• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Vudoo V-22S Single Shot BR/F-Class Action

Graham Wind Flags are what I use.....they are awesome!!!! I have the Rimfire Ball Flags. The far flag to the left is a Graham Large Ball Flag.

Things that helped me........

A rifle that shoots consistent to begin with.
Good ammo
Harrell Tuner
Bob's Tube's 6 1/2" bloop tube
A good set of flags and practice a lot over them when the wind is blowing. If I had a dime for everytime I've been told it's a waste of time shooting in the crazy winds we practice in.........I'd be rich. ;)
So true. Some people snicker at me when you throw out the wind flags as I do even for airgun shooting when on private land. But a guy can't really do it around here while at the range. So I sit next to the range flag and can see it's shadow in my left eye and go by feel and sound (better than nothing anyway).

Reactions: BowChamp
Decided to post about my Vudoo. 200yds with 2 different lots of R50, with limb saver that I use on all rifles. 22" Benchmark barrel, Kestros stock with cheek rest removed.

Attachments

• IMG_0217.jpg
    IMG_0217.jpg
    467.7 KB · Views: 142
Can any of you give me a brief summary of how you've setup your V22s ignition system? Spring? Turns on the bolt? etc. Thanks very much for helping out.

Can any of you give me a brief summary of how you've setup your V22s ignition system? Spring? Turns on the bolt? etc. Thanks very much for helping out.
Either use chisel pt as is or: reshape pin as Ivan Wells suggests. I am currently using Ivan’s reshaped version, pt hitting .018 in from edge, 16# spring, 1 turn out .019 depth hit, 2 turns out .014 dh & 3 turns out .011 dh. Spring has been dipped in acetone to remove paint, pointed ends of spring have been stoned off and inside of spring has been polished with 400 grit wet and dry. Used a 1/8” wooden rod with slot cut from end down 3/4” lgth of rod center. Insert in hand drill and polish, be careful not to heat up spring.
Sorry this isn’t brief!

Reactions: UncleDunk
Either use chisel pt as is or: reshape pin as Ivan Wells suggests. I am currently using Ivan’s reshaped version, pt hitting .018 in from edge, 16# spring, 1 turn out .019 depth hit, 2 turns out .014 dh & 3 turns out .011 dh. Spring has been dipped in acetone to remove paint, pointed ends of spring have been stoned off and inside of spring has been polished with 400 grit wet and dry. Used a 1/8” wooden rod with slot cut from end down 3/4” lgth of rod center. Insert in hand drill and polish, be careful not to heat up spring.
Sorry this isn’t brief!
Stephen T, thanks so much for the info. A follow up question. At the three different ignition settings (1 turn, 2 turns, 3 turns), did you see any change to accuracy. Is one of those three a preferred setting for your rifle?

Thanks again!

Stephen T, thanks so much for the info. A follow up question. At the three different ignition settings (1 turn, 2 turns, 3 turns), did you see any change to accuracy. Is one of those three a preferred setting for your rifle?

Thanks again!
I am trying 2 turns nest as .011 hit depth gave to many FTF’s.
My fall back will be the chisel pt pin.

Sorry this isn’t brief!
Any details to share on what Ivan's method of reshaping pin is??

I adjusted the spring out 2 turns which reduced the number of FTF's (I believe Mike Bush recommended this) but I still have some FTF's. I removed the paint from the OEM spring (white as installed IIRC), nothing else done.

Any details to share on what Ivan's method of reshaping pin is??

I adjusted the spring out 2 turns which reduced the number of FTF's (I believe Mike Bush recommended this) but I still have some FTF's. I removed the paint from the OEM spring (white as installed IIRC), nothing else done.
Check for ivan wells posts.

Does anyone know where I can get lighter firing pin springs for my Vudoo V22S. My rifle shipped with an 18lb. and 22lb. firing pin spring. I would like to try a 16lb. if I can get one.

