• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Vudoo Gun Works V-22 Rimfire Bolt Action

i-FL2Hq6t-L.jpg

8 rounds of CCI SV at 50 yds, 5-7 mph cross wind, Atlas bipod and rear bag. 8th round is at 4 o'clock, I just don't know when to quit! :cautious:

That's great shooting Sieg!

I thought I'd read where the Vudoo's didn't handle CCI SV well due to the tight tolerances.

Impressive!
My V22 handles the CCI SV just fine. I practice with it all the time. But for matches...it's usually SK Standard Plus. The SK seems to be more consistent.

Reactions: Sieg
That's great shooting Sieg!

I thought I'd read where the Vudoo's didn't handle CCI SV well due to the tight tolerances.

Impressive!
Thanks Rolltide,

I'm new to paper punching, always been a varmint hunter and plinker of small things. I used to play golf seriously and the two activities have many disciplines in common.

The SV still tosses a few flyers but so do I. I'm nearing 1K rounds through the rifle and the SV seems to be shooting tighter every outing. Barrel break-in, me learning the rifle's preferences, and learning how to read and time the wind and mirage conditions.

This was done w/ SV @ 100, the other two rounds were low center and right because shot during a gust testing a wind reversal from 2 o'clock to 7 o'clock. Typically SV flyers I experience tend to be high.
i-QZbdcmC-L.jpg

This was SK Std+ @ 100 and
I was working hard against the wind and mirage.
i-r59xzJm-L.jpg

One thing is certain - I could not be more pleased with my Vudoo purchase!

I've yet to shoot anything other than CCI SV and SK Std+. When my Athlon scope arrives I'll start testing with serious ammunition.

The voodoo shoots the CCI SV great, it is just a little tight when closing the bolt and will not extract unless it is shot, at least on my rifle. This is due to the match chamber and the rim thickness of the CCI. All 3 types of SK ammo I've shot not only shoot well but have zero issues chambering and extracting. So far the CCI SV and SK Standard Plus have performed the best for us. I just got a brick of Lapua Center-X to test tomorrow.

Reactions: bjay
I haven't experienced any extraction issues with CCI SV, yes on the tight closing bolt.

I have my Vudoo on order. Help me with scopes... I have a NF SHV on my 308 and was thinking another NF on my Vudoo, but don't have $3000 to spend on a scope. For $1100, I can get the 5-20x56mm SHV. Is there another scope I should consider, for that budget? I'm going with the 20MOA rail on my Vudoo, and figure I'll have to limit my yardage to 300-400 yards.

Check with Paul once you get your scope decision made but you may want to go with a 30moa rail. The rifle will stretch out there a ways and you'll probably want that extra 10moa. We mounted a Vortex PST II 5-25x50 FFP on my wife's rifle. I may be putting a Vortex AMG on mine with an even more radical base.

Reactions: Bulletsmith
F the 20 moa base.

Go 30 moa and Burris XTR Tactical rings with the inserts.

SWFA 10x Milquad and no other.

I went with a 30moa rail and have the new Athlon Ares ETR moa 4.5-30x56 on order. 34mm tube allows 110moa elevation and windage, 25 yds parallax. So far the early tests are positive, some question the small center dot on the MRAD reticle.

MOA reticle uses a + vs a small dot.
i-PxpQvS5-L.png

Reactions: rj112275
The Vudoo keeps making me smile!

100 yds w/ SK Standard+ Atlas bipod Caldwell rear bag mild winds shooting over a creek.
i-xd94qzZ-M.jpg

Best firearm I've purchased in 45 years. (y)

With that 30 MOA rail and scope combo were you able to zero at 25 yards?

This is the exact setup I have waiting for my rifle.

That was meant for QuickDraw but the quote fiction didn’t work in my phone for some reason.

FWIW - I didn't have an issue with the borrowed SIG Tango4 6-24 on mine. Scope to bore centerline is 2.6.

With that 30 MOA rail and scope combo were you able to zero at 25 yards?

This is the exact setup I have waiting for my rifle.

That was meant for QuickDraw but the quote fiction didn’t work in my phone for some reason.

I zero at 50yards. I setup the PST II on my wife's Vudoo to be able to dial down .5mil before it hits the Zero Stop. To shoot 25 yards is .2mil down. This setup still gives her 20.5mil of elevation travel. This would tell me that there isn't much left in the down adjustment which is just wasted adjustment anyway. That is interesting because she has a total of 21mils of elevation in a scope listed to have 20mils of elevation. Including the 10mil in the reticle her rifle will be able to get out to just short of 500 yards.

This is of interest to me when my rifle is finished. I plan to stretch it out a bit.

My Vudoo just keeps raising the damn bar!

