• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• Site updates coming next Wednesday at 8am CT!

The site will be down for routine maintenance on Wednesday 6/5 starting at 8am CT. If you have any questions, please PM alexj-12!

Vudoo Gun Works V-22 Rimfire Bolt Action

I just order d mine this week. I was kinda lazy and got my .22 takedown approved without having a host.

Just ordered some SK standard plus, SK rifle match, Norma match, Aguila Standard velocity, CCI standard velocity, and have several different boxes of federal match.

Will be shooting all of them over the chrono to see how well they do for the cost associated with each ammo.

Is 50 yards good for ammo testing or straight to 100?

it's really hard to resist ordering one of these.

Sell your car, lawn mower, CZ and a Glock....

It will be worth it. Put the very best trigger you would complete with in your centerfire, a bit of SK Match are Lapua and you’ll not look back.

Reactions: usafa77
Does anyone have one of the Ridgeback rifles? As much as it pains me, been thinking about selling my Sako Quad Range as well as my 455 with 22/17 barrels. Wondering how these handle and feel.

The Ravage is calling me. I don't like the big nob on the side of the Ridgeback, could be an issue if you have to shoot left hand or weak side.

Reactions: JohnJohn
The Ravage is calling me. I don't like the big nob on the side of the Ridgeback, could be an issue if you have to shoot left hand or weak side.
I really like the Ravage on mine, however, I did get the adjustable cheek rest and L.O.P. installed...

I really like the Ravage on mine, however, I did get the adjustable cheek rest and L.O.P. installed...

So the adjustable cheek rest is an additional feature? I saw the picture on the at the top of the page showed one with the adjustable cheek rest but the other photos on the page didn't show one. I had wondered if it was an optional purchase.

So the adjustable cheek rest is an additional feature? I saw the picture on the at the top of the page showed one with the adjustable cheek rest but the other photos on the page didn't show one. I had wondered if it was an optional purchase.
Yes, as I understand it, it's available and you can always find a different lower profile knob. It's basically the same comb hardware they use on the Ridgeback. https://grayboe.com/stocks/ridgeback/

Last edited:
My adjustable stock work was done by Taylor Precision, it was an optional upgrade offered by the folks at Vudoo when I ordered. No knob on the stock, just counter sunk Allen cap screws...
stock1.jpg

What the folks at Vudoo did was lowere the price $150 for the non adjustable model and keep the price the say for the Adjustable model. That’s the whole rebate thing you see right now on the ravage.

They send the stock off and get the KMW hardware installed.

Cole also informed me they now have and adjustable system for the LOP but I didn’t get that option.

I appreciate the clarification you all. I like the look of the Ravage over the Ridgeback but will definitely want an adjustable cheek rest. I probably wont buy one until next year so I may keep my eye out for a used T4A or A5 Adjustible in the mean time as well.

I honestly can't believe anyone is still on the fence.

Seriously, a Vudoo will see more trigger time than any other rifle you own.

And it will be more fun.

And is cheaper to shoot.

And feels damn near like the custom action rifle you haven't been winning matches with.

So, there's that...

I honestly can't believe anyone is still on the fence.

Seriously, a Vudoo will see more trigger time than any other rifle you own.

And it will be more fun.

And is cheaper to shoot.

And feels damn near like the custom action rifle you haven't been winning matches with.

So, there's that...

That is the exact logic used to justify my purchase.
  1. Seriously, a Vudoo will see more trigger time than any other rifle you own.
  2. And it will be more fun.
  3. And is cheaper to shoot.
There may come a time when conveniently located rifle ranges, like car and motorcycle race tracks are driven out of business due to excessive noise issues. That won't happen with suppressed only rimfire ranges. It would be hard for the opposition to file a legitimate complaint about something you can't hear. .338 Lapua's with brakes are cool but they do nothing to prolong shooting sports at local rifle ranges. Shooting them at typical 200 yard ranges does nothing but irritate people in my opinion. Sorry for the rant, but I was reminded of this last week when a guy set up next to two of use shooting suppressed .22lr with his .338 Lapua Ruger or Savage chassis rifle most likely from the local Cabela's. He shot 5 rounds at 100, then an 8 round 6" group at 200..... after he left our rimfires posted 2.5" groups on his target. ;)

Rimfire creates a sustainable opportunity in this day and age...… IMO.

Reactions: JeffLebowski
I just order d mine this week. I was kinda lazy and got my .22 takedown approved without having a host.

Just ordered some SK standard plus, SK rifle match, Norma match, Aguila Standard velocity, CCI standard velocity, and have several different boxes of federal match.

Will be shooting all of them over the chrono to see how well they do for the cost associated with each ammo.

Is 50 yards good for ammo testing or straight to 100?

