• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• The site has been updated!

If you notice any issues, please let us know below!

VIEW THREAD

What muzzle device on your rimfire

What muzzle device on your rimfire

• None

Votes: 23 31.1%
  • Suppressor

Votes: 42 56.8%
  • Muzzle brake

Votes: 9 12.2%

• Total voters

Tree

Supporter
Supporter
Minuteman
Jan 28, 2018
MN (Frozen tundra)
Just trying to gauge what a majority opinion is. Please also post what rifle maker for your selection.

41846984432_857ccc7e40_z.jpg

https://volquartsen.com/products/418-forward-blow-comp

Mostly so the Vudoo will fit in the rack at the NRL22 matches

Reactions: JKW70
After getting my first 22 can and hearing the difference it’s likely that I may never shoot 22 without it again.

Sako, Anschutz, VQ, Kidd, Ruger or if you meant suppressor manufacturer Dead Air and Surefire.

Last edited:
Reactions: Jefe's Dope
Dont have a suppressor yet but my lightweight 10/22 with tacsol barrel has their brake on it, have a savage fvsr with tacsol forward blow comp and the new kidd supergrade just has thread protector on it

Are you seeing any accuracy changes when you go from with to without suppressor? Seems it might change the bbl harmonics a little?

This poll has interesting results as I see less cans at matches than what is being indicated. For those shooting suppressors have you done any accuracy impact test with using them vs not using them?

Reactions: Bwana John
Seems just as accurate with the can on. I think there was a small change in point of impact though.

This poll has interesting results as I see less cans at matches than what is being indicated. For those shooting suppressors have you done any accuracy impact test with using them vs not using them?

At our local Rimfire PRS/NRL matches we are seeing over 50-75% using cans and sometimes more.

Reactions: Bwana John
CZ455 done by djdillon with Gemtech M4-02 (5.56 rated) suppressor. Don't have a rimfire suppressor, so I use the 5.56

I use a silencerco sparrow SS on my 10/22 and a ACC TiRant 45m on my Tikka T1X. I find that the TiRant gives me more of a full rifle feel, allows for more even practice for my PRS rig. Sound is about the same with either, accuracy is top notch with both cans. Wouldn't shoot a threaded 22lr without a can ever again.

Reactions: BlastersAreCool
CZ 452 and Tikka T1x, suppressor DPT.
I only shoot standard velocity/sub sonics so a suppressor is a no brainer. The T1x is a 16" barrel, which is the way to go if shooting suppressed, my CZ American with 22" barrel is a bit unwieldy with a 4" suppressor added.

There is a POI difference of around 1.5moa when adding the suppressor.
No effect on accuracy unless the suppressor is exceptionally dirty, cleaning it returns accuracy to normal.

Kidding aside muzzle brakes, Really serve no good purpose on a lightly recoiling rifle like a rimfire.
They look neat, so there is a group of shooters that will go in that direction.
If you want to see what really works for accuracy, look at the competition shooters at the international level. If they use it, there's probably a good reason to, at least, look at it. If they don't use it, there's probably no reason to even consider it aside from appearance.

If you put enough rounds through one of those radial comps, you'll likely get a bullet strike on some part of the lead built-up inside the comp's bore, or have a bit of that build-up break away from one of the ports and fall into the bore (and into the path of the next bullet). I've had both happen to me in both pistols and rifles. At best, you get some splatter out of the circumference of the comp.; at worst, it'll cause the bullet to deflect away from its expected trajectory.

Last edited: