• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes Vortex Razor HD Gen III 1-10x

Below is a link to a comparative video review of "premium" LPVOs (Gen 3 Razor vs. Nightforce ATACR vs. Kahles vs. Swarovski). Lots of time looking through the scopes, direct comparisons of various features, etc. Probably the best review I've been able to find....pending Ilya's (!).

If anybody knows where the Gen 3 Razor is in stock, lemme know.

Thats a great video! Here's another I thought was helpful that focuses solely on the Vortex.

How are the turrets on these? What do you guys think of using one of these 100% with the elevation turret exposed? Are there any aftermarket solutions to get exposed turrets on these optics?

Last edited:
Reactions: Hegre
I got mine yesterday. Mounted it up and ran 100rds from 25, 50, 100-550. I’ve handled one before in a shop; you really need to do some shooting with it to truly appreciate it. Couple of things I really like:

-The center that is large but transparent. This is the best LPVO I’ve used for shooting groups. This seems obvious with the 10x but being able to see a half inch square underneath of the dot helps.

-On 1x with the illumination activated it has much more of an Aimpoint feel then my GEN 2. The field of view seems the same but the reticle disappears behind the dot. It’s also super bright. Appearing even more so than the GEN2. It is a blue bird bright sunny day today and I had it on setting 6.

- The MOA BDC maintains all of the speed of the JM1 but offers much more information. Having sections of the reticle with wind holds and MOA marks was helpful for sighting in and shooting at distance. Even out to 550 yards I never felt like I was holding off a reference point.

How are the turrets on these? What do you guys think of using one of these 100% with the elevation turret exposed? Are there any aftermarket solutions to get exposed turrets on these optics?

The reticles on this scope are designed to remove the need to dial for elevation or windage for the most part.

Has anyone heard anything about when these will start shipping in quantity?

They are pretty widely available at this point. You should have no more trouble finding one than any other lpvo marketed for tactical use. Meaning you may have to look but they are around.

They are pretty widely available at this point. You should have no more trouble finding one than any other lpvo marketed for tactical use. Meaning you may have to look but they are around.
Unfortunately I placed a preorder in January and didn’t realize it was a nonrefundable deposit. Haven’t heard anything about shipping.

edit: looking around I see none in stock anywhere, none even on eBay. I’d say this scope is still very much vaporware if you aren’t a reviewer or influencer.

Last edited:
I got tired of waiting until my computer is repaired to recover the video I was editing, so I talked about the Razor Gen3 and S&B Dual CC in a YT Livecast. Firt half hour or so is the discussion of the scope, the rest is Q&A on a bunch of stuff.

ILya

Great video! It seems the vortex gen 3 is the best bet for a lpvo outside of the Schmidt and bender. Even if I had s&b money, I would be concerned about being totally dependent on battery power for the 1x setting and might still just pick up two gen 3 vortex optics for the same price.

Last edited:
Ilya, many thanks for the review! Sorry to hear about the laptop.

As a S&B disciple, the Gen3 1-10 (MRAD) is my first-ever Vortex. I have to say, it is one hell of an optic. It now resides atop one of my SR-25’s full time in a Scalarworks LEAP/07.

No higher praise I could give:

77D76C2F-34E2-4B54-8CB2-4279224B2F98.jpeg

why the 1-10 with the Utc. Isn’t it not full screen till 3-4x?

‘Cuz I’m cray-cray, bro. Hortas ain’t got no sense!

Actually, I was just playing around with it. 10x is perfect for the UTC. You can go to 15x, but you begin to see the screen dots after 10x, so it’s diminishing returns beyond 10-12x.

They are definitely not widely available at this point, I have 50 on backorder still. I've gotten 10 since I ordered 60 in January.
I just ordered mine last week from a vendor on TacSwap. Arrived today in a box from Euro optic. hit me up for deets if interested.

Would a 20MOA mount be suitable for the 1-10x?

I want to get a Badger COMM but the only ones available are those with a 20MOA cant.

16" AR-10 in 7.62x51 if it makes a difference.

I want to get a Badger COMM but the only ones available are those with a 20MOA cant.

Just do the math on the elevation adjustment you need at whatever distances you shoot and make sure you won’t run out of adjustment on the scope, either up or down. That’ll be a skill that’ll help you in the future when making mount choices. That said, 20MOA sounds like it will be just fine on your setup with that scope. Also remember that there are many scopes out there that have poorer image quality at the extremes of adjustment, so it’s best to avoid those.

Reactions: Beardsli

I had this same question, in one of Koshkins video posts, he mentions that most newer LPVO designs would be able to handle that amount of adjustment without any adverse effects to the image quality.
I went with this mount for my G3.

Yes you will be fine with a 20 moa mount.

The scope has 120 MOA of total vertical travel. I'd say you're more than safe with a 20 MOA mount.

Assuming the zero puts you at the midpoint of the scope's travel, 60 (half of 120) plus the 20 MOA mount would allow you to dial 80 MOA, or approximately 23 mils.

Just do the math on the elevation adjustment you need at whatever distances you shoot and make sure you won’t run out of adjustment on the scope, either up or down. That’ll be a skill that’ll help you in the future when making mount choices. That said, 20MOA sounds like it will be just fine on your setup with that scope. Also remember that there are many scopes out there that have poorer image quality at the extremes of adjustment, so it’s best to avoid those.

It looks like the R3 has a total of 120 MOA which I assume means 60 up and 60 down.

I was wondering if it'd be an issue at closer ranges since I'd like to use it from 50-800yds but I can't think of a reason why. It just felt wrong to use a 20 for an LPVO :unsure:

Edit: Also I've just realized the last post before I posted was from 2020. I thought I was bumping a thread from Aug 17 of this year.

Reactions: ormandj
It looks like the R3 has a total of 120 MOA which I assume means 60 up and 60 down.

I was wondering if it'd be an issue at closer ranges since I'd like to use it from 50-800yds but I can't think of a reason why. It just felt wrong to use a 20 for an LPVO :unsure:

Edit: Also I've just realized the last post before I posted was from 2020. I thought I was bumping a thread from Aug 17 of this year.
If being dialed 20 MOA away from the scope's mechanical zero caused optical issues, then that would mean that 80 of the scope's 120 MOA (or 2/3 of the travel) would be unusable.

I don't know how close to the limit of a scope's travel you'd have to get before optical issues would arise, but I think 20 MOA from centerline is extremely safe.

I see no downside to a 20 MOA mount, but do see an upside in the rare event that you shoot beyond 1000 yds.

Good call. My 1-10x24 sits in a 20MOA Aadmount, mostly because that is what I had on hand. For the way I use the scope 0 MOA or 20 MOA makes no difference, but I tend to stick with 20MOA since it does not harm anything and if I ever want to use the mount with a scope I dial in the future it will come in handy.

ILya

The fact that the 1-10x has 120 MOA of vertical travel is pretty crazy. That's as much or more than most of the best high magnification long distance scopes being used.

The reticles on this scope are designed to remove the need to dial for elevation or windage for the most part.
Sometimes one holds, sometimes one dials.
I am also curious if this turret can be used entirely exposed in heavy rain and some abuse or if a lockable exposed turret is in the works.

Here is an excellent video showing what the Vortex Razor G3 1-10x can do at longer ranges: