• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

WARNING ~ TR ~ My experience

jff_stvns

Sergeant of the Hide
Minuteman
Mar 14, 2008
This is my experience with tacticalrifles.net

I had them build me a platform in the below link on a Remington 700 action. I received the rifle and noticed little chips on the stock around the barrel and a few blemishes in certain areas. After further inspection of the rifle the scope rail looked bent just by looking at it. I put a straight edge on it and it was out by an eighth of an inch, so I replaced it with a lugged Seekins rail, they reimbursed me for that. And last the trigger was very narrow and short in lenth to where you could not get a 90 degree trigger finger without coming in contact with the Badger bolt knob.

Due to the down turn in the economy the rifle sat in the safe for a few years, just lost interest in it with all the issues it had. So I finally found a reputable shop locally, Mark Soulie of Spartan Precision Rifles, to just install a Timney trigger for me and this is were it really begins.

I will let the video tell the rest of the story; it is not pretty. By the time it was done I had about $1,400.00 with parts and labor to make it right. After the work was done I sent the company rep a nasty gram with the link to the video you have here and figured he owed me about $ 900.00 for the machine work that Mark performed. I did not here a response so I contacted him by phone to get his response and he hung up on me. Ok my friend, that's not a problem, just thought I would get the word out about these guys.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VRw1i6WTz2Y

Re: WARNING tacticalrifles.net my experience

Holy shit, I think somebody with down syndrome could put together a rifle better than that. They should be ashamed to let crap like that leave their shop. They're straight up frauds.

I feel your pain spending that kind of money on a crap job. I paid 1500 for an action truing and chambering from a VERY well known bench rest smith and shooter and for that I got an off timed brake, poor lug contact, and a base screws that was to long and caused the bolt to not be able to be closed because a lug would hit it. Took it a local guy and for $400 he trued correctly, chambered a new barrel and it's a one hole shooter.

I just saw the video and the work tactical rifles did was terrible. They need to pay attention to what the heck there doing. It seems to me in my opinion, tactical rifles does owe you a nice refund for the terrible work and the cash you had to spend to fix the problems and poor craftsmanship they did. I hope you get a refund because you deserve it.

They are supposedly gearing up for a lot of LE contract's if your department has these rifles you might want to break it down and have a peek inside. Or if you are thinking about having this company do your group build's, think again.

damn thats terrible!!
Glad you got it to a gunsmith who knows what there doing to bring it to life.
idk how anyone could let that type of work out of there shop!

Wow, seriously lame work.

I saw one of their rifles at TVP, I noted how the bottom metal wasn't inletted deeply enough, so that it was about .175" from being flush. Left a bad impression on me.

That sucks bro. I'm glad Marc got you squared away. I've never heard of Tacticalrifles.net so I went to their site. Per their site, they guarantee 1/2 MOA accuracy at 50 yards.....with hand loads.......on a machine bench rest.........indoors
laugh.gif

Also from their site:
"We will not BS the customer – which is why we try to keep things realistic and you can always rely on the fact that we tell our customers the truth."

I watched all 11:07 of that....... I was sad, u waisted money, I wouldnt be happy with that period.

I watched it all as well.
Holy smokes! Make a wide path.
Sorry you got burned.

<object width="425" height="350"> <param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/W4XJ2FW2-9c"></param> <param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param> <embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/W4XJ2FW2-9c" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350"> </embed></object>

Holy F**K!

That's cool that Mark Soulie of Spartan Precision was able to salvage the rifle. The inside of the stock looked terrible, like they took a pencil grinder and simply hogged it out by hand. +1 to Mark for using an Interapid indicator.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Line-of-Departure</div><div class="ubbcode-body">looks like an 8 year old tried to put that rifle together for you</div></div>

LMAO, found this on their FB page

<span style="font-style: italic">Image removed by request </span>

<span style="font-size: 20pt">Who wants to build NRAman's rifle?</span>

sorry, had to do it

You let the rifle sit in your safe for a couple of years and then you fixed it? I see you had the rail replaced so why didn't you send the whole gun back for them to fix? If I am mistaken I apologize but from what I understand you sent them an e-mail years later about the problems with your gun?

Too bad TacticalRifles.net won't get an email from everyone that views that video and saw how bad their product was....

I can't say enough good things about Mark he has a great reputation and is as solid as they come. If your local I would definitely recommend him to do your rifle he build's some tack drivers.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Ultraman550</div><div class="ubbcode-body">You let the rifle sit in your safe for a couple of years and then you fixed it? I see you had the rail replaced so why didn't you send the whole gun back for them to fix? If I am mistaken I apologize but from what I understand you sent them an e-mail years later about the problems with your gun? </div></div>

If they fucked up what he noticed at first that is basic do it yourself knowledge would you seriously send it back to them? Plus it's not like he knew about the other stuff until he brought it to a reputable smith to get a trigger replacement. Even if he sent it back to them to fix the trigger they wouldn't have fixed the other crap een if they did see it for the second time. He obviously wasn't aware of it until somebody else went through it and they sent it out like that the first time.

If he sent it back to get the trigger fixed they would have replaced it (maybe), probably would have fucked it up more, and sent it back.

Sorry but the video speaks for it self I don't care if it's 10 years down the road.

Wow, they fucked your shit up! Thankfully Mark was able to save it for you.

Re: WARNING ~ tacticalrifles.net ~ My experience

Shit man that looks awful
frown.gif
I almost made a trade offer for a TR rifle listed right here on the Hide a few months back. I'm sure glad I didn't! Thanks for posting this as, it helps educate those who aren't aware...myself included.

AvsFan
sick.gif

I would have lost my mind if I had received that rifle. It surely does not match up with their mission statement. Glad you got worked out and thanks for the heads-up. Rifle looks good now!!!

WOW. When was the gun made? I just took delivery of mine about a month or so ago after an 18 month wait. Of course I havent taken the gun apart. Its a 6.5x47 Lapua. And to be honest it shoots great. I just went out this morning with it and shot a 5 shot group at 200 yds and measures 0.509 to outside edges. I hope that they have improved their machining since yours. I am sorry to hear that your rifle was so messed up.

Yeah, if that's what they sent me, I wouldn't be sending it BACK to those hacks.

I'm usually one for holding on the judgement until they have a chance to fix it, but that's pretty good proof that they don't know how to build it, let alone fix it...

A reputable gunsmith should stand by their work. It's obvious this guy didn't do anything but give you the middle finger.

Marc Soulie @ Spartan Rifles does excellent work. Kudos to Marc for fixing your disaster.

I'll be sure to show the video to people that I know that have purchased their rifles in the past. This video speaks volumes.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: JRose</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Yeah, if that's what they sent me, I wouldn't be sending it BACK to those hacks.

I'm usually one for holding on the judgement until they have a chance to fix it, but that's pretty good proof that they don't know how to build it, let alone fix it... </div></div>

+1. why give a terrible hackshop a chance to make it WORSE, and do MORE damage? no thanks. I agree with sending it to someone else, and spartan does fantastic work. i'm very happy they could correct what was previously done and make it right for you. glad it has a happy ending.

Also, it sure says volumes that the original smiths would simply hang up on you. You know, we dont have both sides of the story, but if thats what happened, then i think id come unglued and thered be a post just like this on every shooting forum i could think of. thanks for letting us know about this.

-Paulus

Just got interesting

i see the video and seeing that i have 3 of the Tactical rifles platforms, over a spred of 7 years of shooting them they all still hold groups of under 1/2 moa at 500 yards. how ever after seeing the video i took all 3 rifles to my marine corps armorer that worked in the USMC armory building the shooting team and sniper school rifles in quantico. He did an off stock inspection of all 3 rifles and found that they were all to the original specs other that nominal barrel wear do to round count of over 1000 rounds per rifle. i then showed him the video and he is under the impression that this was not the original stock and was a post production stock that had been butchered on purpose to show tacticle rifles work in a bad light. oh and by the way the use of the image of a tactical rifles employee infront of the cubscouts was reprehesable, after researching on the website it was taked from, it shows that same picture teaching a gunsafty class to them. in my personal opinion who ever posted that show be kicked off the forum for using a good thing for a horible purpose.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: ndnboy71</div><div class="ubbcode-body">i see the video and seeing that i have 3 of the Tactical rifles platforms, over a spred of 7 years of shooting them they all still hold groups of under 1/2 moa at 500 yards. how ever after seeing the video i took all 3 rifles to my marine corps armorer that worked in the USMC armory building the shooting team and sniper school rifles in quantico. He did an off stock inspection of all 3 rifles and found that they were all to the original specs other that nominal barrel wear do to round count of over 1000 rounds per rifle. i then showed him the video and he is under the impression that this was not the original stock and was a post production stock that had been butchered on purpose to show tacticle rifles work in a bad light. oh and by the way the use of the image of a tactical rifles employee infront of the cubscouts was reprehesable, after researching on the website it was taked from, it shows that same picture teaching a gunsafty class to them. in my personal opinion who ever posted that show be kicked off the forum for using a good thing for a horible purpose. </div></div>

