• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Vudoo Gun Works V-22 Rimfire Bolt Action

I have always felt very comfortable with the AI platforms. I have had 1 AIAT chassis, 1 AIAT rifle, 2 AIAW's and many many barrels between them, so that is to say I have some time behind them. I prefer the AW style skins (thumb hole) a bit more than the AX or AT (pistol grip).

Thanks. I feel like I will miss the thumb shelf. There is some aftermarket options but they don't work with the non folding stocks. It's what I'm getting unless they find a McMillan that is right for me.

Can somebody post a picture of the case a complete Vudoo rifle comes in, inside and out, please? Trying to decide if I go with the Custom case, or just the regular one it comes in. Also, do you know the weight of the regular hard case? Thanks.

Your trigger is too heavy for what you're trying to do. i say this as a friend.

I seriously doubt that this gun has a CB problem.

T.S.

It's funny how a two pound trigger can move a 10 pound gun around. It has helped me get my system a little more solid though. I'm entertaining the option of a second trigger to use when squirrel season is out. I was actually thinking about sending the Huber back in for the 1.5# option with 50/50 giving me 12oz at the break.

I don't think there is a cb problem. My first group of the day the cb shot stands a little proud but it's not predictable. I think it's more of a cold Scootch problem. It takes me three groups to get the cobwebs cleaned out. I cannot really shoot prone anymore and I'm learning to shoot off a bench. I find bench shooting more difficult. Never really had any trouble holding the gun steady shooting prone and being able to load the bipod.

Now that I'm starting to be more consistent off the bench I'm going to set one of my targets aside for cb groups and track that for a while and see if that cb shot stops showing proud.

Be good.

Scootch

Dennis..... I found my V22.... Commerce City, CO, United States. they are estimating 5-29 to my dealer.
Dennis.... I have tracked down my Vudoo.... She is now stuck in the Kansas City UPS for the holiday. I hope to get her on the 29th. I hope she lives up to the high standards that people have claimed.

Dennis.... I have tracked down my Vudoo.... She is now stuck in the Kansas City UPS for the holiday. I hope to get her on the 29th. I hope she lives up to the high standards that people have claimed.

You won't be disappointed
I've put more hours (not rounds, of course I shoot my 22lr faster) then my other rifles combined since I bought it

It's funny how a two pound trigger can move a 10 pound gun around. It has helped me get my system a little more solid though. I'm entertaining the option of a second trigger to use when squirrel season is out. I was actually thinking about sending the Huber back in for the 1.5# option with 50/50 giving me 12oz at the break.

I don't think there is a cb problem. My first group of the day the cb shot stands a little proud but it's not predictable. I think it's more of a cold Scootch problem. It takes me three groups to get the cobwebs cleaned out. I cannot really shoot prone anymore and I'm learning to shoot off a bench. I find bench shooting more difficult. Never really had any trouble holding the gun steady shooting prone and being able to load the bipod.

Now that I'm starting to be more consistent off the bench I'm going to set one of my targets aside for cb groups and track that for a while and see if that cb shot stops showing proud.

Be good.

Scootch
2 pounds ?? I need to shoot 4 and 6 oz. I have a couple one pounders and they just wont do.

You won't be disappointed
I've put more hours (not rounds, of course I shoot my 22lr faster) then my other rifles combined since I bought it
I used to shoot Olympic air rifles so she has some high standards to meet. Not to be confused with shooting in the Olympics.
Air rifles were only cheaper than .22 in terms of ammo. Ultimately, it came down to shooting enjoyment. It surprises me that the .22 ammo varies so much in cost and in performance. The only way I could justify buying this 45-70 was if I got a .22lr liner for her.
Had I know about a Vudoo, I likely would have passed on the big bore. Don't get me wrong.... I really like the 45-70 but it does tie up a bunch of cash. and then I had to buy a scope and have it mounted.

