• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Vudoo Gun Works V-22 Rimfire Bolt Action

Excellent! 30 Moa it is.

Barrel-20" is the consensus?

I'm debating the scope
Taking a look at the Vortex Golden Eagle now, remember, I'm semi retired and not running and gunning matches.

I'm in the beginning stages of the Vudoo rifle, Apparition. Looking at the MTU contour, is there a "sweet spot" in regards to barrel length? Just for information, Most of it's shooting will be at 50-100, occasional trip to 200 or 300. I don't do any formal competition, just bench shooting for fun. It's not a "trainer" etc, again, just a fun gun.
Looking at the Vortex Golden Eagle scope for it, what scope base should I go with?

I understand I will have to talk with them, but to get into it and potentially upgrade later to a better chassis if needed, I plan to go with the KRG Bravo initially. Didn't see it on the drop down.

Oh, what's the typical lead time?

Appreciate it!

Mark

22" balances better than a 20". I'd go w/ a 40 MOA base if your scope has enough travel. Most do. 40 MOA is about 13 MILS. You'll need a scope capable of at least 26 MILS total elevation travel.

Welp, got word today that my build is going to be held up... but - I'm glad. hahaha!

Vudoo contacted me today saying that the barrel I chose for my build (20" Ace Kukri) is on backorder and that my rifle wouldn't be hitting the date they originally gave me for an estimated delivery (March 4th). They did however give me the option to change to a Bartlein barrel and no fluting to still hit the date they gave me... to which I declined. I figured if I'm going to build this thing I want it to me exactly what I want.... yet still -- this is good customer service in my book. Let the customer know what's up and give them options (if there are any).

I'm glad that this is pushing my build out tho... I've had some "other things" pop up that have pushed on funds as of late. Vudoo gave me the opportunity to push my date out (I chose June 1st) so I'm not starting over again... which is cool. I also asked if I could make payments on the build between now and then and they were happy to take my money.... "whatever / whenever you want to put some money down - send and email and we'll get it done - no problem".... so that's cool too!

I'm getting back into dirt-biking. My 11yo son has been bugging me to teach him how to ride and I've decided to take the plunge while he's still young enough to get hurt and pop right back up... lol.... Got a good deal on a bike for him last weekend and I just put my deposit down on a 2021 Beta 500RR-S!

No matter what way I cut this pie I'm set to have a killer summer! (and spend all my monies whilst doing so! 🤷‍♂️)

Vudoo did an excellent job on their ACE barrels. I went with Bartlein for mine, but if you talk with the guys at Vudoo they pretty much say that there is zero difference in terms of accuracy. I guess the determining factor for me at this time is if selecting one brand over the other has an impact on the delivery date.

MOA rail? I got the 20MOA rail. Why? Basically, it more useable at closer ranges. BUT-I also use Burris Signature scope rings. These come with polymer inserts that I can add or subtract scope angle up to 40MOA in 5MOA increments if I need it. The other nice thing about these rings is that you can adjust for cant if necessary, and the polymer inserts won't mark the scope tube at all.

Reactions: k-space
Guess what I got. I got the ultimate tease. LGS received my Vudoo and I went to pick it up today. Guess what you can't get with a temporary drivers license (renewed mine on Wednesday). I got to hold it and fondle it but I can't bring it home until I have my permanent drivers license. It sucks to suck

Reactions: jdodd and Williwaw
Hey guys, possibly stupid question, but can you single load the V22? Im looking at getting one and a range I may shoot at doesnt allow mag feeding (dont ask why).

Cheers guys. You vudoo's all look darn awesome. Just wish the price wasnt so high in Australia for them.

Hey guys, possibly stupid question, but can you single load the V22? Im looking at getting one and a range I may shoot at doesnt allow mag feeding (dont ask why).

