• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• Site updates coming next Wednesday at 8am CT!

The site will be down for routine maintenance on Wednesday 6/5 starting at 8am CT. If you have any questions, please PM alexj-12!

Vudoo Gun Works V-22 Rimfire Bolt Action

It was a Specter,( 1:205 breech, .675 muzzle 18") barreled action. Weight and cost are unknown as I can't get my grubby mitts on it yet

I'm just patiently waiting for my rifle ordered in late May, the Athlon Ares ETR, and a Larue QD bipod setup.

"Patiently" may be a slightly sarcastic description.

Has anyone requested a single shot for 3 position or prone matches? Seems like a nice platform for it.

Has anyone requested a single shot for 3 position or prone matches? Seems like a nice platform for it.
Out of curiosity what is advantage of single shot for those types of shooting w/ .22 lr?

Out of curiosity what is advantage of single shot for those types of shooting w/ .22 lr?
In theory the single action rifles are more rigid resulting in higher accuracy. In some games a single shot is required, or have to single load your rifle. Many of the single shot rifles are built to be drop fed like that also. I thought there was talk about a single shot action, or single shot sled for the actions.

Here’s a little something to get things going again.

CA3C3DD5-0847-4A88-8E26-AD6EF7052676.jpeg

In theory the single action rifles are more rigid resulting in higher accuracy. In some games a single shot is required, or have to single load your rifle. Many of the single shot rifles are built to be drop fed like that also. I thought there was talk about a single shot action, or single shot sled for the actions.
Technically the way Mike designed the V-22 action and magazine, the bolt captures the round out of the magazine and feeds it into the chamber as cleanly as a single shot design. At least that's my understanding.

So this thread has gotten quiet as of late. Does that mean the the flurry of initial orders is over?

Hey Quickdraw, valid observation but lots of shooting happening for lots of folks. The Vudoo crew just returned from the ELR event in MT and seeing lots of rimfire shooting activity across the country. Orders still rolling strong, brought another machine online, meeting delivery schedules and working on new stuff everyday. No rest for the weary my friend....

MB

Yessir, the single shot requests have ramped up. I did the receiver design at the same time the repeater receiver was done, just working on a few small parts. There's also an option to single feed the current repeater, but none of these components are in production yet.

MB

Yessir, the single shot requests have ramped up. I did the receiver design at the same time the repeater receiver was done, just working on a few small parts. There's also an option to single feed the current repeater, but none of these components are in production yet.

MB

Single shot blank/sled for current repeater would be great, next prone match is in Oct so you have plenty of time to get those designed and manufactured :cool: and put me down for 1.

The lack of posts on the V-22's is a GOOOD THING!!!! I think it means the there are no problems with these fine guns.

Now if my shooting buddy will get done with is V-22 build I'm really interested in seeing how his performs. I have fondled is barreled action and it was a piece of metal art!

As to the single shot V-22, I don;'t see that as a great marketing move as there are number of actions out that are already single shots. But the adapter to allow single loading sounds like a great idea for those that have or want a V-22 with that capability.

Hey Quickdraw, valid observation but lots of shooting happening for lots of folks. The Vudoo crew just returned from the ELR event in MT and seeing lots of rimfire shooting activity across the country. Orders still rolling strong, brought another machine online, meeting delivery schedules and working on new stuff everyday. No rest for the weary my friend....

MB

Yeah, I know, i was part of a few of those orders this week. Hope to have that 1st order from a few months ago soon as well. I just needed my fix of Vudoo for the week. It worked.

Reactions: RAVAGE88
The lack of posts on the V-22's is a GOOOD THING!!!! I think it means the there are no problems with these fine guns.

Now if my shooting buddy will get done with is V-22 build I'm really interested in seeing how his performs. I have fondled is barreled action and it was a piece of metal art!

I think these rifles are breeders. One shows up at a range and a few months later there are 10. That is the real sign of quality and performance.

Reactions: RAVAGE88
Thanks for the reply

Anyone else running a suppressor on their Vudoo? I sent in my paperwork for a Silencerco Sparrow in January when I ordered the rifle and it just came back last week.

Eley Match has always shot well for me, but I've been having trouble getting good groups with the new lot. Last evening I shot a couple groups at 100 yards with and without the suppressor. I'm pleased I found the cause of my loss of precision, but disappointed the suppressor is the cause.

Attachments

• Eley_Match_without.jpg
    Eley_Match_without.jpg
    26.9 KB · Views: 109
  • Eley_Match_with.jpg
    Eley_Match_with.jpg
    30.6 KB · Views: 94
Reactions: bhoges
Anyone else running a suppressor on their Vudoo? I sent in my paperwork for a Silencerco Sparrow in January when I ordered the rifle and it just came back last week.

Eley Match has always shot well for me, but I've been having trouble getting good groups with the new lot. Last evening I shot a couple groups at 100 yards with and without the suppressor. I'm pleased I found the cause of my loss of precision, but disappointed the suppressor is the cause.

I have been planning on finishing one of my form 1 cans or getting a TBAC takedown for mine. That is unfortunate to see that much change with the can. What barrel profile do you have? Did you check alignment before shooting?

The barrel is a 20 inch MTU-V ... no I have not checked alignment. This is my first suppressor. How do I check alignment? I did make sure it was not loose.

Dang, that's not encouraging! I ordered an Amtac Fireant, mainly because the Vudoo guys recommended it. It's taken a month to get it shipped to my dealer, and they still don't have it, so I have no idea when I'll see it.

I hope you get it sorted out 4sfed!

Suppressor issues aside ... you won't be disappointed in the gun!