Called Vudoo and was told they no longer provide the lighter springs.

Thanks

Consistency in depth is the key. Set up a accurate way to measure it. From our testing .015-.018 is fine as long as consistency is achieved. +\- .0004 of your target depth. Tad made a new firing pin body for ours that accepts replaceable striker pins and also to correct bolt nose to pin body dimensions. Bolt nose hole to striker pin dimension needs to be addressed also. If you plan to use the crescent shape the dimensions become more critical. The surface area of this type pin is taxing on any system and requires more attention to detail. We use the crescent shape striker pin of Tad's design that he shapes in the lathe with tool post grinder set up. As far as the spring we use, I'm not sure. Ill ask Tad and try to remember to reply back. I'm 90% sure it is not a vudoo supplied spring.
Todd

Can anyone share the spring diameter, the wire diameter and the length of the spring? Vudoo springs only please.

Thanks!

Can anyone share the spring diameter, the wire diameter and the length of the spring? Vudoo springs only please.

Thanks!
I was lucky enough to come into possession of a spring kit from Vudoo. So now I have a Blue 13lb, Red14lb, White 15lb, Green 16lb, Grey 17lb, 18lb. and 22lb. firing pin spring

Here are the measurements from this set of springs. Measured with calipers. All springs new except 18lb. as noted.

Weight- OAL- ID- OD- wire diameter

Blue 13lb.- 2.414"- .288"- .391"- .053"

Red 14lb.- 2.414"- .288"- .392"- .053"

White 15lb.- 2.414"- .290"- .393"- .053"

Green 16lb.- 2.414"- .290"- .393"- .054

Grey 17lb.- 2.414"- .289"- .393"- .053"

Used 18lb.- 2.400"- .289"- .392"- .052".......came in rifle, been used for 4 months and about 5000 rds.

22lb.- 2.217"- .295"- .408"- .060"

Hope this helps.

20230910_100309.jpg

Last edited:
I would like to mount a Muller barrel on a V22S Vudoo, what would be your advice in the stright or ross taper, if you can justify your choice it would be interesting to decide.

Little update on my firing pin and spring adventure.

I made a little change to the tip profile of my firing pin about a month after receiving it from Vudoo and was using the 18lb. spring that came with the rifle....had no problems.
I picked up a spring kit for my rifle and put the blue 13lb. in. After three range sessions of about 200rds each, I had one fail to fire during each sessions.......one Lapua, one RWS and one Eley. After all this I took my bolt apart and cleaned real good. I've shot about 1000rds. since with no fail to fires.
Does my rifle shoot better........well........it doesn't shoot any worse. With my style of shooting, not sure I'll be able to see a difference on target.

This pic shows my firing pin strike before and after re-profile with 18lb spring it came with from Vudoo.
Top row.............re-profiled firing pin with 18lb spring
Bottom row.....Factory firing pin profile with 18lb spring
20231011_111551.jpg

This is after I reprofiled the firing pin and shows strikes with 3 different springs.

Left row 18lb spring....center row white 15lb. spring.........right row blue 13lb spring

20230911_164526.jpg

I just returned from shooting rimfire benchrest in the Huntsman World Senior Games held near St. George, Utah. This competition comprises of three days of shooting the IBS target at 50 yds. One piece rests were not allowed. Each day, four targets were shot for at total of 100 rounds. The three day total is 300 rounds for a possible score of 3,000. There were 58 competitors, from all the surrounding states, Colorado, Calif. Hawaii and various others. There were three relays, 9:00, 11:30 and 2:00. Each relay rotated to the next time the following day. I know of four Vudoo rifles in this match, maybe more. The 3rd O/A rifle shot was also a Vudoo.
IMG_2653.jpg

My score was 3,000-238X. I shot in the unlimited class, where the maximum rifle weight of 13.5 lbs. Wind conditions were close to ideal, a slight variable breeze most of the time, with occasional periods of dead calm. The first day, there were 13 scores of 1,000. The second day, there were 7 scores totaling 2,000, and the third day this was reduced to three scores totaling 3,000 and the winner was decided by X count. My average X count for the 12 targets shot is 19.8 shooting Eley Match ammo. I shoot free-recoil, only touching the trigger.