5@50yds with CCI SV no less. .112" x .165" center to center.

i-MNj8fNK-L.jpg

So many factors have to align to get a group like this, luck being one. Timing wind and mirage, the uniformity of the rounds put in the mag, etc.

Either way this rifle just keeps exceeding my exceptions in every way. Thank you to everyone at Vudoo Gun Works. (y)

I zero at 50yards. I setup the PST II on my wife's Vudoo to be able to dial down .5mil before it hits the Zero Stop. To shoot 25 yards is .2mil down. This setup still gives her 20.5mil of elevation travel. This would tell me that there isn't much left in the down adjustment which is just wasted adjustment anyway. That is interesting because she has a total of 21mils of elevation in a scope listed to have 20mils of elevation. Including the 10mil in the reticle her rifle will be able to get out to just short of 500 yards.

This is of interest to me when my rifle is finished. I plan to stretch it out a bit.

Thanks man. I was wondering how I can get .5 mills down like my razor has.

If you don’t mind how did you set that up. I have looked at it and probably need to just go out and shoot it to figure it out.

I just received a 60MOA rail from Long Range Only. Hopefully going to get it to 600yds this Saturday. I was able to hit the 500yd plate but it took all of the elevation + holding on line 25 in my Vortex Razor 4.5x27

Thanks man. I was wondering how I can get .5 mills down like my razor has.

If you don’t mind how did you set that up. I have looked at it and probably need to just go out and shoot it to figure it out.

The instructions on the PST II say to dial all of the way down to the zero stop, take off the cap, loosen the inner turret set screws and then zero the scope. I just dial down to the zero stop and back up 5 clicks before I take off the turret cap, loosen the inner turret set screws and zero. Put the turret cap back on at zero and you have 5 clicks below zero. I just like having the option of a few clicks below zero like my AMG has.

This will be going to the range with me this weekend.
Vudoo Barreled action
Area 419 Bolt knob
Masterpiece Arms BA competition Chassis
TriggerTech (set at 10oz)
APA rings
Kahles 10x50x56
PICTURES TO FOLLOW ( THIS IS MY 1ST POST ON HERE)

I just received a 60MOA rail from Long Range Only. Hopefully going to get it to 600yds this Saturday. I was able to hit the 500yd plate but it took all of the elevation + holding on line 25 in my Vortex Razor 4.5x27

I believe that Vudoo is now making 60moa rails as well. I'm having my rifle built with a 30moa rail and then going to pickup a 60moa rail for those special occasions once I get a scope combination figured out. There aren't many scopes out there that can get a 25y zero while using a 60moa scope. A friend and I had that conversation with Paul and Jay when we went up to pickup my wife's rifle. They were very knowledgeable on the subject and my friend ordered a scope from Vudoo Gun Works at the same time for his new rifle.

I tried to do a search here before posting but didn’t see anything yet.

Has anyone swapped the barrel from the barreled action and installed a new barrel? Just received mine but my plan is to mimic my match rifle as much as possible with weight and length. My main question is.... is there a print for cutting the new barrel floating around with all the various measurements? He hasn’t asked me for anything but I’m just curious. Any insight helps. Thanks.

22s are weird. I bet you want someone who knows about air gauging a 22 to be part of your re-barrel or order the barreled action the length and weight you want from voodoo at the start.

22s are weird. I bet you want someone who knows about air gauging a 22 to be part of your re-barrel or order the barreled action the length and weight you want from voodoo at the start.

My Smith is familiar with 22s, but this is his first Vudoo in the shop. Just figured if there was any info out there to give him, I’d do him the favor.

I tried ordering the BA from Vudoo how I ultimately wanted it but they couldn’t/wouldn’t do it. I got the BA instead of the just the action so my smith would have a reference when doing the work.

My Smith is familiar with 22s, but this is his first Vudoo in the shop. Just figured if there was any info out there to give him, I’d do him the favor.

I tried ordering the BA from Vudoo how I ultimately wanted it but they couldn’t/wouldn’t do it. I got the BA instead of the just the action so my smith would have a reference when doing the work.

Looking at mine the only somewhat tricky thing is getting the extractor relief cuts timed properly. Other than that it looks like a pretty standard tenon thread, and there isn't even any relief of the breach face like a centerfire. I'm not a gunsmith, just an engineer, but to me it looks pretty simple. The only reason I didnt let my gunsmith do it is because I was told by vudoo that half of the gunsmiths that tried to make barrels couldn't do it and ended up sending the actions back. Looking at it though, I cant understand why.

