• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

What's your coolest gun ?

I REALLY hate flies this much. And wow, do we ever have them from the chicken farms on Maryland's eastern shore

1618261762947.png

I used to belong to a cannon club, so much fun.
Next year hopefully, I will begin View attachment 7602887making my cannon from the schematics in The Artillerists Manual.
If you need some Print books, I have a few. Tredegar, man howitzer prairie carriage and Napoleon carriage. I’m done with them, so would share...

If you need some Print books, I have a few. Tredegar, man howitzer prairie carriage and Napoleon carriage. I’m done with them, so would share...

If you are needing a CAD plan, I have the one I drew up to build "Abigail".

I suppose you could import them into most CAD programs, but they were drawn in TurboCad.

View attachment 7602915
Go Big or Go Home. I guess Technically its a 50 Cal. Mark VII 16 inch/50 Caliber Gun.

Screw you
Screw your cover
Screw your bunker
Screw everyone in a 10 mil radius (super special fission boosted shells--now THAT is a ballistic tip, 20 kt warhead--I'm guestimating on overpressure and fallout, but meh, what are nukes among friends).
World Record ELR Holder at 40Km....
Is that deck wooden?

One of my great uncles was briefly assigned to a Nebelwerfer section during the war.
Reckons they would launch a a few volleys, then relocate, the Russian counter battery became steadily better as the war progressed.
He was one of the few original Panzer Grenadiers to survive from his division.
The family reunions were interesting after the war.

Reactions: camocorvette
Go Big or Go Home. I guess Technically its a 50 Cal. Mark VII 16 inch/50 Caliber Gun.

Screw you
Screw your cover
Screw your bunker
Screw everyone in a 10 mil radius (super special fission boosted shells--now THAT is a ballistic tip, 20 kt warhead--I'm guestimating on overpressure and fallout, but meh, what are nukes among friends).
I’m in that picture. Sky-1 director officer. The box with radar between the two forward CIWS mounts. USS IOWA 86’-89’. We never carried 16” nuke shells. TLAM - N. I can neither confirm or deny. Also FZ key holder...

View attachment 7602915

Screw you
Screw your cover
Screw your bunker
Didn’t the HARP gun send a projectile to an altitude of 181 Km / horizontal 62km?

I don’t really have any super cool guns.
Probably closest is my Springfield range officer I did some work on.
CE933F2F-75D5-42DD-B321-5C7605CCE610.jpeg

Nuthin super special but I like it.
My guns mainly just cover a purpose, not to be really anything special.
My new 338 build is my favorite because it kicks ass and is the first barrel I did myself.

Colt M16a1. Always wanted one and i got one. Sucks transferables cost so much or id own a bunch of fa stuff. Oh well!

Reactions: Alphatreedog
I had this custom-made ... it's a SIG P220 SS-Carry, never fired, mirror-polished (by Patriot Gun Polishing), and adorned with 24k gold-plated controls and a Rosewood grip. It's about as cool as it gets in this "coolest gun" category. Sits in a shadow-box in my reloading room where I can look at it's "coolness" every day.

View attachment 7602704
That’s just screaming out to be worn as a barbecue gun

Reactions: amos
I don’t really have any super cool guns.
Probably closest is my Springfield range officer I did some work on.
View attachment 7603234
Nuthin super special but I like it.
My guns mainly just cover a purpose, not to be really anything special.
My new 338 build is my favorite because it kicks ass and is the first barrel I did myself.
Doesn't have to be a Gold plated Desert Eagle . Just cool to you .
And Springfield ROs are cool .

Reactions: Steel head
now i am jealous I want a battle ship on my front lawn on concrete blocks too . lol

Back in the old days, did men have much longer necks, or did their arms just sprout out at about mid chest level?
That is a lovely gun, every fireplace should have one!
This old rifle known to the family as the "Hog Rifle" is 36 caliber and has been in the family for many generations and has had the stock replaced at least once but some say twice. The stocks were made by hand on a farm in Kentucky and I also thought great grandpa Reynolds was a little off on the drop but after shooting it I found it to be quite comfortable and allowed you to hold your head up good and straight. It was used to kill farm hogs for meat and to hunt turkey, squirrel, and deer. On the right side of the picture you can see the original powder horn and possible bag with a bullet mold in it.

One of my great uncles was briefly assigned to a Nebelwerfer section during the war.
Reckons they would launch a a few volleys, then relocate, the Russian counter battery became steadily better as the war progressed.
He was one of the few original Panzer Grenadiers to survive from his division.
The family reunions were interesting after the war.

Explains some of your posts....

Why were you shooting at the Pentagon back than?

Do you guy have 6 digit grids for Congress?
Somebody thought it was neat to overlay fall of shot on Vieques Island on the Pentagon for reference. would need substantial dredging on the Potomac to get it deep enough to get within range.

Somebody thought it was neat to overlay fall of shot on Vieques Island on the Pentagon for reference. would need substantial dredging on the Potomac to get it deep enough to get within range.

Not with a Tomahawk.....

Reactions: brianf
My "coolest" one requires no primers, powder, or fire (It actually gets colder with each shot). It launches a 145 grain .357 Nosler Extreme slug. It is legal for hunting deer in my home state, and is nearly silent compared to a .22 rimfire. It has a Long barrel in a Bull-Pup configuration.

Attachments

• bulldog with snail.jpg
    bulldog with snail.jpg
    121.1 KB · Views: 65
To me my coolest gun is a Shiloh Sharps Sporter #3 with fancy wood in .45-90 with a 30" octagon barrel and soule tang sight.

A close second is my late Fathers Winchester Model 71 in .348 Win.

