• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Vudoo Gun Works V-22 Rimfire Bolt Action

Swapped stocks since I’m shooting my v22 about 95% of the time.
A8D8A564-5CCA-4B96-8D4F-BE560BDFC841.jpeg

Reactions: bnaples
I tried to use my Labradar yesterday and couldn't get it to trigger with rimfire. Is it position sensitive? Did you change settings or maybe use their rimire mic accessory?

I use the rimfire mic with mine. But one setting that you need to change on the LabRadar that will make a significant difference is from 'rifle' to 'handgun' in the 'velocity range' menu option. Rifle is for 984 FPS and up and often has issues at lower 22LR standard velocities . The handgun setting is for 246 to 1722 FPS and is a better setting for 22LR.

Those are some really impressive groups at those distances. Are those groups indicative of the accuracy that one should expect out of the voodoo 22's?

View attachment 7094085
Awesome Addison! That is so cool. What’s next ? Milk jug at 1000? Keep us posted.

Today at the range met a sniper from Aulstralia and his buddies I offered my Vudoo to shoot at 300 yards dialed at 47 moa lapua center x they all thought it was incredible! All we heard was ting,ting,ting

6 inch at 300yds wind was left to right then right to left half value (switching)

Jbell just posted on the 6x5 that he isn't seeing any cold bore flyers. Is that true for most of you guys? Trying to see how many v22 owners have experienced the cold bore flyer.

6 inch at 300yds wind was left to right then right to left half value (switching)
I better keep practicing !! Today was too windy to shoot so I was setting up a second range. Without leaving home I can only get out to 250 max. I just picked up an impact light system on Friday. It is a T.I.S.S. but have yet to use it.

Attachments

• DSC09800.JPG
    DSC09800.JPG
    132 KB · Views: 123
Jbell just posted on the 6x5 that he isn't seeing any cold bore flyers. Is that true for most of you guys? Trying to see how many v22 owners have experienced the cold bore flyer.

I have not seen any cold bore flyers with my Vudoo. I've used SK Long Range Match, Center-X, Fiocchi, Winchester Sub-Sonic, CCI AR Tactical and some others. Didn't notice any filyers with any of them.

Reactions: EddieE
I have not seen any cold bore flyers with my Vudoo. I've used SK Long Range Match, Center-X, Fiocchi, Winchester Sub-Sonic, CCI AR Tactical and some others. Didn't notice any filyers with any of them.

Music to my ears.....I have a ton of different ammo I can try once the rifle gets in. Probably 2 cases of CCI. But I hear CCI is really dirty and prone to carbon ring????????

Music to my ears.....I have a ton of different ammo I can try once the rifle gets in. Probably 2 cases of CCI. But I hear CCI is really dirty and prone to carbon ring????????
All 22 ammo will make a carbon ring in the chamber eventually.

All 22 ammo will make a carbon ring in the chamber eventually.

I agree...just saying the dirty ones cause the build up faster...That wasn't clear in my original post...No sense in putting cheap ammo through a 3k gun. I use the CCI for my S&W 41, supposedly that model was designed for CCI bullets. I don't know. I don't shoot competitively, but my gun seems to like the CCI. By the way, if you guys don't have a SW 41....you gotta get one. Great gun!

Reactions: reynja

Could be true about the carbon ring. I don't know for sure, because I mainly shoot the SK Long Range through it now. I just had a bunch of different .22 ammo sitting around and I would try different stuff when I first got the rifle. The CCI works great in my S&W M&P 22.

Sweet! I have a nearly identical setup with the Ridgeback stock. You will be more than happy
I’ve been shooting it in a t4-a for a bit now. And you are right it really does make me happy they are a lot of fun.

I'm in pretty much the same boat as 7mMike - all four of my Bighorn comp rifles are in T4A stocks, and my 1st V-22 was also, only with an Elite shell. I put a 2nd V-22 (22" Kukri) in a PRS1 in GAP camo, then decided I really wanted a PRS1 in scorched earth for the Kukri, which was done in sniper gray. So when that new PRS1 stock finally arrived a couple of weeks ago, I put the GAP PRS1 off the Kukri on the 'old original' V-22, and set the T4A aside. Was hoping to shoot a local match with that rifle this weekend to get a feel for the PRS1, but it's looking like I'm going to have to stay home to get some rain-delayed farm work done. At the rate things have been going in that respect, I may be lucky to get to shoot one match this summer....

There's a photo of the Kukri in the scorched earth PRS1 - which I'm probably going to send back to Manners to have a spacer installed, since I ordered it with a 1/2" pad, which resulted in a 13" LOP... Ordered it online (1st & probably last time I do that), and had no idea going with a 1/2" pad would result in the 13" LOP. Better to speak with a live person when ordering a custom stock, in order to avoid unpleasant surprises when the stock arrives. It's sometimes hard to reach anyone at Manners on the phone, or I'd never have used their online order form.

Attachments

• DSC_1210.JPG
    DSC_1210.JPG
    500 KB · Views: 236
I have a Manners PRS2 mini chassis and I really like the feel and flat bottom of the PRS stocks....just ordered another PRS2 mini chassis this morning from a Manners dealer that had the stock in inventory. I have an Impact barreled action in the works and a Vudoo barreled action I received last week - immediate perceived need:)….I may buy a chassis one day but really like the Manners PRS stocks....

I’m digging the prs1 just messing with it last night. But would I replace all my t4a’s with prs1 probably not.

Reactions: pazzo
Got my V22 in AIAT folding chassis. My first impression.... "wow". Gun is easy to shoot well. Shot the SK+ std very well. If you are on the fence about AI AT, go for it! and get the folder so you can get the thumb rest. Really nice rest.

The bolt is sticking a little, but from what I have read, it should smooth out. I will keep shooting it as is for the next few hundred rounds and see what happens. Can't wait to get some 6x5 targets up.

We are working on making the cheek piece universal but we do have on for the AX. Click Here

Thanks. So, are you working on a cheek rest that will fit the current AT back end? Or is this specific for the AX back end.

I did find that the cheek riser is still a little high (factory folding AT) even on the lowest setting with my medium height burris xtreme rings.

We are working on making the cheek piece universal but we do have on for the AX. Click Here
Thanks for posting....I have the AX buttstock on my AIAT and the cheek piece works great for me but Ill be ordering a thumb rest.

MB

Thanks for posting....I have the AX buttstock on my AIAT and the cheek piece works great for me but Ill be ordering a thumb rest.

MB
Great product, have one on each of my AIs

Just curious, is having ur thumb on that side of the grip comfortable to shoot?

Some SK Standard at 100 yards. Top 1 o’clock was first shot then made my adjustments shooting cross ways from the target. Also had the wife hitting steel at 400 but it won’t let me upload the video. She doesn’t shoot much at all but was having fun I could tell
lol
08707F25-3895-47C9-9AD1-CC779CD1402A.jpeg
68362FB5-AB33-4C84-A1A3-BB6788454527.png

Last edited:
Reactions: Tiger_Shilone
Some SK Standard at 100 yards. Top 1 o’clock was first shot then made my adjustments shooting cross ways from the target. Also had the wife hitting steel at 400 but it won’t let me upload the video. She doesn’t shoot much at all but was having fun I could tell
lol View attachment 7099938View attachment 7099939View attachment 7099939
Wow that’s a good group with yellow box, mine is a mess with that ammo but she loves some Center x for sure. I just bought a few boxes of sk red to try that out..

Wow that’s a good group with yellow box, mine is a mess with that ammo but she loves some Center x for sure. I just bought a few boxes of sk red to try that out..
Yeah the yellow box is all I’ve shot for sk ammo. But it seems like it doesn’t have a problem with it.

Yeah the yellow box is all I’ve shot for sk ammo. But it seems like it doesn’t have a problem with it.
I shot some the other day as I have a brick of them still and the group was 5 inches. Went back to Center x and it was a dime.

Just curious, is having ur thumb on that side of the grip comfortable to shoot?

For me, it is. Supposedly if you shoot long days, hour after hour, it is even more comfortable. I started shooting my CZ that was in a Xray this way and got used to it. So, for my V22 I wanted the option to do that. Had to go to the folding AIAT to be able to add the aftermarket rest.

Reactions: 10ring1
SK Std+ may be listed as SK's least expensive ammo, but find a good lot of it that your rifle likes, and it makes you wonder why you'd spend more for 'upper crust' match ammo. It's definitely worth ordering in lot samples to test - if you don't happen to find one out of five lots that shoots really well, you're not out much $$, but if you do find a good lot, what's not to like about ammo that costs less than half what Center-X does, but shoots very nearly as well, at least out to 100yds? I've got good lots of SK LR Match & Lapua Center-X that I'll use in matches out to 300+yds and no doubt my confidence level is higher when shooting the more expensive ammo during a match. But after I found an exceptional lot of Std+ during lot testing earlier this spring, I bought a case of it, and have seen that it shoots really well out of all the custom bbls I have, including ACE, Bartlein, Krieger, Lilja, and a couple of Shilen Ratchet Rifled bbls on CZ457s.

Reactions: Bl0407 and 7mMike
SK Std+ may be listed as SK's least expensive ammo, but find a good lot of it that your rifle likes, and it makes you wonder why you'd spend more for 'upper crust' match ammo. It's definitely worth ordering in lot samples to test - if you don't happen to find one out of five lots that shoots really well, you're not out much $$, but if you do find a good lot, what's not to like about ammo that costs less than half what Center-X does, but shoots very nearly as well, at least out to 100yds? I've got good lots of SK LR Match & Lapua Center-X that I'll use in matches out to 300+yds and no doubt my confidence level is higher when shooting the more expensive ammo during a match. But after I found an exceptional lot of Std+ during lot testing earlier this spring, I bought a case of it, and have seen that it shoots really well out of all the custom bbls I have, including ACE, Bartlein, Krieger, Lilja, and a couple of Shilen Ratchet Rifled bbls on CZ457s.
I totally agree with you. I wanna try some other sk ammo just for the hell of it. But for now I got a few bricks of the same lot of the yellow box that’s making me smile every time I squeeze the trigger. No hand loading just buy and shoot.

Yeah Mike - the 'buy & shoot' thing is just one of the reasons I find myself grabbing a .22RF rifle out of the gun closet more often than any of the CF rifles that share space with the .22s. I can shoot 210yds down an old concrete feedlot alley even if it's muddy after a rain, and that's only 200yds from the house. All I shoot is std vel ammo, so I'm not disturbing my cousin, who lives just across the county road - and there are no other neighbors within 2mi of my place. It's just so easy to grab a rifle or three, several boxes of the ammo(s) I'm wanting to shoot with, and a target or two, then get out and get in some quality trigger time. When I'm finished, back in the shop, all it takes is a blast or two of compressed air to blow any RF debris out of the action, a quick wipe with a couple of patches wet with Ed's Red, another dry patch, and I'm done. There doesn't seem to be any limit to the desire I have to shoot with these rifles either - which is a darned good reason to test and then buy in quantity. I'm wishing I'd have bought two cases of this good lot of SK Std+, but then in another month or two, I can order in more lot samples, test, and then buy another case or two of it.

What I really should do is make some props like tank traps & maybe even a rooftop barricade, then get one of the shorter (20') conex containers to store props & targets in, and get set up to practice positional shooting instead of just shooting off a bench.

Having the ability to not have to travel to shoot is a blessing. I wish I could get 100 yards, 200 yards would be super fantastic. I am able walk 20 yards from my door and shoot.

Reactions: Pranavdc
Yeah Mike - the 'buy & shoot' thing is just one of the reasons I find myself grabbing a .22RF rifle out of the gun closet more often than any of the CF rifles that share space with the .22s. I can shoot 210yds down an old concrete feedlot alley even if it's muddy after a rain, and that's only 200yds from the house. All I shoot is std vel ammo, so I'm not disturbing my cousin, who lives just across the county road - and there are no other neighbors within 2mi of my place. It's just so easy to grab a rifle or three, several boxes of the ammo(s) I'm wanting to shoot with, and a target or two, then get out and get in some quality trigger time. When I'm finished, back in the shop, all it takes is a blast or two of compressed air to blow any RF debris out of the action, a quick wipe with a couple of patches wet with Ed's Red, another dry patch, and I'm done. There doesn't seem to be any limit to the desire I have to shoot with these rifles either - which is a darned good reason to test and then buy in quantity. I'm wishing I'd have bought two cases of this good lot of SK Std+, but then in another month or two, I can order in more lot samples, test, and then buy another case or two of it.

What I really should do is make some props like tank traps & maybe even a rooftop barricade, then get one of the shorter (20') conex containers to store props & targets in, and get set up to practice positional shooting instead of just shooting off a bench.

Are you buying the different lots through good shooting?

Highly recommended. I did that with Center-X.

I will. Right now, I'm just getting to know my V22 and the trigger. Once I'm more confident in my shooting, I will start testing. As it stands, it is shooting SK+ and SK rifle match well. I think for the cost savings, I will stick with these, although I have some CenterX, midas and R50.

I used Good Shooting for the Std+ samples & quantity purchase, but I've also used Champion's Choice and McGee Custom Stocks.

Not going to post to the 6x5 yet, since I'm still getting comfortable with this gun, but here are some groups I shot yesterday. Can you see the grin? These are with SK+.

The gun sits in an AIAT, 18" Kukri and TT

Attachments

• Resized_20190623_190244_8031.jpeg
    Resized_20190623_190244_8031.jpeg
    1.1 MB · Views: 137
Reactions: 10ring1
For those shooting a Vudoo in an AI AT chassis wgich action torque specs did you use. The Ai recommend 53 in/lbs or Vudoo recommended 65 in/lbs? Or something completely different.