• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• Site updates coming next Wednesday at 8am CT!

The site will be down for routine maintenance on Wednesday 6/5 starting at 8am CT. If you have any questions, please PM alexj-12!

Vudoo Gun Works V-22 Rimfire Bolt Action

Shoot some Tenex through that 1710 if you want to see what it is capable of...
I have been waiting for it to come on sale somewhere. Brownells has the Pistol and Biathlon Tenex for $15.99 right now but not the regular Tenex. Below is Eley Tenex Pistol along with Center-X. It shoots it about like everything else; which to me is fantastic. So far this gun shoots anything I put through it at least 1/2" or in most cases 3/8" on a fairly consistent basis. Keep in mind I don't shoot crap ammo. No HV ammo and no copper coated ammo. Yeah, call me superstitious. Also the inside of the barrel will never feel a bronze brush. I have wet/dry patched it, cleaned with a bore snake and sometimes with a nylon brush. I clean the carbon ring in the chamber with the VFG felt plugs and JB. I also keep up with round count, right now I have shot a grand total of 1,570.

1541472179628.png

CCI STD Velocity is some decent shooting ammo, I agree and was/is my go to practice ammo until Prime had their moving sale that made the sub-sonic a little bit cheaper than the CCI.

Check out this price per round performance. This is $2.00 a box CCI SV. Shot on multiple days .

View attachment 6966371View attachment 6966372View attachment 6966373View attachment 6966374View attachment 6966376

If money was no object I would shoot this all the time for its consistency.

View attachment 6966377

Over the past weekend I did a 5 Lot test with Center-X which is all the red dot targets. The green dot target is the Midas + above. The yellow dot target is CCI SV Case ammo that I have about 12,000 rounds left.

View attachment 6966380

Shot with this Anschutz 1710 XLR. Sorry Vudoo guys for crashing your thread. :ROFLMAO::coffee:

View attachment 6966383View attachment 6966384

Lol most Everyone I saw, Including myself, shot their Vudoos like that off a bipod, not a benchrest! ;) Kidding aside, no drought Anschutz have been the gold standard pure 22 precision.

Just incase you missed it, these are not just about the groups they produce; but the fact that we can run our same exact centerfire trigger, stock/chassis setup or even interchange them.. Havening the AICS style mags also inserts very fast and stows in our normal mag belt pouches..

I don't think it is capping on the thread, just completely missing the true VALUE of the V22s

Last edited:
Reactions: Travis T
jbell - I kinda thought you'd wind up with a V-22 sooner or later, and bidding on the donated rifle was a classy way to become a V-22 owner, even if only for a short while.

I'm very much looking forward to receiving the three bbl'd actions I've got on order - two for myself, the other for a friend & customer who wanted me to put one together for him that closely matches the M700/McM A5 in 6x47L I sold him a few years ago. I did a Krieger bbl for the V-22 I built for myself a year or so ago, so it's still got the flat breech face. After looking at the drawing for the hybrid coned breech, I realized I'd need to grind a rather large radiused cutting tool to cut the coned breech on my manual lathe, so if - after shooting the new Bartlein Kukri of the bbl'd action I'm waiting on - I decide it's a big advantage over the flat breech of my original bbl, I'll send that one to VGW & let them cut the cone. The other bbl'd action I ordered for myself is with an 18" Ranch contour bbl, the lightest one they do. It's going into a Manners EH2 stock, and will be a lighter rifle for walk-about carrying. Just hoping I'm finished with our corn harvest before these bbl'd actions arrive - it'll be hard to stay on the combine with them waiting for me in the shop...lol

Reactions: jbell
There is SK Pistol Match and SK Pistol Match Spezial. When people say SK Pistol Match they mean SK Pistol Match sensu stricto, i.e. not SK Pistol match Spezial.

The game is afoot. My reading of 6x5 V3.0 is Vudoo rules at 50 yd, Anschutz at 100 yd and CZ455 at 200 yd. You are shooting not only for personal bragging rights but weapon system bragging rights. Perhaps should be the top three scores for weapon system bragging rights. Anyway, win one for the Gipper.