Here is my set-up:
IMG_2764.jpg

And here is the view down range showing my home made wind flags.

1698085439425.png

My front rest is a Rodzilla T-Rex and the rear rest is a Holeshot. It was a fun match and I heartily recommend it to all.

Last edited:
Congratulations is right - well done!

I hope the folks who say that they don't see any Vudoo rifles in the winners circle see this post.

A great looking gun and a fellow who uses it well.;)

Good job!

Congratulations

this just goes to show that the V22S are terribly accurate in France and produce incredible results easily!!!!!!!!!!!!

Jacques

I just returned from shooting rimfire benchrest in the Huntsman World Senior Games held near St. George, Utah. This competition comprises of three days of shooting the IBS target at 50 yds. One piece rests were not allowed. Each day, four targets were shot for at total of 100 rounds. The three day total is 300 rounds for a possible score of 3,000. There were 58 competitors, from all the surrounding states, Colorado, Calif. Hawaii and others I can't remember. There were three relays, 9:00, 11:30 and 2:00. Each relay rotated to the next time the following day. I know of four Vudoo rifles in this match, maybe more. The 3rd O/A rifle shot was also a Vudoo.
View attachment 8255541

My score was 3,000-238X. I shot in the unlimited class, where the maximum rifle weight of 13.5 lbs. Wind conditions were close to ideal, a slight variable breeze most of the time, with occasional periods of dead calm. The first day, there were 13 scores of 1,000. The second day, there were 7 scores totaling 2,000, and the third day this was reduced to three scores totaling 3,000 and the winner was decided by X count. My average X count for the 12 targets shot is 19.8 shooting Eley Match ammo.

Here is my set-up:View attachment 8255551

View attachment 8255546

My front rest is a Rodzilla T-Rex and the rear rest is a Holeshot. It was a fun match and I heartily recommend it to all.
Great shooting Steve! I see you are using a mechanical rear rest. glad to see they allow them, back in 2021 my good friend shot that match and they tried to rule that rear as illegal fortunately as my friend pointed out there was no rule in the book on it. that year also cut out a day's relay because of flooding from rains. well, you know as you were there.
I was planning on shooting it this year as I am in N. Las Vegas, but the scheduling conflicted with the AZ ARA State match. maybe next year
is the Eley you were shooting current production?

Lee

Hi-NV, Yes, I was there on the curtailed 2021 match. And had 20 mph winds on my Monday relay. Yes, 2023 production Eley Match, 1023-06177@1051.

Tomiboy, the stock is a McMillan Kestros, with the McWalnut finish.

Last edited:
I just returned from shooting rimfire benchrest in the Huntsman World Senior Games held near St. George, Utah. This competition comprises of three days of shooting the IBS target at 50 yds. One piece rests were not allowed. Each day, four targets were shot for at total of 100 rounds. The three day total is 300 rounds for a possible score of 3,000. There were 58 competitors, from all the surrounding states, Colorado, Calif. Hawaii and others I can't remember. There were three relays, 9:00, 11:30 and 2:00. Each relay rotated to the next time the following day. I know of four Vudoo rifles in this match, maybe more. The 3rd O/A rifle shot was also a Vudoo.
View attachment 8255541

My score was 3,000-238X. I shot in the unlimited class, where the maximum rifle weight of 13.5 lbs. Wind conditions were close to ideal, a slight variable breeze most of the time, with occasional periods of dead calm. The first day, there were 13 scores of 1,000. The second day, there were 7 scores totaling 2,000, and the third day this was reduced to three scores totaling 3,000 and the winner was decided by X count. My average X count for the 12 targets shot is 19.8 shooting Eley Match ammo.

