• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Where can I find Varget and Fed 210M in one stop?

One_Man

Private
Minuteman
Jul 6, 2009
Selma, Texas
I am trying to find the two items in stock online at the same place to avoid paying the hazmat fee 2x. Cabelas has Varget but no primers, MidwayUSA is out of everything.

Re: Where can I find Varget and Fed 210M in one stop?

It seems everywhere I have checked they have either one or the other or none at all. Cabelas is usually really good about getting backorders sent out quickly. I have ordered several primers and powders from there before when all of them were on backorder and only had to pay the $20 fee once. They sent everything within two weeks of my order but all came at seperate times in different shipments. So I got two or three different shipments over that two week time and didn't have to pay the fee with each shipment. Cabelas does have the CCI BR2 primers in stock. These are good primers to use and equal in quality and perfomance as the 210M Federals. If you are dead set on Ferderals I say just get them from Cabelas. You probably won't have to wait more than two weeks. I wouldn't go through Midway. My buddy has had a backorder for some sizing dies for his .223 since February and they have sent him the wrong thing twice. I have personally never had a problem with Midway but I have never had anything get backordered from there either.

They wont ship powder and primers together so no getting out of that.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: dmg308</div><div class="ubbcode-body">They wont ship powder and primers together so no getting out of that.</div></div>

Who won't? Cabelas....or everyone?

I've gotten powder and primers together a few times.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: jasonk</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: dmg308</div><div class="ubbcode-body">They wont ship powder and primers together so no getting out of that.</div></div>

Who won't? Cabelas....or everyone?

I've gotten powder and primers together a few times. </div></div>

Me, too! From Midway and Midsouth! Only one fee. Don't remember for sure if they were in the same box or not but did more than once until we got a shop here that I can find what I want most of the time.

Thanks T-money, most helpful. I don't get it. Why aren't these companies (Sierra, Hodgdon, Federal, etc) ramping up production on their products? They could be making a killing in this economy. It seems like there is huge demand for Varget, SMK's and 210M's.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Parkincense</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Thanks T-money, most helpful. I don't get it. Why aren't these companies (Sierra, Hodgdon, Federal, etc) ramping up production on their products? They could be making a killing in this economy. It seems like there is huge demand for Varget, SMK's and 210M's. </div></div>

My best guess is this same thing happened back in the mid 90's...Clinton era and assault weapons ban. There was a huge spike in demand for all guns, ammo, and other related items because of the threat to the 2nd amendment. Sound familiar? Anyway...the manufacturers really cranked up production to meet and surpass the demand. Ultimately, demand dropped off sharply and unpredictatbly and the manufacturers and retailers were left with a lot of inventory that they couldn't move. In the end a lot of people took losses just to get rid of old inventory. Now the manufacturers are just producing enough to meet backorders and demand. They can make more money this way and will not have to take a loss if the demand drops like it did in the 90's.

I don't believe they will take a huge hit. But I believe their going to get smacked around some once the Hoarders start dumping their stuff. The Hoarders are going to be the ones that get smacked the hardest many have bought high and think they will hang on and make a huge killing. Your starting to see Primers now and it won't be long until their is a Surplus again.

Powder Valley shipped my Powder and Primers in the same box for one hazmat fee,last time I ordered.I think 50# is the max to a box, and I got a group buy up and split the shipping. Lightman