The game is afoot. My reading of 6x5 V3.0 is Vudoo rules at 50 yd, Anschutz at 100 yd and CZ455 at 200 yd. You are shooting not only for personal bragging rights but weapon system bragging rights. Perhaps should be the top three scores for weapon system bragging rights. Anyway, win one for the Gipper.

I think what you’re seeing is what certain types of shooters are gravitating towards, not the inherent accuracy of the different brands.

My take, a lot of this buzz is about or kinda fed by the forming of the NRL22 - Positional shooting like PRS. It was kind of a perfect storm. The NRL22 targets are 25-100 yards. So naturally focusing on 50 yards seems like a good strategy.

I saw a lot of CZs then the Vudoos came — Otherwise certain set of the guys switched over to accurized 1022s thinking a semi auto has an advantage. It might in the one offhand stage every month; But nothing inspired me to shoot these matches like the V-22.

I let my entire squad use my V22 last match. Just glad I still high the high score - I would hate to get beat by my own gun and ammo

Last edited:
Reactions: Travis T
I think what you’re seeing is what certain types of shooters are gravitating towards, not the inherent accuracy of the different brands.

My take, a lot of this buzz is about or kinda fed by the forming of the NRL22 - Positional shooting like PRS. It was kind of a perfect storm. The NRL22 targets are 25-100 yards. So naturally focusing on 50 yards seems like a good strategy.

I saw a lot of CZs then the Vudoos came — Otherwise certain set of the guys switched over to accurized 1022s thinking a semi auto has an advantage. It might in the one offhand stage every month; But nothing inspired me to shoot these matches like the V-22.

I let my entire squad use my V22 last match. Just glad I still high the high score - I would hate to get beat by my own gun and ammo

Certainly don't want to be hoisted by your petard.

I have been waiting for it to come on sale somewhere. Brownells has the Pistol and Biathlon Tenex for $15.99 right now but not the regular Tenex. Below is Eley Tenex Pistol along with Center-X. It shoots it about like everything else; which to me is fantastic. So far this gun shoots anything I put through it at least 1/2" or in most cases 3/8" on a fairly consistent basis. Keep in mind I don't shoot crap ammo. No HV ammo and no copper coated ammo. Yeah, call me superstitious. Also the inside of the barrel will never feel a bronze brush. I have wet/dry patched it, cleaned with a bore snake and sometimes with a nylon brush. I clean the carbon ring in the chamber with the VFG felt plugs and JB. I also keep up with round count, right now I have shot a grand total of 1,570.

View attachment 6966450[/QUOTE
Do you use the VFG Cleaners for 22 caliber? Presuming the JB refers to the infamous JB Bore Paste, how do you prevent it from getting into the leade or rifling?

Dead Air Mask finally released from suppressor jail today. Still waiting for one more. It's been so long that I forgot all about it. Want to go out back and try it out but it's raining too hard now.

You won't be able to keep the JB away from the rifling. Some will get in there and I just push it out with a wet patch. I guess if you tried really had to keep it out or away you can but I have cleaned the 1710 XLR 4-5 times with the felts and JB and it still shoots as good as it did the first time I used them.

Dead Air Mask finally released from suppressor jail today. Still waiting for one more. It's been so long that I forgot all about it. Want to go out back and try it out but it's raining too hard now.

I ordered one yesterday since they have a promo going on, can't wait!

I don't think you can extrapolate that a particular brand / rifle is a better performer at a particular range based on the results of the 6X5.

FWIW - I did a quick 200yd ammo test today. 20 rnds each brand, no cleaning between brands, kept the times at 10-15 minutes per 20 rnds. Dealt with some mirage, shot through most of it unless it was a major boil. Got tricked a few times and made 5-8 questionable pulls.

I was shooting to somewhat replicate our 100/200yd matches that are 10 minutes for 10 rounds, unlimited sighters, two targets at 100, two and 200. I wanted to see what my average groups might look like with each brand.

