• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Vudoo Gun Works V-22 Rimfire Bolt Action

For those of you that have purchased a vudoo with a proof barrel, is it configuration living up to your expectations? I’ve been bouncing back in forth between a proof barrel or a heavy fluted ace barrel to drop into my A-3 (edge fill) when it arrives the first part of the year. I’m looking more for a high end trainer that matches my hunting setups and something that I can shoot in an occasional match as my schedule allows.

This may be of interest to many here:

Sour grapes is right. MHSA had some when I called the other day. Altus may or may not be out. VGW may have some lefties in stock from what I sounded like when I called them earlier today.

Hmm, interesting....i put my order in for an 20" MTU LH and it was 14 weeks out...

They may not have had that barreled action in stock. Couldn’t tell ya man lol

It's alright, the wait time will give me opportunity to make room in the safe.... plenty of things to let go of...

Reactions: Krob95
Thanks for doing this looking forward to reading it.

How do you decide to dial or holdover in competitions. Is it different in a NRL22 match vs a PRS Centerfire match?

No difference, it's usually a time consideration.
Dailing is the preference, holding is quicker.
You can also dial the difference in between if known distances for easy hold #s...

Reactions: MLS2GO
Thanks for doing this looking forward to reading it.

How do you decide to dial or holdover in competitions. Is it different in a NRL22 match vs a PRS Centerfire match?

That's my achieles heel. I started off with NRL22 and PRS just using hold overs, no dialing - it was going great.
I then started to practice dialing and it seems i get sloppy and flustered by navigating the elevation and parallax turrets sometimes. So need to work one that but I feel it's more precise.

One thing I haven't tried is when you know the COF distances, dial in first distance and hold over other targets.

That's my achieles heel. I started off with NRL22 and PRS just using hold overs, no dialing - it was going great.
I then started to practice dialing and it seems i get sloppy and flustered by navigating the elevation and parallax turrets sometimes. So need to work one that but I feel it's more precise.

One thing I haven't tried is when you know the COF distances, dial in first distance and hold over other targets.
I have tried dialing first distance or sometimes middle and holding but I’m still new to this so interested to see what an expert says.

I have tried dialing first distance or sometimes middle and holding but I’m still new to this so interested to see what an expert says.

From solely my experience, pick what you're comfortable with and Practice and Practice more of that...over and over again. That's my plan..

Holding vs dialing it comes down to time vs precision.

If being off by a tenth is not a big deal, which a lot of times nrl22 the target sizes are usually 4-5 tenths big it is pretty easy to hold over. So not having to dial gives you a bit more time to do your transition and stabilize.

If the stage is multiple targets 12 rounds and 90s which I've had in nrl22x I almost always hold. I watch people time out a lot dialing.

For the standard nrl22 10 shots 120s you can dial everything and have plenty of time left.

General rule of thumb for deciding on dial vs hold

Always dial unless:

A: cof mandates holdover
B: time doesn’t allow for it

B is 90% based on the individual shooter. It’s a total sum of the time given + targets/shots + shooter efficiency (how fast they can build positions and how efficient they are at dialing). The other 10% is when the cof doesn’t allow even the most efficient enough time.

General rule of thumb for deciding on dial vs hold

Always dial unless:

A: cof mandates holdover
B: time doesn’t allow for it

B is 90% based on the individual shooter. It’s a total sum of the time given + targets/shots + shooter efficiency (how fast they can build positions and how efficient they are at dialing). The other 10% is when the cof doesn’t allow even the most efficient enough time.

Thanks for the reply that makes perfect sense. It is a balance for me at my current skill set that I am still working on.

I’ve been looking to move from my T1x to a Vudoo for some time. Seems I’m always late to the for sale ads here as well as Altus and other vendors. My plan was a 20” but see Mile High has a 16.5”. I’m seriously considering going with that. Purpose of the rifle is a trainer to my centerfire rifle and to compete in a few NRL matches. Any down side to the 16.5”? I figure balance would be one but plan to weight the forend.

