• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Vudoo Gun Works V-22 Rimfire Bolt Action

View attachment 7534906

This is what they sent me. Not what I was expecting. I ordered “sniper green” which is a color that MPA offers. I didn’t realize vudoo paints the mpa chassis themselves so when I ordered a color they don’t offer they sent me one of their shades of green. I’m not sure if this is vudoo green or their OD green.
I like it. What length barrel?

View attachment 7534844

Definitely not a chassis/stock fit problem. You can see the tip of the round is blocked by the magazine due to the angle of the round.

It looks like a loading issue. I have a tendency to put the last round in like the one on the right side if I'm not paying attention. Not sure why that last round likes to do that sometimes.

Fantastic looking rifle, prefer the color they send you. Also like the look of the non-threaded barrel.
View attachment 7534906

This is what they sent me. Not what I was expecting. I ordered “sniper green” which is a color that MPA offers. I didn’t realize vudoo paints the mpa chassis themselves so when I ordered a color they don’t offer they sent me one of their shades of green. I’m not sure if this is vudoo green or their OD green.

Reactions: ccollier and STex
Are there two types of magazines floating around? I have one with black follower that take extreme force to fit in a manners mini chassis. I have one with a red follower that fits perfectly and will drop freely. Neither have feeding issues.

So that's 20" MTU plus weight kit. Exactly what I'm looking for from a balance perspective. Has anyone achieved that level of balance with a Kukri and a weight kit? I have the A419 ARCA rail and I believe they make a weighted version. Maybe I'll try that first. I will experiment with some weights first before I do it to see what may be possible.

Don’t have a pic handy but run a “20 kukri BA on Manners TCS. All weights in ARCA rail and rear weight removed. With Atlas bipod up front it just barely balances. 20” MTU is the way to go IMO.

Reactions: littlepod
Don’t have a pic handy but run a “20 kukri BA on Manners TCS. All weights in ARCA rail and rear weight removed. With Atlas bipod up front it just barely balances. 20” MTU is the way to go IMO.

Did the exact same thing...

This is lite 28oz scope too and a heavyish mdt ckye pod. All 7 weights in the arca rail and no magazine/bolt in the picture. You want a 20-22" MTU to really get this thing to balance. Get the steel arca rail as well from Manners..

1611421908747.png

Reactions: unoigo
Anyone have a pic of anything cerakoted “vudoo green”? Just got my vudoo and I’m not sure what color it is but I’m not loving it. Not sure if it’s worth emailing them about or not. I’d like to see what shade they sent me and what the other shade is first (they offer 2 shades of green but don’t have any example pics in the website)
I just asked last week about vudoo green and this is what they sent me.

Greg's New V22 (003).jpg

I just asked last week about vudoo green and this is what they sent me.

View attachment 7535438
That’s possibly the only thing in existence that’s vudoo green. When I google “vudoo green cerakote” this picture pops up. I never clicked on the thumbnail as I figured it was probably something in the text that suggested that pic but now that I look at it I see the barrel is green(ish). Thanks for posting.

Reactions: RandomWAguy
I like the color. From the pic it looks like a mix of ranger green and mas grey. Good looking build whomever it belongs to.

Pretty sure that's Greg Roman's rifle. Barrel fluting and "voodoo green" cerakote he mentions in a nice YouTune video on what he opted to do on the build is a giveaway.

Reactions: RandomWAguy
Anyone have a pic of anything cerakoted “vudoo green”? Just got my vudoo and I’m not sure what color it is but I’m not loving it. Not sure if it’s worth emailing them about or not. I’d like to see what shade they sent me and what the other shade is first (they offer 2 shades of green but don’t have any example pics in the website)
E051CB72-9277-4CC8-B3B5-2624F5891EAE.jpeg
Barrel is Vudoo green. Hope it helps

If you don't mind me asking, were did you get the cheek riser pad ? I have been looking for somthing for my Ridgeback. Thanks !

That’s possibly the only thing in existence that’s vudoo green. When I google “vudoo green cerakote” this picture pops up. I never clicked on the thumbnail as I figured it was probably something in the text that suggested that pic but now that I look at it I see the barrel is green(ish). Thanks for posting.
Four years ago, after we first stood the shop up, Vudoo Green was born from a Cerakote accident. I don't recall the exact details because I wasn't there when it happened, but I believe it was the product of improper mix and either temperature or cure time (maybe both), and the result was actually pretty cool. We liked it a lot and so have many others, so the "accident" was turned into a recipe.

MB

Are there two types of magazines floating around? I have one with black follower that take extreme force to fit in a manners mini chassis. I have one with a red follower that fits perfectly and will drop freely. Neither have feeding issues.

@RAVAGE88

Any feedback on the magazines? Thanks.

