• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• The site has been updated!

If you notice any issues, please let us know below!

VIEW THREAD

What size bushing for Hornady 6.5cm brass?

GreenBlood10

Lead Farmer
Minuteman
Nov 27, 2012
Spring Grove, Pa
What size bushing are you guys using in your Redding die when reloading Hornady brass for 6.5cm? I don't have any brass or loaded rounds to measure in order to determine the proper size. I currently only have a .289 bushing and I believe that will be too big. This for a large frame AR so I'm looking for .003" of neck tension. Thanks in advance for any help.

my loaded rounds are .291 so .288 bushing with Hornady brass

Saw video where Redding is "now" recommending .001 neck tension. I'm getting .014 neck thickness on Lapua brass. (.014 *2) + .264 = .292 so .291 bushing. I've been using more neck tension than this so I'm waiting for .291 and .290 bushing to get here.

Sorry about that, my loaded hornady brass measures .291", depending on what neck tension you want. I have been using .003 with a .288 bushing on Hornady brass.

I use a .288 for both my AR and my bolt loads, I also have started using a Lee factory crimp die on the brass that will be used in the autoloader... one thing I've learned is you will not stop bullet movement when it feeds into the chamber but using a light crimp seems to keep that movement a little more consistent.

edited to add, for Lapua brass I switched to a .289 bushing as the brass is just a hair thicker.

Last edited: