• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Vudoo Gun Works V-22 Rimfire Bolt Action

Design is locked and we're full tilt boogie....

5-Shot-Assem.jpg

5-Shot-Assem-2.jpg

MB
Are these the five shot???
I think I want three ??☠️

I'm still getting numerous inquiries about "flush" fitting magazines so I figured it would help to drop something here. This rendering is the five round billet magazine in the Vudoo DBM. The aspect of "flush" will vary depending on DBM design with more "flush-ness" in chassis systems.

Three-Lug-Assembly-Repeater-3.jpg

MB

Got a bit of a bonus check from work that is burning a hole in my pocket.....

Looking hard at the Vudoo's. My 6.5 is in a Manners PRS1 stock but getting a stock from Manners seems tough.

There is a MPA Hybrid chases in the for sale section that I am pondering. Is it as easy as getting the barreled action, install a trigger, and drop it into the chassis? What am I not thinking about? Thanks!

You’ll be all set with the MPA with the adjustable mag release but we may actually have a PRS1 in the shop. I’ll take a look tomorrow when I sneak in to get a few things done and circle back to let you know.

MB

Last edited:
You’ll be all set with the MPA with the adjustable mag release but we may actually have a PRS1 in the shop. I’ll take a look tomorrow when I sneak in to get a few things and circle back to let you know.

MB

Thanks!!!

Man those look sweet! Can’t wait to get my hands on a few. Keep up the good work.

You’ll be all set with the MPA with the adjustable mag release but we may actually have a PRS1 in the shop. I’ll take a look tomorrow when I sneak in to get a few things done and circle back to let you know.

MB

Were you able to find out anything?

Kind of a general forum question, but why is it that I cannot see any of the pictures Ravage88 posts? I get pics in/from others. Am I missing something? I don't think I have ever seen any pics that Ravage attaches. I understand if this gets moved, not meaning to hijack this post. I check it/follow it almost daily.

Justin

Does the picatinny rail unscrew from the Vudoo Action so I can install it in a Cadex Field Tactical Stock with their built in rail?

Kind of a general forum question, but why is it that I cannot see any of the pictures Ravage88 posts? I get pics in/from others. Am I missing something? I don't think I have ever seen any pics that Ravage attaches. I understand if this gets moved, not meaning to hijack this post. I check it/follow it almost daily.

Justin

That’s a good question and I have no answer, but I don’t mind emailing pics.

MB

I had my Vudoo on order and it finally came in a week ago. The scope was waiting and I mounted everything up and braved the cold yesterday to go shoot a little. I have read it here over and over but to add one more to the pile - It was awesome and so much fun. Everyone I worked with at Vudoo Gun works was awesome and it was a really a great experience.

Mine is on an AI AX chassis, with 18" Kukri barrel, Atlas bipod, Timney Calvin Elite trigger.

I did order the custom case along with it, and the case just looks amazing.

It tips the scales at a health 15.3 lbs with everything attached, and an empty mag.

Only shot 50 rounds ( Lapua Center-X ) yesterday before I was getting too cold but was impressed with my first 10 rnd group once I had zero'd the scope. I don't shoot very often , so hope that more time will improve my groups even more. This was just seated at the bench.
Center-X 10rd 1st grp at 50yd - OnTarget.JPG

And here is a picture of the VuDoo
D85_2981 (Large).JPG

I had my Vudoo on order and it finally came in a week ago. The scope was waiting and I mounted everything up and braved the cold yesterday to go shoot a little. I have read it here over and over but to add one more to the pile - It was awesome and so much fun. Everyone I worked with at Vudoo Gun works was awesome and it was a really a great experience.

Mine is on an AI AX chassis, with 18" Kukri barrel, Atlas bipod, Timney Calvin Elite trigger.

I did order the custom case along with it, and the case just looks amazing.

It tips the scales at a health 15.3 lbs with everything attached, and an empty mag.