Looking at mine the only somewhat tricky thing is getting the extractor relief cuts timed properly. Other than that it looks like a pretty standard tenon thread, and there isn't even any relief of the breach face like a centerfire. I'm not a gunsmith, just an engineer, but to me it looks pretty simple. The only reason I didnt let my gunsmith do it is because I was told by vudoo that half of the gunsmiths that tried to make barrels couldn't do it and ended up sending the actions back. Looking at it though, I cant understand why.

I did the exact same thing for the same reasons. Appreciate the insight.

Reactions: 17rupert
I got my vudoo v22 in yesterday, and just took it out for testing in my back yard range. 20" MTU Ace barrel, SiCo Spectre II suppressor, Lapua Center X. These are the first three groups at 50 yd after sighting in and putting 20 fouling rounds through it.

Side note, the XLR mag catch makes the mag sit too low, I will need to do something about that...

Attachments

• 20180824_080241.jpg
    20180824_080241.jpg
    822 KB · Views: 167
  • 20180824_080311.jpg
    20180824_080311.jpg
    516.8 KB · Views: 166
  • 20180824_080318.jpg
    20180824_080318.jpg
    563.6 KB · Views: 119
  • 20180824_080314.jpg
    20180824_080314.jpg
    522 KB · Views: 127
Wolf Match Extra @ 50 yards

Attachments

• 20180824_112042.jpg
    20180824_112042.jpg
    422.2 KB · Views: 77
  • 20180824_112050.jpg
    20180824_112050.jpg
    448.5 KB · Views: 84
  • 15351281042223281858609089286749.jpg
    15351281042223281858609089286749.jpg
    630.4 KB · Views: 80
Reactions: rj112275
I tried to do a search here before posting but didn’t see anything yet.

Has anyone swapped the barrel from the barreled action and installed a new barrel? Just received mine but my plan is to mimic my match rifle as much as possible with weight and length. My main question is.... is there a print for cutting the new barrel floating around with all the various measurements? He hasn’t asked me for anything but I’m just curious. Any insight helps. Thanks.

I'll help you/your 'smith with whatever info you need, shoot me a PM.

MB

MB

Awesome customer service right there.

With that said, with the results I have had I am 100% positive that letting you guys do the barrel was the right choice even though I may have preferred a longer barrel. I have had several $3000+ smallbore rifles and this one easily shoots as good or better and costs a good deal less.

MB

That’s awesome. Thank you! No regrets picking up the barreled action at all but a carbon copy of the match rifle is a goal of mine for optimal practice with weight and balance.

24" mtu was what I would have ordered if available but after using the 20" I have no desire to change it. It balances fine on props and is plenty heavy.

24" mtu was what I would have ordered if available but after using the 20" I have no desire to change it. It balances fine on props and is plenty heavy.

Gotcha, that makes sense now, we don't have enough demand for the longer barrels so we don't stock the blanks. Longer blanks are special order and it increases delivery time and we've been asked to do very few longer than 20". I run an 18" and have a 16" that I'll put on every now and then.

MB

To you guys who're shooting SK Pistol Match Special - it's loaded to slightly higher velocity than the regular Pistol Match, and from what I've heard, doesn't shoot as well as the regular. Was told about that by a fellow who shoots a lot of the PM over on RFC, so took him at his word and never bought any of the special. No reason to regret it either - std Pistol Match shoots very good out of all three of my precision repeaters - Benchmark 3-groove, Lilja titebore, and two different Kriegers.

When I barreled the two CMP 40X & XB rifles that Jonathan Elrod converted into repeaters for me, I ordered Benchmark 3-groove & Lilja titebore blanks in Rem Varmint/Sendero contour, both to finish at 26". Thought process was that I wanted balance & weight mimicking my CF Bighorn comp rifles which also have 26" bbls. After having a 22" Krieger on the Stiller 2500XR that I built before the 40Xs, I really, really regretted going with those two 26" bbls. So much so that I replaced the Lilja on the 40XB with another 22" Krieger. Both Benchmark & Lilja told me that cutting those 26" bbls shorter than the finished length I'd ordered would void the accuracy warranty, as they both lap a little choke into the muzzle at that ordered finish length. I went with another Krieger at 22" when I barreled the V-22 action I bought after selling the Stiller rifle, and again, would not go with anything longer. I keep thinking about cutting the Benchmark back to 20" or 22", warranty or no. It's just too darned heavy & awkward when shooting around barricades or ports. It's either cut it back & take my chances on the accuracy, or replace it with a shorter bbl, or sell it.