1618329733726.png

The one gun I dearly wanted and damn near ordered, but at the time I just could not justify owning was a Meacham made Schuetzen rifle.
1618329671323.png

To me my coolest gun is a Shiloh Sharps Sporter #3 with fancy wood in .45-90 with a 30" octagon barrel and soule tang sight.

A close second is my late Fathers Winchester Model 71 in .348 Win.

View attachment 7603526

The one gun I dearly wanted and damn near ordered, but at the time I just could not justify owning was a Meacham made Schuetzen rifle.
View attachment 7603517
I had never heard of a 45-90 till a few weeks ago. Neighbor bought a truck from a farm and it had 10 or so of them rolling around the back seat. Live ammo.

Another rifle that popped up on my radar in the realm of cool to me is the MAS 49/56 . Saw my first one about 2 weeks ago and sported wood .

Another rifle that popped up on my radar in the realm of cool to me is the MAS 49/56 . Saw my first one about 2 weeks ago and sported wood .
THAT'S your "coolest" gun?

Try JC's in Huntsville AL, it's been a looong time but it wouldn't surprise me if he still had some (and I reckon some he sold and bought back to resell).
nothing i'd put on the internet
I've got nearly 30 tax stamps and completed 7 4473's at once a few years back, I think it's safe to say they know who I am.

I like that M2HB a lot, but this one is my favorite to shoot, an integrally suppressed Kidd 10/22 w/Liberty Pinnacle 2 barrel. My friend's 4yo shot this on his birthday, it's always a crowd pleaser and only makes a clicking sound when you fire it!
IMG_0837.JPG

THAT'S your "coolest" gun?

Try JC's in Huntsville AL, it's been a looong time but it wouldn't surprise me if he still had some (and I reckon some he sold and bought back to resell).

I've got nearly 30 tax stamps and completed 7 4473's at once a few years back, I think it's safe to say they know who I am.

I like that M2HB a lot, but this one is my favorite to shoot, an integrally suppressed Kidd 10/22 w/Liberty Pinnacle 2 barrel. My friend's 4yo shot this on his birthday, it's always a crowd pleaser and only makes a clicking sound when you fire it!
View attachment 7603625
Muh Cool List ;
Tiger/Brindled hickory Pennsylvania Rifle .
M1 Garand .
M14 Super Match and a Scout Squad EBR .
Mini 14 .
MAS 49/56 .
M60 .
Remington 7600 .308 pump .
Remington 742 .308 .
Winchester Stealth 7mm Rem Mag .
Don't get me wrong there are many cool crazy accurate rifles in abundance but that list gets me wet .

A Napolean era flintlock from Lady Mac Donald Stewart . A Russian machined AK from the fields of Korea from my Army air Corp Uncle.,,, and a Browning BAR.,, Did I mention the 600 year old tanta .

Like to see that AK.....if by fields of Korea you mean the Police Action era than that would be a rare bird.

I don't think the CCCP made them known to the public until 1956 when they invaded Hungary.

Reactions: greg1147
What was SD/ES?
Best I can come up with…

AP - 2,500 fps (762 mps) (new gun)
AP - 2,425 fps (739 mps) (average gun)
AP - 1,800 fps (549 mps) (reduced charge)
HC - 2,690 fps (820 mps) (new gun)
HC - 2,615 fps (797 mps) (average gun)
HC - 2,075 fps (632 mps) (reduced charge)

When the smokeless propellants (SP) were freshly made during World War II, MV varied no more than +/- 10 fps (3 mps) shot to shot and often no worse than +/- 5 fps shot to shot. As SP will degrade over time, a few years later during the Korean deployments MV varied about +/- 14 fps (4.3 mps) and during Vietnam about +/- 23 fps (7 mps). By the time of the 1980s deployments, shot to shot variation was about +/- 32 fps (9.8 mps). This large variation was a primary contributor to USS New Jersey's poor shooting off Lebanon in 1984. As a result, the NSWC Dhalgren facility and USS Iowa were tasked with improving performance. Old D839 and D846 propellant lots were remixed and proved to bring variation back within the +/- 10 fps requirement.

My 16.5" Lee Enfield No4 Mk1* Scout Rifle.

Oh, I've heard a lot of collector purist types piss & moan about I completely ruined an irreplaceable piece of history, as if it was a rare piece, and only 6 were ever made... However, I think I kept enough of the original flavor to pay homage to it's lineage, and still update it to suit my needs. (OK, wants)

This old warhorse is so cool, she's my one, and only .30 caliber battle rifle. I trust her to get the job done.

1 A Lee Enfield Battle Rifle on princess rock.JPG

What was SD/ES?
CEP isn't that great by today's standards. But for bombing beach-heads; sufficient. However, for the range of 25-36K yards the accuracy of an unguided round is actually spectacular.

Reactions: pmclaine
Colt 1903 Model M in .32 acp - rescued as a POS and rusting into oblivion and restored/tricked with trigger/hammer job, hard chrome, and the original gutta percha grips and yes, I carry it.....at times.
Colt1903PocketHammerless1922.jpg

Shoots like a sharp pair of scissors and has never missed a lick, failed to extract/feed nor failed to satisfy and amaze.

VooDoo

Colt 1903 Model M in .32 acp - rescued as a POS and rusting into oblivion and restored/tricked with trigger/hammer job, hard chrome, and the original gutta percha grips and yes, I carry it.....at times.View attachment 7751117

Shoots like a sharp pair of scissors and has never missed a lick, failed to extract/feed nor failed to satisfy and amaze.

VooDoo
That sir, is beautiful!!!!! Always fancied one; but they shot through the roof about the time I got interested. Never sure of gettting a 32 or a 380. Since the 32 is the OG, I'd likely go that way. Interesting you carry it at times. Who made that holster? Or is this old school vest pocket?

Reactions: Vodoun daVinci