If anyone has a pic of a 16.5 in a manners stock, could you post it? I am somewhat concerned with aesthetics as well. Thx

Last edited:
Manners TCS is too back heavy, even with all the weights up front on the arca rail. You would need to get a 20" MTU to be able to get it to work perfect.

Here's my 18" Kukri with my bipod on it to get it to balance in front of the mag well. Running all 7 weights in their rail.

1608585416135.png

1608585375170.png

I’ve been looking to move from my T1x to a Vudoo for some time. Seems I’m always late to the for sale ads here as well as Altus and other vendors. My plan was a 20” but see Mile High has a 16.5”. I’m seriously considering going with that. Purpose of the rifle is a trainer to my center fire rifle and to compete in a few NRL matches. Any down side to the 16.5”? I figure balance would be one but plan to weight the forend.

If anyone has a pic of a 16.5 in a manners stock, could you post it? I am somewhat concerned with aesthetics as well. Thx
Altus is getting a shipment of voodoo barreled actions around Jan.15. I just snagged the last 22 inch mtu that is coming in but they may have some 20 inch not yet spoken for

Very nice rifle @littlepod Appreciate you sharing! That definitely helps. So PRS1 would probably be best. 18” looks to be the smallest that still maintains good aesthetics. Decisions..... decisions.....

Altus is getting a shipment of voodoo barreled actions around Jan.15. I just snagged the last 22 inch mtu that is coming in but they may have some 20 inch not yet spoken for

Thanks. Yea I called them earlier and they were out. They had a 18” I was going to grab over the weekend but someone bought it in person.

So they pre sold it to you? Didn’t offer me that option.

Very nice rifle @littlepod Appreciate you sharing! That definitely helps. So PRS1 would probably be best. 18” looks to be the smallest that still maintains good aesthetics. Decisions..... decisions.....
not sure a PRS1 would be any better

I have a rimx with a 20" heavy varmint in a McMillan Z1 and even it is slightly rear heavy with the 14" A419 rail with all weights

bipod balances it though

Reactions: unoigo
Thanks. Yea I called them earlier and they were out. They had a 18” I was going to grab over the weekend but someone bought it in person.

So they pre sold it to you? Didn’t offer me that option.
Yes I preordered and paid for it this morning.

If you do a PRS1, have Manners do a custom *steel* weighted arca rail. It'll balance it out. The default one is aluminum with brass weights, but Manners can do a custom steel one. I still think a 20-22" MTU is the way to go. Barrels all cost the same, save money on weights.

If you do a PRS1, have Manners do a custom *steel* weighted arca rail. It'll balance it out. The default one is aluminum with brass weights, but Manners can do a custom steel one. I still think a 20-22" MTU is the way to go. Barrels all cost the same, save money on weights.
patiently waiting for A419 to do the steel version of their weighted arca or even just a steel regular arcalok

Reactions: Newbie2020
Manners TCS is too back heavy, even with all the weights up front on the arca rail. You would need to get a 20" MTU to be able to get it to work perfect.
Running all 7 weights in their rail.
That's good to hear because that is the stock I want and have a 20" MTU on the way (March).
Did all 7 weights come with the TCS or did you have to get separate?

Well I’ve found a new 20” MTU barreled action. However, it’s cerakoted in FDE. Haven’t found many of pics of the VGWs FDE online, the board here or social media. I’m a Manners guy and not really sure how it would look with Manners color options.

Last edited:
Well I’ve found a new 20” MTU barreled action. However, it’s cerakoted in FDE. Haven’t found many of pics of the VGWs FDE online, the board here or social media. I’m a Manners guys and not really sure how it would look with Manners color options.
it'll look just fine like pretty much all cerekote rifles

Well I’ve found a new 20” MTU barreled action. However, it’s cerakoted in FDE. Haven’t found many of pics of the VGWs FDE online, the board here or social media. I’m a Manners guys and not really sure how it would look with Manners color options.

Personally I would just take it and have it cerakote later on if the BA/stock don't go well together... anything to get me out and shooting....

Some parts are a little off with a crappy camera phone/ but it’s no where near like the 9 shades of FDE with a Q honey badger

Started my background check yesterday for my new vudoo. That 20” MTU barrel is stout lol should have it early next week.

Finally took my two new Vudoos (righty and lefty) to sight in the Athlon Cronuses I put on them. It is so unbelievable to literally see the bullets go exactly right where you are aiming through the same hole as the shot before over and over.

Started my background check yesterday for my new vudoo. That 20” MTU barrel is stout lol should have it early next week.

Yes, I was surprised when I picked up mine
Finally took my two new Vudoos (righty and lefty) to sight in the Athlon Cronuses I put on them. It is so unbelievable to literally see the bullets go exactly right where you are aiming through the same hole as the shot before over and over.

Truth!

By march I'll be sliding my RH Vudoo to my wife and I'll be running the LH one....can't wait...

The 20" MTU might be bit heavy for her, but she'll manager...

Reactions: Krob95
Well I’ve found a new 20” MTU barreled action. However, it’s cerakoted in FDE. Haven’t found many of pics of the VGWs FDE online, the board here or social media. I’m a Manners guy and not really sure how it would look with Manners color options.

Ha! Been bugging Mile High Shooting all week. They kept telling me they only had a 16.5”. Not sure what happened but spoke with Connor today, he put me on hold and checked inventory. I now have a 20” kukri on the way! My Christmas has been made! :)

I’ll give up my other source. @S.Kay at K&M has a 20” MTU cerakoted In FDE in their pro shop.

Good morning and Merry Xmas! I hope all is well in your hood, and hopefully you get some trigger time in this holiday season!

After selling some watches and other crap laying around my house on ebay, I've decided what better investment to return my funds other than a vudoo? I think I'm going to call them up when they return from the Holiday to get the ball rolling, since it looks like it's going to be 3-4 months.

I have a few questions I'm hoping maybe some of you can answer. I currently have a RimX in a XLR chassis. Im thinking of going Foundation Gensis on the vudoo. I'd like to swap the BA's back and forth if I want, but the Vudoo appears to have a straight pull on the bolt, where the RimX is swept back a bit. Will I have to have special in letting done on the Foundation? Can someone who owns one chime in?

My RimX build has a 24" M24 Bartlien. Would a 20" MTU be comparable weight wise? Would they do a 22" MTU?

Last but not least, I'm wondering if anyone has done a bronze/copper BA on a dark distressed Genesis. If so, could I see a pic? All I could find online was black and stainless in those stocks.

Thanks for any and all input!

Foundation has and inlet for the Vudoo and the bottom metal

Love the old AICS 2.0! Wish I could find an original un-modified LH thumbhole. Merry Christmas indeed!

Good morning and Merry Xmas! I hope all is well in your hood, and hopefully you get some trigger time in this holiday season!

After selling some watches and other crap laying around my house on ebay, I've decided what better investment to return my funds other than a vudoo? I think I'm going to call them up when they return from the Holiday to get the ball rolling, since it looks like it's going to be 3-4 months.

I have a few questions I'm hoping maybe some of you can answer. I currently have a RimX in a XLR chassis. Im thinking of going Foundation Gensis on the vudoo. I'd like to swap the BA's back and forth if I want, but the Vudoo appears to have a straight pull on the bolt, where the RimX is swept back a bit. Will I have to have special in letting done on the Foundation? Can someone who owns one chime in?

My RimX build has a 24" M24 Bartlien. Would a 20" MTU be comparable weight wise? Would they do a 22" MTU?

Last but not least, I'm wondering if anyone has done a bronze/copper BA on a dark distressed Genesis. If so, could I see a pic? All I could find online was black and stainless in those stocks.

Thanks for any and all input!

I have a Vudoo in a Genesis that has a 700 inlet. The bolt will hit the stock, slightly, right at the end of the close. It’s not enough to prevent it from firing, but it will mark the stock.

I have a Vudoo in a Genesis that has a 700 inlet. The bolt will hit the stock, slightly, right at the end of the close. It’s not enough to prevent it from firing, but it will mark the stock.
I know that Foundation inlets for Vudoo and RimX... I'm just wondering if I can get a happy medium or if I'm stuck inletting it for one or the other