• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

We're BACK !

Sweet! Good to be back. Y'all changed over just after I joined, but I lurked quite a while before I joined. Scout would never let me log in as me. It defaulted to an old username (NWLaSaint) I had on a Green Bay Packers board I was a member of many moons ago. I guessing my post count is probably history from over there. Oh well, looking forward to the new old site.

Never saw this place before, was only on Scout. This looks awesome.

Yeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Reactions: Queequeg
They are working on the SLOW ... I don't think they were expecting the comeback, They are scrambling to change servers for us and getting on the Scalable Cloud system so we can manage the highs and lows ...

The speed is killing me right now trying to work on it, but I know they are addressing issue... speed will come back, in short order I hope

Its not the speed of the server, but the database. I use to own a really big hosting company and had serveral big forum sites. The database will bring down the fastest server. It needs to be optimized.

Always just lurked here and finally joined on scout. Still didn't post much there either so the way I post I should be able to sell something on here by 2025!

Congrats on getting the old site up and running again and thanks for all you do. Also, thanks to the crew of guys you carry around that provide some pretty amazing information.

I have a little free time nights, so if I can do something like copy/paste load data pages over from scout or something let me know.

It's a bit more than just optimization ... they know about it and we have discussed it, it's being addressed.

There are pages written about vB 5 and getting the speed right because it is CPU intensive

Many times SH has come up in my searches for information on various precision rifle topics. I eventually joined Scout, but it is good to be here on the "new" original site.

God the UI/navigation on Scout was awful.

Sorry to hear that scout went under but I'm really glad this site is back.

Wow logged me right back in using Chrome, didn't clear any history or cache......went back to a private though, the majority of all my posts started after the move to Scout though.

glad to be back

Last edited:
Looks good LL I'm happy to be back the other site was a major pain in my ass!!

I was only registered with Scout and only knew the old site by searches and archives. I always thought this version was a lot easier to navigate. Glad SH made the move back, Thanks Frank!

Duh...I just found out...

So it seems Frank, that U are now running your own business...self employed as it were...I know the feeling, but then again, I work for an idiot ! :)

The new servers kicked in ... apparently like everything on the internet there is a lag when you switch servers, most of us should be on the new Nascar server

Hey Frank, glad they got it all working great again. Man I feel your pain, I did daily for 10 years.

image.png

Beyond stoked.
So glad scout is gone.

mobile app was handy however, anything in the works on creating one over here ?

Glad to be back to the old site. I don't think I posted much before the switch, but is there a thread for Dixon post counts anywhere?

Same over there, but didn't post too much. Spent most of my time scratching my nuts and wondering what it would have been like to get the old hide back. Much better here.....