• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Vudoo Gun Works V-22 Rimfire Bolt Action

There is a video from Vudoo on how to load the mags, before there was a mag loader. Do that and you won’t need it or have problems. Otherwise if anyone wants one of my mag loaders you can PM me and I can send it to you.
I watched that video, just not a 100% convinced yet that there isn't one slipping over the rim yet.

I watched that video, just not a 100% convinced yet that there isn't one slipping over the rim yet.
I've never had rimlocking in thousands of rounds through my Vudoo with polymer and aluminum magazines, so I can tell you that with proper technique it will not be an issue. But as I said, I'm happy to part with the two loaders they sent me...I am not using them :)

Reactions: littlepod
I've never had rimlocking in thousands of rounds through my Vudoo with polymer and aluminum magazines, so I can tell you that with proper technique it will not be an issue. But as I said, I'm happy to part with the two loaders they sent me...I am not using them :)
I actually share your opinion, just second guessing myself to much lately due to FTE's in my vudoo and rimx. Most likely rimlocking has nothing to do with my issues. Thank you.

FINALLY got to join the cool kids' club.

V-360 with 22" MTU barrel
Manners TCS
ZCO 4-20x
Spuhr mount

View attachment 7669970
Very close to my set-up. With a 20" MTU and 5-27 ZCO. To get the balance I wanted had to fill all weight pockets in the 419 rail and remove all the steel weights/spacers from the buttstock. vudootcs.jpg

Last edited:
I see the discussion on rim locking and I'm aware of the proper technique for loading the Vudoo mags.
I don't think this is rim lock but I'm getting the occasional round that will not position "nose up" in the mag and just jams straight forward. If I snap the follower it generally will (position correctly), seems to be the gooey melting lube on the Center-X. Got my rifle in March and it ran flawlessly, now in the July heat these issues appear. Have any of you seen this sort of thing?

Reactions: MauroBrazil
Since the weather has warmed up I have been cleaning my mags every match. The rimfire lube seems to melt and then dust from field matches sticks to everything. Since cleaning regularly I have had no issues with the nose down positioning.

Reactions: accurate obsession
I think it's been mentioned elsewhere, but let me say again here from perspective of personal experience: especially with my 15-round magazines, there seems to be a correlation between "nose down jams" and the orientation of cartridge noses in the mag.

Look at the photo. While case heads are obviously single-stacked, the bullets alternate left-right-left in the column. My experience is that, if two or more bullets aren't alternating as shown, there is an excellent chance that a bullet nose will fail to "pop up" into the requisite nose-high attitude as shown in the Vudoo video, oftentimes even when the video's "attitude correcting" measures are taken.

I don't have a sufficient verified sample size yet to say the alternating-bullet-attitude thing is a sure&certain cause of failure to feed reminiscent of rim lock. But pay attention; we'll see.

(And yep, that's CCI SV ammo in there... I didn't wanna get Lapua bacon grease on my fingers for this learned post :rolleyes:...)
IMG_3105.jpeg

Last edited:
You are my hero!!! Seriously I'm very disappointed to have these FTE's. They look exactly like the ones happening in the video.
No time to watch the whole thing yet, still at work. But now I'm confident of getting somewhere...... Same thing in my rimx by the way, Ray send me a new bolt head to try, coming in tomorrow.

Reactions: Badjujuu
Just picked up my new 360 today. Super happy gun shot great right out of the box tiny hole at 50 and about half inch at 100 with center x I went with a 22mtu not threaded, trigger tech diamond in a foundation exodus. Glad I went with the 22 mtu rifle balances right in front of the mag well. Running the bolt takes a minute to get used to wants to bind if you try to manhandle it but with the right technique it runs great I’m sure it will smooth out with use.

Last edited:
Just picked up my new 360 today. Super happy gun shot great right out of the box tiny hole at 50 and about half inch at 100 with center x I went with a 22mtu not threaded, trigger tech diamond in a foundation exodus. Glad I went with the 22 mtu rifle balances right in front of the mag well. Running the bolt takes a minute to get used to wants to bind if you try to manhandle it but with the the right technique it runs great I’m sure it will smooth out with use.
Just wait till the ceracote wears in. The thing is mint after 1k or so cycles.

I spent some time with my new 360 this afternoon after our local PRS match. Running the bolt with the round bolt knob feels a lot like my AI centerfire rifles.

With random boxes of non lot tested Eley, breaking rocks on the backstops from 200-300 yards was easy. Hitting a 6 inch plate at 410 yards was very doable.

After I get a couple hundred more rounds through this it will be time to send it out for lot testing.

The Vudoo staff member down in St George that does the cerrakoating does an outstanding job. One of the best I have seen in a long time.

All in all I am very impressed with the 360. Might give my 2 lug Vudoos to my god daughters. Between them and my 40X repeaters I am knee deep in 22 bolt guns.
Does the 360 have any advantages over the Gen 1 V22 other than bolt throw and bolt disassembly?