Attachments

• Z2.jpg
    Z2.jpg
    58.7 KB · Views: 40
  • Z1.jpg
    Z1.jpg
    100.2 KB · Views: 31
  • Z3.jpg
    Z3.jpg
    64 KB · Views: 43
  • Z4.jpg
    Z4.jpg
    47.5 KB · Views: 45
  • DSC09865.JPG
    DSC09865.JPG
    561.5 KB · Views: 39
  • Z9.jpg
    Z9.jpg
    32.2 KB · Views: 43
Reactions: RS14
OK I picked it up now just have to put it together then get out and shoot it hopefully tomorrow :)

47933225163_0acb59497a_c.jpg

Chad
Looks nice..... Mine is stuck in Kansas City till the 29th. Now that I see yours, I don't know if mine is assembled or not.

Looks nice..... Mine is stuck in Kansas City till the 29th. Now that I see yours, I don't know if mine is assembled or not.

I purchased mine as a barreled action then all other parts separately. If you purchased a complete rifle it will come built.

Be good.

Scootch
What are you calling a CB flier? How far out is it? And at what range?

i-VQhzVkB-L.jpg

Picked up the new Trijicon AccuPower 5-50x56 for the V-22. After mounting and zeroing today there is nothing I don't like about this scope. Bright and crisp edge to edge with great color and contrast. Control function is excellent IMO.

i-thJFbTX-L.jpg

Floating dot MRAD SFP reticle with .05mil turrets. Illuminates red or green.
i-hzn9z2X-L.jpg

Aim small, hit small. ;)

Reactions: Scootch
i-VQhzVkB-L.jpg

Picked up the new Trijicon AccuPower 5-50x56 for the V-22. After mounting and zeroing today there is nothing I don't like about this scope. Bright and crisp edge to edge with great color and contrast. Control function is excellent IMO.

i-thJFbTX-L.jpg

i-hzn9z2X-L.jpg

Aim small, hit small. ;)

I like how they have the subtensions labeled for each magnification if it is etched into the reticle, great idea for a SFP scope!

I like how they have the subtensions labeled for each magnification if it is etched into the reticle, great idea for a SFP scope!
Yes, it's etched in the reticle.

what scope are these “on par” with.
Been thinking of putting one on a hunting rifle.
Becoming a magnification whore the last few years.
The 10x mag is nice.

what scope are these “on par” with.
Been thinking of putting one on a hunting rifle.
Becoming a magnification whore the last few years.
The 10x mag is nice.
People who have the 4.5-30x56 version have compared the glass quality to the Razor Gen2's. It's a step up from my Ares ETR which is respectable for the price IMO.

It will be nice not having to pack a spotting scope to the range. (y)

Shawn,
Well, I certainly hope your V-22 doesn't 'disappear' from the shipper's terminal before the 28th. I know, I sound paranoid. but it's gotten to the point where I hate to ship any firearm late in the week.

VGW ships V-22 bbl'd actions in a well-padded, foam-filled box with separate cut-outs for the bbl'd action, bolt, scope rail, and magazines. I've never bought a complete rifle from them, so don't know how they're boxed. As good as some shippers have become at breaking stuff, I'd prefer to have a complete rifle shipped with the bbl'd action out of the stock. At any rate, I sure hope it comes to your door in very good shape, and that you're able to get it out, into a stock (or chassis), scope mounted, and to the shooting spot of your choice as quickly as possible - and that when you get there, the conditions are pleasant enough for you to tell right away how the new rig shoots....

Shawn,
Well, I certainly hope your V-22 doesn't 'disappear' from the shipper's terminal before the 28th. I know, I sound paranoid. but it's gotten to the point where I hate to ship any firearm late in the week.

