• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

What did you do in the reloading room today?

Polished up the funnel of my new to me Dillon powder drop for my new to me 9mm S1050 set up.

Settled on my .308/175SMK load this past weekend so after loading 500 or so of those Ill be breaking down to load a new caliber probably 30-06.

Loading up 6 Dasher

Attachments

• E914AFA7-C86D-4C89-AE06-7C799258F954.jpeg
    E914AFA7-C86D-4C89-AE06-7C799258F954.jpeg
    491.7 KB · Views: 116
Reactions: sandwarrior
Loaded up 50 rounds of test ammo for a new rifle!

Cleaning and putting shit away because starting next Saturday I'll be gone for training for 6 weeks, back for a couple weeks, then gone for 105 days after that.

Be safe with that.

Not sure why, but I'm seeing no pressure at 46gr. Not sure if my brass is a freak of nature or what the fuck. The top of the pick (left side of the box) is 44.8, 46gr on the bottom of the pic (right of the box). I fully expected to see some signs of pressure. But I honestly have no clue at this point. This is all been fired a handful of time with no annealing or anything yet. Any swipes that might be on the brass isn't from this firing.

And of course... as is tradition... I always forget one thing when I go to the range. This time... the chrono. My load looks to be 45.6 of 4064.

20190913_104045-jpg.7146863

Attachments

• 20190913_104045.jpg
    20190913_104045.jpg
    495.7 KB · Views: 620
Not sure why, but I'm seeing no pressure at 46gr. Not sure if my brass is a freak of nature or what the fuck. The top of the pick (left side of the box) is 44.8, 46gr on the bottom of the pic (right of the box). I fully expected to see some signs of pressure. But I honestly have no clue at this point. This is all been fired a handful of time with no annealing or anything yet. Any swipes that might be on the brass isn't from this firing.

20190913_104045-jpg.7146863
Looks pretty good to me! Since it was fired a few times, maybe it just fits your chamber and bolt correctly, and the primer doesn't have space to back out and flatten.

Looks pretty good to me! Since it was fired a few times, maybe it just fits your chamber and bolt correctly, and the primer doesn't have space to back out and flatten.

Yea I guess. I'm not experiencing any noticeably hard bolt lift either. I'm honestly kind of, not worried, but confused I guess. I went up to 46 so I would see pressure... and didn't. I'm going to shoot 45.6, should be plenty fast with 175s, I wish I brought by god damned chrono. I can only guess that this is in the 2750 neighborhood.

Yea I guess. I'm not experiencing any noticeably hard bolt lift either. I'm honestly kind of, not worried, but confused I guess. I went up to 46 so I would see pressure... and didn't. I'm going to shoot 45.6, should be plenty fast with 175s, I wish I brought by god damned chrono. I can only guess that this is in the 2750 neighborhood.
I'm sure you know, but with ballistic software, you can figure out your velocity.

Reactions: Ryridesmotox
I'm sure you know, but with ballistic software, you can figure out your velocity.

I only made enough to shoot my group shot strings, so I didnt have enough to true up velocity further on in distance, if that's what you mean

Loaded up a test batch of 212 eld x in 300 win mag. Also cleaned out the barrel

Reactions: Alabusa
Took a quick "line up" picture. One of these is stealing my money. I know one is guilty... can't prove it beyond a shadow of a doubt though so... I'll carry on.

Attachments

• 20180930_133721.jpg
    20180930_133721.jpg
    456.5 KB · Views: 105
  • Haha
Reactions: sandwarrior
I finally pollished my 6.5g expander to net 3.5-4 neck tension for my gasser.

Then proceeded to pull stem out on first and second try, pita.

Next had a long setup time for getting the shoulder the way I want.

I'm thinking the Hornady brass is part of the pain.

Got enough through qc to do initial load testing but did not process it all.

Left it to tumble, tomorrow may work better. ?

I did absolutely nothing and shot a NRL22 match. After a 2400 round season with my centerfire, all but 40 rounds were hand-loads, it nice to NOT have to reload. (Full disclosure: I might have done a bit of organizing.)