Is this your issue? If so Vudoo knows about it.

nothing to do with any mag loader

You are my hero!!! Seriously I'm very disappointed to have these FTE's. They look exactly like the ones happening in the video.
No time to watch the whole thing yet, still at work. But now I'm confident of getting somewhere...... Same thing in my rimx by the way, Ray send me a new bolt head to try, coming in tomorrow.
I personally haven't seen a 360 yet, or this specific issue but from what I'm seeing in the video I would recommend you check to see how tight the extractors are holding the rim to the bolt face. If there is a slight gap (or if the case can be slightly pulled forward away from the bolt face during extraction from the chamber), test this with the bolt in hand by inserting a round in the extractors and check for fore and aft movement.

I have diagnosed this in other actions and usually find it's lack of extractor tension on the case. Different brands have different rim thickness, if I remember correctly Eley has a thicker rim than Lapua you can try and find a case with a thicker rim to see if it resolves the issue, that way you will know if it has anything to do with how the case is being held against the bolt face or not and go from there.

I have also seen extractor designs that have a puller on the ejection port side and a pusher on the opposite which can work fine but I have also found some designs that need a sight modification to the pusher so it helps retain the case against the bolt face a bit more.

Basically all of this is to create more resistance to the ejection so that it takes slightly more rearward movent of the bolt before the ejector begins to push the case out of the extractors. So your creating more spring pressure before ejection occurs thus slinging the case clear of the ejection port.

Just a thought, I'm 100% confident VGW is all over this and certainty doesn't need my input. I just thought I would mention it if anyone likes to tinker. I have a 360 on order and am anxious to get it, this issue is a no factor to me because of the confidence I have in the crew at Vudoo.

Thank you. I emailed this morning and they just answered that they want the rifle back to work on it.
I changed extractor and tensioner with spring and plungers already. Also cleaned up a burr in the extractor slot with a fine stone.
Everything is moving freely and new, cleaned and lubed. Still weak ejection.

I think it's been mentioned elsewhere, but let me say again here from perspective of personal experience: with my 15-round magazines, there seems to be a correlation between "nose down jams" and the orientation of cartridge noses in the mag.

Look at the photo. While case heads are obviously single-stacked, the bullets alternate left-right-left in the column. My experience is that, if two or more bullets aren't alternating as shown, there is an excellent chance that a bullet nose will fail to "pop up" into the requisite nose-high attitude as shown in the Vudoo video, oftentimes even when the video's "attitude correcting" measures are taken.

I don't have a sufficient verified sample size yet to say the alternating-bullet-attitude thing is a sure&certain cause of failure to feed reminiscent of rim lock. But pay attention; we'll see.

(And yep, that's CCI SV ammo in there... I didn't wanna get Lapua bacon grease on my fingers for this learned post :rolleyes:...)
View attachment 7670769

I have been having un reliable feeding issues from my 15 round magazine from day 1. I have only had it for a couple of months and plenty of the Glass filled ones so it wasn’t an issue. I wanted to use it at a PRS match this weekend and it just wouldn’t work. I was told some things to try and made it a little better but random just not feed at all. A few messages back an forth from MB on IG page as that’s where I was when I was thinking about it.

I think I have a spring issue and it will be solved. I was loading it for the 3rd time tonight just cycling ammo through and noticed the spring was not stacking on the follower & was binding up under it. Here is a pic as I don’t figure the video will upload. I sent the video to MB and waiting his response. I know 100% Vudoo will help me solve the issue.
0493B1FB-9778-4C47-9A71-F06AAE413B36.jpeg
D55ED112-40C0-44F8-91EB-A4D6CA0F5E69.jpeg

It is a 15 rounder and came from Vudoo that way. I think it was done to help with Nose Up feeding into the chamber.

MB just confirmed I have a spring issue. It should be flat on the top towards the follower. I’ll try to make it set as flat as possible against the floor plate and run it.

Just got off the phone with vudoo about my 360--

Apparently there was a parts shortage in may that pushed production back 5-6 weeks. So, my BA that was supposed to be done this week is now due at the end of August. For reference, I ordered mine the day of the announcement.

An update would have been appreciated, but whatever.

Reactions: Cowpokey
I talked to them a couple weeks ago and the delay was 2-3 weeks...mine was supposed to be ready the end of Jun, they are hoping to get it out by the end of this month.

For you guys with 22 inch barrels what’s your average velocity with center x. Having trouble getting my magnetospeed sporter to work lately

I've been getting higher velocity measured by VS. not sure what's that all about. Kind of screws me up so i stopped using v3 and just do a MV calibration in my Kestrel.

For you guys with 22 inch barrels what’s your average velocity with center x. Having trouble getting my magnetospeed sporter to work lately

I've been getting higher velocity measured by VS. not sure what's that all about. Kind of screws me up so i stopped using v3 and just do a MV calibration in my Kestrel.

How do you know if the velocity is higher than it should be? Did you get a reading on another chrono? Or multiples to make sure which is right? If just using what you are seeing down range then I doubt it’s the velocity and more with the BC or environmental conditions.

