• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

What did you do in the reloading room today?

I have a frankford arsenal and it will do 600 at a time maybe more.

I prefer wet over dry. It REALLY cleans them, especially primer pockets prior to swaging.

What stainless tumbler can you do 600 at a time!? Jesus.

I have never seen buckwheat before but it works well. Can’t read the packages it comes in but whatever lol.

Finally got some powdered unicorn spunk to try.
38E6C27F-81A0-40F3-BC0A-F8498A585C8B.jpeg

Had some Winchester fired brass sitting looking at me for a while. Deprimed, tumbled, cleaned flashole, uniformed primer pockets, sorted by weight in my super sorting station. Necksized and then loaded 11 different sets to check jump distance on a bullet I had sitting on bench.
20191114_180323.jpg

Not a good idea
It is never a good idea. But, like a cat chasing a fluffy ball, or a fish going after a glittery lure.....I JUST CAN'T HELP IT!! LOL

So, Yesterday I was down in "the vault" (my gunroom in the basement) and decided to load up some 30-06. I was going to use 178 ELD Hornady's. When I got to the bullet stuffing phase I realized the box I thought I had was gone! I hate it when I have too many boxes that look the same.:( Of course, no one in town carries anything

Anyhow, realized this morning I have a box of generic Midway 180's. And since these aren't precision loads, I'm gonna have to do that. At least I didn't have to dump all the powder.?

Aaaaaannnnd....I picked up my new (to me) Husqvarna 640E in 8MM.?;)?:cool:

• Haha
Reactions: reubenski
Just started building out the shed out back for a new reloading shack.

Attachments

• 60326919-3177-4B82-9436-8D90ED654D29.jpeg
    60326919-3177-4B82-9436-8D90ED654D29.jpeg
    781 KB · Views: 55
  • F7CC053B-1CE1-4DDF-BC67-0D6B79E7BF1E.jpeg
    F7CC053B-1CE1-4DDF-BC67-0D6B79E7BF1E.jpeg
    810.8 KB · Views: 61
Reactions: sandwarrior
Cleaned the lock-n-load and OCD got the best of me and Drilled out the shell plate bearing dimples because it bothers me when gunk and spilled powder gets trapped in it, now it can pass through.

20191115_185951.jpg

Aaaahhh...the 'ol incipient case head separation trick ;)

Added: I didn't see you posted later. That isn't just a case of not enough lube. It is INCIPIENT CASE HEAD SEPARATION!

I'm glad you found this in the die, and not while firing the next load. If you look at the case wall thickness you can see it starting. During inspections you should run a thin metallic point, i.e. an extended paperclip or O-ring, down to the bottom of the case and feel for a groove there.

Last edited:
Ran an OCW test today on a new lot of H1000. Ended up in a totally different mode. Old lot was 77.8 gr @ 2950 fps shooting sub .5 moa. New lot is 76.3 gr @ 2840 fps shooting sub .5 moa. Both lots are shooting single digit es & sd #s.

Got some more loaded to 76.3gr to verify load later this week.

Reactions: Snuby642
Short but productive day.
@ 1000 head stamps sorted on 223 clean and inspected deprimed range brass.
50 primmed.

And reloading room cleaner by a ton.

Loaded up 100 .300 BLKs. Of all the stupid things I bought H110. Can't seem to remember it's ball and my little powder measure for that doesn't work well with ball. I found a dipper that gave me 16.0 gr. of that and loaded them. They aren't accuracy rounds (.300 BLK? Why you can compete with a .308 out to 800 I thought???) so as long as they go bang and get the bullet out of the barrel around 1900 fps, I'm okay with it.

Why, oh why, did I ever think I really needed a .300 BLK?

Reactions: x_789 and Alabusa
It was @spife7980 that turned me on to a great 300 blk load.
It is published I think on the jug and hornady book?

12.1gr CFEBLK / 220g rnfb hornady interlock @ 1060 fps.

Almost zero recoil, movie quiet with my AAC can. Shoots moa and better out of my Remington and cycles my aac sbr.

Thanks for reminding me I have some need loaded.

It was @spife7980 that turned me on to a great 300 blk load.
It is published I think on the jug and hornady book?

12.1gr CFEBLK / 220g rnfb hornady interlock @ 1060 fps.

Almost zero recoil, movie quiet with my AAC can. Shoots moa and better out of my Remington and cycles my aac sbr.

Thanks for reminding me I have some need loaded.
I gotta say, the subsonics have a lot less recoil than any of the fast(er) moving projectiles.

Other than the price of the bullet itself cheap centerfire trainer for new shooters especially any leary of center fire.

No recoil or noise (at a private range)
Makes for a very good learning experience.

Subsonic suppressed rimfire first for basics and then a series with 300 blk suppressed to get them used to ( a big scary looking bullet.
Next series is 223 ar suppressed and double bagged ears.

That is normally enough indoctrination to calm them down on long guns, scary looking black rifles and many start shopping for thier own asap.

Uncontrolled noise, heavy blast concussion and recoil will run off timid otherwise future 2a supporters.

Ammo that won't hold close to 1 moa will also frustrate new shooters and make training more dificult for all.

Reactive targets mixed with paper shooting has seemed to work well for me on squeamish converts.

Last edited:
After being gone to North Carolina for two months.. now home and able to get some 7mm RemMag match ammo agoing again. So happy....

Its Nosler's turn to make my Tikka sing. Some 168 Custom Comp's over 72g of WC857 (akin to Ramshot Magnum) inside RP brass.

