• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Vudoo Gun Works V-22 Rimfire Bolt Action

Shooters, I need your help. I purchased a bag of Pro-Shot patches for cleaning my Anschutz 22 and there is a lot of loose fibers and the patch edges are easily pulled apart. I suspect this may be the case for any brand of cotton/flannel patches, but wanted to ask this Forum for your experience.

Is there a brand of patches you would recommend based on your experience?

Thanks!

Shooters, I need your help. I purchased a bag of Pro-Shot patches for cleaning my Anschutz 22 and there is a lot of loose fibers and the patch edges are easily pulled apart. I suspect this may be the case for any brand of cotton/flannel patches, but wanted to ask this Forum for your experience.

Thanks!
VFG Pellets

My skills finally catching up to the rifle. That and SK Rifle match:

CE89CF85-9DB1-4C61-92B6-F384496CB858.jpeg
89B5C624-29C0-462F-83CF-9F395A729798.jpeg

Reactions: MPrimo and 10ring1
Brownells has them in stock. I just ordered another pack of 22 and 6mm pellets.

A 500 pack lasts a long time. It only takes a few pellets after each range trip to keep a barrel clean so you never have to go crazy cleaning a gunked up barrel.
You must’ve bought all of the 6mm ones because they’re showing out of stock lol

Reactions: CBeck
I will bring some to Pueblo for the next rimfire match if you need some.
When might that be by chance? I don’t see the rimfire matches in Practiscore, just the 3 gun and 600ud matches.

30 August, Belly match in the morning and PRS at noon. Bring 100 rounds for each. Plan on movers, spinners, hostage KYL, ect. 50-220 yards.
Sweet! I will plan on going down there for that!

VFG still in stock at Brownell's. 500 packs for just under $40 shipped.

@Krob95 you have to do Hoser's match.

50 and 100yd 6x5’s from tonight both suppressed and unsuppressed. Unsuppressed definitely did better over all, but suppressed is still good enough for the girls I go with 😁 Didn’t help I had AR’s blasting next to me in an indoor range

AVG group size unsuppressed 50yd target: 0.74moa with the smallest being 0.27moa

AVG group size unsuppressed 100yd target: 0.78moa with the smallest being 0.48moa

AVG group size suppressed 50yd target: 0.85moa with the smallest being 0.65moa

AVG group size suppressed 100yd target: 1.05moa with the smallest group being 0.71moa.

135B0143-CA0E-4419-AF8C-E7B79BF44BAB.jpeg
68979E37-84CF-40BD-B022-49B18C4B9D7B.jpeg
1C0D778A-7E66-451F-A2FC-2CAB35C3C9B9.jpeg
6EE762F7-1CD6-4099-AD9C-C87EB64234BC.jpeg

Proof carbon fiber 18” barrel
Thunderbeast 22TD for the suppressed shots
Lapua Center X
aiax chassis
ZCO 5-27
Atlas PSR bipod
TT diamond single stage (for now)

Last edited:

Thanks!
I use VFG pellets or Southern Bloomer patches. Typically at the range after a session I run 3 dry VFG's down the bore and the 3rd one is clean. For deeper cleaning I'll use the patches to distribute chemicals to soak followed with brushing and pellets for final clean. Based on bore scope images it works.

I pay more attention to keeping the chamber carbon ring free. Typically I'll use Bore Tech carbon remover in the chamber after 100-150 sessions and just dry pellet the bore. I leave a wet patch in the chamber for 10 minutes, then use a bronze or nylon brush (depending on my mood) bronze by hand, nylon spun slowly with a variable speed drill motor. When the accuracy starts to drop off I'll deep clean the bore with Bore Tech Rimfire blend soak/brush/dry pellet method.

Seems to be working well after 12K plus rounds on a 1st Gen 18" Ace barrel.

I'm not normally a religious guy, but...

HALLELUJAH, GLORY BE, and AMEN!

View attachment 7363443

For those still waiting and wondering if they're next, ordered April 29, shipped today.
I got the shipping notification on my barreled action today as well but my expected delivery date isn’t until Monday :(

I would have paid for faster shipping if I would have thought about it lol

Reactions: T.Kay
I got the shipping notification on my barreled action today as well but my expected delivery date isn’t until Monday :(

I would have paid for faster shipping if I would have thought about it lol
Yeah. Not sure which is harder, waiting the 8+ weeks for the build, or the 3 days for it to ship across the country. Kind of like having a kid. Lol. And don't think for a minute there won't be lots of baby pics of my firstborn Vudoo.

Reactions: Gjmen22
Yeah. Not sure which is harder, waiting the 8+ weeks for the build, or the 3 days for it to ship across the country. Kind of like having a kid. Lol. And don't think for a minute there won't be lots of baby pics of my firstborn Vudoo.
I think the shipping wait is going to hurt worse knowing it’s so close but still out of reach. At least you’ll have the weekend to get acquainted with your new addition.

