• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• The site has been updated!

If you notice any issues, please let us know below!

VIEW THREAD

What screw gun are you using for neck turning?

cvonessn

Private
Minuteman
Oct 9, 2012
N NJ
When I turn the necks of my brass my little hand held rechargeable cordless screwdriver only lasts around 30-40 rnds before it loses juice. Its just a Wal-Mart cheapie and I'm looking to get a better one.

I liked it because its light and its got the quick reverse so I can unchuck my round...curious to see what others are doing?

I've got plenty of the big boys (18v Ryobi and Dewalt) they are just bulked and too powerful.

CvE

I use a Dewalt cordless screw driver and it works very well. Comes with two batteries and keep one charging while one is powering the driver.

I have a couple of the old school Black & Deckers, you don't even see them at a Home Depot or Lowes anymore, but I scoped them out on Amazon. They work great, only negative to them is that the batteries are permanently mounted in them, so you can't simply replace them.
I agree with you on the bulky thing re: cordless drills, but the new Lithium Ion 9.6V ones are pretty svelte. Otherwise just poke around on the web and find you a simple cordless screwdriver.
Good Luck