• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Vudoo Gun Works V-22 Rimfire Bolt Action

Is your Deuce coming in soon?
I held on as long as I could, but bailed when Vudoo announced the Three 60. Who knows, I'm so deep into this rimfire rabbit-hole financially that I may end up back on the Deuce wait list if they turn out to be as nice as expected. I seem to have issues with liking cool things that make me smile lol

I know many like to poke fun at the gamer aspect of certain things, I did as well a couple of years ago.
Yes, it's a PITA toting a 16-19# rifle.
No, it's not practical, except for playing the game most of us are interested in.
Yes, it has made a considerable difference since I got on board with the balance idea with centerfire and rimfire.
Every time I think about getting some gadget for my rifle (or worrying about perfect balance) I remind myself that a 15 year old with a base class Tikka beat 190 other shooters at NRL22 championship 🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

Yup it’s the shooter that is most important and the gear comes in next. I chuckle at all the balance talk. Way over thought!

Reactions: Badjujuu
Shooting or virtually any other sport, you can buy some points, but at the end of the day that 7K .22 rifle isn't going to win the match for you. Either going to put in the work to improve YOU or just be content being the best dressed dude at the bottom.

or just be content being the best dressed dude at the bottom
Who cares if I'm at the bottom half with a 6k rifle? I do this to learn and have fun!
And wile we are at it, money buys you no points .... I'm still working out bugs with help of the manufacturers on 2 of these 6k rifles. These "bugs" make you loose stages too.

I have been having un reliable feeding issues from my 15 round magazine from day 1. I have only had it for a couple of months and plenty of the Glass filled ones so it wasn’t an issue. I wanted to use it at a PRS match this weekend and it just wouldn’t work. I was told some things to try and made it a little better but random just not feed at all. A few messages back an forth from MB on IG page as that’s where I was when I was thinking about it.

I think I have a spring issue and it will be solved. I was loading it for the 3rd time tonight just cycling ammo through and noticed the spring was not stacking on the follower & was binding up under it. Here is a pic as I don’t figure the video will upload. I sent the video to MB and waiting his response. I know 100% Vudoo will help me solve the issue. View attachment 7671551View attachment 7671552
After my found Mag Spring issues above and @RAVAGE88 telling me to just flip it over as it would be G2G. I figured the spring needed to be flat on the floor plate as well. It was 100% flawless for 60 rounds last night. I did not cycle the bolt slow and I didn't cycle it fast. Just a fluid motion keeping the plate in view of the optic through the whole cycle. If you have a Vudoo problem of any sort MB can solve and will do everything he can to do so. Thanks MB I appreciate it. Now buy s good bottle of Bourbon (Weller 12) and enjoy some of it this weekend.

Reactions: RAVAGE88
On another note I didn't receive a magazine loader tool with my order (Canadian dealer, end of June export). A friend of mine got his a few weeks ago and it came with one. I was under the impression that all the recent shipments would be getting one to help load the magazine correctly.

Mine didn't come with one either, but with the finger buttons that the mag comes with, I don't know why you'd need a loading assist tool.

I've got three of their10rd polymer mags (logo version) here, and I'm having trouble getting the baseplates off for cleaning. I would have presumed it works like the other dozens of magazines that I've taken apart before: depress the little button, and slide the baseplate forward. I even tried it by taking the pressure off the baseplate by using a small screwdriver to compress the spring upwards... still no joy. Is there something I'm missing, or are these just extra tight? I didn't want to force them.

I do this to learn and have fun!
At the end of the day, 100% with you.
But --- in most of us there is a competitive streak (and I mean the good natured type competition) that just won't lie down. I spend so much on equipment to try and eliminate as many of those variables as possible, so the rest are placed squarely on my shoulders. And I don't spend all this time, effort and $$$ strictly in pursuit of this game, I mean look at my name on this forum, It's a sickness :ROFLMAO: in a fun sort of way.

Last edited:
Mine didn't come with one either, but with the finger buttons that the mag comes with, I don't know why you'd need a loading assist tool.