VGW ships V-22 bbl'd actions in a well-padded, foam-filled box with separate cut-outs for the bbl'd action, bolt, scope rail, and magazines. I've never bought a complete rifle from them, so don't know how they're boxed. As good as some shippers have become at breaking stuff, I'd prefer to have a complete rifle shipped with the bbl'd action out of the stock. At any rate, I sure hope it comes to your door in very good shape, and that you're able to get it out, into a stock (or chassis), scope mounted, and to the shooting spot of your choice as quickly as possible - and that when you get there, the conditions are pleasant enough for you to tell right away how the new rig shoots....
Dennis.... I'm fortunate that my primary shooting spot is in the back yard. If it is raining, I just shoot from the garage.
I didn't buy one of the standard Vudoo rifles, I gave them a list of components to put together. Most of the parts are black
with the entire action and bbl being close to Channellock blue including the bolt handle. for now she has a Trigger tech diamond trigger set at 4 oz. This will sound backwards but I hope the bolt feels more like my CZ 457 MTR than my Anschutz 1416s.
The Annies feel like they have a double cam lock where the CZ bolt is very fluid. The CZ is becoming one of my favorite rifles.
I just got and mounted a Athlon Cronus on her. In terms of how the V22 shoots, I'm honest enough with myself that I know when it is me or the gun that is lacking. I have every expectation that I will like the new Vudoo build.

i-VQhzVkB-L.jpg

i-thJFbTX-L.jpg

i-hzn9z2X-L.jpg

Aim small, hit small. ;)
She is one hot looking piece of glass.

Dennis.... I'm fortunate that my primary shooting spot is in the back yard. If it is raining, I just shoot from the garage.
I didn't buy one of the standard Vudoo rifles, I gave them a list of components to put together. Most of the parts are black
with the entire action and bbl being close to Channellock blue including the bolt handle. for now she has a Trigger tech diamond trigger set at 4 oz. This will sound backwards but I hope the bolt feels more like my CZ 457 MTR than my Anschutz 1416s.
The Annies feel like they have a double cam lock where the CZ bolt is very fluid. The CZ is becoming one of my favorite rifles.
I just got and mounted a Athlon Cronus on her. In terms of how the V22 shoots, I'm honest enough with myself that I know when it is me or the gun that is lacking. I have every expectation that I will like the new Vudoo build.

Shawn, I was shooting my MTR and V-22 carbine on bags off the bench late last week, and as nice as the MTR's 15oz trigger is, the TT Diamond at 12oz was very noticeably nicer. I've not adjusted either of the Diamonds I have on V-22s to less than 11-12oz, yet feel they're about as nice as a Jewell I have set to 8oz on a CF LR BR rifle. I've been shooting Jewell HVR triggers on most of my rifles for quite a few years, and always felt they were the trigger to beat. Well, if there's anything about the TT Diamond that's inferior to any of my Jewells, I haven't found it yet. It's not to the point where I'm going to drop beau coup $$$ on Diamonds to replace the Jewells - but I'll probably be using Diamonds on any new rifle based on a M700 or clone action.

Shawn, I was shooting my MTR and V-22 carbine on bags off the bench late last week, and as nice as the MTR's 15oz trigger is, the TT Diamond at 12oz was very noticeably nicer. I've not adjusted either of the Diamonds I have on V-22s to less than 11-12oz, yet feel they're about as nice as a Jewell I have set to 8oz on a CF LR BR rifle. I've been shooting Jewell HVR triggers on most of my rifles for quite a few years, and always felt they were the trigger to beat. Well, if there's anything about the TT Diamond that's inferior to any of my Jewells, I haven't found it yet. It's not to the point where I'm going to drop beau coup $$$ on Diamonds to replace the Jewells - but I'll probably be using Diamonds on any new rifle based on a M700 or clone action.
If I want to swap out my trigger, it will be with a jewell that will go down to 2 oz. I just didn't see the Jewell in time. I am really critical of my triggers. I put a YoDave spring kit in my MTR and it is down to 9 oz. It feels every bit as good as my annies and they are at 6 oz. My 1416 annies have the 5098 triggers in them ( 175 / 450 grams ) BTW.... the trigger pin is press fit into the trigger blade in the MTR. To aid in assembly and prevent damage, I made the pin a transition or slip fit by sanding a small bit of the pins diameter. There is no lash in the trigger at all. The fingernail polish just keeps it from sliding out. I could have staked it in place but I work on my triggers too much for that. Dennis, do you happen to know who may have the CZ 457 Royal?

