• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Vudoo Gun Works V-22 Rimfire Bolt Action

The mini chassis isn't sold seperate at Manners unfortunately. They install them into their stocks so you have to get a Manners stock to have it. If the McMillan's you have around are inletted for a 700 action then the Vudoo should drop right in though.

Damn it. I was hoping to avoid bedding on my favorite stock. I have two flat top stocks so i can inlet for whatever. Does anyone else make a mini chassis ?

Just a chassis system. Don't know of anyone who makes something to drop into an inletted stock. You could always sell one of those stocks and order a Manners. I got this PRS-2 in this camo with the Mini Chassis on order now. Should be here around July and I can't wait! Going to be great on the Vudoo.

mVOBjwT.png

Ok, no more drip feeding, it's time for full fire hose.

The VGW V-22 is a true-to-scale mid-lock rimfire bolt action with integral recoil lug. One of the many unique features of this design is, for a mid-lock, there are no lug ways forward of the lug abutment in the receiver. The rail is MilStd 1913, available in 0, 25 and 30 MOA. The action is currently in full production and available from Vudoo Gun Works in St. George, UT.

Full_Size_Render_3399.jpg

IMG_1944.jpg

IMG_1946.jpg

IMG_1949.jpg

IMG_1950.jpg

IMG_1952.jpg

IMG_1954.jpg

Full_Size_Render.jpg

This rifle has no finish on it yet and of course, it uses my AICS patterned magazine that is currently fielded in many 40X Repeater Conversions. The action is a direct drop in to any Rem700 Short Action Stock or Chassis, with the only accommodation being the ejection port is shorter than the standard Rem700/40X length port. Unlike the 40X Rimfire, the lugs in the VGW V-22 are concealed.

I'll be spending more time on the range tomorrow and will post video of it cycling, but it runs like a Swiss watch.

Thanks, Guys....

MB

So . . . ur the Engineer that put all this together . . Mike Bush . . . Gernius . . Also connected to Skunk works something but couldn't find You listed on Vudoo management team except in Bio . . . Like Ur a Ghost . . Or a Skunk . . . ??
Skunk Works something . . can't find connection except Obvious DESIGN . . .

Ur the Fox Mulder, X File Guy of 22LR . . . the truth is Out there . . .

Thanks MB . . . !!!

Building a Vudoo . . . shaping a Stock . . Hush Hush on the QT . . . .

Everyone is going to Luv it . . . . !!

So . . . ur the Engineer that put all this together . . Mike Bush . . . Gernius . . Also connected to Skunk works something but couldn't find You listed on Vudoo management team except in Bio . . . Like Ur a Ghost . . Or a Skunk . . . ??

Thanks MB . . . !!!

What a peculiar post? I don’t get it.

Thanks MB . . . !!!

Hey Bill, yes, I designed it and a few of us built Vudoo Gun Works around it. I've been in the industry a long time, have designed and developed a lot of things. I run Vudoo Labs, which feeds Vudoo Gun Works, and I'm also the Engineering Director for a major OEM in the industry. Never really considered myself a ghost, don't think others do either, I've been readily accessible here since 2009, in good times and bad, no plans of going anywhere. What connection are you looking for? Anything I can help with? Have you ordered a Vudoo?

Thanks,
MB

Never really considered myself a ghost, don't think others do either, I've been readily accessible here since 2009, in good times and bad, no plans of going anywhere.

Thanks,
MB

I can attest to this statement! I have to say that Mike has been very helpful to me and gone out of his way on several occasions on my behalf when there was nothing for him to gain. I have not had the pleasure to meet Mike in person but I can say without hesitation that he is a stand up guy. I do hope to be able to purchase a V-22 some time in the near future not because I need another precision 22lr, rather only for the reason that Mike has been so involved in the design and creation.

Reactions: RAVAGE88
Very nice Duc! Nice color combo also.

I can attest to this statement! I have to say that Mike has been very helpful to me and gone out of his way on several occasions on my behalf when there was nothing for him to gain. I have not had the pleasure to meet Mike in person but I can say without hesitation that he is a stand up guy. I do hope to be able to purchase a V-22 some time in the near future not because I need another precision 22lr, rather only for the reason that Mike has been so involved in the design and creation.

I second. I have had the pleasure of meeting Mike in person and spending time at his home and his workshop and he is definitely a stand up guy and a man of his word. Not to mention an engineering wonder. Some of the stuff he showed me and explained had me in awe.

Mine is on the way as well. It will be here Friday! I was holding out for the new Geissele trigger but Vudoo hooked me up with a Huber. It's going to be a good weekend.

I have a Timney Calvin elite for it, same one on my Mausingfield. But I have recently moved and there is crap everywhere.

Mike Bush is a standup guy, great designer and offers great products and services. I have dealt with Mike on Amy occasions and everyone I have talked to has nothing but great things to say about him and his service.

Vudoo V22 best .22 on the market hands down.

Reactions: JohnJohn
I was told @8 weeks about a month ago, but that was for a full lefty rifle build. Just call them and chat--they're super nice folks, but hide the credit card if you're not ready to commit! I'm happy to wait seeing these threads. Anyone got a lefty yet?

I was told @8 weeks about a month ago, but that was for a full lefty rifle build. Just call them and chat--they're super nice folks, but hide the credit card if you're not ready to commit! I'm happy to wait seeing these threads. Anyone got a lefty yet?

Mine is out for delivery right now. I'll have it this afternoon. 8wks is right where mine got done.

Reactions: StrayDog
Mine is out for delivery right now. I'll have it this afternoon. 8wks is right where mine got done.
Figures. The FFL it got shipped to is in absolutely no hurry, they said it won't be checked in until tomorrow. I need to find another FFL to ship to.

Every pic posted is an awesome looking rifle!! The guys at Vudoo hit a home run out of the park by offering a truly custom rifle option. Some will say it's priciey but for the options you get a rifle unique to your taste and desires that ACTUALLY shoots lights out!! As their reputation grows this year on the match circuit it will be interesting to see how competitors respond to them because I'm betting they are going to be a hot topic in many boardroom meetings when discussing who is taking customer base away. This is a great thing for us as shooters to have a new fresh High-End manufacturer come into play because it will only push others to offer more variety and or customization.

Great looking rifle, I just ordered the same rifle to match my MPA 6.5, absolutely love the MPA chassis. Is that a VQ comp on the front?
Great to see it shoot right out of the box.
Yes, it is as close to a blended look as you can get, just spinning it on.

The brake is a real asset in that it was needed just to get the 18” barrel long enough to stand in my safe :)

Yes, it is as close to a blended look as you can get, just spinning it on.

The brake is a real asset in that it was needed just to get the 18” barrel long enough to stand in my safe :)

Diver, one more group at 50yds with the average of the previous five and you would have been 1st or 2nd on the 6x5 Version 3.0. The Vudoos. would be 1--2--3. How good are these things?

Every pic posted is an awesome looking rifle!! The guys at Vudoo hit a home run out of the park by offering a truly custom rifle option. Some will say it's priciey but for the options you get a rifle unique to your taste and desires that ACTUALLY shoots lights out!! As their reputation grows this year on the match circuit it will be interesting to see how competitors respond to them because I'm betting they are going to be a hot topic in many boardroom meetings when discussing who is taking customer base away. This is a great thing for us as shooters to have a new fresh High-End manufacturer come into play because it will only push others to offer more variety and or customization.

I very much appreciate you speaking to what you've observed. We're passionate about what we're doing and we push ourselves everyday to humbly deliver exactly what we say....it's really that simple. Thanks, Jory.

MB

Reactions: JohnJohn
Does anyone else have a V-22 in a JAE? I'm having to sand my mags down to get them to fit into the magazine well. They are to wide at front and won't fit into the collet. Is this normal?

Diver, one more group at 50yds with the average of the previous five and you would have been 1st or 2nd on the 6x5 Version 3.0. The Vudoos. would be 1--2--3. How good are these things?
Sorry, I am a bit lame and not exactly following; I was only playing.

I love gun. But not to interested in the paper targets.

I gave it it’s first cleaning, and was surprised just how crazy the first “Clean Bore” shot was away from my POA.. so that’s one more thing to learn..

The first 22NRL match I shot on a MKII I was blown away with how much harder wind and even finding targets (targets were mixed in with standard rimfire range targets) was when I used similar reduced power scope setting like on a real positional match. Together with clean Cold Bore offsets, wind on small targets that might not twist (like traditional plates twist to reveal wind drift), and the tiny targets.. these 22 matches are more fun and harder than I thought!

Does anyone else have a V-22 in a JAE? I'm having to sand my mags down to get them to fit into the magazine well. They are to wide at front and won't fit into the collet. Is this normal?