First post and a bunch of baloney.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: ndnboy71</div><div class="ubbcode-body">i see the video and seeing that i have 3 of the Tactical rifles platforms, over a spred of 7 years of shooting them they all still hold groups of under 1/2 moa at 500 yards. how ever after seeing the video i took all 3 rifles to my marine corps armorer that worked in the USMC armory building the shooting team and sniper school rifles in quantico. He did an off stock inspection of all 3 rifles and found that they were all to the original specs other that nominal barrel wear do to round count of over 1000 rounds per rifle. i then showed him the video and he is under the impression that this was not the original stock and was a post production stock that had been butchered on purpose to show tacticle rifles work in a bad light. oh and by the way the use of the image of a tactical rifles employee infront of the cubscouts was reprehesable, after researching on the website it was taked from, it shows that same picture teaching a gunsafty class to them. in my personal opinion who ever posted that show be kicked off the forum for using a good thing for a horible purpose. </div></div>

Ive met marc a few times.... He does good work. I would presume he filmed this video himself. He wouldnt try to fuck someone for money hes gtg in my book. You are NOT gtg with ur 1 shitty post here. It means nothing, because u are prolly from Tactical Rifles. Plus what the fuck kind of name is that anyways. I all ways laughed and said a bunch of tactical wana be's.

well i tell you what get with me off line and i will show to you i am the real deal, and on the same note how do we know that you dont work for one of thier competitors. i see no comment condeming the post about the scouts.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: lazy21</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Line-of-Departure</div><div class="ubbcode-body">looks like an 8 year old tried to put that rifle together for you</div></div>

LMAO, found this on their FB page

<span style="font-size: 20pt">Who wants to build NRAman's rifle?</span>

sorry, had to do it</div></div> <div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: ndnboy71</div><div class="ubbcode-body">i see the video and seeing that i have 3 of the Tactical rifles platforms, over a spred of 7 years of shooting them they all still hold groups of under 1/2 moa at 500 yards. how ever after seeing the video i took all 3 rifles to my marine corps armorer that worked in the USMC armory building the shooting team and sniper school rifles in quantico. He did an off stock inspection of all 3 rifles and found that they were all to the original specs other that nominal barrel wear do to round count of over 1000 rounds per rifle. i then showed him the video and he is under the impression that this was not the original stock and was a post production stock that had been butchered on purpose to show tacticle rifles work in a bad light. oh and by the way the use of the image of a tactical rifles employee infront of the cubscouts was reprehesable, after researching on the website it was taked from, it shows that same picture teaching a gunsafty class to them. in my personal opinion who ever posted that show be kicked off the forum for using a good thing for a horible purpose.</div></div>

LMFAO!! That was a good laugh, can't believe I missed that the first time.

to bad you think it is funny. it looks like tacticle rifles is doing great things in gun safty for kids and that people think its funny to use the cubscouts as a ws to bad mouth them. with nothing but a video from one guy, esp after they have probably sold hundreds of rifles with no reports like the one made.

ndnboy71- You posted two hours after the time of the original post. In that amount of time you were able to watch the video, call your armorer friend on a Saturday evening, go to his shop, disassemble and inspect three rifles, then come back home, and write your post? Is that what your saying? Also are you sure you want to stand by the statement that this is the only bad report they've had?

Yes that was me in the video. Had I known it would turn into such a big deal I would have done a much better job than just an iPhone video. I only did that for the customer so he could see what I did and I didn't expect it to go national.

nraman- I'm sorry you had to experience that but I'm glad I was able to help you and turn the rifle into a decent shooter.

Marc

Reading these horror stories painful. I'm a lucky sob for never having a cluster f&*k experience like this.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: ndnboy71</div><div class="ubbcode-body">to bad you think it is funny. it looks like tacticle rifles is doing great things in gun safty for kids and that people think its funny to use the cubscouts as a ws to bad mouth them. with nothing but a video from one guy, esp after they have probably sold hundreds of rifles with no reports like the one made.</div></div>

Why the hell do you care? You already stated your rifle(s) shoot fine and got the okay from your Marine Corps armorer. Seriously stop making yourself look like a douche bag.