Attachments

• DSC09863.JPG
    DSC09863.JPG
    264.2 KB · Views: 63
What are you calling a CB flier? How far out is it? And at what range?

50 yards 5 shot groups. Talking outside measurements I usually shoot .3xx's and .4xx's. The first shot of the day will usually stretch out a .450 anywhere from a .560 to a .690.

Scootch

As I understand it, there were no Royal models imported into the U.S. for sale initially, while they were available in Canada. My guess is your best bet would be a phone call to CZ-USA for further information.

As I understand it, there were no Royal models imported into the U.S. for sale initially, while they were available in Canada. My guess is your best bet would be a phone call to CZ-USA for further information.
Don't get me wrong, I don't think the CZ are match guns. I just happen to like the overall product. My MTR seem to be a really good value as where I had higher expectations out of my Anschutz 1416s.

Anybody with any knowledge on the Timney Calvin Elite 2 stage.... It is a great trigger and I love it as far as how it functions and feels but I wish I could get it down just a little bit further. I can't find directions even YouTube videos how to adjust it. Anybody have any suggestions? I believe it is set at the lowest 8 0z on first and another 8 oz on the second stage. I would like to get it down around the pound for the second stage total if I could. Anybody have any suggestions?

Figured it out. Very little info online. Got my first stage at 5oz and second at 10 oz. Much better now. What I did was the bottom front screw, backed it out 1/2 turn total 1/4 turn at a time. It worked like a charm.

Does anyone know the action screw torque value from Vudoo for the Grayboe Ridgeback? I know their site says 65# but does anyone have info otherwise. When I took it off the screws broke loose at 30 and 40# - front and back respectively

I don't but..... I think that removal torque is some percentage of tightening torque.

Figured it out. Very little info online. Got my first stage at 5oz and second at 10 oz. Much better now. What I did was the bottom front screw, backed it out 1/2 turn total 1/4 turn at a time. It worked like a charm.
Can you please post the procedure, as I have a Timney on order, and I would like to know how to adjust it. Thanks.

Can you please post the procedure, as I have a Timney on order, and I would like to know how to adjust it. Thanks.
Mine is a Calvin Elite 2 stage so I am not certain if it is the same for a single stage. It can set about 5 oz will h second stage breaking at 1.4# total. The break was crisp but heavier than I like.
I looked everywhere for info and found one tiny bit of info saying on a similar Timney 2 stage ---. There are 2 screws on the front of the housing. The top in the sear engagement and it.was suggested not to fool with this one so I didn't. I turned the bottom screw on the front of the housing counterclockwise 1/4 turn and brought it down to 5 oz stage 1 and broke at 1#. Another 1/4 turn counterclockwise got me to where I currently am. 5 oz stage 1 and breaks clean at 10 oz.
Disclaimer: this info is only my experience and not a suggestion. It worked for my experience.

So I went to the range today and started to do ammo testing and was talking to an older fella there, I'm 51, he's asking about my Vudoo. 20190527_194612.jpg
Really liking the Center X, middle row dot 2, 3 and 4 at 50yds bench with bipod and rear bag. We shoot the shit a little more and he liked what he saw. Well he wanted to pick up his targets and go home so I said ok I think I'm going to put one at 200yds and see how Center X does there. He picked up his targets and said I goto see this!
I dial 6.2 mils and click one off and looked through the spotter.20190527_194636.jpg
I think it's time to quit now. He looked and couldn't believe it, wanted to walk down and check target, lol. I think this made his day and he said to me this might have just cost him a bunch of money. Paul might be selling another one.??