I use a J. Allen, have you adjusted the position of the front and rear collets? Once positioned, the mags should fit no different than any other mag. If you continue to have problems, shoot me a PM and we'll make a time to jump on the phone.

Thanks,
MB

Vudoo Bore Guide: MOD

I might have missed this, but I had a hard time finding the correct bore guide for my Vudoo. While I found stuff that fit the action, nothing worked well. Maybe there is a better solution but this is what I did.

The Vudoo has a small bump just behind the mag feed lips that can defeat the bore guides effectiveness.
VudooAction.jpg

I ended up with a Possum Hollow 40X rimfire bore guide to start with a small modification to end up with a solvent tray and reduce the 3" unsupported jump to the chamber to about 1/2 as much. I did this by flipping the guide 180°

Brownells https://www.brownells.com/gun-clean...-rod-guides/rimfire-bore-guide-prod25928.aspx
28-000-004WB
Rem. 40X, Cooper 36
Mfr Part: BG29

I then had to cut a groove in the (new) bottom to make room for the ejector in the image above. The grove is about .29" and runs back just to about 1.6". I made it only wide enough, but tapered slightly to have a tiny bit of resistance when fully inserted, helping hold the guide in place.

The video shows the (NEW) top of the bore guide followed buy turning it over showing the bottom. This worked much better than turning to insert it the other way as it was originally intended.

Edited to be clearer.

Last edited:
IMG_20180505_193337375 by Jake Freese, on Flickr
TgtGfx by Jake Freese, on Flickr

Groups average 0.604MOA ignore the random at the bottom, that was sighting. 50 yards, 2 inch squares. SK Standard. House needs to hurry up and sell so I can get the AMG ordered up.

I need to get my butt in gear on some supressors, just need to get machines set back up. Moving sucks.

The Group at Vudoo did a hell of a job on this. Only thing I had to do to the stock was carve some more out of the back of the bolt slot to get the bolt to close all the way. Other than that with the Timney Calvin Elite it was drop into the mini chassis. Mags work flawlessly with SK ammo, including shooting as fast as I can.

Best purchase since the Mausingfield.

Last edited:
My Vudoo used in "it's" first NRL22 match... earned a joking, maybe wishful LOL, comment from the Match Director.. "Next match that Vudoo will be disqualified".. Mind you, these guys are shooting some fairly impressive custom hardware already...

If you're on the fence.. jump over.. best buy I've made in a long time.

Anyone in North Texas or Southern Oklahoma that has a Vudoo and wouldn’t mind letting me look at it?

I am wanting to order on but would like to check one out before I commit so much money to a rimfire.

If so PM me.

Reactions: missed
Anyone in North Texas or Southern Oklahoma that has a Vudoo and wouldn’t mind letting me look at it?

I am wanting to order on but would like to check one out before I commit so much money to a rimfire.

If so PM me.

Sent you a PM......

This is simply not right. You guys are torturing an old man. The targets that are being posted are fantastic. The posters are shooting lights out and the rifles are not limiting them. The Vudoo seems to be very ammo tolerant. Other than the one Mike sent in to Eley, I don't remember anyone that has tested lots extensively.

Throw into the mix that fact that the people involved in this project are incredibly responsive to everyone's questions or perceived problems and it's impossible to not get jacked about the Vudoo.

Finally made it to the range with my Vudoo and tuner under perfect conditions last night. 3 consecutive 10 shot groups were round and averaged under .700 at 100 yards. Selected Eley Tenex from KSS.

I only fired 4 shots to zero and these 3 groups. Then light was gone.

Thanks!

Vudoo Bore Guide: MOD

I might have missed this, but I had a hard time finding the correct bore guide for my Vudoo. While I found stuff that fit the action, nothing worked well. Maybe there is a better solution but this is what I did...

A Possum Hollow CZ452/455 rod guide works perfectly in mine without modification

Can you post up a couple of pics so we can see how it clears that bump stop in action?

It's item 528-000-018WB on this page (third down):

https://www.brownells.com/gun-clean...-rod-guides/rimfire-bore-guide-prod25928.aspx

Click on the small picture to expand it. That shows the underside of the guide and you can see there is a groove cut in it for about 2/3rds of the length to clear CZ's ejector. The Vudoo ejector must be similar in height because the guide just slides right in the Vudoo receiver like it was made for it. It also slips right in with a magazine in place.

