• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

What did you do in the reloading room today?

Tumbled a bunch of 9mm range brass

Before
20200613_125736.jpg

After
20200613_125753.jpg

Seated primers in 100 cases of 6.5 CM. First time using the Primal Rights CPS. Very easy to use and super accurate.
IMG_0462.JPG

Loaded up 50 rounds of .338LM and bought some legit Lapua brass! Time to do this shit right! 😃

I was tricked, I was backstabbed, and I was quite possibly, bamboozled.

My new PVA .223 Rem barrel for my Bighorn TL3 was delivered today. Got it spun on, swapped to the .223 bolt head I ordered a month ago (at the same time I ordered the barrel), go to function check with an empty case and what do you know: my .223 bolt head is too big for a .223 case....shit.

New bolt head doesn't fit a .308 either, so think it's a .224 valkyrie bolt head that was sent to me by mistake. Sent an email to Zermatt/Bighorn (who I bought the bolt head from directly), but probably won't hear back until Monday. I'm sure they'll make it right without issue, but was looking forward to starting load development. Have 200 new lapua brass, varget/8208, and berger 80.5/85.5gr to try out in it.

I like your bench. I have the exact same one. Got it from Harbor Freight.
Yep got mine from Harbor Freight as well. It was just the right size to fit into a tight spot in the basement. The only thing I didn't like about it is the drawer slides. I had to take off the right side drawers to mount the press and the slides just came apart - little ball bearings everywhere. I replaced the slides with some from grizzly and have no issues now.

Yep got mine from Harbor Freight as well. It was just the right size to fit into a tight spot in the basement. The only thing I didn't like about it is the drawer slides. I had to take off the right side drawers to mount the press and the slides just came apart - little ball bearings everywhere. I replaced the slides with some from grizzly and have no issues now.
I put my press on a riser to keep it from interfering with the drawers.
20200613_204854.jpg

Reactions: HemiPowrd
Got my .40 ammo finished, it’s only ~80 rounds so not much so far. I also primed some 9mm cases but didn’t have enough primers to finish all of the cases. Went to Murdoch’s for a few things and ended up getting rifle primers and some Nosler .308 bullets so now I can get going on my .30-06 rounds

Reactions: nikonNUT
I learned that if you fumble an open container of imperial application media your woman will scream like you wiped your dick on the drapes...

I learned that if you fumble an open container of imperial application media your woman will scream like you wiped your dick on the drapes...
C’mon man, stop wiping your dick on the interior decorating like a goddamned caveman. Wipe it in her bath towel like a civilized caveman

• Haha
Set up the reloading area in the new house. I still need a couple odds and ends. I caved and got 26lbs of Varget this week. I need to get 105gr Hybrids next.

D8A28144-ED58-4F39-98BE-4939A2EF7083.jpeg

Last edited:
Made a mess setting up a new to me progressive press and converting it from 45acp to 9mm. Also had to replace some worn out and damaged parts. Still waiting on a few parts to arrive. Will be like new over the next few days. Total cost including the press is less than $75.

Had some Ramshot LRT arrive so I'm whipping up some rounds to find a node.

Got a shipment of stuff today.
Unboxed, cleaned, and set up my .308 sizer. Used my new t-7 press, rcbs brass boss, and lyman case trim express for the first time. Prepped and primed two pieces of brass. The spent primer tube on the t-7 works so far. The slide bar primer feed works good, just had to tweak things a little bit. Polished the slide bar bracket, snapped the pickup tube tabs off (they never co-operate with me anyway). Got shipped a 230v tumbler when I ordered a 110v unit, so not gonna prep a bunch of dirty brass. Looking forward to seeing whether midsouth shooting supply is gonna hit me over the head with shipping and restocking for this tumbler or not.

Finally built a holder for my tube micrometer since my cheap azz couldn't justify the selling prices I was seeing.

i-VRKBtQb-XL.jpg

i-qWWHvd7-XL.jpg

i-Q6HJPSW-XL.jpg

I'll buy a nylon 1/4 x 20 bolt to replace the temporary steel bolt.

Finally built a holder for my tube micrometer since my cheap azz couldn't justify the selling prices I was seeing.

i-VRKBtQb-XL.jpg

i-qWWHvd7-XL.jpg

i-Q6HJPSW-XL.jpg

I'll buy a nylon 1/4 x 20 bolt to replace the temporary steel bolt.
Damn! That's slick!!!

Reactions: Sieg
Nice score on the primers. I remember way back when you could just buy a case of any brand or type you wanted.

Reactions: Alabusa
Assembled my bench last night and this morning. I got out of handloading about 10 years ago and am finally at a place I can get started again.

Bench is up, all my gear should be here Friday and will start working up some 6.5 Creedmoor fired formed brass this weekend.
IMG_20200714_114051.jpg

Last week I tore down my reloading room because we are moving to a new house. We move in our new house in two weeks and I will be able to build a new reloading room. I want to have two 8' benches with LED lights above and plenty of storage. One for reloading and one for gun-smithing. Does anyone have any schematics or pictures of really nice benches? I'm open to any and all ideas for a top of the line reloading room. Thanks.

Installed LED lighting over my bench and it made a huge difference. Then I loaded up 250 rounds of .45 Long Colt and 250 round of .38 Special. Taking the kids to the range and they love to shoot the cowboy guns.

Reactions: ken4570tc in WY
I spent the morning with my nephew cleaning his .308 Savage 12fv. Processing his brass for reloading and talking about long range accuracy. Really fun.

Reactions: Det. John McClane
Made up some rounds for my 6.5CM. Cleaned my rifle. Even mowed the yard.

The bench is on the rough and ugly side but I built it like a brick shithouse. If there's any natural disasters that sumbitch will outlast the house.

Attachments

• IMG_20200729_212729.jpg
    IMG_20200729_212729.jpg
    510 KB · Views: 57
  • IMG_20200729_212635.jpg
    IMG_20200729_212635.jpg
    401.3 KB · Views: 53
Reactions: Snuby642
Working on some 30 carbine loads to test in a new gun coming hopefully today
4B392D9B-DAFC-4691-B6BF-F9953E88B66A.jpeg

Last night I primed another 300 pistol cases and finished loading another box of 100.

I moved my Tailfisher out and over to the guy that built the trailer for it. Gonna have him raise the rear of the bunks up a couple of inches.

While there @8pointer and I used his lathe to complete his F-1 can.
Came back home and started putting things away so I could actually use my loading bench again.

Rebecca moved her book cases out of the MBR and insisted that I set something up to reload indoors again, so we picked up a nice oak armoire.
That'll go into the space that was previously occupied by the book cases.
It's just going to be for priming, powder and seating, but it'll be air conditioned.
Yaaay

Reactions: isofahunter
Started considering what reloading .338 Lapua will be compared to 6mm Creed....
20200731_065545.jpg

Finished testing my short range economy load 1.15 moa in my carbine.

52g speer 27.5 cfe223 in hs sorted range brass (fc223). Dillon progresive.

Think that is all I can get out of it so now I have 450 pieces of sorted brass to load. Still get a flier but my can mount needs lapped.

For a 300 yard load, is what it is for an 11 cent bullet. (At time of purchase) lol

Social comment on the lack of available shooting supplies.

Varget got put on federal endangered species list recently.

It has caused several reported instances of PTSD in reloaders and caused delusional side effects.

It is easy to cure by administering 42.7g in a steady regimen.