• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Vudoo Gun Works V-22 Rimfire Bolt Action

What about chambering? I don't know what the different ones are and the pros/cons to each, but I assume it will matter to some people.

Also, what kind of ammo would you suggest? Please say CCI SV, cuz I have a metric shit tone of it. :rolleyes:
I just got my vudoo in a week ago. Tried to feed some CCI Minimags and it wouldnt chamber.

Switched to SK and it ran like a sewing machine. Don't try to feed it anything but match ammo.

Reactions: mrmarklin
16D83D4A-F9E6-4B54-BB7A-46F8824FA58F.jpeg

Just got got a new blank to get spun up. Hopefully it’ll be tuned to the 9th harmonic as is…

A Q-Tip will help clean wax out of the chamber. But I think something is not good with the extractor on the bolt. Might take a close look by removing the bolt and placing a round on the bolt face and see how well it grips the case.

Reactions: 4Certain and AUMan
For anyone looking for the G3 360 22 inch barreled action, GCP Rifle Co has them in stock, 9 MTU and 9 Kukri as I last checked. I wish they have the 20 inch ones. Still patiently waiting for my preorder from Altus.

The only reason I ordered the 20 inch one was because I watched a video on Vudoo's face book where a sponsored shooter talked about chopping barrels from 26 inch all the way down to 16,m and he thinks the sweet spot is 18-20?
here is the link

The only reason I ordered the 20 inch one was because I watched a video on Vudoo's face book where a sponsored shooter talked about chopping barrels from 26 inch all the way down to 16,m and he thinks the sweet spot is 18-20?
here is the link

A few more recent posts/videos have found that 22" have smaller SD/ES so a lot of people have gone 22". Also that extra 2" of steel is really useful to help balance the rifle for PRS.

Reactions: BattleFieldDuke
here is the link

According to that video my 22” barrel should be shooting slow. Every lot of lapua and sk I’ve shot has been between 1070-1100. The Eley I’m shooting now says 1053 on the box but is 1115 average. I had a 24” barrel on another rifle and the velocities were less than 10 fps between the two rifles. I don’t know wtf he’s talking about seeing less than 1000 fps on barrels over 21”.

According to that video my 22” barrel should be shooting slow. Every lot of lapua and sk I’ve shot has been between 1070-1100. The Eley I’m shooting now says 1053 on the box but is 1115 average. I had a 24” barrel on another rifle and the velocities were less than 10 fps between the two rifles. I don’t know wtf he’s talking about seeing less than 1000 fps on barrels over 21”.
Every box velocity ( say Eley 1053) came out of 25 1/2 to 26" test barrel.

Comparing my 18" to 22" I do get slower velocities. On my 18" Vudoo I get 1075, and on my 22" Vudoo I get 1055 for the same ammo. I'm running a Center-X lot of 24xx, so I just picked up some new lots of 29xx to make up that velocity and get me back up to the 1075's hopefully. This is at sea level.

here is the link

I ordered 22” after speaking with the fine folks at Vudoo. On a related note I got word it’s in final assembly!!!

I didn't change it but I debated 20" vs 22" and decided 22" due to balancing. Not that you can't balance a 22" but easier or less weights. I currently have a tikka that is 20" and wanted a little more length.

Reactions: r3plicator
Cleaning question:
I have been using bronze brushes ( like most competitive rimfire BR shooters ) to clean my BR rimfire rifles for years. Now I have a new Vudoo repeater and according to Vudoo tutorials on cleaning, we should only use nylon brushes. Any infos that Vudoo barrels are different, like more fragile ?

Thanks guys for your input.

Gilbert

There are no issues using bronze brushes on a Vudoo. Steel is not more fragile. Same as others.

I didn't change it but I debated 20" vs 22" and decided 22" due to balancing. Not that you can't balance a 22" but easier or less weights. I currently have a tikka that is 20" and wanted a little more length.
I also chose 22" for balance. Although, I would have gone even longer if they offered it because, after I added my optic, the rifle feels a tad too rear heavy.

Reactions: Badjujuu
Nice subjective opinion, as gillis2 noted, the opinion of Vudoo differs from your own.

To gillis2, you will get two sides to this story. You can go with the bronze as the above recommended, or you can go with what the manufacturer recommends.

You'll see many people against bronze and much fewer against nylon.

Nylon with a good cleaner (bore tech) works very well.