Left to right, top to bottom: SK Rifle Match, SK Pistol Match, Center-X, RWS R50, and Tenex.
i-gnFT8BJ-L.jpg

Ideally additional fouling rounds would have probably tightened all the groups, on the Center-X group (top right) I made a couple of questionable shots considering mirage and wind conditions. Didn't have flags out to verify, just seat of the pants. This range has tricky swirling wind conditions that will make you crazy at times.

Happy to say the most expensive ammo wasn't the best performer....... today. ;)

What I want to know is what the wind was doing for each target. At 200 yards that is everything. Were the targets orientated as they are in the picture? Also what is the range you were shooting on like, any terrain features that will cause vertical dispersion from wind (like berms you have to shoot over)? With it being November now what was the air temp you were shooting in? There is a lot to take into consideration when testing 22lr ammo @ distances over 100 yards.

You won't be able to keep the JB away from the rifling. Some will get in there and I just push it out with a wet patch. I guess if you tried really had to keep it out or away you can but I have cleaned the 1710 XLR 4-5 times with the felts and JB and it still shoots as good as it did the first time I used them.
Thanks for the intel. VFG and JB ordered.

I don't think you can extrapolate that a particular brand / rifle is a better performer at a particular range based on the results of the 6X5.
Statement was TIC - Tongue-In-Cheek. I cannot say for supported shooting but for unsupported shooting, to state the blatantly obvious, the shooter is the most important component of the weapon system.

Reactions: jbell
That Center-X and R50 looks pretty good. How big is the center red bullseye?
Bull is 2". The Center-X looks real good if I was responsible for 3 or 4 of the extreme shots. For the price the SK Pistol has potential, though my rifle shoots CCI SV close to that.

What I want to know is what the wind was doing for each target. At 200 yards that is everything. Were the targets orientated as they are in the picture? Also what is the range you were shooting on like, any terrain features that will cause vertical dispersion from wind (like berms you have to shoot over)? With it being November now what was the air temp you were shooting in? There is a lot to take into consideration when testing 22lr ammo @ distances over 100 yards.
Orientation is as posted.

Range is on the right side of the photo, it sits at the base of a mountain range in small valley, creek crosses at 50 yds, berm at 125 yds. Temps were 52-55*, winds relatively mild 2-5 mph, sun with clouds, boiling mirage 15-20% of the time, didn't have flags out - they are on order. The wind really swirls at this range based on observing flags during cast bullet matches and the 100/200 rimfire matches I shoot, +/- vertical flyers are common .

i-KJp5sZg-L.png

i-mDG4NR2-L.jpg

i-D3gX8Kw-L.jpg

Rimfire ammunition and Mother Nature definitely keep it interesting. (y)

Sie
FWIW - I did a quick 200yd ammo test today. 20 rnds each brand, no cleaning between brands, kept the times at 10-15 minutes per 20 rnds. Dealt with some mirage, shot through most of it unless it was a major boil. Got tricked a few times and made 5-8 questionable pulls.

I was shooting to somewhat replicate our 100/200yd matches that are 10 minutes for 10 rounds, unlimited sighters, two targets at 100, two and 200. I wanted to see what my average groups might look like with each brand.

Left to right, top to bottom: SK Rifle Match, SK Pistol Match, Center-X, RWS R50, and Tenex.
i-gnFT8BJ-L.jpg

Ideally additional fouling rounds would have probably tightened all the groups, on the Center-X group (top right) I made a couple of questionable shots considering mirage and wind conditions. Didn't have flags out to verify, just seat of the pants. This range has tricky swirling wind conditions that will make you crazy at times.

Happy to say the most expensive ammo wasn't the best performer....... today. ;)

Sieg:

Most interesting results. I presume the POA was center of bullseye in all cases. What strikes me is not only the differences in precision but the differences in the offset of the group centers from POA for different ammunition. Any thoughts on relative importance of mirage, wind, muzzle velocity and BC ?

Reactions: ChefBoyarReid
Sie

Sieg:

Most interesting results. I presume the POA was center of bullseye in all cases. What strikes me is not only the differences in precision but the differences in the offset of the group centers from POA for different ammunition. Any thoughts on relative importance of mirage, wind, muzzle velocity and BC ?
POA is center of the dots I wrote POA on. The last smaller target when shooting Tenex I used the lower dot.

I forgot to add that I did a 1 moa right windage correction after shooting the first two targets. :(

Elevation setting didn't vary. Rifle is zero'd at 50, +6 moa for 100, +24 for 200. I shot a 100 yd target after the first two 200 targets.

Reading mirage is a challenge though it effects rimfire and centerfire the same. Wind can be anticipated with flags and effects rimfire much more than centerfire. Extreme spreads in muzzle velocity are what justify $20+ a box for .22lr. BC doesn't vary dramatically between most decent target ammunition.

Sometimes I feel I made a bargain with the devil for an education in physics. Exactly what constitutes "extreme spreads in muzzle velocity"? Are the differences in muzzle velocity sufficient to account for the vertical dispersion?

I hope all would agree to really know is to buy and use a LabRadar, not that expensive in overall scheme of things. However, when does going to the range become another day of work in the lab?

This Vudoo has become my favorite rifle, for so many reasons. Finally snuck out today to run a few types of ammo to check zero-shift.
Windy day, but some fun at 50yds and needed buniges to hold the targets on.
Rifle likes SK rifle match, Norma Tac, and R50 rifle match, but probably gonna stick with SK as it seems less overlubed.
Really hoping that NRL22 ramps up in ME soon!
1541617197046.png

1541617251953.png

This Vudoo has become my favorite rifle, for so many reasons. Finally snuck out today to run a few types of ammo to check zero-shift.
Rifle likes SK rifle match, Norma Tac, and R50 rifle match, but probably gonna stick with SK as it seems less overlubed.
View attachment 6967321
View attachment 6967322

What range are you at there? I have a line on a monthly 22lr shoot in NH.

They are a real pleasure to shoot aren't they!

Try some SK Pistol Match and CCI SV. SK Std+ and Rifle Match are a draw in mine, about equal to CCI SV, and Pistol Match Special wasn't.

Do you have the Ace or Bartlein barrel?

Barrel? I'll be ordering my Vudoo in a couple of weeks, Ace or Bartlein? Is one better than the other?

8 Aug 2018

Received my V22 yesterday and mounted it into my MPA BA with a Timney CE (straight). I’m building this rifle as a practice tool to simulate PRS work. Zeroed at 40 yards (apex) with CCI 40gr Standard Velocity (1070 FPS) Round Nose today.

The resultant groups are amazing. I am super happy with fit, finish, and function.

It is money well spent ... if you’re on the fence I suggest you get yours on order.

As an added bonus it arrived 2 weeks earlier than estimated and Jill is a pleasure to work with.

Excellent work Vudoo Gun Works ... A+++

Reactions: Sieg and RAVAGE88
Barrel? I'll be ordering my Vudoo in a couple of weeks, Ace or Bartlein? Is one better than the other?
I asked the question for my own personal data base so to speak. What I've observed so far is there is they both shoot comparably, so it's a coin flip. I have the 18" Ace.

One thing most high quality barrels appear to have in common is ease of cleaning, my gun after 250 rounds takes two dry patches to get a clean patch. Until this barrel I'd never owned one that could match that.... FWIW.

Carbon ring is real. It will reek havoc with accuracy and groups. Every once in a while that first few inches from the chamber forward needs a little extra love with a good cleaner. Both of my barrels, Bart,ein and Ace are very smooth and clean well easily.

Has anyone done the following experiments. Determined the accuracy, not precision, of a V22 in a chassis, say MPA Hybrid, with the accuracy in a composite stock without bedding, say the Grayboe Ridgeback, and a composite stock, again say the Grayboe Ridgeback, with bedding.

What do I mean by accuracy determination? Place a target at 50 yd with ten disks having diameter of 0.5". Shoot 5 rounds at each disk. If the center of each round lies inside the appropriate disk you have a weapon system with 50 yd 1.0 MOA accuracy. Actually 0.96 MOA. Can go to 100 yd or 200 yd or a disk with diameter of 0.25" if you are a glutton for punishment.

I presume chassis do not have to be bedded because the action can be torqued so tightly there will "never" be differential movement. And if the receiver and the chassis are the same metal, there will be no difference in linear thermal expansion with temperature changes.