I put my Kukri 18" Vudoo w/ SIG Tango4, KRG Bravo, spigot, and Atlas V8 tripod on the scales today...... 11.8lbs. :eek:

Don't care as she's a portly sexy thing that delivers! (y)

Shot my first ever 100/200 yard benchrest match against some serious custom hardware today, finished third (only 9 shooters) with 958 17x, 1st 964 17x, 2nd 963 20x. 1st was shooting RWS R50, 2nd Lapua Midas+, I was shooting bipod and bag w/ CCI SV and loading 10 rounds in the mag. :geek:

When making a list of the priorities I had for my Vudoo I probably started with reliability, accuracy and consistency. After those 3 priorities there was a gap before I got into things like form and function and then another gap before coming into things like trying to duplicate my match centerfire rifle. Vudoo Gunworks designers and craftsmen handled my primary and secondary priorities perfectly before they ever brought this rifle to market. Choosing a quality chassis got me close enough in the categories of weight and balance to give me a good practice platform that crosses over into my centerfire world.

While my barrel is 6" shorter than my centerfire I'm not too concerned about that. I am more and in fact most concerned about having a very accurate rifle that runs perfectly. Because of that I went with the recommendations I got from Vudoo themselves on the barrel make, length and contour. My wife's Apparition is fantastic and I expect mine to be every bit as good once it's finished. I expect to be distracted from the fact that it will be 6" shorter and 2 pounds lighter because I plan to be too busy banging steel with in and reloading.

I could always just put my can on it.

Reactions: Sieg
I put my Kukri 18" Vudoo w/ SIG Tango4, KRG Bravo, spigot, and Atlas V8 tripod on the scales today...... 11.8lbs. :eek:

Don't care as she's a portly sexy thing that delivers! (y)

Shot my first ever 100/200 yard benchrest match against some serious custom hardware today, finished third (only 9 shooters) with 958 17x, 1st 964 17x, 2nd 963 20x. 1st was shooting RWS R50, 2nd Lapua Midas+, I was shooting bipod and bag w/ CCI SV and loading 10 rounds in the mag. :geek:

What barrel make do you have. We put an 18" Kukori profiled Bartlein on my wife's rifle. I'm going with an 18" Kukori profile Ace barrel on mine. I know in talking to Jay at the shop that he thoroughly checks each barrel blank before cutting and chambering the barrels so I expect them to all shoot great. I'm just curious.

What barrel make do you have. We put an 18" Kukori profiled Bartlein on my wife's rifle. I'm going with an 18" Kukori profile Ace barrel on mine. I know in talking to Jay at the shop that he thoroughly checks each barrel blank before cutting and chambering the barrels so I expect them to all shoot great. I'm just curious.
I haven't checked to confirm whether it's their Ace or a Bartlein, based on Paul's input I told him either was fine. The way it's shooting CCI SV right now I don't care! :LOL:

I've tested SV, SK Std+, SK Rifle Match, SK Pistol Match Special, Tennex, and Federal GM Ultra so far and my first formal competition I went with CCI SV. Partially to give me an excuse, partially to prove that Vudoo is magic. ;)

Reactions: RAVAGE88
That’s awesome. Thank you! No regrets picking up the barreled action at all but a carbon copy of the match rifle is a goal of mine for optimal practice with weight and balance.

After practicing a bunch off of barricades yesterday, I found that the weight balance is too much to the rear using a JAE chassis and nothing like my comp gun that balances by itself. So, I stuck the bipod on it with the legs folded forward and strapped a 3 lb scuba weight to it and it now balances about perfect. You might try it before spending $600 on a new barrel, especially if the one you have shoots well.

https://www.diversdirect.com/scuba-...&utm_term=4580359283189988&utm_content=Mobile

After practicing a bunch off of barricades yesterday, I found that the weight balance is too much to the rear using a JAE chassis and nothing like my comp gun that balances by itself. So, I stuck the bipod on it with the legs folded forward and strapped a 3 lb scuba weight to it and it now balances about perfect. You might try it before spending $600 on a new barrel, especially if the one you have shoots well.

https://www.diversdirect.com/scuba-...&utm_term=4580359283189988&utm_content=Mobile

I appreciate the tip. My match gun is slightly different from most in the fact that I run a straight 1.250” 26” Length Barrel. It balances perfectly in an AX so my goal with the Vudoo is probably a little different than most.

Attachments

• B44A3A69-BFDC-48DA-B76D-3B75890CF99C.jpeg
    B44A3A69-BFDC-48DA-B76D-3B75890CF99C.jpeg
    393.7 KB · Views: 86
Looks like you found a way to mount the Magnetospeed to the chassis instead of the barrel. Care to share the details/photos?

BTW, nice shooting ... but I expect that from a Vudoo.

SK Rifle works well in mine. SK Std+ is good too.

The typical wind conditions at our range don't produce tight groups at 100-200 yds. The regional bench rest shooters say it's the toughest conditions of any in the Northwest.

Also interested in the chrono mount and shooting rest you were using.