• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

What idiot buys Green Bay Packers stock?

lonegunman762x51

MSgt USAF ret.
Minuteman
Apr 8, 2011
Pacific Northwest
So here is the concept. You give the Green Bay Packers $300 a share plus $35 bucks a share to print and mail a worthless piece of paper to you and they keep the money while you go fuck yourself. If you try and sell this worthless shit they have the first right of refusal to buy it back at 2.5 pennies per share.

You get absolutely nothing, no dividends, no monetary disbursals of any kind for the life time of owning this stock. You cannot sell it, you do not get input on the direction of the company, no meetings to attend, no voting rights, no free, cheap or discounted tickets, no preferred seating, no preference for tickets literally you get absolutely nothing.

They will use your money as a free investment in their facility and team instead of having to get loans and purchase bonds, they will build more sky boxes for their uber rich friends and a few seats for the fucking peasants. They raise $100 million dollars in capital, hucksters get rich on commissions and the "investor" has the pride of giving billionaires their money and getting nothing in return.

Why would people buy this crap? If you like Green Bay, buy a jersey made by slaves in China for 300 bucks, then you own a shirt. This is literally a 2 cent piece of paper ran thru the copier in the lobby of the club house and mailed to an idiot in a 4 penny envelope for $335 bucks.

They limit you to owning no more than 200 shares.........................................act fast.

You get absolutely nothing, no dividends, no monetary disbursals of any kind for the life time of owning this stock. You cannot sell it, you do not get input on the direction of the company, no meetings to attend, no voting rights, no free, cheap or discounted tickets, no preferred seating, no preference for tickets literally you get absolutely nothing.
False. There is an annual shareholders meeting and voting rights to the Board of Directors.

"Why would anyone buy this crap"
Well I think that of KAC, Luxury Autos, Sports Jerseys, and a host of other items. Who gives a shit what people spend their money on. Plus it sure as hell ain't gonna to Occupied Mainland Taiwan.

Stop being a butthurt Vikings fan. I'd say Bears, but you know, they won a Championship or two...

"They will use your money"
"giving billionaires their money"

Who is they and who are the billionaires?

140 bucks, so you can buy two jerseys and have money left over for rent.
1641841854651.png

So here is the concept. You give the Green Bay Packers $300 a share plus $35 bucks a share to print and mail a worthless piece of paper to you and they keep the money while you go fuck yourself. If you try and sell this worthless shit they have the first right of refusal to buy it back at 2.5 pennies per share.

They will use your money as a free investment in their facility and team instead of having to get loans and purchase bonds, they will build more sky boxes for their uber rich friends and a few seats for the fucking peasants. They raise $100 million dollars in capital, hucksters get rich on commissions and the "investor" has the pride of giving billionaires their money and getting nothing in return.

Why would people buy this crap? If you like Green Bay, buy a jersey made by slaves in China for 300 bucks, then you own a shirt. This is literally a 2 cent piece of paper ran thru the copier in the lobby of the club house and mailed to an idiot in a 4 penny envelope for $335 bucks.

They limit you to owning no more than 200 shares.........................................act fast.
For the vast majority of minor investors, you have just described the stock market. Congrats...

"They will use your money"
"giving billionaires their money"

Who is they and who are the billionaires?
I beleive the benficiary of Green Bay Packers, INC is the Local VFW. If they were to be sold.

Other than that only the president get a salary. Its a non-profit corp. Any surplus funds are sent to charity or a rainy day fund.

Last edited:
I took a different tack and named the Packers pallbearers at my funeral in my will

So they can let me down one last time....

Funny Wiki edits in cased you missed them (not mine, but funny):
1641844763837.png

1641844991504.png

My wife for one, she also has a pc of the Frozen Turf. I am sure after 25yrs in our living room, it has thawed.
Stupid, I suppose, she is a lifelong fan. Rather see her single stock on the wall than Nike shit in our closets.

That’s why you should be a lions fan

$300 gets you,

- Season tickets
- VIP parking
- Lions Hoodie
- Lions coffee mug
- 2 Burgers per game
- 4 Bud Lights per game ($2 for each additional)
- Seating on the 50 yd line next to Goff
- Allows you to take 3 snaps or call 5 plays (your choice)

And you never need to plan ahead for playoff games or Super Bowls. Saving you $$ on travel expenses

$300 gets you,

- Season tickets
- VIP parking
- Lions Hoodie
- Lions coffee mug
- 2 Burgers per game

And you never need to plan ahead for playoff games or Super Bowls. Saving you $$ on travel expenses
Let’s just hypothesize that the offensive coaching staff gets canned. Is the Lions fan base large enough for them to call an entire game, at 5 plays per paying fan?

