• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Vudoo Gun Works V-22 Rimfire Bolt Action

Was thinking about ordering some ammo to try out and was curious if anyone has tried the Prime Ammo?
Made by RWS so should be pretty good.

Reach out to Cole, he’s shot the Prime and I believe has a pretty detailed report.

MB

Sorry it took me a little while to circle back on this, been traveling again and just got back late last night. There was a question a page or so back about the compatibility of the Silencerco Sparrow Suppressor to the Vudoo Muzzle Thread. I modeled the Silencerco muzzle from the print supplied by the OP and created a transparent overlay with the Vudoo muzzle.

Basically, the only difference between the Vudoo and Silencerco muzzle thread is I'm providing more thread engagement. From the looks of the overlay, the O-Ring shouldn't have any issues sealing on the Vudoo muzzle.

Hope this helps.

MB

Had the chance last week to visit Paul and his staff. Impressed to say the least! Paul and his crew are doing it right. Nice shop, Great people, and a ton of rifles, actions, stocks, scopes, etc. Nice to see a family business succeeding. And yes, they are all shooters!!!

Thanks for the opportunity to visit.

Dave

Reactions: RAVAGE88
Any photos of the fluting on the MTU or the Kukri Barrel? I checked the website and didn't find any.
Thanks
Phil G

My lefty sinister arrived--very nice--hope to shoot next week!!
2 simple questions: is dry-fire okay? And what torque settings are folks using with the Vudoo dbm and grayboe stocks?

Dry fire is ok. It is somewhere in this thread because I found it when I received mine.

Don't know specific torque recommendation for the grayboe stocks, but most any stock with pillars will do well with an initial setting of 50 in/lbs front, 45 rear.

Reactions: 4sfed
I remember seeing a recommendation of 60 in-lbs in the front and 50 for the rear

65 front and 45 rear is what I was instructed yesterday. Cole also advised me that bedding the action into a greyboe is not required or advised. He said they are seizing negative results from traditional bedding.

Needing some input on what size MOA rail to go with.

I will most likely be running a Gen II pst 5x25 with 20 mills total adjustment.

Would I be able to zero at 25 yards with a 30 moa rail? I have spoken to one guy that says he has no problems but the same guy couldn’t tell me how much elevation up in mills that he still had. So my confidence in him is shaky at best.

Any help or advice would be awesome.

Needing some input on what size MOA rail to go with.

I will most likely be running a Gen II pst 5x25 with 20 mills total adjustment.

Would I be able to zero at 25 yards with a 30 moa rail? I have spoken to one guy that says he has no problems but the same guy couldn’t tell me how much elevation up in mills that he still had. So my confidence in him is shaky at best.

Any help or advice would be awesome.

I have a 20 MOA rail with a Tango 6 4-24. It gives me 7 mils down and 16 up. 25 yard zero.

So you only have 6.5 mild left in elevation???

That doesn’t seem right to me so I’m confused.

6.5 mils below zero, 14.8 mils above zero. Sorry if my response was confusing. Zeroed at 50 yards. So a total of 21.3 mils elevation in scope. Doesn't correspond to the 18 mils Athlon says in its specs but I am ok with that.

Last edited:
Placed an order today for a 18" kukri barreled action.
Should have it mid next week.
Then shooting an nrl22 match on the 7th. Cant wait.
Next up is a can for it

Side note
What ammo r u guys having the most success with? Sorry if this has been covered. I did not read all 19 pages of this thread.

Last edited:
That’s not a long wait at all? Did they just have one ready to go for you or what?
Several of us have ordered them from Mile High as a reseller, because they had what we want in stock. They only had a few in stock a couple weeks ago when I mentioned it here.

Reactions: kabarNC
I've had very good results with SK Rifle & Pistol Match ammo. It took testing a dozen or more lots of Rifle Match to find one lot that was worth purchasing in quantity. A few months later, I bought six lots of Pistol Match to test, and four out of the six were very good. I bought another case of the best of those four lots, and wish I'd have bought two cases of it...