FWIW my vudoo wont chamber, the cci standard velocity or aguila match.
Also it wouldn't chamber eley contact or target.
It shot norma match ok.
I've got sk ammo on order as well as lapua

It shot norma match ok.
FWIW...I haven't had any problems with chambering CCI standard or Eley Contact and Target...never tried Aguila Match. The only time I've ran into problems closing the bolt it was because it needed to be cleaned. Running suppressed sometimes crap builds up on the bolt face...
DW

It shot norma match ok.
The guys at Vudoo should be able to give you some guidance in this. I don’t have this issue with CCI SV, and haven’t tried the other ones you have trouble with. With CCI, the round always chambers for me, but the bolt doesn’t always seem to close as easy as it does on all the SK/Lapua stuff though. Those are like butter every time. It is pretty common for CCI to have some chambering issues with match barrels though. You see that with lots of match barrel manufacturers.

The guys at Vudoo should be able to give you some guidance in this. I don’t have this issue with CCI SV, and haven’t tried the other ones you have trouble with. With CCI, the round always chambers for me, but the bolt doesn’t always seem to close as easy as it does on all the SK/Lapua stuff though. Those are like butter every time. It is pretty common for CCI to have some chambering issues with match barrels though. You see that with lots of match barrel manufacturers.

Yup mike has reached out to me already and were working on a solution.
Great guys over there at vudoo!

It shot norma match ok.

I shot about 100 rds today using the CCI SV and some SK match.
The CCI was harder too close the bolt on but shot descent, but would not eject an unfired round.The SK match shot really well, but still wouldn't extract a round that hasn't been fired.
Not good if you was shooting a match and they call a ceasefire and cold range.

The CCI was harder too close the bolt on but shot descent, but would not eject an unfired round.The SK match shot really well, but still wouldn't extract a round that hasn't been fired.
I have had issues with not being able to extract an unfired round also...

Hmm. Cant say I've tried to eject a live round yet.
You had better luck then me with cci. It was going to take much more force then I was comfortable putting on my bolt to get it to close on cci ammo so I just said screw it.
Shot more norma match today and made bugholes at 50 yards

Finally figured out what I am doing with my Vudoo by way of chassis system. I was originally going to use a bedded Grayboe, but decided to use that stock for a 16" .308 that I use to shoot suppressed subsonic rounds. I ended up with an AICS AX (pre-2014) that matches what I set up for a PRS gun. Ended up mixing and matching the sets so that the barrel length would be accomodated.

Now I just need to get glass and actually start shooting... *smh* Kinda feeling dumb for having all the gear (sans glass), having not shot a match yet.

20180709_193236.jpg

Just got mine today. I mounted a Vortex AMG and its in a Manners Elite T4A. Just sucks my TT Diamond isn't here. I hope to get some trigger time tomorrow.

Finally figured out what I am doing with my Vudoo by way of chassis system. I was originally going to use a bedded Grayboe, but decided to use that stock for a 16" .308 that I use to shoot suppressed subsonic rounds. I ended up with an AICS AX (pre-2014) that matches what I set up for a PRS gun. Ended up mixing and matching the sets so that the barrel length would be accomodated.

Now I just need to get glass and actually start shooting... *smh* Kinda feeling dumb for having all the gear (sans glass), having not shot a match yet.
Great combo...for both training and matches.

What glass you thinking about?

I have a IOR Recon that will probably go on the 308. Just need to find something that has a similar reticle. (Floating center dot w/ Christmas Tree in Mils).

The Athlon ETR seems to be similar but I would really be up for anything. just need to find a good deal since I just broke the bank with all this other stuff! LoL

I have a IOR Recon that will probably go on the 308. Just need to find something that has a similar reticle. (Floating center dot w/ Christmas Tree in Mils).

The Athlon ETR seems to be similar but I would really be up for anything. just need to find a good deal since I just broke the bank with all this other stuff! LoL

I preordered an ETR thru @gr8fuldoug at cameraland and was very impressed with their prices, give them a call!

I have moved from a Gen 2 to Midas Tac. I will be getting an ETR when they come out.

ETR on order…… hoping it meets my objectives as well as the specs do!

Hey bjay, what height rings are holding that NF Comp? I'm gonna mount mine, but I wasn't able to use lows for my 34mm Razors, 1" minimum for bolt handle throw. Thinking 30mm lows might work for the NF Comp? Thx. Here's my left sinister--ready for some plinking manana!
SiSJKgS1IJ-CCHTSLzOqeJq1Jtq6-W4qtZg21pWy1p0utnE5xVK72jOBEzA_PU8P_QsOmc0DmqLryT5yAqE-Z9wv2r6_wcFb051eUAyPqRZVhYkI0FiEt0C8i14BmgVbzuDvL9bAcGnlwjhW-GrOAcw6r1ZrPMd4Ty5wDcuL63_q8M8bmuqtKDembtJ-wDP-mvBCJ2EPpeW3YVeRJ1iiLjKyDN4vAunMz5WrSgFw0E8Lqp1GY9PoIDMidkBXjErQOkwpBmM0Fz8utVeo-xzRcLs-KS01Gu4SUTuU6veSKU5ydI3l8Ba1Pdfh-Ww-fKMRGYo06XefqnNy_dRFtohDhk2D10dl2ocnLGjGnqss2lZhcj0IdwY-voGb4ayXIoftEPOJUd7ZhcWm4gLRt0pta29GRtWWfHdnPW230jFqIiNVMTKYlIUnQD-yg3dflY6dpZU30z3zH9QspjHxwT2efJiAQL279CviH4Im27cgWhzFuntMWwCTpC6gcsd8Wg_66RyXSghvvQiYSecvOxd4R5GZ0UFlb1b7mTdICEzY3muWNayJVvTs7eBrjkp53EiWrR3wF7nOsiJ-8Se2Hh0zPBTKpjk28LP9fxJ5MCc=w1263-h947-no