Reactions: RS14 and RAVAGE88
I have narrowed it down to Center X. Lot testing in first pic. Seemed to really like the 726. The third pic is an unofficial 6x6 and 5x6 (4- #5 shot groups on top row and last 2 #5shot groups on middle row right). Unofficially .710. if u take away one shot from last group the 6x6 goes to .657. 5x5 measures to .673".
I have tried about 10 different ammos and center x seems to be most consistent. I did try eley black which was very consistent but too pricey for me. I am sure Midas will shoot better but I honestly don't want to know at this point. Lol
The big surprise was the SK pistol on the middle target(#2. 10 shot groups- top left and center). For the price, this was a good surprise.
All shot at 100 yds from rest off bench.
20190528_223843.jpg
20190527_103657.jpg
20190528_223935.jpg

Is anyone making magazine extensions for the vudoo mags? I’d like to have a 2 round extension
MK Machining...Tyler Kemp....good guy, on here a lot.

ZY

Reactions: RandomWAguy
Now that my friend Brittany has your attention.... My Vudoo came in this afternoon. I sent them a list of parts and they bought and assembled them all. The chassis is an MDT LSS-XL GEN2 with a fixed short rifle stock. On the bottom is a bag rider and inset like a puzzle piece is a weight. I also have a weight set on the front and another set coming. The grip is a Royal Arms target / tactical. it is
likely to big for most peoples hands. It is textured but hard and not soft at all. The trigger is a Target Tech Diamond set to 5 oz.
It is really sweet..... I am really happy that I got the flat blade.

I have only had her a couple of hours and some things already stand out.... In a positive way. The cassis is adjustable in virtually every direction. The action is very, very smooth. The bolt release has grooves on it and the bolt will slide straight out with ease.
Any printing is clear and crisp. Any knurling is clean and crisp. Parts that meet one another are nearly seamless. It appears that some parts have been tumbled to round off the sharp edges. Parts on the Bolt have been ground too about .05 micro meter and the bolt is
marked with the serial number and those numbers are very crisp.

Those magazines.... Some kind of tough, ultrasonic welded plastic stuff. Man, they lock in place, they drop out without help. They have some nubs to assist in loading the cartridges and any numbers and logo are clear and crisp. I believe that the only thing that you would want to change about the mag is it's size and then only by half an inch. I would suggest that if you want to get a feel for the build quality of a Vudoo... buy a Logo embossed magazine.

As far as size goes, You will also like the size of the mag in every other respect except for loading. As for the rest of the gun, it is a full sized, man sized gun. Allow me to back up to the action. The bbl. is a 22" Kukri that sticks out 8" beyond the chassis. the LOP is 13.5" with the fixed short rifle stock. Had I not got the SHORT stock, I would have too long a stock and no ability to adjust the LOP.
I mention that because it was an extra 100.00 at the time and you may be inclined to save yourself some cash.
Given the stock issue, I may buy the parts myself and assemble the chassis and would have 30 days to return something if it were not a good fit. Then get the BBL action with trigger from Vudoo. Keep in mind my 8" stick out with the 22" bbl.

I did a quick scope swap and she groups really nice and is super smooth. On Thursday 05/30, I should have a brand new Trijicon Accupower 5 x 50 x 56 IRMOA in hand. I also bought a brand new Pelican 1750 with pick n pluck foam for the new girl.

More this weekend....

Attachments

• 61122490_2173150606136290_8036980118398173184_n.jpg
    61122490_2173150606136290_8036980118398173184_n.jpg
    65 KB · Views: 229
  • DSC09905.JPG
    DSC09905.JPG
    643.7 KB · Views: 310
  • DSC09906.JPG
    DSC09906.JPG
    281.2 KB · Views: 265
  • DSC09909.JPG
    DSC09909.JPG
    267.7 KB · Views: 248
  • DSC09910.JPG
    DSC09910.JPG
    186.1 KB · Views: 234
  • DSC09911.JPG
    DSC09911.JPG
    320 KB · Views: 221
  • DSC09912.JPG
    DSC09912.JPG
    191.7 KB · Views: 219
  • DSC09913.JPG
    DSC09913.JPG
    292.4 KB · Views: 214
  • DSC09914.JPG
    DSC09914.JPG
    257.2 KB · Views: 212
  • DSC09916.JPG
    DSC09916.JPG
    366.8 KB · Views: 197
+2...
He’ll i posted a few months ago I would like a low profile hi cap mag.
The 10’s are great for training purposes (which the rifle was really targeted toward).
But if I could get a snail or drum I’d buy a few right now.
Load up a bunch and leave the little Ammo boxes at home.
Especially when cold and wet, fingers get stupid and I keep dropping rounds.