Cheers guys. You vudoo's all look darn awesome. Just wish the price wasnt so high in Australia for them.
Actually I've been wondering myself, yes I know the single shot action is here but I'm buying a repeater because that's how it will be used 95% of the time and I'm not dropping the coin for a single shooter(go ahead call me a poor). I shoot some F class type matches and they don't allow you to load up the magazine. My CZ has a ss sled mag insert so it was never an issue but the Vudoo is on the way and the ss issue has crossed my mind. I'm on this thread fairly regular, but I can't say I've seen this subject.

Hi Guys, Yes you can single load your vudoo. Vudoo sells a plate that works as a feed ramp.
alum_ss_follower_single.jpg

1. alum_ss_follower_single-200x200.jpg
  2. alum_ss_follower-200x200.jpg
  3. 20190408_085745-200x200.jpg
  4. 20190408_085730-200x200.jpg
$69.95
Vudoo V22 Single Shot Follower Insert – Aluminum
This is only compatible with serial numbers VGW3400 and below.
RH/LHChoose an optionRight HandLeft Hand
Single Shot Follower Insert - Aluminum quantity
Add to cart
Category: Miscellaneous SKU: VGWSSF-ATag: Single
Share this product
Share on TwitterShare on PinterestShare on LinkedInShare on WhatsAppShare on Facebook

Hi Guys, Yes you can single load your vudoo. Vudoo sells a plate that works as a feed ramp.
alum_ss_follower_single.jpg

1. alum_ss_follower_single-200x200.jpg
  2. alum_ss_follower-200x200.jpg
  3. 20190408_085745-200x200.jpg
  4. 20190408_085730-200x200.jpg
$69.95
Vudoo V22 Single Shot Follower Insert – Aluminum
This is only compatible with serial numbers VGW3400 and below.
RH/LHChoose an optionRight HandLeft Hand
Single Shot Follower Insert - Aluminum quantity
Add to cart
Category: Miscellaneous SKU: VGWSSF-ATag: Single
Share this product
Share on TwitterShare on PinterestShare on LinkedInShare on WhatsAppShare on Facebook
Yes, I remember seeing that on the website but it has the caveat about serial# and below, makes me wonder if it's compatible with current production. I need to email Vudoo about that.

Yes Vudoo makes a single shot adaptor, check there web site. There's a small screw on the underside of the action that holds the ejector in, remove it and the single shot adaptor goes in.

Yes, I remember seeing that on the website but it has the caveat about serial# and below, makes me wonder if it's compatible with current production. I need to email Vudoo about that.
It’s not compatible with current production.

MB

If its doable and I just need to machine one up then thats ok. I have access to a mill and lathe anyway. But would like to know if its doable... I have 2 spare stocks to suit so one for field work and one for BR/F-Class. Its 3k plus Aussie for a barreled action so I cant afford a V22S.....yet.

So is there a reliable single feed option for a mag fed Vudoo that you're aware of?
There’s currently no option, such as a single feed adapter, but it’s doable. The bore diameter in the Gen 2 and Gen 3 receivers is smaller than the bore of the Gen 1, so the original adapter doesn’t fit the later receivers. The current Gen 3 (V-22S) feed tray will not work in the Gen 2 repeater because the bolt noses are different (six o’clock vs twelve o’clock). If one were to single load a round by starting it into the chamber with fingers, the bolt will chamber the round and close just fine (push feed).

MB

Reactions: Quickoz
There’s currently no option, such as a single feed adapter, but it’s doable. The bore diameter in the Gen 2 and Gen 3 receivers is smaller than the bore of the Gen 1, so the original adapter doesn’t fit the later receivers. The current Gen 3 (V-22S) feed tray will not work in the Gen 2 repeater because the bolt noses are different (six o’clock vs twelve o’clock). If one were to single load a round by starting it into the chamber with fingers, the bolt will chamber the round and close just fine (push feed).

MB
Mike,

Thanks mate. I'm happy with treating it as a pushfeed. I wont be shooting it single feed all the time but every now and then will need to.

Hopefully get to order one in the next few months when funds allow and I have enough brandy points with the chief minister of war and finance.

Reactions: RAVAGE88

MB
Mike,

Sorry for another question, will the round still extract and eject fine if single loaded via push feed?

Mike,

Sorry for another question, will the round still extract and eject fine if single loaded via push feed?
Ask as many questions as you like, Dude.

Yessir, the extractors snap over the rim just fine and as long as the ejector isn't removed, spent cases will be extracted normally.

MB

Ask as many questions as you like, Dude.

Yessir, the extractors snap over the rim just fine and as long as the ejector isn't removed, spent cases will be extracted normally.

MB
Cheers mate. Perfect. I've pretty much decided what I wanna order. Just need to contact aussie supplier and find out wait time so I can plan.

I'll probably get a 20" MTU barreled action, in either Black or FDE. And run a Bix N Andy TacSport Pro as I have one of them in my trued rem varmint rig.

Love the videos on youtube mate. You guys have done an awesome job.

I do have another question aswell. I've seen a few guys say they find the Vudoos just seem to shoot much better then Anschutz and similar beyond 100yds/m. Is that because of the cut rifled barrels or ignition system in the bolt. Ive been wondering this for the last few days. I know a reasonable amount about centrefires but rimfires I'm still a newbie more so on the more technical aspects of making them shoot small.

MB

Mike,

Would the single feed adapter work in the newer Gen 2 if you fitted and attached it to the magazine? The profile would be very similar to just the magazine and you would use the same ejector as you do with out the single feed. I know this would require some altering of the single feed adapter and the magazine. I made couple of these for my Gen 1's and only used a hacksaw and a file to build them, they turned out great. I just thought it might be easier for Ouickoz to go that route.

Last edited:
Cheers mate. Perfect. I've pretty much decided what I wanna order. Just need to contact aussie supplier and find out wait time so I can plan.

I'll probably get a 20" MTU barreled action, in either Black or FDE. And run a Bix N Andy TacSport Pro as I have one of them in my trued rem varmint rig.

Love the videos on youtube mate. You guys have done an awesome job.

I do have another question aswell. I've seen a few guys say they find the Vudoos just seem to shoot much better then Anschutz and similar beyond 100yds/m. Is that because of the cut rifled barrels or ignition system in the bolt. Ive been wondering this for the last few days. I know a reasonable amount about centrefires but rimfires I'm still a newbie more so on the more technical aspects of making them shoot small.
Thanks Dude.

The "system" approach is what creates consistency and at distance, the way the bullet is handled from the magazine during the feeding process really starts to show up. While I obviously choose to go against the grain and use cut-rifled barrels, I've also experienced great results at distance using button barrels. While I agree that ammo and barrels are hugely important to accuracy and precision in a rimfire, I also see a difference in how things are handled in the action that shows up on the target.

MB

Mike,

Would the single feed adapter work in the newer Gen 2 if you fitted and attached it to the magazine? The profile would be very similar to just the magazine and you would use the same ejector as you do with out the single feed. I know this would require some altering of the single feed adapter and the magazine. I made couple of these for my Gen 1's and only used a hacksaw and a file to build them, they turned out great. I just thought it might be easier for Ouickoz to go that route.
Yessir, sure will. What you did with the very first 3D printed adapters (the green one) by affixing it to a magazine body would be perfect.

MB

Reactions: ccollier
Mike,

Would like to see some pictures of this. That's exactly what I'm interested in is a mag based solution for single feed even if it requires permanently modifying one magazine.

Reactions: One Mile Up
Thanks Dude.

The "system" approach is what creates consistency and at distance, the way the bullet is handled from the magazine during the feeding process really starts to show up. While I obviously choose to go against the grain and use cut-rifled barrels, I've also experienced great results at distance using button barrels. While I agree that ammo and barrels are hugely important to accuracy and precision in a rimfire, I also see a difference in how things are handled in the action that shows up on the target.

MB
Thats fair enough. As the bullet wouldnt get damaged at all in your setup compared to say the 64 were I can see the bullet touch slightly so that will probably explain it. Nice.