Not a bad idea at all, but I think this would have to be done by Ravage as most of us have Vudoo's in one stock that shoots so well we do not want to risk usetting it by removing it.

Also, if done I would want to see group sizes as opposed to hits on an aim point.

Has anyone done the following experiments. Determined the accuracy, not precision, of a V22 in a chassis, say MPA Hybrid, with the accuracy in a composite stock without bedding, say the Grayboe Ridgeback, and a composite stock, again say the Grayboe Ridgeback, with bedding.

What do I mean by accuracy determination? Place a target at 50 yd with ten disks having diameter of 0.5". Shoot 5 rounds at each disk. If the center of each round lies inside the appropriate disk you have a weapon system with 50 yd 1.0 MOA accuracy. Actually 0.96 MOA. Can go to 100 yd or 200 yd or a disk with diameter of 0.25" if you are a glutton for punishment.

I presume chassis do not have to be bedded because the action can be torqued so tightly there will "never" be differential movement. And if the receiver and the chassis are the same metal, there will be no difference in linear thermal expansion with temperature changes.

Pretty sure I read Vudoo actually saw an accuracy decrease when they bedded their actions into stocks. Sounds weird, but I’m 99% sure I saw that somewhere.

Not a bad idea at all, but I think this would have to be done by Ravage as most of us have Vudoo's in one stock that shoots so well we do not want to risk usetting it by removing it.

Also, if done I would want to see group sizes as opposed to hits on an aim point.

Shouldn’t be scared to remove the action from a stock or chassis. It’s easier for cleaning and with modern tolerances, there should be no issue with it returning to its original accuracy.

Myths are myths

When my V-22 barrel action plus trigger arrives will drop it in a MPA Hybrid Chassis. Shortly will order a Graytboe Ridgeback stock. Will transfer V-22 from MPA to Ridgeback then back to MPA. Call it a Return-to-Accuracy Experiment. I fully expect the V-22 to have 50yd 0.95MOA accuracy in all situations so no need to bed in the Ridgeback. Will use a Pappas Competition Bench Rest with Free Recoil for support and shoot in dead calm conditions.

I need enlightenment on why people shoot only for precision. Is it that usually targets used for accuracy shooting, which I think is commonly called score shooting, do not have a precisely defined aim point? Anyway for my experiments will use one of the two targets I designed. Perhaps neither will have a well enough defined AP or some other factor is in play.

Attachments

• TARTYPE-6.jpg
    TARTYPE-6.jpg
    182.4 KB · Views: 76
  • TARTYPE-7.jpg
    TARTYPE-7.jpg
    180.4 KB · Views: 79
View attachment 6967321
View attachment 6967322
Like that stock and color,Is that the greyboe terrane? How do you like that stock.

Reactions: Sieg
I cleaned mine yesterday. By the 3rd patch it was spotless. I scoped it and there is no carbon ring. This is my favorite rifle. Only bitch is closing the bolt is a little difficult. Ive been using Eley and I picked up Lapua Midas and Center X to test. Hope the weekend is good.

Seemingly no end of questions. RHR sells the Grayboe Ridgeback with one of two bottom metals, the Grayboe SA M5 DBM and the Mesa Precision Arms SA M5 DBM. I presume the Mesa would fit the V-22. Is there any significant difference between the two? Overall does not appear to be although Ridgeback plus Mesa not in stock at RHR while Ridgeback plus Grayboe is, for what that is worth.

I've read this entire thread over the months since it started. I don't recall anyone talking about the awesomeness inside these magazines. There is magic in each and every one.

Reactions: RAVAGE88
I've read this entire thread over the months since it started. I don't recall anyone talking about the awesomeness inside these magazines. There is magic in each and every one.
I thought so!!! I need to buy more mags!

I like that table, did you buy it as a plastic table and just remove the legs and start from there?
It's called a Booger Bench. I got the plans off the internet several years ago. It's just plywood and the legs are folding legs you can buy at the hardware store. Surprisingly stable. It's portable and fairly lightweight.

Reactions: huntingthem