Only shot 50 rounds ( Lapua Center-X ) yesterday before I was getting too cold but was impressed with my first 10 rnd group once I had zero'd the scope. I don't shoot very often , so hope that more time will improve my groups even more. This was just seated at the bench.
View attachment 7204836

And here is a picture of the VuDoo
View attachment 7204826

I love that case. If I fly out for NRL22 nationals that would be one killer transport case.

I love that case. If I fly out for NRL22 nationals that would be one killer transport case.
I also got the case with mine it’s spectacular, although it is heavy but considering I got $5200 worth of gun and optics in it.. it’s certainly worth the extra effort in terms of hauling that monster around!

Attachments

• B6C3C64A-B034-4A39-BDC7-5CE38AC2DCFF.jpeg
    B6C3C64A-B034-4A39-BDC7-5CE38AC2DCFF.jpeg
    520.1 KB · Views: 162
These things are awesome....and on schedule.

A bit more shooting and off to the blast cabinet and Cerakote booth to pretty them up, been mistreating them today.

Completed-Five-Round.jpg

MB

They look great and easy sell , who doesn't want billets parts over plastic...........

Here's a question for the Vudoo owners. What's the life expectancy of a Vudoo 22LR barrel. be itan ACE, Bartlein, Proof? I only ask because I've been keeping an eye out for a second-hand Vudoo barreled action and those that I have found all state 7-10K rnds down the tube. I shoot a lot of 22LR, but don't come close to shooting that many rounds in a year thru all my 22s combined.

Reactions: Boatninja
Here's a question for the Vudoo owners. What's the life expectancy of a Vudoo 22LR barrel. be itan ACE, Bartlein, Proof? I only ask because I've been keeping an eye out for a second-hand Vudoo barreled action and those that I have found all state 7-10K rnds down the tube. I shoot a lot of 22LR, but don't come close to shooting that many rounds in a year thru all my 22s combined.
I have a friend/shooting competitor that said he shot out his Anschutz barrel..... somewhere around 500,000 rounds. Felt the cause was a glass power used in the primer compound that eroded the throat.

I've put close to 8K rounds through my Vudoo and would speculate it's only getting better. IMO your cleaning method(s) may do more damage than the round count.

Anyone have this v-22 in a mpa competition chassis , nightforce nx8 2-20 and spuhr unimounts?

Wondering which model (height) spuhr to do.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20191219-060602_Firefox.jpg
    Screenshot_20191219-060602_Firefox.jpg
    150.8 KB · Views: 66
I have a friend/shooting competitor that said he shot out his Anschutz barrel..... somewhere around 500,000 rounds. Felt the cause was a glass power used in the primer compound that eroded the throat.

I've put close to 8K rounds through my Vudoo and would speculate it's only getting better. IMO your cleaning method(s) may do more damage than the round count.

Thanks. That's the info I was looking for. Doubt I'll ever put 500K rnds thru one 22, let alone 500K rnds thru the combined total of all of them that I own.

We have sponsored shooters still competing with some of the first nine rifles I built in the lab with upwards of 50,000 rounds through them, periodic inspections indicate the barrels still look brand new.

MB

Mike and others. Can any of you comment or discuss the lead/combustion ring that forms in the bore over time in the 22lr? How you deal with it treat it and proper cleaning techniques.

Cheers!

Mike and others. Can any of you comment or discuss the lead/combustion ring that forms in the bore over time in the 22lr? How you deal with it treat it and proper cleaning techniques.

Cheers!

The ring is a product of not enough heat to burn off excess by-products created by such a mild combustion process. I use a Nylon bore brush dipped in Boretech Eliminator and spin in in the front of the chamber. For the more stubborn rings, I’ve had to use a cordless drill. I haven’t used the Boretech Rimfire Blend, but I understand it works great as well for all things particulate in the bore and chamber.

MB

Cheers!
This is where a bore scope pays for itself. The carbon ring issue is real and the scope positively identifies it.

I've started a preventative chamber cleaning routine using Bore Tech Rimfire Blend on specialty Q-tips for .22 cal that fit tight in the throat and let it soak for 15-20 then I'll run dry VFG pellets through until clean.