The picture is funny as hell given the context of the post and the caption added by Lazy21. I apologize for having a sense of humor. The quality of the rifle build looks like one of those cub scouts built it.

Tenon is cut too small, bore wasn't aligned properly, chamber wasn't cut concentric to the bore, brake is over timed, action wasn't trued, mounting holes were still 6-40 and the job on the bottom metal and stock was something else. I got my laughs and glad Mark was able to fix it for the guy. 'Nuff said.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: ndnboy71</div><div class="ubbcode-body">to bad you think it is funny. it looks like tacticle rifles is doing great things in gun safty for kids and that people think its funny to use the cubscouts as a ws to bad mouth them. with nothing but a video from one guy, esp after they have probably sold hundreds of rifles with no reports like the one made. </div></div>

That one guy has a helluva lot going for him than your lone rebuttal. Also, the picture was a joke. Grow a pair and get over it.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: ndnboy71</div><div class="ubbcode-body">to bad you think it is funny. it looks like tacticle rifles is doing great things in gun safty for kids and that people think its funny to use the cubscouts as a ws to bad mouth them. with nothing but a video from one guy, esp after they have probably sold hundreds of rifles with no reports like the one made. </div></div>

Hundreds of rifles? If there a hundred of those out there they should be ASHAMED of themselves. That is poor work.

Look up a reputable builder and ask them how many rifles they build a year. Some of these guys do a couple hundred every few months.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: ndnboy71</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> how ever after seeing the video i took all 3 rifles to my marine corps armorer that worked in the USMC armory building the shooting team and sniper school rifles in quantico. He did an off stock inspection of all 3 rifles and found that they were all to the original specs other that nominal barrel wear do to round count of over 1000 rounds per rifle. i then showed him the video and he is under the impression that this was not the original stock and was a post production stock that had been butchered on purpose to show tacticle rifles work in a bad light. </div></div>

You really expect us to believe that in the 24 hours since that video's been up you had your USMC armorer pull apart three rifles and inspect them and on a friday and saturday at that? You're full of shit.

What is the name of this USMC armorer and how can I get in contact with him?

You're not making you're shop look any better...

Marc, some first class work there sir. I thought my post was freaking funny as hell, I thought it might even put a smile on Mr. NRA's face. But I'm sorry Mr. NDN aka tactical riles if you think I offended the cubs, not my intention.
wink.gif

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: KYS338</div><div class="ubbcode-body">

Look up a reputable builder and ask them how many rifles they build a year. Some of these guys do a couple hundred every few months. </div></div>

It probably takes them that long to fuck up the rifles that bad. Seriously, one would have to really try to screw something up that bad.

I bet a 15 year old and his auto tech teacher with no smithing experience couldn't fuck threads up that bad.

Yea, I was thinking the same thing. That sure was a fast inspection in just 2 hours. Lol.

Interesting... No response from ndnboy.... Any chance he works or worked for Tactical?

Re: WARNING ~ TR ~ My experience

So we don't offend the scouts....

v6knzd.jpg

I think there's a lot of chance he works for TR.

He would have been doing a lot better if he came here, admitted his fuckup and offered to take care of the bill for the OP. Instead he called the integrity of a reputable and respected smith into question. This isn't the first TR thread I've seen like this and probably won't be the last.

This post is only a few hours old and you had your armorer do the inspection for three rifles in that period of time, hop on your computer, sign up on Snipers Hide, render an opinion on a rifle that you've never seen, & make your first post with respect to a <span style="font-weight: bold">seriously</span> fubar rifle?

I want to add that I know Marc @ Spartan personally and consider him a close friend. I seen this Rifle at Marc's shop personally and know for a fact that he would never be a party to someone trying to tarnish the reputation of someone else. Marc was dismayed as he went through the rifle. Everything you see in this video is exactly what I've seen in person. Just glad that wasn't my rifle.

ndnboy71...get a napkin and wipe the speckle of bullshit from your lips.

i do not work for tactical rifles, i am a United States Navy Corpsman stationed at quantico. i live 7 mins from the armory, the armoror is my next door neighbor we went to the shop to do the inspection. as for the video. you got the rifle from an apperent disgruntled customer of tacticle rifles. it is possible that he did the damage to the stock and other parts and took the rifle to you so to put them in a bad light.