@RAVAGE88

The two types are Polymer (Glass Filled Nylon) and Aluminum. The followers do not denote a different type, we just added a colorant to the material used to mold followers. I did make a change to the molding and welding processes for the housings to deal with fitment variation across so many different DBMs and chassis systems, but there's only one type of Polymer magazine.

MB

@RAVAGE88

I have a handful of the first gen poly mags with black follower. They have a wide front shoulder width dimension, to where they sometimes don't fit magwells or are tight.
But i like that, as they fit very well in my older Castle-cut MPAs, and most drop free but some drag a bit and I've marked them accordingly, but they don't move and that aids feeding by eliminating the slop.
I don't yet have any new gen poly mags and I keep checking to see if the aluminum 15rd will be available again so I can't compare dimensions.
But if you have the original wide ones, you can always sand down the shoulders a bit too. I'd rather have a tight fit than a sloppy fit YMMV.
I can't sing the praise enough of these AICS sized rimfire mags, they're perfect, agreed ^^^ MB is our Heisenberg... :cool:

Edited to add: Just snagged a 15rd off the website, only 5 left! Crystal Blue Persuasion indeed.

Last edited:
Reactions: unoigo
Not sure why everyone is going with ARCA past the forend. Putting your bipod out beyond the stock only leads to trouble. No arca rail is very strong without support and it usually manifests itself in groups opening up downrange.
The J Allen ones are extremely rigid. Pushing the pivot point further out has its merits.
Not bedding solely because of chassis is some weird theory someone came up with and people have propagated.

The logic is only sound if the chassis is cut specifically to that brand/model (foundation for example is milled for specific actions). If it’s just a “700 pattern” then it’s now a game of maybes. Not all actions that are a 700 foot print are machines the same. For example, round vs gusseted actions.

.22’s will be less susceptible to needing bedding in general due to the reduced recoil.

I personally test my rifles. I torque everything down and then whack it around with a dead blow hammer. If the zero moves, I’ll toss another optic on and re-torque. Hammer on it again. If the zero moves again, chassis gets bedded.
I could be wrong, but I believe the different inlets in foundations are more to do with bolt handle sweeps and angles than differences in action to action for something that should an exact 1.35” diameter cylinder.

Anyone have any experience with the 18" or 20" MTU balancing in an XLR Envy Pro?
Full front weight kit.
20" MTU
It's has a Razor on it now, still balanced.

Weight?

Metric F&©k ton.....

Attachments

• IMG_20201220_161900_444.jpg
    IMG_20201220_161900_444.jpg
    564.8 KB · Views: 161
  • IMG_20201220_162233_760.jpg
    IMG_20201220_162233_760.jpg
    743.4 KB · Views: 153
Reactions: Jefe's Dope
What height rings are you running to clear the NV bridge?

These were Vortex 30mm rings 1.45 height on 30moa base with PST Gen2 on it.

Currently I'm running American Defense Recon Straight Low Quick Detach 34mm Scope 20MOA. I had move up the bridge little bit to clear the scope/caps.

Was able to zero at 50, but turret pretty much bottomed out.

Attachments

• 20210115_150900.jpg
    20210115_150900.jpg
    506.3 KB · Views: 103
The J Allen ones are extremely rigid. Pushing the pivot point further out has its merits.

I could be wrong, but I believe the different inlets in foundations are more to do with bolt handle sweeps and angles than differences in action to action for something that should an exact 1.35” diameter cylinder.

No, foundations are milled specifically to the action. For example a lone peak action has a gusseted bottom compared to an impact that has a round bottom. The inlet is milled to fit the gussets on the lone peak exactly. That’s just one example.

Basically, foundations are not just “700 pattern. And that’s why they fit so well.

Not to mention, many 700 pattern actions aren’t just a complete cylinder. Even if round on the bottom, they transition to non cylinders halfway up. Foundations are also milled for this as well.

No, foundations are milled specifically to the action. For example a lone peak action has a gusseted bottom compared to an impact that has a round bottom. The inlet is milled to fit the gussets on the lone peak exactly. That’s just one example.

Basically, foundations are not just “700 pattern. And that’s why they fit so well.
I just had a look at a Lone Peak. That definitely makes manufacture of the action easier/cheaper. Not so much for the negative image down inside the stock.
Those are facets. Not gussets.

I received my 22” mtu barreled action today. Put it in a prs1 mini chassis, it fed the 50 rounds I shot perfectly. Sighted it in with sk match flat nose that I had 1 box of and it shot little ragged holes. So far l am liking this rifle

It’s pretty damn nice man. Looking forward to seeing what it’s all about in comps

It’s pretty damn nice man. Looking forward to seeing what it’s all about in comps
Hopefully someone will bring it to one of the Matches so i can get behind it.... would love to try it out

Yeah dude, you didn't get the memo?! It's all TCS & Foundations now.

As proof that I know what I'm talking about, my TCS is on order right now, haha!
I'm always the last one to get the memos!

sooner you order, the sooner you’ll get it lol