• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

What is the 22 that you consider the most fun for you?

CZ 455 or this
5A514D19-F1C0-4FE1-B3D7-B25DD09381D5.jpeg

I haven’t had it that long but the V-22 is hard to top. My little Henry is pretty cool too.

Attachments

• 4AAED525-7817-4013-B124-DAEC53EA47FE.jpeg
    4AAED525-7817-4013-B124-DAEC53EA47FE.jpeg
    617.5 KB · Views: 82
Reactions: STex and usafa77
Depends on the mood.
Winchester 52 or Ruger 10/22 for good groups
GSG-5 for tactical fun.

My Buckmark was the first handgun I ever bought. Reliable as ever, eats anything, and accuracy is pretty good.

Silenced MK4 22/45 for plinking fun around the farm, but I still often reach for the Marlin 39A for nostalgic lever fun.

Reactions: Merlin O
stuck between my 41 smith and cz 457 mtr leaning towards the 41 I always wanted one and when I did finally get it already has a trigger job and is a Clark custom so It was already more than I hopped for when I saw it in a case at the store and heard it faint cries for a new home . The cz was more a lust purchase I loved the lines and curves in wood yea its mass produced but its sexy and its mine and it shoots really really nice .

Toss up between my Colt Diamondback and Anschutz 1712 Featherweight

IMG_4627.JPG

IMG_4630.JPG

Last edited:
Marlin 39A golden boy.

It of course wears a 2-10x ffp mill scope to irritate the purists.

No idea how many gophers and rabbits it's shot. It lived on the farm for many years, and ended up with me when Grandpa died and Grandma couldn't see the sights. It defended the garden for 40+ years.

Remington  .22 Mag 005.jpg

Ruger Single Six : I miss that one. Gave it to my oldest son as it was memorable to him when I took him out to the desert and loaded it with blanks. He was 13 at the time. I teased him about not being able to hit the broadside of a barn. It fired both LR and Mags. I usually kept the Mag cylinder in it and only used the LR cylinder once.
Remington Model #597 .22 Mag. New Voltquartsen Extractor fixed the FTE and new, 4th variation magazines (not pictured) fixed the FTF problems most people had with this rifle. Mine has a synthetic stock.

Attachments

• Ruger 016.jpg
    Ruger 016.jpg
    169.6 KB · Views: 41
Reactions: STex and Merlin O
My tikka t1x, basically in stock. For me what's fun is a gun that shoots accurately, so if I missed I know it's my fault.

My BXR and 10/22 aren't as reliable in accuracy, so the T1X takes the cake for me.

Attachments

• midastac.png
    midastac.png
    747.6 KB · Views: 59
My tikka t1x, basically in stock. For me what's fun is a gun that shoots accurately, so if I missed I know it's my fault.

My BXR and 10/22 aren't as reliable in accuracy, so the T1X takes the cake for me.
What glass and rings you running on there?

Thank you sir...looking to just dip my feet in the 22lr arena. I am leaning heavily towards getting the tikka...

I love my Tikka. I have only ever read good things about them online as well. Lot's of options for upgrades down the road if you like.
For me it was between the CZ 457 and T1X. Because I own a few other Tikka rifles I went with the T1X, but it seems like you can't
go wrong with either rifle.

Enjoy!

Reactions: KarubaGold
Suppressed 8" Charger or 10/22--just a joy for all ages.

i never got into anything fancy.
gave my old 10/22 to my nephew and got a takedown lite. put a cheap red dot on it and i appreciate it for the low cost fun it gives.

What is the 22 that you consider the most fun for you? Got a Titan stock to slowly put together a Kidd Supergrade as extra cash flow allows. Dug a 10/22 I put together for the kids years ago and stuck it in the stock. Had a ball seeing how fast I could get through the spinners. It’s been a while for me just to go out and plink and it was a lot of fun.

10/22 action
Magnum Research Carbon threaded barrel
A few Volquartsen parts and some polishing
Nikon Prostaff rimfire 3-12
Aguila sub sonic and Silencerco Spectre 2
In my research I've found that you can spend lots of $$ to modify a 22lr but it always comes down to two things: 1) Knowing how your rifle performs at varying distances and wind conditions (practice, practice, practice) and 2) finding the right ammo that your particular rifle shoots best with. Since you can't reload 22lr to obtain consistent performance you are forced into shooting whatever the various manufacturers are selling. After testing over two dozen types of 22lr ammo (even the new stuff whenever it comes out) I keep coming back to LAPUA Center-X (25 cents/rd) and when the money is on the line LAPUA X-Act ) 50 cents/rd. I find that (in my rifles) LAPUA shoots better than ELEY, CCI, RWS, WOLF, NORMA, AGUILA, etc.

What is the 22 that you consider the most fun for you? Got a Titan stock to slowly put together a Kidd Supergrade as extra cash flow allows. Dug a 10/22 I put together for the kids years ago and stuck it in the stock. Had a ball seeing how fast I could get through the spinners. It’s been a while for me just to go out and plink and it was a lot of fun.

10/22 action
I miss my old Marlin 39A .22 lever action.