Look forward to getting one. Already have a good mate keen to compare it against his Stiller 2500X BR rig in accuracy. I'll put it in my Farley with Bag Riders for that test and throw my NF Comp on it.

Thats fair enough. As the bullet wouldnt get damaged at all in your setup compared to say the 64 were I can see the bullet touch slightly so that will probably explain it. Nice.

Look forward to getting one. Already have a good mate keen to compare it against his Stiller 2500X BR rig in accuracy. I'll put it in my Farley with Bag Riders for that test and throw my NF Comp on it.
Mine will hopefully come by the end of March, can't wait 👍
On a side note, how's the rimfire ammo situation "down under".

A few random thoughts.. haven't posted here in awhile.

Barrel length:
Unless the Vudoo magicians have changed things since I got mine almost two years ago, the barrel you receive is likely to be a little shorter than what you order. In my case, I ordered 20" Kukri; as soon as I opened the box, I thought, "thats short" and sure enough it measured very close to 19 inches. I emailed Jill to ask about it; within minutes I had the response: they started with 20" blank and cut it at narrowest point for optimal accuracy. She offered to replace my barrel with one truly 20" in length if I wanted - nope, no need; it shoots; all good.

Barrel Tuner:
A buddy of mine has a Harrell barrel tuner he hasn't been using. Just for grins, I borrowed it to see what it would do to help my CZ-455 (16" threaded "Tacticool" barrel, mounted in MDT chassis) be more consistent. Well, with older Lapua-sourced Wolf Match Target (SK Std+) ammo, it did seem to tighten the groups noticeably in the roughly 50-round experiment. I didn't use any of my Center-X stash for this, but historically the WMT and CX performed similarly at 50 yards.

So, for giggles, I put the tuner on my Vudoo. First, I fired 10 rounds of Center-X to foul the just-cleaned bore. Then I fired a 5-round control group. Rounds 2-5 exemplified the best groups - essentially one hole, about 1/4" edge to edge - with first round 3/16" right. Second 5-round group, of course, wasn't that tight but still Vudoo-typical and as good as the CZ with "tuned tuner."

So I put the tuner on... bottom line is, after dinking with it for most of a box of Center-X using Hopewell tuning method, I took the thing off and went back to plinking half- or three-quarter-inch stones off the 100-yard berm.

EDIT: The Center-X used in my Vudoo is from the lot-tested cases from the AZ Lapua test center - so it stands to reason that maybe the tuner would have less effect than with a random lot of whatever.

Full disclosure: I do have a Kinetic Security Solutions ATS tuner on my Defiance Deviant/Bartlein .223... I struggled to get that rifle to shoot as well as a .223 should, and the tuner made a positive difference.

Magazines & feeding:
My Vudoo is in an MPA BA Comp chassis with adjustable mag catch. I have three polymer magazines and two 15-round aluminum ones. I believe it's been mentioned in this thread that the aluminum ones seem to fit a tiny bit tighter in a given stock or chassis than the polymer ones. This is true for mine. I do get more nose-down jams (using Center-X) with the metal ones than I'd like... bullet noses drag a little on the inside of the mag... is it enough to affect feeding...? With match season starting, I think I'll call Vudoo and discuss the situation.

New-gen Vudoo?
My rifle is first-generation. I love the thing. But, being retired and not traveling for a year due to Covid, "fun funds" are topped off. Is it time to try the goodness of the latest iteration of the V-22 repeater? Hmm.

Last edited:
A few random thoughts.. haven't posted here in awhile.

Barrel length:
Unless the Vudoo magicians have changed things since I got mine almost two years ago, the barrel you receive is likely to be a little shorter than what you order. In my case, I ordered 20" Kukri; as soon as I opened the box, I thought, "thats short" and sure enough it measured very close to 19 inches. I emailed Jill to ask about it; within minutes I had the response: they started with 20" blank and cut it at narrowest point for optimal accuracy. She offered to replace my barrel with one truly 20" in length if I wanted - nope, no need; it shoots; all good.