I've got three of their10rd polymer mags (logo version) here, and I'm having trouble getting the baseplates off for cleaning. I would have presumed it works like the other dozens of magazines that I've taken apart before: depress the little button, and slide the baseplate forward. I even tried it by taking the pressure off the baseplate by using a small screwdriver to compress the spring upwards... still no joy. Is there something I'm missing, or are these just extra tight? I didn't want to force them.
I had to use the largest screwdriver I had that fits in the hole and really use some leverage to get the initial movement started. Once you pop them, the next time is easier.

Who cares if I'm at the bottom half with a 6k rifle? I do this to learn and have fun!
And wile we are at it, money buys you no points .... I'm still working out bugs with help of the manufacturers on 2 of these 6k rifles. These "bugs" make you loose stages too.
A few decades ago, one of the clay target magazines did a satire on the equipment race.

In the satire, a newbie went to a shoot with a field shotgun and was laughed at and otherwise ignored by the kool kids. So the newb built an android which was human-like enough to pass muster but was otherwise totally mechanical - and it never ever missed a target. Newb outfitted the droid with the cheapest, lightest, most awful brutal-recoiling field gun he could find and put a steel butt plate on it for good measure.

So the android shooter dominated the national rankings. Soon, there wasn't a dirt-cheap shotgun to be found and people were selling steel butt plates at the big shoots. Despite black&blue shoulders and split-open cheek bones, everybody had to have the same shotgun as the guy who never missed....

Reactions: Badjujuu and J-Ham
So you are saying I can’t take my Izmash biathlon to a 22 match? Should I get the Fortner Anschütz then? After all it’s German right?
Sorry I have absolutely no idea what you’re trying to tell me.
There are really only 3 choices if you want a 22 in R700 format but way more shotguns I think (no knowledge about them I have).
And I’m way over the age of wanting to look cool, maybe thinking more about how much time I have left to enjoy the hobby.

Reactions: Matagorda308
So you are saying I can’t take my Izmash biathlon to a 22 match? Should I get the Fortner Anschütz then? After all it’s German right?
Sorry I have absolutely no idea what you’re trying to tell me.
There are really only 3 choices if you want a 22 in R700 format but way more shotguns I think (no knowledge about them I have).
And I’m way over the age of wanting to look cool, maybe thinking more about how much time I have left to enjoy the hobby.
O heavens no! I was looking for an intro for my little story - and didn't think about the implication when I quoted you!!! MY BAD, and my apology!!!!! Humor was intended, not derision!

I'm like you; too old to care about looking cool. So I'll take my bright-blue Vudoo to today's match with my magazines and other stuff in a Bass Pro range bag and haul it all around in a rickety jogging stroller whose front wheel fell off at an earlier match....

Again, I meant no derogatory implication whatsoever, and I appreciate your calling it out!

Reactions: Schütze
I would have presumed it works like the other dozens of magazines that I've taken apart before: depress the little button, and slide the baseplate forward.
And that's exactly how it's supposed to work.
I really didn't give much thought to cleaning rimfire magazines (from a bolt gun) until the summer heat started melting all that bacon grease lube on the CX ammo. I have 5 polymer mags and all of them were exactly like yours, I had to pry them open the first time.
If you want the bottom plate to slide easily you'll have to carefully remove some of the flash left from the molding process. Use a FINE file and rub the base plate across it to clean the rim area, there is a ridge along the mold line on the main body of the mag that needs to be smoothed as well. Keep fit-checking the base plate as you do this and you will quickly get to where a little thumb pressure will slide the plate back and forth.

And that's exactly how it's supposed to work... I have 5 polymer mags and all of them were exactly like yours, I had to pry them open the first time.

Once I knew that they *will* come off that way, I used my rubber-jawed vise to hold the bottom plate, used a dowel to hold the spring to take pressure off the "nipple" piece, push the nipple piece down out of the way, and then a small rubber hammer to tap the magazine down far enough where I could get the bottom plate off the remaining slot by hand. Thanks to all who responded!

After my found Mag Spring issues above and @RAVAGE88 telling me to just flip it over as it would be G2G. I figured the spring needed to be flat on the floor plate as well. It was 100% flawless for 60 rounds last night. I did not cycle the bolt slow and I didn't cycle it fast. Just a fluid motion keeping the plate in view of the optic through the whole cycle. If you have a Vudoo problem of any sort MB can solve and will do everything he can to do so. Thanks MB I appreciate it. Now buy s good bottle of Bourbon (Weller 12) and enjoy some of it this weekend.
👊 👊

MB

Vudoo + ZCO is the muthafuckin' truth, boys! I am really digging this setup. Thanks @RAVAGE88, @CSTactical & the rest of the gang at VGW!
20210724_112144.jpg

Broke the Vudoo out yesterday to win the Frontline Defense .22PRL match. Only dropped one point the whole match.

