• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• The site has been updated!

If you notice any issues, please let us know below!

VIEW THREAD

What color boretech rod are you using for 6.5cm

berry79

Private
Minuteman
Mar 19, 2012
Way South Florida, USA
Need to pick up a new cleaning rod. Looking at the bore tech site not sure if I should opt for the blue 6mm-.270 or drop down to the black .223 rod. Don’t want to get the blue to find it to be too tight once you add a patch or 2. Curious as to what others are using. Was previously using a Tipton but, the tip got damaged and need a replacement.

Need to pick up a new cleaning rod. Looking at the bore tech site not sure if I should opt for the blue 6mm-.270 or drop down to the black .223 rod. Don’t want to get the blue to find it to be too tight once you add a patch or 2. Curious as to what others are using. Was previously using a Tipton but, the tip got damaged and need a replacement.
I would stick with the blue; the length will also matter, so make sure you read their instructions on how to determine the length needed! I only use 1 patch at a time; might use more patches, but I have a boatload of 'em (lol). Bore-Tech makes good products (cleaning rod, cleaning fluids)... :)

Have allways used Dewey, the bearings seem better to me than others I've tried and have never had one bend and set even when stuffed in a soft case with multiple rifles.