• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

What is the weather like in your AO today?

DIBBS

Old Mountain Man-Tired occasionally Grumpy SOB
Supporter
Minuteman
  • Aug 21, 2008
    WARSHington State
    I'm guessing Montana/Colorado is probably the coldest in the CONUS, maybe the midwest?.

In Eastern WA it was -5 when I got up, with a 25-35 mph wind. This is the first real cold weather we've had... but appears that it is going to only last for a few days.

Maybe I'll find a hungry coyote when the wind dies. Stay Warm !

Screenshot 2024-01-12 at 11.33.49 AM.png

36 and raining after snowing most of the late night and early morning. Snowfall expected to continue this afternoon through tomorrow afternoon. Winds 20 - 35 mph projected to start tomorrow, high of 27 degrees.

Sunday through Tuesday, near or slightly below 0.

8 degrees in Omaha on the way here.

Should be home in an hour where it is currently a balmy 13.

The high at home for Sunday is currently forecasted at -9. Yes, that’s the high. Low is forecast to be -19.

Reactions: camocorvette
    I'm guessing Montana/Colorado is probably the coldest in the CONUS, maybe the midwest?.

In Eastern WA it was -5 when I got up, with a 25-35 mph wind. This is the first real cold weather we've had... but appears that it is going to only last for a few days.

14 degrees, sunny and windy here in western warshington.......

I was woke up by heavy rain before 0500. After that passed, it's been a mix of sun and clouds with dropping temps and increasing winds. It was in the 50s when I woke up, and it's down to 38 now.

85 and partly cloudy where I’m currently at in se FL.

8f currently, says it will be -10 tonight.

Not knowing how cold it would be, I planned to sleep in the yard tonight for fun and to test some new components of sleep system. Hopefully I survive. 🥶

8-12 inches of snow and high winds. Temp is around 31. -2 for the high on Monday. About time winter showed up!

They closed the majority of the surrounding schools in my area due to "high wind forecast", which was/is 20mph+, gusts could be 80mph in the mountains. First time I've seen schools systems close due to "high winds" Next week they are calling for highs around 30 or so for a few days, lows in the low teens, but I'm sure it will change between now and then. LOL

Lots of threats of everything short of a volcano (we even had a 2.8 earthquake 60 miles from our home yesterday)

But what shook out was some rain then seriously (for North Louisiana) dropping temperatures and tropical storm force wind gusts. Gonna be cold tonight, not so bad tomorrow, getting worse on Sunday and then two or three days of sub freezing weather and possibly some light snow.

Definitely not shorts and tee shirt weather

One more day tomorrow in Central Texas to get your pipes wrapped and covered and then Sunday it's going to be at or below freezing. I'm shutting my well off and draining the pipes in the cabin.

Mon. is supposed to be in the low teens and Tues morning it's supposed to be colder than a whore's heart, with wind chills around zero and below.

My grocery store was a madhouse as people were stocking up on everything. The butcher brought a rolling tower of meat out to restock the shelves and people surrounded it like hungry cattle. He just stood back and they picked it clean.

It's just a glimpse how people will act if the Democrats steal another election.

Last edited:
    ...WINTER STORM WARNING REMAINS IN EFFECT UNTIL 7 PM EST SATURDAY...WHAT...Heavy snow and blowing snow expected. Total snow accumulations of 8 to 14 inches. Lesser amounts around 6 inches possible near the immediate Lake Huron shoreline. Winds gusting as high as 55 mph.

Don't know where.......I live near Kansas City......11 deg. now, high of 8 tomorrow , 1 on Sunday..........
    Yea, I was gonna say...

Tuesday (maybe it was Wednesday ?) we got close to 2' of snow...drifts to 4-5 foot everywhere, snowed VERY heavy and was blowing 40-60 the entire time.
    Last night/this morn we got another 6" or so.
    It's a fuggin winter wonderland here now and I don't see being able to drive much for at least another week.....because road crews here are not up to the skill levels I've seen in other places, no salt, beet juice only (don't ask, look it up).
    Todays high 14, tonight -5 (windchill -30).
    Tomorrow 1 (-24 windchill) for the high and -18 (windchill -36) for the low.

Freakin whoopie.

I'm not going to turn on the AC, we will just tough it out.....
    View attachment 8321324

Now how are you going to go snowmobiling with that? That's useless!

It was -18 and snowing when I went out to start my truck 20 minutes ago. It might be making heat in another 20. Only took about 15 minutes to warm the trans up from -15* to +20*!

We're supposed to be up into the 20s next week. We need it to keep bumping up and down as that's what makes snow here!

Its been fucking cold here 12-15 at night and 30 during the day with a bunch of wind 10-20mph+. Measured 31mph on my wind meter yesterday. My dog gets arthritis really bad when its cold and I have to carry her outside to take a shit.

North Texas, near the Red River. 34 F. But it will get butt ugly cold Sunday through Tuesday. Possibly some frozen stuff.

I have towel wraps and hose bib covers on my two outside faucets. I keep the t-stat on 68 F. Thick robe. Think comforter on the bed.

That's life in Texas. We know how to deal with heat because we get a lot of that. Cold, not so much. And people around here are just plain stupid driving on ice.

The kids love sliding around on the ice after the rain, but I almost broke my ass taking out the garbage during the night. 🙄

Alabama. Went fishing today after the storms blew through! 65 when I got there 45 when I left. Fish were biting👍 gonna be in the teens and highs below freezing for couple days with chance of wintry mix!

Reactions: SilentStalkr