Very little. We moved into our new home 3 months ago and still getting organized. I moved some brass from point A to point B. I haven't loaded the first round yet in new place but getting closer. ;) Slowly getting life back from house building and move.

Out of boredom, today I remanufactured the take-down screw on an old Remington out of titanium. I'll probably make some additional hardware for it while I'm at it. The one in the background is the original. Saved an entire 19g (1/2 oz) over the original.

Ti-Takedown.jpg

Reactions: rybern
Out of boredom, today I remanufactured the take-down screw on an old Remington out of titanium. I'll probably make some additional hardware for it while I'm at it. The one in the background is the original. Saved an entire 19g (1/2 oz) over the original.
Nice looking work.

Thanks. IME it's easier to get good finishes on 6Al-4V than most carbon steels. Maybe I just haven't figure out the tooling/speeds yet.

Sweet baby reloading jesus, why was a # 12 shell holder not in my Lee hand primer set? Looked everywhere and then read none in kit.

Foiled again? Wait the Lee press has a primer seater for it, omg had to touch the primers. Got over that real quick.

Really just wanted to show my qc slab, if a round jiggles it gets redone.
20190917_145336.jpg

I’ve got 500 107gr Nosler CC’s, 300 Hornady 6mmCM cases, and Redding Premium 6CM dies waiting for me at work, delivered yesterday. Have 2lb of H4350 waiting at home. Gonna clean my bench this afternoon in anticipation of some load development likely one day next week.

Necked down 100 pieces of 6.5x47 brass to 6x47 for a upcoming barrel
Only lost 1 out of the 100, neck crushed slightly.

Loaded 300 380s with Rebecca, and will most likely finish the other 200 later, or I might powder up and seat bullets in 100 6br cases.

I have a couple of rifles that need cleaning, but that probably won't happen.

Decided to look for a lower velocity node for my 6CM. I have a nice one at 40.8 gr of RL16 with 105 hybrids and F 205M primers, but its going 3150 fps and I’d like to keep shooting that barrel past 500 rounds. I tried dropping to 40.2 and 39.6 grains but switched primers to CCI 450 and found that the 40.2 load still shot 3044 fps, got 3114 from 39.6. So I am going to look at 38.7, 39 and 39.3.Loaded 10 rounds each. Looking for something around 3050 fps with decent SD and grouping.

I have seen this before. What is the purpose of this?
In a match where there are lots of shooters all ejecting brass indiscriminately it helps to more easily and quickly ID your own pieces in the pile so youre not holding up future shooters while you scrounge around on the ground.

More questions...you said "resized, tumbled and primed"....like in that order? I decap, tumble, resize, prime. To keep the dirt out of the dies. Am I doing that wrong?

More questions...you said "resized, tumbled and primed"....like in that order? I decap, tumble, resize, prime. To keep the dirt out of the dies. Am I doing that wrong?
After resizing most people tumble again to get the lube off.

No your not doing it wrong I just dont have a universal decapper so I use my resizing die to do both I do tumble them before I run them through the die just to get it as clean as possible before running them through but the universal decapper is on my list!

Finished re-manufacturing some antique rifle hardware in titanium. Saved almost .6 grams too over the steel hardware!

6-40 slot head screws:
Slotting-Screws.jpg

Reactions: MarinePMI
Prepped 400 pieces of 6.5 brass. Just needs to be primed/loaded

Pictured is what my OCD makes me do...

Attachments

• 22998ED1-6728-45B6-9C38-053723AD940D.jpeg
    22998ED1-6728-45B6-9C38-053723AD940D.jpeg
    795.2 KB · Views: 90
  • 57B080AA-9AB3-4371-8170-7D3A11FE55EF.jpeg
    57B080AA-9AB3-4371-8170-7D3A11FE55EF.jpeg
    551.1 KB · Views: 93
Loaded 14 Rds. of 25-20 for my friends (VN Vet) 1892 Win. I keep telling him he needs to shoot more...it's theraputic. After I got done with that, I finished loading 350 rds. of 5.56 62. gr. so's I could have that for home defense. ? ?