Reactions: Diver160651
It's item 528-000-018WB on this page (third down):

https://www.brownells.com/gun-clean...-rod-guides/rimfire-bore-guide-prod25928.aspx

Click on the small picture to expand it. That shows the underside of the guide and you can see there is a groove cut in it for about 2/3rds of the length to clear CZ's ejector. The Vudoo ejector must be similar in height because the guide just slides right in the Vudoo receiver like it was made for it. It also slips right in with a magazine in place.

Gotcha -- you. I was not clear, I am running mine backwards. I wanted a place to add the solvent and get the supported end of the guide as close to the chamber as possible. so I flipped it and only cut the min out for the bump in the action (ejector)

I wipe the bore of the Krieger on my V-22 after every range session - not using an aggressive solvent, just some old home-mixed Ed's Red. Usually put a couple of patches through the bore and let it go at that, unless I can feel enough rough or uneven resistance to make me think it's leading. Can always check with the Hawkeye borescope if I do feel something out of the ordinary, and if it's leading, a few passes with a bronze brush followed by another wet patch will take care of it.

I loosley follow Steve Boelter's method from an article that used to be on his rrdvegas.com web site. He has removed the article since he's reworking it and expanding it into a book. He also had a great article on the web site about cleaning .22lr suppressors, in particular on pre-treating them so cleaning is easy, which is now gone as well, probably to be included in the book. If you google "rrdvegas cleaning method", you should be able to find pdfs of the articles floating around out there. Or wait for his book :) The article describes the fouling problems rimfires have, with borescope pictures to back it up, then goes into detail how to attack them and which solutions and tools to use. It's a major essay and well worth reading through.

What I personally do is use Bore-Tech Rimfire Blend, running two or three wet patches through, let it soak for 5 or 10 minutes then run several dry patches until everything comes out clean. I do this at the end of each shooting session or when changing ammunition brands. Every few sessions, I'll brush the bore using a nylon brush as described on the Bore-Tech bottle. A high quality, hand lapped, barrel should not lead foul very much but you will build up a ring of carbon fouling in the throat that will effect accuracy and needs a bit more effort to control. For this, I use .22 cal VFG pellets embedded with JB bore paste to short stroke the throat area. Then run a few wet and dry patches through to clean everything up. The first patch after this scrubbing will come out black streaked even if you previously patched the barrel. All of this is described in Steve's cleaning article.

Whether or not to clean a rimfire is debatable. Many top Olympic rimfire shooters clean their barrels after every shooting session because they believe it improves accuracy to start the next session with a clean bore. Done carefully with the proper tools it's unlikely to hurt anything and my experience is it seems to help with consistency.

Last edited:
Reactions: deltawiskey
Not a V-22 but I own several 40X Repeaters...

After each range session or match I clean 22s with a mixture of Kroil and Shooters Choice using VFG pellets.

If I didn't clean my 22s, I would get random off call fliers that were 1/8 or so out of the normal group on a 50 meter ISSF International Electronic Target. Putting 60 shots for score on an electronic target gives you a solid idea of what is on call and what isn't.

I started cleaning a lot more and the fliers went away.

Recently a very solid local shooter was having accuracy issues with his new Ruger. He had shot about 1,500 rounds of Eley Edge through it without cleaning. He gave it a good cleaning and accuracy came right back.

Reactions: proximo
Awesome thanks you guys. It sounds like everybody has their own method, but you gave me a lot of great ideas, thanks!!

Out zeroing the Vudoo with a new Razor II scope on it and some Eley Edge. 10 shots on left and 8 on right at 50 yards. Pretty happy with the zero. Might come up a smidge but lost light.

cLsUrxQ.jpg

Reactions: spartan67
Out zeroing the Vudoo with a new Razor II scope on it and some Eley Edge. 10 shots on left and 8 on right at 50 yards. Pretty happy with the zero. Might come up a smidge but lost light.

cLsUrxQ.jpg
NICE! These are the first 22s I really love

Reactions: Rob01

If so PM me.
Give Norman at Lead Heads, LLC in Saginaw a call. 682-224-5531

He has his Vudoo at his shop and placed an order for several barreled actions that are supposed to arrive in June (one of 'em is MINE). Not sure if he has any unspoken for. He is also an MPA dealer with a few chassis in stock.

This is his rifle at 50 on the initial outing. 5 in the group and then singles...
Resized_20180325_125546001.jpg