Barrel Tuner:
A buddy of mine has a Harrell barrel tuner he hasn't been using. Just for grins, I borrowed it to see what it would do to help my CZ-455 (16" threaded "Tacticool" barrel, mounted in MDT chassis) be more consistent. Well, with older Lapua-sourced Wolf Match Target (SK Std+) ammo, it did seem to tighten the groups noticeably in the roughly 50-round experiment. I didn't use any of my Center-X stash for this, but historically the WMT and CX performed similarly at 50 yards.

So, for giggles, I put the tuner on my Vudoo. First, I fired 10 rounds of Center-X to foul the just-cleaned bore. Then I fired a 5-round control group. Rounds 2-5 exemplified the best groups - essentially one hole, about 1/4" edge to edge - with first round 3/16" right. Second 5-round group, of course, wasn't that tight but still Vudoo-typical and as good as the CZ with "tuned tuner."

So I put the tuner on... bottom line is, after dinking with it for most of a box of Center-X using Hopewell tuning method, I took the thing off and went back to plinking half- or three-quarter-inch stones off the 100-yard berm.

Full disclosure: I do have a Kinetic Security Solutions ATS tuner on my Defiance Deviant/Bartlein .223... I struggled to get that rifle to shoot as well as a .223 should, and the tuner made a positive difference.

Magazines & feeding:
My Vudoo is in an MPA BA Comp chassis with adjustable mag catch. I have three polymer magazines and two 15-round aluminum ones. I believe it's been mentioned in this thread that the aluminum ones seem to fit a tiny bit tighter in a given stock or chassis than the polymer ones. This is true for mine. I do get more nose-down jams (using Center-X) with the metal ones than I'd like... bullet noses drag a little on the inside of the mag... is it enough to affect feeding...? With match season starting, I think I'll call Vudoo and discuss the situation.

New-gen Vudoo?
My rifle is first-generation. I love the thing. But, being retired and not traveling for a year due to Covid, "fun funds" are topped off. Is it time to try the goodness of the latest iteration of the V-22 repeater? Hmm.
Hey Dude, from what point did you measure barrel length?

MB

Yesterday was New Vudoo Day for me! I am fortunate to have Mile High local to me. I stopped in to complete a build sheet and was prepared to wait in the production cue. I called VGW and Greg patiently answered all my questions. When I called MH to submit my order, they had just received a stock order, and offered to do an in-house build. I switched chassis to an item they had in stock, and upgraded to a TT Diamond- easiest up sell ever! One week from order to delivery.
My build:
18” Kukri, 30 MOA rail, large bolt handle
TT Diamond trigger
KRG X-ray chassis in FDE
Vortex Viper PST, 5-25 FFP, mil
Hawkins Precision LW 30mm rings
Atlas bipod
I picked up 2 bricks of SK Standard Plus to start with.
I have been saving for 1-1/2 years to do this, can’t wait to shoot it! I will have to go to an indoor range, too cold and windy to shoot outdoors. Pretty excited!

Yesterday was New Vudoo Day for me! I am fortunate to have Mile High local to me. I stopped in to complete a build sheet and was prepared to wait in the production cue. I called VGW and Greg patiently answered all my questions. When I called MH to submit my order, they had just received a stock order, and offered to do an in-house build. I switched chassis to an item they had in stock, and upgraded to a TT Diamond- easiest up sell ever! One week from order to delivery.
My build:
TT Diamond trigger
KRG X-ray chassis in FDE
Atlas bipod
I have been saving for 1-1/2 years to do this, can’t wait to shoot it! I will have to go to an indoor range, too cold and windy to shoot outdoors. Pretty excited!
CONGRATS!! Welcome to the party. You might need to post a pic lol lol

My build:
TT Diamond trigger
KRG X-ray chassis in FDE
Atlas bipod
Congratulations I’m in the process of saving for one myself.