Hey bjay, what height rings are holding that NF Comp? I'm gonna mount mine, but I wasn't able to use lows for my 34mm Razors, 1" minimum for bolt handle throw. Thinking 30mm lows might work for the NF Comp? Thx. Here's my left sinister--ready for some plinking manana!
SiSJKgS1IJ-CCHTSLzOqeJq1Jtq6-W4qtZg21pWy1p0utnE5xVK72jOBEzA_PU8P_QsOmc0DmqLryT5yAqE-Z9wv2r6_wcFb051eUAyPqRZVhYkI0FiEt0C8i14BmgVbzuDvL9bAcGnlwjhW-GrOAcw6r1ZrPMd4Ty5wDcuL63_q8M8bmuqtKDembtJ-wDP-mvBCJ2EPpeW3YVeRJ1iiLjKyDN4vAunMz5WrSgFw0E8Lqp1GY9PoIDMidkBXjErQOkwpBmM0Fz8utVeo-xzRcLs-KS01Gu4SUTuU6veSKU5ydI3l8Ba1Pdfh-Ww-fKMRGYo06XefqnNy_dRFtohDhk2D10dl2ocnLGjGnqss2lZhcj0IdwY-voGb4ayXIoftEPOJUd7ZhcWm4gLRt0pta29GRtWWfHdnPW230jFqIiNVMTKYlIUnQD-yg3dflY6dpZU30z3zH9QspjHxwT2efJiAQL279CviH4Im27cgWhzFuntMWwCTpC6gcsd8Wg_66RyXSghvvQiYSecvOxd4R5GZ0UFlb1b7mTdICEzY3muWNayJVvTs7eBrjkp53EiWrR3wF7nOsiJ-8Se2Hh0zPBTKpjk28LP9fxJ5MCc=w1263-h947-no
Its .885 (low)

Reactions: StrayDog
Ravage88

Any thoughts on spinning a 17HMR barrel on one of the actions? I have not measured it to see if there is enough. ARC Barloc and a 17HMR barrel would be awesome on little varmints!

I ran about 150-200 rounds down the tube today. To say I was impressed would be an understatement. This rifle will run with my Anschutz 1813 free rifle. It sucks the TT Diamond didn't come yet. Im hating the rifle basic I have in it. No issues with feeding or ejecting. I used Eley Black and Eley EPS. At 200 the wind started to kill my groups. At 50 yards sub 1/2 no problem many 1/4 moa. At 100 sub 3/4 moa even in wind. Very happy customer.

Seekins rings med, its a Manners T4A Elite, and I believe it has a mini chassis as well. Ill have to look its my first manners.

Ravage88

Any thoughts on spinning a 17HMR barrel on one of the actions? I have not measured it to see if there is enough. ARC Barloc and a 17HMR barrel would be awesome on little varmints!

Missed,
I'm working on a .17 cal project and will have more to report. The HMR is too long for the current magazine....

MB

Missed,
I'm working on a .17 cal project and will have more to report. The HMR is too long for the current magazine....

MB
Is the bolt travel sufficient for it? I'll be a tester!!! I want a 17 for small varmints, quick barrel change with the Barloc.....

I was able to take the Vudoo out for the first time today. I used a temporary optic (Athlon Ares BTR 2.5-15) till I can find something else. I am super excited about what this gun was doing right out of the gate! (You'll have to pardon the wear on the AAC Element 2... The finish didn't hold up well to Hoppes #9)

20180710_095125.jpg

I tested 12 varieties of ammo and settled on 7 that seemed to have the best initial performance. Granted, I am relatively new to bench shooting and the humidity was causing my glasses to fog so I kept breaking my cheek weld. Otherwise some of these might have been tighter. I did not clean the gun from the factory and I ran about 25 rounds of Remington Thunderbolt through just to test the functionality. Maybe that's not the correct way to test... just not sure. Too many opinions out there to know what's right.

Here's my data from the top 7 ammo brands that I had on hand:

Screen_Hunter_673_Jul_11_12_13.jpg

I am seeing that Federal UM22 is on sale in some places for around $8.00 a box. If it continues to produce sub quarter minute of angle, that's amazing!

Here are some pics of the UM22 and Tenex groups:

Screen_Hunter_672_Jul_11_12_07.jpg

Screen_Hunter_671_Jul_11_12_07.jpg