• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Movie Theater What's Your All-Time Favorite Western?

Re: What's Your All-Time Favorite Western?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Sirhrmechanic</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Guess noone wants to vote for Terror of Tinytown... first All-midget Western. c 1938.

It's so bad... it's good.

Cheers,

Sirhr </div></div>
I've got a copy of it, but I couldn't for the life of me tell you why.

vlcsnap2011071018h40m56.png

First all-midget flick of <span style="text-decoration: underline">any</span> type. This should be in the "Worst Movie You Ever Saw" thread because ToTT is much more likely to show up on a worsts list than a bests.

John Wayne's The Alamo

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Blackops_2</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: turnandshoot4</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Ok, I'll admit it. I love Tombstone. </div></div>

Mine also without a doubt is tombstone, to me there is no performance of doc better than vals. I love the movie, but doc is what makes tombstone great to me</div></div>

Definitely agree there..Not that the movie didn't have a great foundation, but Val's role there was what just really topped it all.

Josey Wales ..."Dying aint much of a livin', boy"...

<object width="425" height="350"> <param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/7tiTzQoEWDw"></param> <param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param> <embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/7tiTzQoEWDw" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350"> </embed></object>

Pale Rider with Clint Eastwood as Will Muny.

The Sons of Katie Elder - John Wayne

I don't know how you pick just one- they are all so good-

I like the one where John Wayne plays the old gunslinger who isn't fast- he's just cool calm and collected- the one where he ends up shot in the saloon and he's wearing an eye patch.

And 3:10 to Yuma was pretty epic. I love the scene at the end where he's thinking, "You all disgust me." and he goes full blown righteous and shoots every man in his band of thugs. The look on his face says they were all replaceable.

Agree with all of them, not sure if it was mentioned but The Shootist is pretty good too.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Trapshooter12</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Big Jake.
</div></div>

This. One of John Wayne's last movies, and the movie kind of dealt with the end of the Western Era. Very cool mixing of old west action, guns and story and the new weapons coming into the new century. Even has a real sniper scene!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Sirhrmechanic</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Guess noone wants to vote for Terror of Tinytown... first All-midget Western. c 1938.

It's so bad... it's good.

Cheers,

Sirhr </div></div>

HA!! Nice Sirhr

Gonna go with Outlaw Josey Wales or Tombstone.

Once upon a time in the west
Great scene at the end, he shoots the bad guy and gives his hormonica to him. " <span style="text-decoration: underline">The Quick and the Dead"</span> copied the ending... hell about half the movie.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: JCH</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Eldorado </div></div>

That's my favorite one as well.

Quigley Down Under... for me and my grandfather, God rest his soul

Just to throw a hand at Tombstone again there are too many memorable quotes.
"Say When" - Doc Holliday
<object width="425" height="350"> <param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/VC1-4SzXKF0"></param> <param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param> <embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/VC1-4SzXKF0" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350"> </embed></object>

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: h4everything</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Cowboys with John Wayne. </div></div>

+1 it's a classic! But I also have a soft spot for the trinity flicks as well.

Nothing wrong with an old spagetti western.......

Rio Bravo John Wayne's leading lady Angie Dickinson was looking HOT!

Way too many good ones to think of a favorite.

We just changed cable providers and got the encore western channel in the package. I watch it most nights now. Its fantastic. Both my wife and I watch it and prefer it to new tv shows which 99% just plain suck. Its amazing as an adult watching the last 50 or so years of western films and remembering how much they infulenced us as kids.

Any John Wayne, Any Clint Eastwood, Any Kirk Douglas, Any Charlton Heston, Any Gregory Peck, Any...

Hey Fred, I got a vcr of Terror of Tiny Town I picked up 25 years ago. I saw it one night on cable and thought it was just so bizzare when I saw it on the rack I had to own it!

Lonesome Dove: great all around, but great long range shot. "By God, thats enough"

Tombstone: Val is the nest Doc ever.

Once upon the time in the west: Best opening scene. "Why only three horses" "looks like we are one short" "looks like you brought two to many"

I am surprised 'Butch Cassidy and the Sundance Kid' only got a few mentions. A couple of great characters and they had great lines.

'Open Range' is a good western. I liked it better the second time I watched it, though. It is one of the best movies (not just westerns) to watch on BluRay with a good entertainment system. Great colors and sound. The story was ok and I am not a big fan of Annette Benning's acting.

'Lonesome Dove' has the best character development of any western, maybe any movie, I guess that is because it is a miniseries. Even though Jake Spoon gets his, you still hate to see it because you feel for him and hope he can get his act together.

Obviously these movies are great too...

Good Bad Ugly
Outlaw Jose Wales
Once Upon a Time in the West
Cowboys
Tombstone
Blazing Saddles

I'm not really big on westerns but I really enjoyed True Grit (the new one). It's now one of my favorites. Funny how most of my friends don't like it and can't understand why I do.

My favorite part is when Matt Damon guy is talking about how far his gun can shoot and the older guy says it not the gun I'm doubting. lol

For me, it's a tossup between "The Good, the Bad and the Ugly" and "Once Upon a Time in the West".

The Searchers, The Wild Bunch and The Good, Bad & ugly.

Peck in <span style="font-style: italic">The Stalking Moon</span>, and Jones in <span style="font-style: italic">The Missing</span>.

The Outlaw Josey Wales and Butch Cassidy and the Sundance Kid...the one with Newman and Redford.

Blazing Saddles (even though its a comedy)
Outlaw Jose Wales (the spitting on the dogs head was priceless)
Silverado
The Good The Bad & The Ugly

Lonesome Dove: "I hate rude behavior in a man, I won't tolerate it."

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Jthompson</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Lonesome Dove: "I hate rude behavior in a man, I won't tolerate it."

</div></div>

Right after he beat the crap out of a man. Great line. Little more of that and we'd have a polite society.

I like "Outlaw Josey Wales", great lines there.
"Seems like, every time I get to likin' somebody they ain't around long."
"Seems like, every time you get to <span style="font-weight: bold">dislikin'</span> somebody, they aint around long, either."

1911fan