View attachment 8255546

Well done Sir!!!!

How do you like the scope rings you're using?

Haven't shot 50 yards in a long time. Down loaded targets from this site. Thought I did so/so, then I watched something on youtube. Think its 250?? 2500X with broken stock that I fixed, Lapua- super long range. Third sighter in- 6 shoots for .26". Is it 250 or scoring wrong ?

Attachments

• IMG_0278.jpg
    IMG_0278.jpg
    818.2 KB · Views: 87
Haven't shot 50 yards in a long time. Down loaded targets from this site. Thought I did so/so, then I watched something on youtube. Think its 250?? 2500X with broken stock that I fixed, Lapua- super long range. Third sighter in- 6 shoots for .26". Is it 250 or scoring wrong ?
Looks like 250 to me.......good shooting Sir!!

Reactions: fredfish
Got a new stock for Vudoo. Has aluminum accurblock, didn't take long to fit, shoots pretty good,BUT should it be glass also?

No wind flags like that on my clubs range!

Our club doesn't have any either, but when we have a rimfire competition, each competitor has the opportunity to put out their own wind flags before their relay. Pretty much all of the better shooters do that. I suspect that's what you're seeing in the photo... notice the similarity in the particular wind flags in the column in front of any particular target stand.

Very good. No wind flags like that on my clubs range! Ammo?
The flags belong to the shooters. The set showing green down the middle with blue tails are my flags.......wouldn't leave home without them!!

I was shooting Lapua Midas+.

Last edited:
Reactions: fredfish
Our club doesn't have any either, but when we have a rimfire competition, each competitor has the opportunity to put out their own wind flags before their relay. Pretty much all of the better shooters do that. I suspect that's what you're seeing in the photo... notice the similarity in the particular wind flags in the column in front of any particular target stand.
Look close on my bench Sir....do you see something familiar?? :unsure::D

Reactions: Panther
I just returned from shooting rimfire benchrest in the Huntsman World Senior Games held near St. George, Utah. This competition comprises of three days of shooting the IBS target at 50 yds. One piece rests were not allowed. Each day, four targets were shot for at total of 100 rounds. The three day total is 300 rounds for a possible score of 3,000. There were 58 competitors, from all the surrounding states, Colorado, Calif. Hawaii and various others. There were three relays, 9:00, 11:30 and 2:00. Each relay rotated to the next time the following day. I know of four Vudoo rifles in this match, maybe more. The 3rd O/A rifle shot was also a Vudoo.
View attachment 8255541

My score was 3,000-238X. I shot in the unlimited class, where the maximum rifle weight of 13.5 lbs. Wind conditions were close to ideal, a slight variable breeze most of the time, with occasional periods of dead calm. The first day, there were 13 scores of 1,000. The second day, there were 7 scores totaling 2,000, and the third day this was reduced to three scores totaling 3,000 and the winner was decided by X count. My average X count for the 12 targets shot is 19.8 shooting Eley Match ammo. I shoot free-recoil, only touching the trigger.

View attachment 8255546

You Sir, have great taste. Came across this by accident and did a double-take, waaaait a minute. . .:)

Reactions: Papa Mike
So true. Some people snicker at me when you throw out the wind flags as I do even for airgun shooting when on private land. But a guy can't really do it around here while at the range. So I sit next to the range flag and can see it's shadow in my left eye and go by feel and sound (better than nothing anyway).
Bowchamp what do you use to haul your Graham’s to the range? I’m having trouble finding a decent tote to use.

Bowchamp what do you use to haul your Graham’s to the range? I’m having trouble finding a decent tote to use.
Mr. Stephen,
I use a Plano Storage Trunk 108 quart. I can put stands and flags in it. I have 6 flags, 2 tubes of sail tails, one uppy/downy and seven stands in mine and still have room for more if needed.

20240321_204157.jpg 20240321_204322.jpg