• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

What did you do in the reloading room today?

Moved 800 miles this week.

Lost my reloading room and have been downgraded to keeping my set-up in the closet & setting up in the dining room after dark. That’s fine, my main focus is on a successful start to college.

On the bright side... none of my equipment broke during the move. Also got my new annealer!

Still haven’t found my 150 pieces of Peterson Brass... I suspect the wife...

Moved 800 miles this week.

Lost my reloading room and have been downgraded to keeping my set-up in the closet & setting up in the dining room after dark. That’s fine, my main focus is on a successful start to college.

On the bright side... none of my equipment broke during the move. Also got my new annealer!

Still haven’t found my 150 pieces of Peterson Brass... I suspect the wife...

Current college student here! About to start my final semester, finally!

Here is what I did. I built a bench to take up half of the coat closet, and made it big enough to have “storage” on the shelf and also beneath it to keep the wife “happy”

My press and everything else necessary are on “removable” base plates, so that I can close the closet door when I’m not working.

Attachments

• 6000F381-C837-4B66-8179-ADAF8DB13784.jpeg
    6000F381-C837-4B66-8179-ADAF8DB13784.jpeg
    412.6 KB · Views: 114
Reactions: Snuby642
Drilled and inserted some holes in my bench where I can fasten down my case trimmer. Also, deprimed and tumbled 60 pieces of 300 WM brass.

Whipped up a batch of .44 Mag for my Marlin 1894 with Hornady 240gr XTP and some H4227. I managed a nice 5 shot 1.5" group at 50 yards with a Vortex SPARC red dot. Not my most precise shooter but very handy in the woods.

Good job on the wheels!^^^^^

Reactions: clcustom1911
Resized and primed a hundred cases of .260 then loaded 1000 38spl on the Dillon 1050. Tomorrow I’ll do more 260 and load some 45 ACP on the other 1050.
Cheers

Very nice !

I did spot one thing you might check on.

Appears you have a florescent light right above your powder chunker?

Have seen hints on some brands that will play hell on powder measuring.

Along with drafts, vibration, static and all sorts of vudoo. I can attest for certain for all being bad but have yet to test the florescent problem.

Maybe use led instead.

Nice cabinets !

Reactions: DubfromGA and 1J04
Led is good I thought they looked like florescent. My bad but good to check.
My Hornady auto charge will throw good loads for hours untill you violate one of their taboos.
Tested each one for fun except the florescent lights.

I turn it on close the a/c vent give it a half hour to aclimate and it holds charges nicely.

Reactions: DubfromGA
Also, I don't run the under-cabinet lights when I load. I just use the over-head.

Not in the reloading room but in my rush to pull the trigger for the first time this month and forming brass between two rifles I had my first MAJOR fuck up ever (not counting NDs lol). I put a 223 into my 6xc. Put a small divot in the primer but thank god it had adequate headspace clearance to just push forward and didn’t set off.

Tried a time or two and then realized it wasn’t extracting either and was wondering how in the fuck Peterson screwed this one piece up enough to not allow my extractor to catch it... and then I stopped for half a second to think and instantly realized my mistake. Tipped the muzzle up and it slid right out.

Be vigilant out there my friends, don’t get yourself in a rush. Keep your stuff organized separated and clean.

Last edited:
Shot 1R1s and malfunction drills on Saturday using a timer and 3x5 card @ 5 yards as a target. Loaded 300 ea 9mm (115 Zero) on Sunday, loaded 200 45 ACP (200SWC) on Monday.

You guys with Dillon presses ... I have a 550 I bought in the 90s and it looks "mature". It has probably made 60 or 70 thousand rounds of pistol and 223. Seems to me that getting dirty is just the nature of the thing but maybe I should be cleaning it? The paint is really good - not peeling or anything - it is just kind of dirty. Thoughts?

You guys with auto-throwers, do you leave your scales set up and turned on all the time or do you turn the scale off or take the whole thing down? I have to take mine down, no room to leave it set up.