• Haha
Reactions: lariat

$300 gets you,

- Season tickets
- VIP parking
- Lions Hoodie
- Lions coffee mug
- 2 Burgers per game

The downside is openly admitting to watching the Lions...:D

God has punished me thoroughly. My son roots for the Lions and my daughter thinks its ok to root for the Vikings.

The downside is openly admitting to watching the Lions...:D

God has punished me thoroughly. My son roots for the Lions and my daughter thinks its ok to root for the Vikings.
The first step in the healing process is admitting to being a lions fan….

Reactions: DocRDS
I am likely the 1% of folks who live here and give zero fucks about the Packers.
I see many of the stock certificates framed in fans homes.
Just a way to support the only team that does not have a billionaire owner.
To each their own.

This model is designed to prevent the team from being owned by a single person. It produces a more community-oriented team.

The fan base is testament to that.

When they were going to rename Soldier Field (Chicago Bears; named to honor our military) there was a revolt. It wouldn't have even happened if the Chicago Bears were owned in this way.

This model is designed to prevent the team from being owned by a single person. It produces a more community-oriented team.

The fan base is testament to that.

When they were going to rename Soldier Field (Chicago Bears; named to honor our military) there was a revolt. It wouldn't have even happened if the Chicago Bears were owned in this way.
It could always be worse.

Two words:
Jerry Jones.

I do love how everyone (even news) refers to the new stadium as "Jerryworld" Stupid Naming rights.

I do love my football and hockey, but everytime I see those stupid "Equity" caps or some ***** Owner gets billions for a new stadium I get pushed over the edge. One of the reasons I am not a Pats hater...MF payed for his own stadium. Props.

I grew up and lived in Wisconsin for 20 years. The state lives and dies with the packers. They are one reason why I can't watch the nfl. It can be April or May and the main story on the local news is who they picked in the draft or what's happening in spring training. Major news isn't mentioned or even the nba or nhl playoffs and not the start of baseball season.
People are willing to give them money just to say they "own" part of the team. It's more than even religion to them.

Probably really comfy in their new balance Velcro shoes for walking around Walmart and claiming to support America, ie low IQ boomers.

I am likely the 1% of folks who live here and give zero fucks about the Packers.
I see many of the stock certificates framed in fans homes.
Just a way to support the only team that does not have a billionaire owner.
To each their own.
i used to never miss a game. then they started the kneeling shit….and they can all go piss up a rope…aint seen a game since and am done with all things nfl.

Probably really comfy in their new balance Velcro shoes for walking around Walmart and claiming to support America, ie low IQ boomers.
Give em a break. It's completely innocent and in good fun. Maybe you'd rather take a day and walk through one of the country's inner cities in designer Nikes ?

Give em a break. It's completely innocent and in good fun. Maybe you'd rather take a day and walk through one of the country's inner cities in designer Nikes ?

I’ll walk through any city in my country I like, wearing whatever I like, and may god have mercy on anyone who tries to fuck with me, because I won’t.

Also who wears Nikes? Good womens shoes or office shoes (see womens) maybe, but they are built far too delicate for how I live, won’t last but a few months for me.

Went to a opening home game for the packers, it was interesting for about the first hour than I was over it, just can’t get too into sportsball.

I’ll walk through any city in my country I like, wearing whatever I like, and may god have mercy on anyone who tries to fuck with me, because I won’t.

Also who wears Nikes? Good womens shoes or office shoes (see womens) maybe, but they are built far too delicate for how I live, won’t last but a few months for me.

Went to a opening home game for the packers, it was interesting for about the first hour than I was over it, just can’t get too into sportsball.
Packers fans everywhere are grateful that you now live on the East Coast.

Any inbred faggot that supports that shitty team and gives them $$$ for a “share” deserves to lose all their money.

This post brought to you by a life long, idiot Bears fan. Bear down, fuck the packers!

P.S. related threads strikes again, lol

Any inbred faggot that supports that shitty team and gives them $$$ for a “share” deserves to lose all their money.

This post brought to you by a life long, idiot Bears fan. Bear down, fuck the packers!

P.S. related threads strikes again, lol
HAHA, were you just in the "bears still suck" thread?

Reactions: The D
LOL I was just making that up. No one cares enough about the bears to start a thread, except for the one you started in 2020.

If ever there was a southern border that needed a wall, it's the Wisconsin border with Illinois.

Reactions: Dunraven
LOL I was just making that up. No one cares enough about the bears to start a thread, except for the one you started in 2020.

If ever there was a southern border that needed a wall, it's the Wisconsin border with Illinois.
Lol, we’ll played

As much as I love my team there’s zero chance I’ll be moving back to hellinois under current circumstances. I could be talked into moving to WI though

Reactions: Austan
Of course it’s stupid to buy worthless stock in the Green Bay packers, but unrelated if they sold stock in my Georgia Bulldogs it would be perfectly reasonable to pick up a share.

Lol, we’ll played

As much as I love my team there’s zero chance I’ll be moving back to hellinois under current circumstances. I could be talked into moving to WI though
I have family in Chicago and they were up recently to visit. As we were talking about the new stadium my Aunt says; no one is going all the way up to Arlington heights to watch the bears lose.

Ouch. If that's how the bears fans feel, I don't really need to pick on them anymore. Honestly, they have been so bad for so long I root for them most of the time like the Lions. I would hate if they moved away.

I have family in Chicago and they were up recently to visit. As we were talking about the new stadium my Aunt says; no one is going all the way up to Arlington heights to watch the bears lose.
Ouch. If that's how the bears fans feel, I don't really need to pick on them anymore. Honestly, they have been so bad for so long I root for them most of the time like the Lions. I would hate if they moved away.
Really? I’d bet more people that travel to the games are closer to Arlington Heights than downtown next to the lake. Arlington Heights is also closer to O’hare for anyone traveling out of state. And from what I understand(I haven’t paid super close attention to the new stadium talk) the property is huge and could be more like an amusement park than just a stadium for the games. Hopefully taking fans’ minds off of the mediocre team they’re watching

But the criticism of ownership and management is valid. That criticism is valid for almost any team too. GB got soooo lucky in two hof qb’s in a row that it just seems like second nature that they win. I’m obviously profoundly biased but it seems like when Rodgers retires, Love is going to be a significant downgrade(I hope).

Edit: Not sure what happened when I quoted this but I don’t want to re-type all this

Last edited:
I don't think Love is really the future of the Packers, or at least I hope not. He does not look like a 3rd year QB, more like a rookie. I was fine with the pick being based entirely on potential but it's not looking like he will work out to me. He kind of plays like a slightly less talented Kapernik. Maybe it will still click for him and he will suddenly get a lot better but at this point I hope he has a great third preseason game and we get max value trading him.

God damn people are fucking stupid. This cross section of this website is no different.

Its not a stock for ROI.

Packers are a community owned team, the ONLY one like it in the NFL. They are one of the oldest and most respected franchises in the NFL. Their stadium, is the "mecca" of football stadiums.

When the team needs up upgrade the stadium, or raise funds for some reason, they sell stock. The team does not have to go into debt. It allows the fans (Many who spend Thousands a year on packers tickets and swag) to support their team. Also, its a National fanbase so a Packers fan in Arizona or New York who will not have season tickets can still support the team financially.

Its $300, which isn't shit. A good ticket to a game costs more than that.

The Packers are the only community-owned franchise in North America's four traditional major leagues.[a][14][100][101] Rather than being the property of an individual, partnership, or corporate entity, they are held by stockholders, more than 537,000 in total as of 2022. No one is allowed to hold more than 200,000 shares.[5] It is this broad-based community support and non-profit structure[102] which has kept the team in Green Bay for nearly a century even though it is the smallest market in North American professional sports.[a]

The city of Green Bay had a population of only 107,395 as of the 2020 census,[103] and 600,000 in its television market, significantly less than the average NFL figures. The team, however, has long had an extended fan base throughout Wisconsin and parts of the Midwest, thanks in part to playing one pre-season and three regular-season home games each year in Milwaukee through 1995. It was only when baseball-only Miller Park preempted football there that the Packers' home slate became played entirely in Green Bay.

As of 2021, there have been six stock sales to fund Packer operations over the team's history, beginning with $5,000 being raised through 1,000 shares offered at $5 apiece in 1923.[104] The latest was in November 2021, where they sold almost 200,000 shares.[105]

The original "Articles of Incorporation for the Green Bay Football Corporation", enacted in 1923, specified that should the franchise be sold, any post-expenses money would have gone to the Sullivan-Wallen Post of the American Legion to build "a proper soldier's memorial". This stipulation was included to ensure there could never be any financial inducement for shareholders to move the club from Green Bay. At the November 1997 annual meeting, shareholders voted to change the beneficiary from the Sullivan-Wallen Post to the Green Bay Packers Foundation, which makes donations to many charities and institutions throughout Wisconsin.[106]

Even though it is referred to as "common stock" in corporate offering documents, a share of Packers stock does not share the same rights traditionally associated with common or preferred stock. It does not include an equity interest, does not pay dividends, cannot be traded, has no securities-law protection, and brings no season ticket purchase privileges. All shareholders receive are voting rights, an invitation to the corporation's annual meeting, and an opportunity to buy exclusive shareholder-only merchandise.[102] Shares of stock cannot be resold, except back to the team for a fraction of the original price. While new shares can be given as gifts, transfers are technically allowed only between immediate family members once ownership has been established.[106]

Green Bay is the only team with this form of ownership structure in the NFL, which does not comply with current league rules stipulating a maximum of 32 owners per team, with one holding a minimum 30% stake. The Packers' corporation was grandfathered when the NFL's current ownership policy was established in the 1980s.[107] As a publicly held nonprofit, the Packers are also the only American major-league sports franchise to release its financial balance sheet every year.