Select lots of Lapua Center-X can be a little better at times than the SK ammo, but at nearly twice the price, it should offer better accuracy more consistently that I've seen.

Eley might have something your rifle will shoot well with, but it just hasn't done that well for me over the years - relative to how well Wolf & SK have performed - so I haven't spent a lot of $$$ or time working with it.

I've had very good results with SK Rifle & Pistol Match ammo. It took testing a dozen or more lots of Rifle Match to find one lot that was worth purchasing in quantity. A few months later, I bought six lots of Pistol Match to test, and four out of the six were very good. I bought another case of the best of those four lots, and wish I'd have bought two cases of it...
Flat, who are you purchasing SK ammo from? My rifle is about 5 weeks out and so I need to get test stock.

Has anyone been able to handle both the adjustable Ravage stock and the Ridgeback stock? I'm leaning toward the Ridgeback, but I'm not sure how it compares to the Ravage or to the Manners I've been leaning towards... I don't have access to check out the stock options, so I'm stuck with reviews and learning from others. I placed the order today for a barreled action, while I decide on a stock, so I'm trying to figure out the rest of the details.

Has anyone been able to handle both the adjustable Ravage stock and the Ridgeback stock? I'm leaning toward the Ridgeback, but I'm not sure how it compares to the Ravage or to the Manners I've been leaning towards... I don't have access to check out the stock options, so I'm stuck with reviews and learning from others. I placed the order today for a barreled action, while I decide on a stock, so I'm trying to figure out the rest of the details.

If by ravage you mean the grayboe renegade stock, then I'd definately get the Ridgeback stock. Renegade does not have LOP adjustability (glued on butt piece), or MLOK support. Also, the adjustable cheek for the renegade ran me $150 extra, looks like it's a standard feature on the ridgeback. If I had it to do over again, I'd get an MPA lite chassis and change barrel length and contour to a 16.5" med contour to save weight. Mine weighs in around 14lbs kitted out with a 18" Kukri heavy contour.

EDIT ADD: or get a KRG Bravo, as that is also an option from the factory.

Last edited:
I bought some of the early test lots of SK from Champions Choice, but the rest came from Graf & Sons, including the full case purchases. Since Capstone now handles all Lapua/Viht imports, I'm not sure how much of the SK Grafs has on hand. Thankfully, I bought two cases of the Rifle Match & one of Pistol Match, so I'm set for quite some time yet.

The Vudoo did well yesterday at Frontline Defense in NC.
xw1p2Lz.jpg

Reactions: marks_a18138
I thought there was a thread on optics, but maybe I just missed the posts in this thread.

I'm trying to decide on a scope for my Vudoo. I picked up a Gen 2 PST 5-25, thinking this would be a good, cost effective way to go, but when I placed my order with Jay, he mentioned the reason so many people choose the ATACR 7-35 is because you can focus at full power at 25 yards.

I'm trying to decide between with the ATACR or maybe a S&B PM II 12-50. Is anyone using that S&B? The specs say it will focus down to 10 meters and with 1/8" adjustments, it seems like it would be an ideal choice.

There currently aren't any NRL matches within 6 hours of where I live, so the few matches that are options are shot from a bench.

Anyone have time behind both optics?

The 7-35 will focus down to 10 meters at full power. I just had one and decided to go back to the AMG which will focus at 25 yds in full power.

The 7-35 is an awesome optic. I just prefer the eye relief and reticle on the amg.

I haven’t used the SB 12-50, but to be honest, I don’t know when having 1/8 and up to 50x would matter for nrl or .22 prs.

I was never above 25x on the 7-35 from 25 yds to 225 yds in the last .22 match I used it in.

Reactions: Rolltide
Just got an email my rifle ships tomorrow. Sucks the trigger tech isn't here yet. Its been a month since I placed the order.

Reactions: Rob01
In anticipation/preparation my Vudoo Apparition I'm building myself a KYL (know your limits) Target.