Bronze brushes have been used a lot longer than vudoo has been making guns. There is absolutely no harm in using them. Nylon brush won't ever get carbon build up out
That's why you use a non corrosive solvent to get the carbon ring out...Bore Tech Rimfire Blend works well. I've used brass brushes and bore snakes for decades, but I'm not putting them in the bore of my Vudoo, the guy that designed them said not to use them, I think he might know what is best for his design.

That's why you use a non corrosive solvent to get the carbon ring out...Bore Tech Rimfire Blend works well. I've used brass brushes and bore snakes for decades, but I'm not putting them in the bore of my Vudoo, the guy that designed them said not to use them, I think he might know what is best for his design.

Lmao yeah that's right he reinvented the wheel huh. Barrel steel is no different for vudoo than other companies.

Thanks for your opinions people, keep them coming. On one side I want to clean well and I know rimfire BR crowd have been using bronze brushes for a long time and on the other side I want to be cautious with my Vudoo bore. If rimfire blend + nylon brush does the job, it might be enough but I also feel, when using them, that brushing with nylon bristles is like not brushing at all...
Thanks all
Gilbert

Reactions: Fuckmikebush
I've had zero issues cleaning my Vudoo, or any other barrel, using Bore Tech cleaning products and nylon brushes, patches, and felt pellets. I've haven't touched a barrel with a brass brush for 20 years. It's not necessary. But if you prefer a brass brush, it's your barrel. In theory you should have no issues with brass vs. SS.

And step up and buy the big bottles of C4, Rimfire Blend, and Eliminator. Especially C4. You're gonna use it and it's so much cheaper/ ounce.:D

Reactions: CBeck and Cowpokey
Thanks for your opinions people, keep them coming. On one side I want to clean well and I know rimfire BR crowd have been using bronze brushes for a long time and on the other side I want to be cautious with my Vudoo bore. If rimfire blend + nylon brush does the job, it might be enough but I also feel, when using them, that brushing with nylon bristles is like not brushing at all...
Thanks all
Gilbert

You won't hurt anything cleaning with a bronze brush in the Vudoo. I would bet I have had my Vudoo longer than most anyone here and there is no damage from bronze brushes in the 4.5 years I have owned it. You can also use nylon if you like as they won't hurt anything either. The whole "have to do what Vudoo says" is a little off in my opinion as if Vudoo said you have to stand on one leg and hum happy birthday while cleaning some here would do that too. LOL The steel is no different from centerfire barrels so unless you think bronze will hurt centerfire bores then no it won't hurt Vudoo bore either.

Mr. Cowpokey: Why did you stop using brass burshes ?
Thanks
Gilbert

I hope to God he's not using a brass brush. Most are bronze and I've been shooting rfbr for over 10 yrs with zero issues of using a bronze brush. I use c4 after about a brick of ammo and just regular cleaning.

Mr. Cowpokey: Why did you stop using brass burshes ?
Thanks
Gilbert
Because you can't "scrub" the chamber with them. When you use a brass brush you push it from breach out through muzzle, if you ever stop part way through and try to pull it back it will bind up.

Reactions: Jefe's Dope
Because you can't "scrub" the chamber with them. When you use a brass brush you push it from breach out through muzzle, if you ever stop part way through and try to pull it back it will bind up.

See you're using a bronze brush wrong. You don't push brushes through a rimfire you pull them through from muzzle to breach. That way if you do happen to knock off carbon you aren't dragging it down the barrel.

You're not supposed to change direction in the bore with a brush whether it's centerfire or rimfire. And you can clean the chamber with one by sticking it in and spinning it in the chamber.

Reactions: mrmarklin
You're not supposed to change direction in the bore with a brush whether it's centerfire or rimfire. And you can clean the chamber with one by sticking it in and spinning it in the chamber.
What are you going to do with it after you finish spinning it...push it out the muzzle?

You can also soak a mop with cleaner and stick it in the chamber and let it marinate to get the carbon ring out.

I've seen a prominent center fire shooter use a drill to clean his chambers. Blew my mind, but they go through barrels a lot faster than we do in rimfire. They can be damaged from faulty cleaning that's for sure. Couldn't believe he used a drill to clean 🤯 but whatever works do it.

Reactions: Rob01
What are you going to do with it after you finish spinning it...push it out the muzzle?

You can also soak a mop with cleaner and stick it in the chamber and let it marinate to get the carbon ring out.

No it will come right back out the chamber as you are only putting it in about 1/2". I do it all the time.