• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

What are your favorite cars/car brands?

LilGucci

Gunny Sergeant
Minuteman
Oct 7, 2019
  1. What car brands did you grow up loving and why? Do you still love them today?
  2. What was your first car?
  3. What car brands do you love today?
  4. What types of cars/trucks/SUVs do you like today?
  5. What is your dream 5-car garage? (if money wasn't an issue)
  6. What is your practical 3-car garage?
  7. What are your next vehicle purchases?

1.) I came from a Ford family. Dad's first car was a Plymouth muscle car from the 60's but then he got a 79' Ranger and never looked back. 92 Ford Taurus, 98 Windstar, 2005 Expedition, 2004 Super Duty. I don't really like Ford any longer for a variety of reasons and bad experiences. My neighbor was a huge MOPAR fan and restored old Dodge muscle cars, and that began my love of Dodge. I still love Dodge today, but I don't like that it's going all-in on electrification ONLY. I don't mind an EV but I think Dodge needs to offer an ICE V8/V6 for as long as possible.

2.) Toyota MR2. It was a nice little daily driver I drove to high school. The Chevy Cobalt was the first car I bought and drove in college.

3.) Toyota, Porsche, Bentley, Aston Martin, Lexus, Mazda, Honda, RAM, Jeep, Dodge. I would like to love BMW and Mercedes but I hate their design direction.

4.) I like small fun-to-drive cars like the M2, Miata, GR86, S2000, Type R, etc., and overlanding off-roaders. A desert runner would be cool too.

5.) Bentley Bentayga EWB, Ram Prospector XL, Porsche 911 GT3, Toyota Land Cruiser, Ford GT Supercar

6.) Toyota Tacoma, Toyota 4Runner, Toyota GR86.

7.) Toyota Tacoma and a cheap Porsche 911 I can restore over time.

These are just some questions to think about, you don't have to answer all of them, just the ones that are interesting to you.

Depends on what you want. I drive a Corolla Hybrid and a Chevy Express van. If money were NO object, a MB S600 with thermal night vision.

auburn automobile
specifically the boat tails / speedsters
1672619590190.png

- That's a car with curves or a ferrari 275 gtb four cam

Reactions: LilGucci
I liked Fords. My first car, after I paid to have it fixed, was a '69 Mustang with the small block 289 c.i.d. I beat every car except my college friend and she had a 69 Mustang El Grande with a 302 Cobrajet.

A few different cars but another favorite was a 1970 LTD with a .351 Cleveland Police Interceptor motor and traction bars on the rear axle.

Suitable mention was a '78 Lincoln Town Car, same model that local DJ Russ Martin had built into the Batmobile (original specs from the TRV series.) 460 c.i,d, with a Holley 4 bbl carb. Crappy gas mileage but I was styling and profiling.

'96 Chevy half ton that I bought brand new. Then some smaller cars, best being Toyota Corollas. In fact, that dealership loves me so much they gave a deal on my 2023 Toyota Tacoma SR5.

I have put on my bug deflector and Bakflip tonneau cover that you cannot see here.

1672625036871.jpeg

• Love
  1. What car brands did you grow up loving and why? Do you still love them today?
  2. What was your first car?
  3. What car brands do you love today?
  4. What types of cars/trucks/SUVs do you like today?
  5. What is your dream 5-car garage? (if money wasn't an issue)
  6. What is your practical 3-car garage?
  7. What are your next vehicle purchases?
I don't do "favorites". I treat each purchase individually. So the only practical answers are:
2. 1980 Mini that was modified with a stage 3 rally engine. 7MPG (UK gallons) around town, 40 on the highway.
5. I have no need for 5 cars.
6. What I have - a 470hp performance luxury sedan, a nice roomy luxury SUV that can seat 7 when needed but is my primary dog car, and a truck.
7. Nothing planned. If anything happened to any of the three above, I'd replace with similar.

I liked Fords. My first car, after I paid to have it fixed, was a '69 Mustang with the small block 289 c.i.d. I beat every car except my college friend and she had a 69 Mustang El Grande with a 302 Cobrajet.

A few different cars but another favorite was a 1970 LTD with a .351 Cleveland Police Interceptor motor and traction bars on the rear axle.

Suitable mention was a '78 Lincoln Town Car, same model that local DJ Russ Martin had built into the Batmobile (original specs from the TRV series.) 460 c.i,d, with a Holley 4 bbl carb. Crappy gas mileage but I was styling and profiling.
Lets edit and clean this up mmk ?
302 CobraJet ?
WTF ?
There was a 428 Cobra Jet, a 429 Cobra Jet and 429 Super Cobra Jet.
Recently the ford racing dept made a full race (not street legal) car called the Cobra Jet, from about 2018 to 2021 or so ? The engine was a Coyote.

351 Cleveland Police Interceptor.....in a 1970 LTD ? WITH traction bars ????
WTF ?
1970 Police Interceptors were Dodge Polara's with a 440 Magnum, some single quad police with dual quads going to the Hwy Patrol or state troopers.

Batmobile on a 1978 LTD chassis ? WITH a 460 ?
Holy WTF Batman ?
The Batmobile was based off the 1955 PROTOTYPE Lincoln Futura.
Allegedly it used a Chrysler gas turbine engine but I have my suspicions about that and think it was just a flame thrower device out back with a standard drive train.

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: Skunk and Ronws

'96 Chevy half ton that I bought brand new. Then some smaller cars, best being Toyota Corollas. In fact, that dealership loves me so much they gave a deal on my 2023 Toyota Tacoma SR5.

I have put on my bug deflector and Bakflip tonneau cover that you cannot see here.

View attachment 8036072
I went over there once to look at a truck they had. The hookers walking around that stretch out numbered the car salesmen by at least 3-1.

Reactions: Ronws
I went over there once to look at a truck they had. The hookers walking around that stretch out numbered the car salesmen by at least 3-1.
Yeah but I am happily married and avoid the former and talk only to the latter. Of course, if you want spend more money, there is Otto Source on the other side of the motel. Or go to the other side of Harry Hines and there is that relatively new Dodge dealership. They are slowly rebuilding the area.

Have had excellent luck with 2 Hondas and 2 Mazdas. All close to 200k miles each.
Money no object? Probably a classic Porsche 911 or suped up Mini Cooper. I would have said Miata but I can't fit in those due to height.

1672689446081.png

This ^^^ is close to what I intend.
Mines named Rome, not built in a day.

1672689669707.png

Pretty close, mines not a true SS.
406 runs a bit better than the 327 Lol.

A truck or 3 and assorted other things.

R

Reactions: RUTGERS95
A real 67 SS on the consignors floor before she sold at year end.
Screenshot_20211205-214751_Samsung Internet.jpg

My favorite car/Truck.

Since I sold the 2000 Corvette, My favorite is

One that starts, continues to run and gets me there and back.

Preferably made in America but a Miata is OK