• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• The site has been updated!

If you notice any issues, please let us know below!

VIEW THREAD

Where to start?

onesureshot

Private
Minuteman
Dec 13, 2007
Utah
I guess that is a bit misleading, as I have been shooting for many years, and have done some longer range shooting before, si I am not a total newb. I am really getting into the long range stuff and want to learn more. After reading some threads here, I realize I need to push a little harder and learn more about some of the more technical aspects of it.

I am wondering which would be better to start with, Brian Litz Applied Ballistics book or the SH On-line training? I will eventually do both, but I want to start with one or the other before Christmas, then follow up with the other after the first of the year. Realizing the on-lline training is really more of a continuing education, I am leaning towards the book first, but wanted some feedback from you guys first.

Thanks in advance.

Re: Where to start?

Both are excellent sources. Maybe, before you open your wallet, it would be fruitful to simply dive into the forums here in greater detail. Also, general consensus favors employing a .22LR rifle for training/practice. Saves money, bore life, and can usually be done closer to home and at shorter distances. Also, find company, instead if doing all this alone.

Greg

Re: Where to start?

They are two different animals. Brian Litz's book is a must if you want to dive into the uber-physics of internal and external ballistics. SH Online training assumes that you are working with a reliable and accurate rifle/round combination and focuses on the shooter. You will learn to shoot better if you get the online training. You will learn more about ballistics if you buy the book. It all comes down to what your priorities are.