Reactions: T.Kay
It will be worth the wait.

Reactions: MLS2GO and T.Kay
I have been lurking here for about a month now and joined on 6/8 and have been reading this thread from the beginning. I have never heard or read such glowing comments about a Company it's People it's Product and Service as I have about Vudoo Gun Works. Been shooting 22 rimfire for 65 years and have been chasing small hole groups for the last 8 years since I retired. Shot Rugers, CZ's, Anschutz's, and a Kidd Supergrade. Couldn't hold off any longer so I called on 6/10 and ordered a V-22 complete rifle from Jill. It could not have gone any smoother. Then I called back a couple of days later for an add on to my order and spoke to Lisa and again it went great also. Now comes the hard part after cogitating about the rifle build. The WAIT! I also got some great recommendations about some fine products that seem to meet everybody's approval. 1. Bore Tech's Carbon Remover and Rimfire Blend. 2.20/20 Concepts Patch Worm. 3. Bore Tech's new V-22 Bore Guide. Now I would like to add one for all of you to try. Have always wanted to have a Bore Scope to see how clean my guns are after I clean them but didn't want to spring for the money. A YouTube video on Bore Scopes I watched feature a USB 26" plug and play Bore Scope camera by Teslong on Amazon for $80. I'll add a link below. It works GREAT! I was able to actually see how well the Bore Tech Carbon Remover really worked in my Kidd barrel chamber. I have ordered a scope and ammo now just waiting.

I stopped in at my local shop, brotherhood arms and picked up a barreled action today. They had a few others left on the shelf yet, so no wait time for em. Threw some random parts at it that I had laying around so I can clean up on some critters over the weekend.

Attachments

• 3680B1BB-8FEE-4911-B0D5-5A7110F3080B.jpeg
    3680B1BB-8FEE-4911-B0D5-5A7110F3080B.jpeg
    589.5 KB · Views: 169
I ordered mine in april and it took about 7 weeks. Of course all that time seems like a eternity. To top it off, I'm fixing to put it up for sale since I acquired another during the wait time.

For those who shipped their V22's to Lapua testing center, did you just use the original cardboard box that the Vudoo came in or did you buy a larger hard case box? I'm just shipping my barreled action.

I stopped in at my local shop, brotherhood arms and picked up a barreled action today. They had a few others left on the shelf yet, so no wait time for em. Threw some random parts at it that I had laying around so I can clean up on some critters over the weekend.

Looks good. Can I ask what the objective diameter is on that scope and what height M10 rings you are using? Trying to figure out what ring height I need.

Looks good. Can I ask what the objective diameter is on that scope and what height M10 rings you are using? Trying to figure out what ring height I need.
It’s a 56mm objective and either low or medium rings. Better chance of being lows but I can’t say for certain. Sorry I spend a lot of time just shooting and not on notes

It’s a 56mm objective and either low or medium rings. Better chance of being lows but I can’t say for certain. Sorry I spend a lot of time just shooting and not on notes
Thank you. I have a set of the M10's mediums laying around that I would guess should work with the ATAC-R I plan putting on whenever it decides to arrive. The NF 56 mm objective has an outside diameter of 65 mm. If you get a chance and would like to help me out I would appreciate the outside diameter of your scope objective. Is that a 30 moa rail?

Thanks again,
Gjmen22

Yes I will but it may be Sunday before I get back home to some calipers. It’s a 25x tanget theta if you are able to look up those specs

Yes I will but it may be Sunday before I get back home to some calipers. It’s a 25x tanget theta if you are able to look up those specs
Well it looks to have an OD of 65 mm also. So I just might be in luck. (y)

Thanks again.
Gjmen22

Thank you. I have a set of the M10's mediums laying around that I would guess should work with the ATAC-R I plan putting on whenever it decides to arrive. The NF 56 mm objective has an outside diameter of 65 mm. If you get a chance and would like to help me out I would appreciate the outside diameter of your scope objective. Is that a 30 moa rail?

Thanks again,
Gjmen22

I'm using the M-10 mediums, 60 MOA rail, with my ATACR. No problems. There's about 1/8" of space left between the bell and the barrel.

Lows would be really close. I run 1" rings and there's a small amount of clearance, which can vary based on what sort of caps you're running or if you want to run a bikini, etc.

I was considering the ARC Low's but they're .94" and I felt they were too low, so I went with Seekins 1". I run ARC mediums on my other rifle.

30MOA rail.

Lows would be really close. I run 1" rings and there's a small amount of clearance, which can vary based on what sort of caps you're running or if you want to run a bikini, etc.

I was considering the ARC Low's but they're .94" and I felt they were too low, so I went with Seekins 1". I run ARC mediums on my other rifle.

30MOA rail.
What barrel profile? MTU or Kukri?