What do you guys think of using one of these 100% with the elevation turret exposed? Are there any aftermarket solutions to get exposed turrets on these optics?

The reticles on this scope are designed to remove the need to dial for elevation or windage for the most part.

phlegethon

Supporter
Supporter
PX Member
PX Member
Minuteman
  • Nov 4, 2018
    Has anyone heard anything about when these will start shipping in quantity?

inertia

Private
    Minuteman
    Feb 26, 2019
    They are pretty widely available at this point. You should have no more trouble finding one than any other lpvo marketed for tactical use. Meaning you may have to look but they are around.

phlegethon

Supporter
    Supporter
    PX Member
    PX Member
    Minuteman
  • Nov 4, 2018
    They are pretty widely available at this point. You should have no more trouble finding one than any other lpvo marketed for tactical use. Meaning you may have to look but they are around.
    Unfortunately I placed a preorder in January and didn’t realize it was a nonrefundable deposit. Haven’t heard anything about shipping.

edit: looking around I see none in stock anywhere, none even on eBay. I’d say this scope is still very much vaporware if you aren’t a reviewer or influencer.

Last edited:

TheOE800

Private
    PX Member
    Minuteman
  • Feb 14, 2017
    DC Area, MD

Happiness Is A Warm Gun

Sergeant of the Hide
    PX Member
    Minuteman
    Oct 2, 2019
    Western NC
    I got tired of waiting until my computer is repaired to recover the video I was editing, so I talked about the Razor Gen3 and S&B Dual CC in a YT Livecast. Firt half hour or so is the discussion of the scope, the rest is Q&A on a bunch of stuff.

ILya

Great video! It seems the vortex gen 3 is the best bet for a lpvo outside of the Schmidt and bender. Even if I had s&b money, I would be concerned about being totally dependent on battery power for the 1x setting and might still just pick up two gen 3 vortex optics for the same price.

Last edited:

Desert Ranger Tycho

Sergeant of the Hide
    PX Member
    Minuteman
    May 23, 2020
    They are definitely not widely available at this point, I have 50 on backorder still. I've gotten 10 since I ordered 60 in January.
    I just ordered mine last week from a vendor on TacSwap. Arrived today in a box from Euro optic. hit me up for deets if interested.