Board of directors​

Green Bay Packers, Inc., is governed by a seven-member executive committee elected from a 45-member board of directors. It consists of a president, vice president, treasurer, secretary and three members-at-large; only the president is compensated. Responsibilities include directing corporate management, approving major capital expenditures, establishing broad policy, and monitoring management performance.

The team's elected president normally represents the Packers in NFL owners meetings. During his time as coach, Vince Lombardi generally represented the team at league meetings in his role as general manager, except at owners-only meetings, where president Dominic Olejniczak appeared.[1]

Green Bay Packers Foundation​

Main article: Green Bay Packers Foundation
The team created the Green Bay Packers Foundation in December 1986. It assists in a wide variety of activities and programs benefiting education, civic affairs, health services, human services and youth-related programs.[108]

At the team's 1997 annual stockholders meeting the foundation was designated in place of a Sullivan-Wallen Post soldiers memorial as recipient of any residual assets upon the team's sale or dissolution.

Well.. you're looking at someone who bought a share of Cleveland Indians stock in the late 90's. LOL.
I have no idea where that certificate is though.

I don't think Love is really the future of the Packers, or at least I hope not. He does not look like a 3rd year QB, more like a rookie. I was fine with the pick being based entirely on potential but it's not looking like he will work out to me. He kind of plays like a slightly less talented Kapernik. Maybe it will still click for him and he will suddenly get a lot better but at this point I hope he has a great third preseason game and we get max value trading him.
I really hope not. I also really hope Fields is the real deal. But then, the rest of the offense is a huge question mark

Stop being a butthurt Vikings fan. I'd say Bears, but you know, they won a Championship or two...
Some bar bet info you...

The Vikings did in fact win an NFL Championship in 1969 (the last NFL Championship game ever played, before the official NFL/AFL merger). Of the four NFL teams that joined the league during the AFL era (1960s), Minnesota was the sole winner of a pre-merger NFL championship.

However, the Vikings would go on to lose Super Bowl IV 23–7 to the AFL champion Kansas City Chiefs that same season. Starting with the 1970 season, the NFL champion was determined in the Super Bowl, beginning with Super Bowl V.

In honor of Len Dawson, the winning QB in Super Bowl IV, here's a photo from Super Bowl 1:

len-dawson-cig-super-bowl-01192014.jpg

Some bar bet info you...

The Vikings did in fact win an NFL Championship in 1969 (the last NFL Championship game ever played, before the official NFL/AFL merger). Of the four NFL teams that joined the league during the AFL era (1960s), Minnesota was the sole winner of a pre-merger NFL championship.

However, the Vikings would go on to lose Super Bowl IV 23–7 to the AFL champion Kansas City Chiefs that same season. Starting with the 1970 season, the NFL champion was determined in the Super Bowl, beginning with Super Bowl V.

In honor of Len Dawson, the winning QB in Super Bowl IV, here's a photo from Super Bowl 1:

len-dawson-cig-super-bowl-01192014.jpg
As much as I REALLY hate the Vikings (in a sports way)--it warmed my heart to see old Bud Grant open the new stadium. THey don't make em like they used to.

These kids these days don't count those NFL championships. Cause if we did, someone has a three-peat (two of em in fact!)

Now tear the roof off that stadium and play like real men in da' sno

^^ which is what the bears are doing now, building a new place with a roof. No roof, no superbowl, no big money coming in. Getting rid of soldier field is criminal and not just because Aaron Rogers "still" owns it. And I'm sure it will be even worse when the naming rights come out. Rainbow pride monkey pox field or some other faggoty ass woketarded shit.

Reactions: The D
I've been around long enough to remember seeing the Packers play 1/2 the games at the old Milwaukee Brewers stadium (which is baseball). So both teams had to be on same side of field while the camera crews were on the other side.

^^ which is what the bears are doing now, building a new place with a roof. No roof, no superbowl, no big money coming in. Getting rid of soldier field is criminal and not just because Aaron Rogers "still" owns it. And I'm sure it will be even worse when the naming rights come out. Rainbow pride monkey pox field or some other faggoty ass woketarded shit.
They had some token woketard “help” in the head coach hiring process this offseason. I don’t even remember it’s name but I remember it sounded really fruity, like something Gweneth Paltrow wouldn’t even name one of her crotch goblins