More about the V22 magazine. Sadly, I don't have great camera skills so these will have to do. They should show some of the quality that Vudoo puts into their products as a whole. The designs are simple and all of the logs and lettering are clear and crisp. These mags are like 35.00 each and my Annie mags go for 100.00 each and are small stamped metal. These mags drop freely from my action and need no assist from me. In the third photo you can see the finger button to aid in loading. It has grooves on it and also has a taper to it. That helps loading a great deal.

Now... the last photo shows the problem. My hands are not small and they have some difficulty getting around the magazine to load it. So the problem with the mag is only a function of it's size. It is great in every other regard.

My rifle is NRA blue and if I did it again I may do USMC red to kind of match the mag.

I just put my girl on a scale and she weighs 15.2 lbs.

Attachments

• DSC09917.JPG
    DSC09917.JPG
    658.4 KB · Views: 127
  • DSC09918.JPG
    DSC09918.JPG
    773.1 KB · Views: 122
  • DSC09923.JPG
    DSC09923.JPG
    557.5 KB · Views: 139
  • DSC09924.JPG
    DSC09924.JPG
    901 KB · Views: 120
  • DSC09925.JPG
    DSC09925.JPG
    553.1 KB · Views: 133
  • DSC09926.JPG
    DSC09926.JPG
    546.2 KB · Views: 141
Last edited:
Reactions: 10ring1
I couldn't stop myself. When I first looked at the Vudoo, I wanted the Custom Rifle Case for it, but they kind of talked me out of it (which I think is nice of them - basically, they said that it is pretty heavy, and they only use it for air travel, and use a soft padded case from going from the house to the range). But, other folks on some forums have said they do use the Custom case to take the gun to the range. When I finally found some pictures of the standard shipping case (which they admit is only to protect the rifle during shipping), I knew I would be disappointed if I did not order the Custom Rifle Case. So, I did. Thanks for all your advice.

Gave my Vudoo a face lift tonight. Put a Kahles 525i in ARC rings, so sexy! It's my first alpa glass. So darn expensive, but after spending over an hour shooting through it with no eye fatigue I now understand why people spend so much on these high end optics

I got my Vudoo on Wednesday and my Trijicon 5-50x56 this afternoon. just in time for shooting all weekend long.
If it rains I will shoot from inside of the garage.

Attachments

• DSC09931.JPG
    DSC09931.JPG
    497.7 KB · Views: 153
  • DSC09933.JPG
    DSC09933.JPG
    230.5 KB · Views: 154
  • DSC09932.JPG
    DSC09932.JPG
    272.3 KB · Views: 158
Reactions: rizzle
I couldn't stop myself. When I first looked at the Vudoo, I wanted the Custom Rifle Case for it, but they kind of talked me out of it (which I think is nice of them - basically, they said that it is pretty heavy, and they only use it for air travel, and use a soft padded case from going from the house to the range). But, other folks on some forums have said they do use the Custom case to take the gun to the range. When I finally found some pictures of the standard shipping case (which they admit is only to protect the rifle during shipping), I knew I would be disappointed if I did not order the Custom Rifle Case. So, I did. Thanks for all your advice.
I have been using a Pelican travel vaults for my pellet rifles since 1990, they weigh 25 lbs empty, and nothing has ever been hurt in any way. Heavy and expensive, yes.... but they give me piece of mind.

Attachments

• DSC09666.JPG
    DSC09666.JPG
    403.9 KB · Views: 126
Reactions: Cmkaco