I don't thoroughly clean the bore after every shooting session which is typically 75-150 rounds for me. I usually just push a few VFG pellets through the bore, usually the third comes out clean. When accuracy starts to drop off I'll do a thorough brush cleaning session.

Check out the new Teslong wifi bore scope on the market at $75. Great investment IMO. I'm giving my Lyman scope to a friend.

Thanks Mike. My reason for asking is my own .02c but also for the person above buying a second hand Vudoo. Running with some big time ARA and PSL shooters it has come up in conversation that at some point if the ring is not dealt with it resizes the bullet smaller than the bore and accuracy can suffer. I have info but cant find much at all on the web. Thanks again for your technique and advice.

Cheers!

Jason

Last edited:
Reactions: RAVAGE88
The ring is a product of not enough heat to burn off excess by-products created by such a mild combustion process. I use a Nylon bore brush dipped in Boretech Eliminator and spin in in the front of the chamber. For the more stubborn rings, I’ve had to use a cordless drill. I haven’t used the Boretech Rimfire Blend, but I understand it works great as well for all things particulate in the bore and chamber.

MB

Try this (best rimfire solvent I have tried, and I have tested them all...)

i'm looking at getting a barreled action this weekend, and don't want to read thru all 83 pages and i know this has been discussed i'm sure. Is there an advantage to the 18" over the 20" barrel. Vendor i'm going to shows both. Thanks and please don't be pissed for the question. My granddaughters will b using this to shoot in NRL22.

i'm looking at getting a barreled action this weekend, and don't want to read thru all 83 pages and i know this has been discussed i'm sure. Is there an advantage to the 18" over the 20" barrel. Vendor i'm going to shows both. Thanks and please don't be pissed for the question. My granddaughters will b using this to shoot in NRL22.

I went through all of the sources on you tube, here, accurate shooter, etc. if I remember right on one of the you tube vids vudoo talks about cutting the barrel down from say 24” all the way down to 16” and velocity nor accuracy was declining with their testing. When I bought my vudoo I wanted a 24” barrel and was steered towards a 22” because velocity is actually slower in a 24”.

I will say with everything I have read that folks believe the longer barrels seem to be more ammo tolerate and are not as picky as the shorter barrels. Totally unfounded and not scientific at all but I can tell you that everything standard velocity ammo I have tried will group .5 or less at 50 yards.

Reactions: jinxx4ever
They look great and easy sell , who doesn't want billets parts over plastic...........

Anybody looking to unload a few polymer mags to buy the new billet ones, PM me. Wouldn't mind picking up a few more

MB

Every barrel maker / gunsmith seems to have their own rules about cleaning and not cleaning. Mike do you happen to have a link to your experienced practices? For example my barrel maker said, never clean the barrel. And the carbon ring right at the throat is actually really good. The only thing he recommended doing was to scrub a nylon brush in the chamber to get any lube/wax/particles out of it whenever I started having extraction issues.

Some people say never clean it until you see accuracy drop off. I ran 3000 rounds and never saw accuracy drop off, so never really cleaned it.

New match barrel though started having extraction issues after a few hundred rounds so now I scrub it with a nylon brush before a match and shoot 10 rounds through it before match day.

Hey All is anyone using the kahles K624I on their Vudoo? If so, your thoughts please
I love my Kahles 624i scopes on my Bighorn comp rifles, and would've looked seriously at putting one on one of my V-22s, but the parallax won't adjust down enough to focus at 25 or 50yds. I put an Athlon Cronus on the first precision repeater I had, which was built around a Stiller 2500XR. Naturally, when I sold the Stiller to finance a jelrod conversion of a CMP 40X, the Cronus I'd had on the Stiller found a new home. I've been more than satisfied with the Cronus line, and now have a couple of Cronus BTRs with the finer + aiming point reticle on both V-22s, and pre-BTRs on the remaining 40XB and a CZ 457 MTR w/Shilen select match ratchet rifled bbl. I know there are nicer scopes out there, but I'd much prefer to have the four Cronus scopes on the above rifles than to have one top-tier scope on one rifle, and have to scrimp on the scopes for the remaining rifles.

This series of videos was really helpful to me during the decision making process.