You might try some different ammo just to see if the same thing happens or if it's only related to that ammo. I hope to have my vudoo ship this week, so I can't really comment on it specifically yet, but I dont see group size change with or without a can on my Anschutz 64 MPR. Using Lapua Center X and SK Match Rifle / Wolf Extra and a Sico Spectre II. Groups typically average in the .3-.4" range at 50 yd.

I am using several different cans (TBAC, Jet, SiCo x 2, TAC-52) on my Vudoo and Elrod 40Xs. There is a chance in POI, but no decrease in accuracy.

You might try some different ammo just to see if the same thing happens or if it's only related to that ammo.

I was testing ammo (Lapua Center-X, Midas+, Tenex and a new lot of Eley Match) with the suppressor when I discovered this. All were grouping in the .8 range at 100 yards. My first lot of Eley did much better ... even though Tenex is supposed to be a higher quality version of Eley Match. After removing the suppressor it shot a .35 group at 100 yards. Looks like this lot of Eley is as good as the first ... and I'll be shooting the match this weekend without the Sparrow.

I can't really comment on it specifically yet, but I dont see group size change with or without a can on my Anschutz 64 MPR. Using Lapua Center X and SK Match Rifle / Wolf Extra and a Sico Spectre II. Groups typically average in the .3-.4" range at 50 yd.

I ran out of daylight before I could do any "with/without" testing with the Lapua ammo, but that's on the agenda. I also have a friend with another suppressor that will be part of the testing.

I was testing ammo (Lapua Center-X, Midas+, Tenex and a new lot of Eley Match) with the suppressor when I discovered this. All were grouping in the .8 range at 100 yards. My first lot of Eley did much better ... even though Tenex is supposed to be a higher quality version of Eley Match. After removing the suppressor it shot a .35 group at 100 yards. Looks like this lot of Eley is as good as the first ... and I'll be shooting the match this weekend without the Sparrow.

I ran out of daylight before I could do any "with/without" testing with the Lapua ammo, but that's on the agenda. I also have a friend with another suppressor that will be part of the testing.

Definitely post an update when you get the time.

Reactions: Ric O'shay
Are they doing a 22" ace mtu as well?
Last time i spoke with paul he mentioned besides bartlein their other choice of barrel only comes with 20" max.
If paul can do 22-24" none threaded ( hawaii cant use suppressor anyway) i would do another v22
Hint hint paul and cole at vudoo ;)?

More testing with a suppressor ... 100 yards from a bench with bipod and rear bag.

I've now tried SK, Center-X, Midas+, Eley Match and Tenex. The pattern is always the same ... precision is always better without a suppressor.

One of the lower targets was shot with the Sparrow and the other with a borrowed suppressor. The patterns are different, but precision was not improved.

I sent a note to Vudoo with my results this afternoon. I think it's likely barrel harmonics, but we'll see what Paul has to say.

suppressor.jpg

All the groups I posted previously were shot with a suppressor (AAC Element 2) from 50 yards. Had several groups that were .2 moa (or less). I'll try to stretch out to 100 and see what the comparable group size is to yours if that helps.

More testing with a suppressor ... 100 yards from a bench with bipod and rear bag.

I've now tried SK, Center-X, Midas+, Eley Match and Tenex. The pattern is always the same ... precision is always better without a suppressor.

One of the lower targets was shot with the Sparrow and the other with a borrowed suppressor. The patterns are different, but precision was not improved.

I sent a note to Vudoo with my results this afternoon. I think it's likely barrel harmonics, but we'll see what Paul has to say.

View attachment 6930332

Harmonics will make a difference but that's pretty crazy. What barrel and length do you have?

I checked concentricity between the threads and the bore ... no more than 0.0005 TIR. I clamped an indicator holder to the thread protector and rotated the thread protector to measure runout.

runout.jpg

Reactions: bjay
That's a head scratcher. I just can't see a 6 0z can causing groups to go from one ragged hole to 2+ moa unless the bullet was hitting the baffles or something.

View attachment 6930332
Mine Vudoo with a can does very similar. Can is a Liberty Kodiak.

Just a crazy thought guys, but try this:

Weigh your cans and then take that same amount of weight and attach it to the muzzle. See what happens with the groups. Or you can try tuning the can by adding small amount of weight incrementally, or just use a little weight and move it along the length of the can and see what happens. It will tell you if it is barrel harmonics or something with how the bullet is flying through your can. Also you may want to make sure the can is super clean and give it a try. All easy things to test...

I've disassembled the can, inspected and cleaned it twice in 300 rounds. There's no evidence of a baffle strike. The latest tests were made with a clean can.

Weigh your cans and then take that same amount of weight and attach it to the muzzle. See what happens with the groups.

I like this idea. I know that small changes in the adjustment of a barrel tuner can make big changes in group sizes. The weight of the Sparrow is a lot more than a tuner.

I'm wondering if adding some additional weight to the can, or one of the barrel dampers could work this out. I'm wondering if the harmonics issue is more in the can than the barrel. really a MTU, Kirku, Palma contour on a 22 should have very limited movement and subsequent harmonics. Since many of the 22 cans are very light and possibly not built to the tolerances and standards of CF cans the affect could be greater when we're still expecting one ragged hole.

Another line of thought is what is the ammo speed with and without? Is the bullet in the transonic range while going through the suppressor? I should have my can done this weekend and will try it out.

I'm wondering if adding some additional weight to the can, or one of the barrel dampers could work this out. I'm wondering if the harmonics issue is more in the can than the barrel. really a MTU, Kirku, Palma contour on a 22 should have very limited movement and subsequent harmonics. Since many of the 22 cans are very light and possibly not built to the tolerances and standards of CF cans the affect could be greater when we're still expecting one ragged hole.

Another line of thought is what is the ammo speed with and without? Is the bullet in the transonic range while going through the suppressor? I should have my can done this weekend and will try it out.

The bullet is subsonic exiting the muzzle.