View attachment 7674468
And, as is typical of modest Rob, he won the match. Good shooting, buddy.

Second place was two targets back, also shooting a Vudoo.

And, hysterically, Rob and 2nd place Jeff are both classified as "senior." Neither of 'em 60 yet. :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

• Haha
Reactions: Quickoz and Rob01
Jeez-O-Peet! Senior is 55 now!?

MB
The guys who shoot with me will probably roll their eyes at hearing this again... "Calling a 55-year-old a senior is like calling an 18-year-old an adult."

At 55, I could still do 40 pushups cold, more with a little warmup. At 65, I could barely manage a couple of half-pushups (from knees) - not from muscle atrophy per se, but from arthritis and disc degeneration - and a couple years later I couldn't do any, period. At age 55, I was 6'1" tall. At 65, I was 5'11" with most of my lumbar and cervical spine discs gone or atrophied. These conditions have their own impacts; for me, with limited strength and ROM in my right leg from an old injury, going from standing to prone takes awhile and from prone to standing takes a week. I can shoot from my knees if I have support for the rifle but it's slow and will cause pain post-match.

Boo-hoo. I'm still upright and I'm still shooting and I still enjoy competition. I don't have to win and I don't need my own age class to enjoy myself. But if PRS is gonna talk about a "senior" class, maybe they oughta at least learn what the f* a "senior" is.

While I think 65+ is a more appropriate "super-senior" limit, the reality is that MDs have enough to do without having to dink with forty-leven classes.

So, MDs and range owners, rather than whining about age, let's talk MONEY. You got this whole population of geezers out there with time on their hands and $$$$$$ in their pockets who would love to compete in matches where they don't have to tie themselves in knots or do gym workouts as part of the COF. Use the same target set as the regular Saturday match, just do away with the physically taxing positions and provide an optional bench instead of requiring prone. Run the thing during the week if your club depends on weekend shooters for revenue - retirees don't care what day it is. The kool kids who squeal about COFs or target sizes being "too easy" don't have to play; everyone else is welcome.

Maybe I'm wrong about revenue potential from geezer matches... but "the industry" said Mike & co. were nuts to build a near-$2000 .22 barreled action too.

/rant

Only 6 more years, I'm liking it! Until then I've still to drop on my knees and swallow the pain lol

Boo-hoo. I'm still upright and I'm still shooting and I still enjoy competition. I don't have to win and I don't need my own age class to enjoy myself. But if PRS is gonna talk about a "senior" class, maybe they oughta at least learn what the f* a "senior" is.

While I think 65+ is a more appropriate "super-senior" limit, the reality is that MDs have enough to do without having to dink with forty-leven classes.

So, MDs and range owners, rather than whining about age, let's talk MONEY. You got this whole population of geezers out there with time on their hands and $$$$$$ in their pockets who would love to compete in matches where they don't have to tie themselves in knots or do gym workouts as part of the COF. Use the same target set as the regular Saturday match, just do away with the physically taxing positions and provide an optional bench instead of requiring prone. Run the thing during the week if your club depends on weekend shooters for revenue - retirees don't care what day it is. The kool kids who squeal about COFs or target sizes being "too easy" don't have to play; everyone else is welcome.

Maybe I'm wrong about revenue potential from geezer matches... but "the industry" said Mike & co. were nuts to build a near-$2000 .22 barreled action too.

/rant
I'm with you. At 75 there's no way I could assume some of those positions. There's a bunch of us geezers near me. We shoot long range from 25 yards out to 350+ yards at small targets. We shoot from a bench with bipods and rear bags. Between shots we talk about our ailments. ;)

Gotta love 3D printers. I made a simple benchtop tray to hold the 5 magazines that I use during matches. It holds them at a slight angle, and works with my plain Vudoo magazines as well as the ones that I have with an extended bottom plate. This keeps me more organized than just having five magazines laying on the bench during a timed match... I need the extra help being organized!