10/22 action

Oh, I'm EASY.

It was the Ruger 10/22 with a sweet wooden stock, when I first got Obama's call to arms. Sarc.

A fun as hell little plinker, put a halfway decent scope on it and even the wife enjoyed shooting it when I had gas tanks for her to hear the PINGS on.

Later on got the Ruger 22L target pistol, a beauty and love the way it fills the hand, but not near as much fun as the 10/22.

Next it was a Mossberg, I believe, in 22L, a tactical pistol type. Are you serious? A tactical pistol in 22L? Fun, but no cigar.

It was about here I decided bigger was better.........

Now, years and lots of acquisitions later, I have one question for you guys.........

Anyone got a Boys Tank Gun and a hundred rounds for sale, CHEAP??? Must be operable and accurate.

I have a 10/22 I built.
standard receiver and bolt. A Boyd’s stock, Kidd barrel and brake, Kidd trigger, arken 6x24x50 scope, arken rings and a 30 moa rail I’m not sure of the company but it was suggested on here.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    408.5 KB · Views: 46
Reactions: slickalaus12

10/22 action

Truly anything my kids love shooting. They love their Grandpa's old 22's, especially his Stevens pump and his Western Auto Semi-auto tube fed.... but our recently purchased Savage B22 Precision has really grabbed our attention and taught us that we are truly Noobi's in this precision game though shooting more to get better is the best part of it...!

Attachments

• IMG_1831.jpeg
    IMG_1831.jpeg
    420.8 KB · Views: 51
Truly anything my kids love shooting. They love their Grandpa's old 22's, especially his Stevens pump and his Western Auto Semi-auto tube fed.... but our recently purchased Savage B22 Precision has really grabbed our attention and taught us that we are truly Noobi's in this precision game though shooting more to get better is the best part of it...!
CCI blazer is the most accurate and inexpensive ammo I have found. It shoots great in everything I’ve tried

Reactions: Ejbthree
I started this to see what everyone digs out when they are going out just for fun and not be too serious. Will be digging way back in the safe to give some old stuff some range time. Thinking stainless Buckmark and 513t will go along with the 22 sbr.

My favorite is definitely my Volquartsen Custom 10/22. It's way more accurate than any semi-automatic rimfire rifle has a right to be. Perfect match for the Vortex Strike-Eagle 5-25x optic! (Just waiting on the release of the KRG Bravo 10/22 for it's final upgrade!)
IMG_6760.JPG

Reactions: Ejbthree
Since I got the vudoo my cz 455 has been sitting in the safe till recently when I discovered some critters around. Got a night vision rig off amazon and it actually works pretty great. Been doing pretty good on the rats. It’s fun as hell.
EC2ACDED-3204-4EDB-B501-71BF85D4ACAE.jpeg
6F323C5F-BD43-40B9-AE54-555E86E10B1A.jpeg
D322F484-A77A-4E5D-98BF-026EB047CEFA.jpeg

My Colt .22 (briefly called the "Cadet .22", but Colt got sued). It was the first handgun my dad ever bought for me. It's Incredibly accurate with both the 4.5" and 6" uppers and absolutely priceless to me.

Second choice would be my integrally suppressed 15-22. Innovative Arms conversion added less than a quarter of an inch and maybe 2 oz. vs factory specs. It's crazy quiet and keeps just about everything subsonic.

10/22 action
Browning old style.

10/22 action
Tikka T1x, hands down! In a KRG Bravo chassis, with good glass, it is awesome! Ruger RAR in a Stocky's walnut stock is a close 2nd. The glass is the key...

Not as fancy but my little Browning lever 22 comes out every fall for squirrel hunting and helps hone my open sight target acquisition skills. My favorite 22.

Reactions: STex
I would pick my 10/22 race gun for steel challenge.
Mark

Tough one. Either my 39A with peep sights that I bought on my 18th birthday that wins the nostalgia points. I also have a 4.5” suppressed AR that is a whole lot of fun to shoot.

That question is too hard for me to answer. I have 44 rimfire rifles and 31 rimfire handguns to choose from. Today I shot my Kimber KOO Sporter, Sako M78, Sako Quad Range, CZ 452 Varmint and my CZ 452 American. Probably 30-40 rounds through each.

I don't know how you can't pick a 10/22 or clone. Being able to keep shooting and not having to run a bolt is great. With how accurate all of the aftermarket good, like Volquartson, have made them they are a load of fun. Love bouncing shotgun hulls around.

My two favourite 22s with a couple of my favourite dudes. My two flanking generations.
My father was never a shooter, but my son is now learning in parallel with me.

720FEA83-EEA4-4E5E-A68B-FCADCFA113FB.jpeg

5E3BCC3D-BD26-4829-8AAC-74EFEF0B7247.jpeg

6C985BFF-2E67-445E-BD4C-F09193C03026.jpeg

Tokay444,
I wish I had the opportunity with family like you are having now. Also, that old swing set sure brings back memories.

Reactions: Tokay444
It was a really great weekend. I haven’t been down to my father’s house over 2 years. I’ll need to get back sooner than that though. I have a car there for my oldest that needs some repair.