I will be moving in a few months and building a new room. I was thinking about putting the scale on a dedicated surface plate or something similar. I think that isolating it from other bench activities is good and maybe the surface plate is overkill. Maybe just a decent piece of granite? Or even just a dedicated wood table?

When I had Charge Masters, i never turned them off.

When I bought my Sartorious GD305, the weirdo at the scale company I ordered from told me it worked best if it was plugged into a line conditioner and never turned off.

Except for power failures, it’s been on for 10 years.

I leave my assembled auto throw/tricker/scale combo on all the time with a line conditioner.

The auto throw combo and Sartorious are both on a marble cutting block on top of an old roller cabinet separated from everything else.

Reactions: DubfromGA
Just finished loading some .338 LM. Doing some more tests with LRT. Trying to zero down grain amount.

My shop is very crowded because it also supports (stores...) my other hobby, Rubber Powered Free Flight Model Aircraft.

The Model aviation setup is dormant right now, but the amount of gear involved is large, and I don't want to store my balsa wood outside where the termites can get at it. The hobby went dormant when my family moved in and I lost my Day Room.

This week, I used up my supply of available Starline 6.5 Grendel cases, making up test loads for the 95 V-Max.

I reorganized my work bench to allow VFW Ceremonial Garand maintenance (another coat of BLO, and a complete metal teardown, cleaning and some tweaking) when the temps out there finally get down to bearable (no Heat or A/C).

I'm organizing for my first range day in 2019, since my hospitalization in LV just before New Years; the three AR Stoner setups, the 20" and 24" 6.5 Grendels, and the lightweight 16" 1:7" M4gery using IMI 77. All three are up atop PSA M4 Classic Lowers, the Grendels mount a pair of old Tasco Varmint/Target 6-24x42 MilDots, and the 16" 1:7" 223 Wylde has a Bushnell AR 223 Drop Zone BDC up top, mainly for accuracy testing first times out. Ohuhu Clone Bipods on all.

Once we get some idea of how these shoot, it'll be time to consider appropriate optics upgrades; but I already have the Red Dot for the 16" Wylde.

Greg

Screwed the pooch.
New 6.5g dies and tools set to have fun.

Not.

After a dozen pieces of brass bump of shoulder still inconsistent, wtf ?
Up stroke was very hard did not feel right, plenty of wax and dry lube.

Took 2 that fell within and tried seating.
Absolutely zero neck tension.

Guess I will find the drill and emory cloth tomorrow. Take about 0.002 off the expander.

That brass may be toast or used for fowlers will rerun but segregate it.

Hope whatever you did does not top that for a stupid mistake for the day.
20190907_173910.jpg

Last edited:
6.5g gasser.
Plan on working shoulders back .004 as always.

Neck tension. 004 as well.

Please advise.

I loaded 100 6.5 Creedmoor, primed 50 308s, and finished turning donuts out of some 223AI brass.

I just spent 10 minutes annealing 100 .223 Rem case necks to load for a local steel match this weekend.

It was my attempt at facetiously commenting on the carry capacity of most 9mm pistols.

"If you have to explain the joke its probably not a joke"

Reactions: Alabusa
Called RCBS to get a new stem for my priming tool...

They are sending me upgraded parts to retrofit the tool, free of charge.

I’m no fan of how they handle customers on electronic products that they don’t actually make themselves, but the simple tools and presses, they are great to work with.

Loaded up my second round of testing for 500 yards with the 70 rdf to give it a fair shake. Narrowed it down from the original 100 yard ocw for more shots per charge weight.

Now I’m going to seat 100 dashers to set aside for two months and then compare to freshly seated.

Throwing some powder for the BR

Attachments

• 901E31EC-08D5-4942-9DAF-AEC4003E1778.jpeg
    901E31EC-08D5-4942-9DAF-AEC4003E1778.jpeg
    403.6 KB · Views: 67
I will be interested in the results of this if you report RH and Temp along with how stored (open air, bag, covered bin, other).
I loaded 100, I’ll save 10 at least to shoot against the loads seated later.
The other 100 pieces will sit on the carpet in the corner.
In mtm boxes. In ac in the floor in the corner and in the shelf on the closest.