Same same. Mine was supposed to be 7/13/21
It’s ok now…but not really wanting to miss out on a few matches with out this lady…but when I do get her I will have a brand new never fired foundation genesis 2 stock available

How do you know if the velocity is higher than it should be? Did you get a reading on another chrono? Or multiples to make sure which is right? If just using what you are seeing down range then I doubt it’s the velocity and more with the BC or environmental conditions.
I use the Magneto speed chronograph, center x and sk long range was shooting hotter , I'm talking 1199 for CX. This wasn't just one shot either. Maybe there is something wrong with my v3. Dont know. But with the same setting i wasn't getting such high Numbers with a 20" V22.

Is that the new box center x?

I would check the settings again and then try and find another chrono to verify.

Is that the new box center x?

I would check the settings again and then try and find another chrono to verify.
No, it's the older box. I haven't played with the v3 since and now that my buddy got one I'll be able to verify. Trust me, it puzzled me.

Since then, I took my kestrel, took environmentals, distance to target (200yd) and calibrated MV to actual hits. It's been right on since then (i did that to each ammo I'm shooting) .

Reactions: Rob01
1092 wow that’s faster than I thought. @Badjujuu your barrel a 22 inch? I don’t have a kestrel trying to figure it out old school lol
Dpending on the lot of Center X it is anywhere from about 1065 to 1106fps in my 18" barrel. Interesting fact though is the SD in each lot is around 6fps on average so as long as I stay in the same lot I am good.

1092 wow that’s faster than I thought. @Badjujuu your barrel a 22 inch? I don’t have a kestrel trying to figure it out old school lol
Yup, 22 MTU - I'll be heading to the range Friday so I'll run the V3 again on it. I believe my sensitivity setting was 6 last time I ran the magnetospeed.

I'll bring my 20" as well to bounce it against it

Picked up my Three 60 this week. Kinda nice to see a company that could easily thrive on the success of their Gen 1, and sell only that model for decades, continue with evolutionary changes in an effort to keep improving. I know the current wait is difficult (and largely due to circumstances out of anyone's control), but I personally don't mind. And I appreciate the few who strive for excellence these days. I'm not a fan-boy of ANYONE (well, ok, one Person.), but... well done Vudoo/MB.

I wasn't expecting the firing pin change. Interesting. Gen 2 on the left and 360 on the right.
G%XRhJ6QSeuiVuaeQQUGKg.jpg

Picked up my Three 60 this week. Kinda nice to see a company that could easily thrive on the success of their Gen 1, and sell only that model for decades, continue with evolutionary changes in an effort to keep improving. I know the current wait is difficult (and largely due to circumstances out of anyone's control), but I personally don't mind. And I appreciate the few who strive for excellence these days. I'm not a fan-boy of ANYONE (well, ok, one Person.), but... well done Vudoo/MB.

I wasn't expecting the firing pin change. Interesting. Gen 2 on the left and 360 on the right.
View attachment 7672465
I sent my gen 2 in for maintenance and while it was there they swapped out the firing pin. They didn’t say why but I was assuming it was the result of some issues they were having with design, kind of like a recall. I guess they’ve moved on from that style.

Very close to my set-up. With a 20" MTU and 5-27 ZCO. To get the balance I wanted had to fill all weight pockets in the 419 rail and remove all the steel weights/spacers from the buttstock.View attachment 7670735

Yep same with what I had to do, and I noticed you got an additional weight which I'd liked to have on the top of your rail.

• Haha
Reactions: Rob01 and Badjujuu
I see the discussion on rim locking and I'm aware of the proper technique for loading the Vudoo mags.
I don't think this is rim lock but I'm getting the occasional round that will not position "nose up" in the mag and just jams straight forward. If I snap the follower it generally will (position correctly), seems to be the gooey melting lube on the Center-X. Got my rifle in March and it ran flawlessly, now in the July heat these issues appear. Have any of you seen this sort of thing?

This is exactly rimlock if the round will not go up and jams straight forward.

View attachment 7672465

Is your Deuce coming in soon?

So when it's in rim lock condition and you snap the follower it will then orient correctly but probably nose down again upon pushing it with the bolt?

When I've seen people end up in rim lock position, they usually drop mag, slap the bottom of it and then they're good to go. When I load my alu mags I end up rimlocking quite a bit. I can tell when I loaded it incorrectly and I just slap the bottom of my mag and everything spins back in correct orientation, and I continue loading.

You guys know 22 is the caliber and not the minimum pound weight you have to make the rifle to have it balance on a pin head exactly .76543” in front of the magwell right? Lol

But I need to game the stages! I need it to sit without my body touching the rifle and point exactly at the target and then I need my 3oz trigger so I can shoot it without it moving!

Reactions: Badjujuu and Rob01
Yep same with what I had to do, and I noticed you got an additional weight which I'd liked to have on the top of your rail.
It was very close to balancing just right, I'm a machinist for a living and just made a weight that is triple the normal one.

But I need to game the stages! I need it to sit without my body touching the rifle and point exactly at the target and then I need my 3oz trigger so I can shoot it without it moving!
I know many like to poke fun at the gamer aspect of certain things, I did as well a couple of years ago.
Yes, it's a PITA toting a 16-19# rifle.
No, it's not practical, except for playing the game most of us are interested in.
Yes, it has made a considerable difference since I got on board with the balance idea with centerfire and rimfire.