Frame brackets for swingarm and legs
i-fLpJTRh-L.jpg

Swingers
i-GNsN92Q-L.jpg

Targets are 2", 1.75, 1.5, 1.25, 1, .75, .5, and 5/16"

Looking forward to the new rifle. (y)

Just got an email my rifle ships tomorrow. Sucks the trigger tech isn't here yet. Its been a month since I placed the order.
In anticipation/preparation my Vudoo Apparition I'm building myself a KYL (know your limits) Target.

Frame brackets for swingarm and legs
i-fLpJTRh-L.jpg

Swingers
i-GNsN92Q-L.jpg

Targets are 2", 1.75, 1.5, 1.25, 1, .75, .5, and 5/16"

Looking forward to the new rifle. (y)

You did a really great job on those

Holly smokes, nice!

For those of us without your talent and time, Jake from JC Steel targets sells the kits used for the NRL22 matches, but you can use it for practice too. All for a value in my opinion.

Not as sexy, but fast and easy..

Man, I can't wait until mine shows up. I'm trying to decide on a stock and have narrowed it down to either the Manners PRS or the Grayboe Ridgeback.

My main question has to do with the fit and feel. I like the A5 and have been told the Ridgeback has a similar feel, but haven't seen a Manners PRS outside of their website.

The Manners is more, but I don't mind paying if there are benefits to it. Does anyone have experience with both? Is there lots to gain by going with the Manners?

Cole and Jay have been incredible to work with and I feel like I'm asking Cole a thousand questions, mainly because I'm buying without ever seeing a Vudoo in person or either stock.

You guys are a bunch of enablers!!!!!!!

Nice work Rob (y)

i-q32QvhQ.jpg

Great shooting Rob. It was as fun a match as I've ever done (rifle, pistol, shotgun, archery)... Drowned at the Guardian, cooked at PRL... looking forward to next one.

Man, I can't wait until mine shows up. I'm trying to decide on a stock and have narrowed it down to either the Manners PRS or the Grayboe Ridgeback.

My main question has to do with the fit and feel. I like the A5 and have been told the Ridgeback has a similar feel, but haven't seen a Manners PRS outside of their website.

The Manners is more, but I don't mind paying if there are benefits to it. Does anyone have experience with both? Is there lots to gain by going with the Manners?

Cole and Jay have been incredible to work with and I feel like I'm asking Cole a thousand questions, mainly because I'm buying without ever seeing a Vudoo in person or either stock.

You guys are a bunch of enablers!!!!!!!

If $$ is not an issue I’d go with Manners elite PRS w/ gen 2 chassis. Core usually has them in stock so you don’t have the long wait times. The Core custom camo patterns are pretty sweet too.

Why

Why don’t you talk to them and see if they can put one on for you? Are you waiting on Diamond?
If you don’t need trigger pull below #1 lb go with the special, otherwise it’s the same trigger as diamond.

Reactions: RAVAGE88
Why

Why don’t you talk to them and see if they can put one on for you? Are you waiting on Diamond?
If you don’t need trigger pull below #1 lb go with the special, otherwise it’s the same trigger as diamond.

Just received a big order of TT in the St George shop, give Paul a call....QUICK!

MB

I have one on order already direct from TT. I'll just use something else in the meantime. Left hand ones are hard to find and expensive. They told me another month.

5 rounds to condition the barrel and the next 5 look sweet. 6 weeks into an 8 week wait. Tick tock...

My buddy and I had ours out a couple weeks ago. We were having some fun and started out shooting at 50 yards. We drew a circle around a dime and I proceeded to put nine inside the circle with plenty of room to spare on each side. A fly landed on the target and I told my buddy I was going to try to hit it with the tenth shot. The NF 7-35 mates well with the Vudoo. I proceeded to make short work of the fly. I have a picture of the target but no means of posting it. I know he sent a picture of the target to Paul. The Vudoo and SK Rifle Match topped with the NF 7-35 is surgically accurate.