• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

What did you do in the reloading room today?

just asking bc your pic shows spent cases. Do you find sorting your 22 gives you better results down range?
Those aren’t spent cases in the picture. Yes, sorting has shown smaller groups for me, and more importantly, fewer flyers

I found some shitty weak brass, so in the process of culling it all. Aguila 30 carbine brass all bulged but the PPU didn’t. Have some Starline to play with and see what happens
9B872117-C2DF-4F71-8C9C-B48B0AA58D72.jpeg

• Angry
Reactions: Geno C.
Well, this conversation just got a whole lot more interesting.
Tell us more about this process.
Why you choose to load rimfire vs purchasing, how does the cost compare vs performance?
Where do you buy virgin rimfire brass?
How do you deal with the primer challenge?
What projectile and powder are you running?

Why you choose to load rimfire vs purchasing, how does the cost compare vs performance?
Cutting Edge is putting out primed .22lr cases and dies for seating bullets now, or should be soon.

I chose to load my own in an effort to squeeze the most capability out of the tiny little rimfire case. Cost of primed cases was under .06 each delivered. I’m not sure what primer challenge you are referring to?? Projectile is still a prototype so I’m not at liberty to discuss it just yet. Powder is yet to be determined but I’ll start with clays or universal.

I chose to load my own in an effort to squeeze the most capability out of the tiny little rimfire case. Cost of primed cases was under .06 each delivered. I’m not sure what primer challenge you are referring to?? Projectile is still a prototype so I’m not at liberty to discuss it just yet. Powder is yet to be determined but I’ll start with clays or universal.
Good luck with the effort. The primer question was assuming that you were priming cases but I guess the cases are primed when you buy them.

Corbin has a press setup for turning spent .22 brass into jacketed .224 bullets. You gotta supply the lead cores, but thats a thing too. If you’re into high volume .223 plinking or p-dogging.

My reloading adventure was no more exciting than a trip to Sportsman's to view the nearly empty shelves in the reloading and ammunition sections. I did pick up a box of Barnes 6mm 95grn LRX bullets and a tee-shirt that says 'These Colors Don't Run....They Reload.'

So a cheep manuver today.
Wallmart dog food containers.

Will hold 60 rounds 223 (2 mags) plus room for a small desiccant pk.
Short term storage.

Long term, vacuum seal.

Use better tape for travel.
20200815_214903.jpg

Finished my *first* complete cartridges today - 100 9mm rounds with 115gr Xtremes and CFE pistol (50 at 5.0gr and 50 at 5.2gr with two different case lengths).

IMG_1393.jpg

Went to the range and shot 'em all. All of them fed just fine in a CZ 75 and G34. Think I like the larger charge a bit better, waiting on the pistol rail adapter for my Magnetospeed to come in to get real data.

Prepped 100 cases of .45 tonight for the finishing touches tomorrow.

Hooked.

CE Products was good to a few of us this past week. Got my V3 set up and actually loaded up 100 dasher rounds I had primed just to play with it.
IMG_3228.jpg

Reactions: camocorvette
Installed UniqueTec primer feed stop switch and case feed stop switch on my 650. Now the press will do exactly what I tell it to and I won’t have to spend 20 minutes on the floor looking for that single goddamn small pistol primer that got away from me. 😂

Added some powder bar adjustment knobs to all four of my powder drops. Nice finger adjustability means no more trying to find the wrench to adjust my powder drops.

Still waiting on my index bearing block and spent primer drop chute conversion from EntirelyCrimson.

Been looking for some brass (neck-turned specific to one particular barrel) that I haven't been able to find for a while - like since I moved 18 months ago. Finally decided to clear out a few boxes of stuff that I had shoved out of the way under a bench and in a cabinet when I moved into this 24'x32` detached shop. Figured they were mostly 'junk' as I had everything I'd "needed" already organized in other base cabinets.

The first box was indeed, mostly odds-n-ends, much of which was over-due for recycle. The rest, though...

Is it bad when you 'find' over 10,000 bullets you forgot you had? :unsure: :rolleyes: :ROFLMAO:

Cleaned, annealed, sized and primed 100 .223Rem for a match this weekend, and loaded another 100 pistol rounds for a rainy day.

Using a single-stage press, sized and decapped 712 pieces of Lake City .223 then de-crimped them on a Dillon Super Swage.

On ebay, I see a "Swage It" tool that would let me swage primer pockets on my Dillon 550b. Does anyone here use it? I'm thinking for the price of the tool and a die plate, I could do this in half the time.
Have you tried out the Swage It yet? I just heard of it today and after prepping 223 brass between press and Dillon Super Swager I was thinking of incorporating the Swage It tool on my 750XL.

Sized and cleaned all the 45LC, 38spl and 357Mag I had waiting to be processed. Over 9 pounds of 38 brass. Broke a Lee decamping pin when an errant primer made its way is a case.

Reactions: camocorvette