(Our matches are generally 5 rounds per target, and the 11-round magazines are convenient for an additional sighter or if a cartridge doesn't go 'bang'.)

MagTray1s.jpg
MagTray5s.jpg

who would love to compete in matches where they don't have to tie themselves in knots or do gym workouts as part of the COF

Here, here! (Hear, hear?) - couldn’t agree more. My buddy and I, (both 60) went to a PRS match intending to shoot. Decided to watch one first to get a feel. We both looked at each other and said we sure wish they’d invent a seniors PRS match cause that getting up and down shit with swinging barricades ain't for us.

We both have great equipment and shoot everything from Vudoo 22 to 1 mile steel - we just aint cut out for the run and gun stuff. Invent a bench based PRS match and we‘re in!

Here, here! (Hear, hear?) - couldn’t agree more. My buddy and I, (both 60) went to a PRS match intending to shoot. Decided to watch one first to get a feel. We both looked at each other and said we sure wish they’d invent a seniors PRS match cause that getting up and down shit with swinging barricades ain't for us.

We both have great equipment and shoot everything from Vudoo 22 to 1 mile steel - we just aint cut out for the run and gun stuff. Invent a bench based PRS match and we‘re in!
Maybe time to move this thought/idea process to the Competition Shooting Talk forum. Geezers unite!

First outing, went well. First mag, apparently did not load correctly as the last three got tied up and had to reload them. Only other snafu was after I did the cleaning after the 20 rounds, forgot the cheekpiece height and was struggling with shadow-figured it out after those ten.

All shots at 50 yards from a bench and Triad rear bag, Atlas front. Getting used to it all.

My 360 just seems to keep getting better every range trip. Yesterday my fifth time out it shot 5 different types (sk and Lapua) and different lots outstanding. Heading out tomorrow to try shooting at distance hopefully out to 500.

First outing, went well. First mag, apparently did not load correctly as the last three got tied up and had to reload them. Only other snafu was after I did the cleaning after the 20 rounds, forgot the cheekpiece height and was struggling with shadow-figured it out after those ten.

All shots at 50 yards from a bench and Triad rear bag, Atlas front. Getting used to it all.

That Norma never shot good in my rifle or a friend's. I wouldn't use it as any reference. The Wolf is a better reference.

That Norma never shot good in my rifle or a friend's. I wouldn't use it as any reference. The Wolf is a better reference.
I have no idea where I got it, had it a while, it's gone now! I have a decent amount of the MT and a brick of SK S+, a couple SK Long Range Match to try.
And I won't add a double expresso with my shake after leg day next time.

The Element Nexus is a very nice scope for the cash they can be had for.I am very happy with mine.

Last edited:
The Element Nexus is very nice scope for the cash they can be had for.I am very happy with mine.

I’ve had 2 and been blown away with both of them. trying to spend some serious time with the titan though. So far it seems awesome
Too

Reactions: Moose
Shot @Hoser ’s rimfire prone and “prs style” match today with the ol Three 60. No pictures because I was busy trying to not miss, but she ran almost flawless! Ran it suppressed for the first time ever and remembered why I don’t run a can in a match. Filled the bolt face and breech face full of crud causing two fail to fires. Carried the rifle muzzle down when I would remember and no issues. Other than that, it was fantastic! Awesome match and highly recommend it to anyone in the Colorado/ northern NM area!

I’m pleased to report that my RimX is operating perfect again. Ray did send me a complete new bolt head, a big thank you. I shoot 200 rd through it yesterday and didn’t have any issues, it ejected perfectly in about 2 o’clock direction 2 feed away (prone) just outside my shooting pad.
The three / 60 is at Vudoo right now, can’t wait to get it back and shoot them both side by side again without worrying about ejection problems anymore.
It simply amazes me how fast you can run the RimX bolt with great results on the target.

Should be able to run the Vudoo bolt just as fast.

Should be able to run the Vudoo bolt just as fast.
I’m looking forward to it. During my experience shooting the Vudoo I complained about the for me sticking bolt. Vudoo‘s advise was to coat the bolt slightly with Lucas gun oil. Skeptical at first I followed the advice and found it makes a big difference. Have just about 500rd through it and been told it will get much better past 1000.

Reactions: Rob01