15742025715162868874162134170250.jpg

Ran an OCW test today on a new lot of H1000. Ended up in a totally different mode. Old lot was 77.8 gr @ 2950 fps shooting sub .5 moa. New lot is 76.3 gr @ 2840 fps shooting sub .5 moa. Both lots are shooting single digit es & sd #s.

Got some more loaded to 76.3gr to verify load later this week.
300wm with 190's or so?

I tried to reload today in my new reloading room... Walk into the room and realize I left all my bullets at my old house.. Beer and TV it is haha

Other than the price of the bullet itself cheap centerfire trainer for new shooters especially any leary of center fire.

No recoil or noise (at a private range)
Makes for a very good learning experience.

Subsonic suppressed rimfire first for basics and then a series with 300 blk suppressed to get them used to ( a big scary looking bullet.
Next series is 223 ar suppressed and double bagged ears.

That is normally enough indoctrination to calm them down on long guns, scary looking black rifles and many start shopping for thier own asap.

Uncontrolled noise, heavy blast concussion and recoil will run off timid otherwise future 2a supporters.

Ammo that won't hold close to 1 moa will also frustrate new shooters and make training more dificult for all.

Reactive targets mixed with paper shooting has seemed to work well for me on squeamish converts.
I agree with all you are saying. I will add though, when I have a situation where accuracy is needed I use sub-moa ammo. The .300 I loaded will do that out to 100. Getting hits beyond that takes a lot more refinement that new shooters won’t have in that rifle. That’s when I like to bag up my .223 and let them work on accuracy with a 16X scope.

But, very good point you brought up. Get them behind a gun that they can do what it’s intended for.

Reactions: Snuby642
350 pc of 308 deprimed quick inspection (4 culls) half in the tumbler.
Hornady 168 eldm over varget cci 200 0.045 off lands, .0015 - 002 neck tension
42.0 got 0.74 group and 43.0 got a 0.65 group, 41.0 and 44.0 both opened up.

Factory fc gmm shoots 0.98

So loaded six sets in 0.2 increments covering that less the 42.0 and 43.0.

Plan on my son shooting those asap.

Not sure how is best for jump tests for next load.
Plan is 2 groups to confirm best load at .045 off
And then? These loads could get beat up in field conditions so I
want to stay off the lands by 0.005 to 0.010 thousands
could use recommendations on that.

To be honest would be very happy to lock down the .65 groups but
this is a test of all the help I have gotten from snipers hide so I feel like
I should put in max effort with the tools I have.

Chronograph on final product will be done and go from there.

Our family greatly appreciates all the help from the hide.

Finally got some powdered unicorn spunk to try.
View attachment 7183233
I am in your same boat. Today is the day..... I delve into my stash of Reloder 26..... 9 pounds.

Gonna blast a few 150 ELDx out of my 7mm RemMag with 68, 68.5, and 69 grains just to see where it is compared to Reloder 25 on the Hornady book..... since they dont have data for R26 ?

Reactions: Steel head
Started the work-up process on my new .224 Valkyrie

Attachments

• 7160482C-2344-4C0E-9F25-55595FF86393.jpeg
    7160482C-2344-4C0E-9F25-55595FF86393.jpeg
    110.2 KB · Views: 45
I am in your same boat. Today is the day..... I delve into my stash of Reloder 26..... 9 pounds.

Gonna blast a few 150 ELDx out of my 7mm RemMag with 68, 68.5, and 69 grains just to see where it is compared to Reloder 25 on the Hornady book..... since they dont have data for R26 ?
Did a quick ladder Thursday. One was excellent with great SD/ES.
Loaded 50 as I needed loads for a shooting trip Friday and today.
It was a laser at distance today and not having to crunch powder is awesome!!!!
83B79AB6-20E8-488F-9CF1-43AA1E0A84B0.jpeg

Aaaahhh...the 'ol incipient case head separation trick ;)

Added: I didn't see you posted later. That isn't just a case of not enough lube. It is INCIPIENT CASE HEAD SEPARATION!

I'm glad you found this in the die, and not while firing the next load. If you look at the case wall thickness you can see it starting. During inspections you should run a thin metallic point, i.e. an extended paperclip or O-ring, down to the bottom of the case and feel for a groove there.

I suppose it could have been... But I most certainly didn't use enough lube and it got stuck. This is once fired Lapua 6BR brass I fireformed into Dasher just jamming and shooting. So maybe that round didn't have enough of a jam and it stretched where it shouldn't have. But no issues with the other 599 cases I fireformed and resized. Couldn't notice anything on the inside of 20+ case walls when inspecting with a pick.

I shot a match last weekend and had a heck of a time seeing black-painted targets placed in the shade and shooting South with a bare stainless barrel made for a LOT of glare through my rinky dink scope with cut-rate glass. I took advantage of today's warm temperatures and calm conditions to rattlecan my barrel matte black. All that was on hand was some "grill paint." Oughta work if not I bet some solvent will take it off.

A little paper, tape and some plastic bags made short work of it.

George-Foreman-Treatment.jpg

Loaded up some 6.5 creedmoor with h4350 and 147 eldm. These are test loads for a new gun started at 40gr and went up to 42gr. 42 was getting a little crunchy with powder. The starline brass definitely has less case capacity the hornady.
2D92647C-ED5D-4681-8247-0DD469BD687D.jpeg
B559F8EA-B4AC-428C-AA53-5B438E55BD76.jpeg

Found a local deal on some 4350, primed some brass and played with some quickload to figure a starting load for some 88ELDs..